IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

12 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Ain't that a new building, if so, how'd it get yucked up so quickly

This is the south station built in 2001. And yeah, it probably shouldn’t have gotten that crappy but…. :dontknow:

Here’s a picture of the old south station. That place was something. Three had to bunk in a room no bigger than the one pictured in the last post.

CEB63AB8-7246-4387-8A4C-63664590A28B.jpeg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Three had to bunk in a room no bigger than the one pictured in the last post

Them guys earned their money I’ll tell ya! :classic_biggrin:

image.gif.fe052408c69f81d88f2202f19c13fb3d.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Three had to bunk in a room no bigger than the one pictured in the last post.

Oh, nooooo, three in that itty bitty room

Samples of "three to a room",.......ahhhh, ship life

An example of crew's berthing | Navy ships, Go navy, Us navy shipsCrew Berths | A crew berthing space on board USS Midway. | Steve Schar ...

1999ish, USS Nassau, that spot I'm in housed six stacked three high on each side.

image.png.f4b49a5b2bdae6d4fe8ffbd1b147f7ce.png

• Like 3
11 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I had a middle rack.   Ship Life!  :yes:

mine varied, although the top had more space to store stuff in the overhead. 

Also, the squids didnt much like when we’d bayonet the air supply to get better airflow in our berthing,….I never saw a problem with it

18000 mile service equals 24000 mile service in Mike math. Plugs look good and the gap is dead on the factory spec of .8mm.  Think I'll go 30000 next time around. 

20230210_135711.thumb.jpg.ed4753f44d0f16c65346ae597f3cbba1.jpg20230210_133621.thumb.jpg.b343314f7df793f55d65ddb7e7acd113.jpg

• Like 2

The green & white checkerboard is gone. Come to find out no subfloor was put down. Asked the floor guy and he said it was how they did it in the early ’90s :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.687539b3c172f91fcd69c0029d36573a.jpeg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

That 7 cylinder motor must be pretty efficient.  :whistle:

I wondered about the plug count too, then noticed one plug was unused. I figured that was the spare from the tool kit in case he needed to change one on the road :classic_laugh:

• Smile 2
1 hour ago, EdM said:

I wondered about the plug count too, then noticed one plug was unused. I figured that was the spare from the tool kit in case he needed to change one on the road :classic_laugh:

That nice, clean plug is from the very efficient burning 7th cylinder.  Just sayin'    :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
22 hours ago, EdM said:

You really don't want to change a plug on the road! I had to change a coil at the Un lucky it was #1 but it still sucked. 😬

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MikeB60 said:

You really don't want to change a plug on the road! I had to change a coil at the Un lucky it was #1 but it still sucked. 😬

I can't imagine trying to do that anywhere but in a well equipped workshop. It seemed kind of funny to think back to the old days when carrying a spare plug was a real thing.

• Plus 1 1

I gotta get a backdraft damper, elevate the top duct just a bit, aim it out on the eave vents, seal it up and done

253ADBE9-4760-46D1-8A50-903D213ACE13.thumb.jpeg.d1c79935a5448e5b4321b51efa6c3f19.jpeg

much more quiet than the microwave vent and another range hood we tried

• Like 5
On 2/12/2023 at 9:14 AM, Rougarou said:

I gotta get a backdraft damper, elevate the top duct just a bit, aim it out on the eave vents, seal it up and done

253ADBE9-4760-46D1-8A50-903D213ACE13.thumb.jpeg.d1c79935a5448e5b4321b51efa6c3f19.jpeg

much more quiet than the microwave vent and another range hood we tried

Two S’s & no Drive’s?

Ah, this ain't HVAC, it's simply exhaust for a range hood.  Once I have the backdraft damper and get it to the right position, I'ma use some #20 self-tappers and wrap it all with decent duct tape.  It might end up ugly, but it'll be functional,.....and if you don't like it, you can crawl in that damn attic and do it:classic_biggrin:

Low pitch roof is nice to walk on, but not nice to walk in,.....even my short-assed self can't stand up in my attic

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

The “V” in HVAC stands for Ventilation which is what your exhaust is doing. 

I’ll Pass on the attic offer:rofl:

Ya, I know the acronym, but never put it on anything other than heat/AC.  You should see my bathroom "ventilation" ductwork or my dryer ductwork.  "Sealed enough" to exhaust out ;)

Goodies from MAX! 

Oh, I see you also got parts.  Nice 

20230220_113028.thumb.jpg.5cab156849223a6434990a2b8abd5faf.jpg

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Goodies from MAX!  Hopefully I can get the Big Girl back on the road this afternoon. 

20230220_113028.thumb.jpg.5cab156849223a6434990a2b8abd5faf.jpg

Those are the newly designed O-rings, I hope? I know GA stays relatively mild but…. Rocket boosters, right? :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

Well, ive been maxed out on vacation days and haven’t been accruing any for a couple of months. Forecast for the day was low 80’s (in freakin Feb) so i took today and tomorrow off to finish this freakin siding. Let me just say, its much easier with the foreman on site. By myself sucks. 

image.thumb.jpg.2fe79000ebfffd369fb9c890a553be65.jpg

Thats coat two. Ima let it dry a couple hours then check for any light spots then the fun begins of cleaning the sprayer🤬🤬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I hadn't heard about this.  I like it.  My agency was fortunate to have a 24 hr emergency vet hospital in the city so our guys would do their own scoop and run emergency transport there.  But I could see where this would be needed in smaller towns.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

No pics but on a sad note today I drove by a T intersection on the way to Keystone Heights moments after a crash occurred (SR 2I and 352). There was a road construction crew nearby, I could see a small car heavily damaged in the front and a smallish yellow vehicle I couldn't make out wadded up on the same side of the road with a guy wearing a fluorescent vest laying on the ground. It appeared it was a construction person operating a small piece of equipment that got hit but I texted a buddy I knew was about a mile behind me to warn him. He lives in the area and texted back later to say it was a guy on a Can Am Spyder and that he died. 

To be fair I didn't see it happen and don't know the circumstances just assumed the car didn't see (or mentally register) and pulled out in front of the three wheeler as is so common  Just please be careful out there guys, it was school bus yellow and he had on a bright yellow fluorescent vest with red alternating stripes, there just isn't much more you can do than that.

• Sad 3
17 hours ago, TEWKS said:

A retirement lunch a little earlier today. 

Congrats to Capt. Keddie on his retirement. That axe is a nice gift for his service. I was given one very much like it from my crew when I retired 3 years ago which is hanging in my home office. 

• Like 1
On 2/23/2023 at 11:00 AM, Rougarou said:

then the fun begins of cleaning the sprayer🤬🤬

You already know this but………
The sprayer needs to be clean as a whistle when you finish with it & for good measure stored with diesel in the pump. 

36 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

You already know this but………
The sprayer needs to be clean as a whistle when you finish with it & for good measure stored with diesel in the pump. 

That sprayer is prolly five years old, I put the blue juice in it for long term storage

• Plus 1 1

The penalty for that sort of driving error was having to buy ice cream for the crew in my station, maybe even cake for that kind of damage. Helped to ease the writers cramp from all the paperwork.

• Haha 1

Without naming names, I pulled up to a medical call giving the ambulance plenty of room to back in the driveway. (when they arrived) (we were already inside) (so I didn’t see it) I guess the driver didn’t feel the same way as I did about the plenty of room :classic_biggrin:.

Funny you mention “cake” we did have cake yesterday for our Captain’s final day. Luckily I didn’t have to do any of the paperwork! :yes:

• Like 1

I always marveled at the ability of the ambulance crews to pick the worst possible place to park their bus at a scene. But they were topped by the cop who decided to park his cruiser directly on top of the freshly laid hi-vol hose from the hydrant.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

parking properly at our emergency scenes

Once your unit gets stuck inside the fire apparatus melee......... The ass chewing from the Sarg usually cures that......

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1