IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

4 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1adaa65ea8e1fd5e880746e31ed36dda.jpeg

Nope, I'll take the rat snake over those guys.  In Ga, we'd have Timber Rattlers hang out in the carport.  I'm not a fan of snakes, poisonous or not!!

2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

That dude would have to go.

No. When I did that the first time I found one in my yard I had a rat problem soon afterwards. 
This snake came into the yard skinny & hungry & found it’s self a rodent happy meal, then got stuck trying to exit. 
I suited up in motorcycle gear & used a set of side cutters to free the grateful guest.   

• Plus 1 1
20 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Nope, I'll take the rat snake over those guys.  In Ga, we'd have Timber Rattlers hang out in the carport.  I'm not a fan of snakes, poisonous or not!!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TSConver said:

That is s good snake.

No such thing

My basement last year

3AB47FB8-3543-4007-A9F5-2463F436A7D9.jpeg.e1c2942da7ad32d0bab67701aede6cc7.jpeg

Here's one coming down the oak tree.  That metal carport is where the other one was sitting on the fence, likely the same snake.

You see who's fawkin with the snake and who's behind the camera right;)  We kinda was wanting it down so we could trim up some of those limbs.

• Like 1

Everybody remembers this one I’m sure… ;)

image.gif.d8779980441069f3901e0d4bb5a5374d.gif

Now that’s a snake! :jaw:

I don’t like snakes one bit. :burnout:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

No such thing

My basement last year

3AB47FB8-3543-4007-A9F5-2463F436A7D9.jpeg.e1c2942da7ad32d0bab67701aede6cc7.jpeg

Here's one coming down the oak tree.  That metal carport is where the other one was sitting on the fence, likely the same snake.

You see who's fawkin with the snake and who's behind the camera right;)  We kinda was wanting it down so we could trim up some of those limbs.

Put it in a burlap bag, I will come get it.

59 minutes ago, TSConver said:

If we do get into that N. Georgia backcountry like I have planned, this question may come up. :classic_biggrin:

image.jpeg.23d1d2885fcc2d8ab5880faa36682f53.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TSConver said:

Next one I catch, you'll be the first to know:classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
20 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Obligatory:

Screenshot2023-04-16195335.thumb.jpg.ff6fcaf7440ba069df9c5afa4cfcc671.jpg

Moreyouknow.jpg.b429e73453d70c0a926313c4a051d111.jpg

if it makes you sick or die does the terminology really matter;)

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

What if it makes you jump and scream like a girl? I mean, not a long loud scream, but a quick little chirp? And then throw a few profanities?

• Haha 3

I’m pretty sure I told this story before. Playing stick guns as a kid I took a shot and played up the fall. Yup, right on what appeared to be a nest of Garter Snakes. About twenty of them. Oh yeah, I screamed like a little girl! You can never come back from an experience like that! :27: 

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

What if it makes you jump and scream like a girl? I mean, not a long loud scream, but a quick little chirp? And then throw a few profanities?

You know, I was moving some stuff near my wood line and I had it in my head that I was going to see a nifty black snake at some point while pick some of this dunnage up.  Well, I pick up a piece of old vinyl siding and there be the black snake and I swear, the hint of estrogen came outta my vocal cords which caused  my body to do a quick jump,....but since there was no video or witnesses, .............

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Rougarou said:

You know, I was moving some stuff near my wood line and I had it in my head that I was going to see a nifty black snake at some point while pick some of this dunnage up.  Well, I pick up a piece of old vinyl siding and there be the black snake and I swear, the hint of estrogen came outta my vocal cords which caused  my body to do a quick jump,....but since there was no video or witnesses, .............

I would do the exact same thing.

No snakes!

16 hours ago, Hosstage said:

My wife and I were on a hike in Colorado's Mesa Verde park and we came up on a small rattlesnake on the edge of the trail. It gave us a warning we were too close and upon hearing that, my wife screamed and pushed off the nearest solid object to propel herself away from the snake - me. Newtons laws of equal and opposite reactions meant I was propelled towards the snake. I now know where I rank when it comes to her survival when faced with danger.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, EdM said:

My wife and I were on a hike in Colorado's Mesa Verde park 

She obviously studied from the spousal outdoor survival guide! :spittake: 

image.jpeg.80be7b8dbec65182a962dae6d29b329a.jpeg

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

She obviously studied from the spousal outdoor survival guide! :spittake: 

image.jpeg.80be7b8dbec65182a962dae6d29b329a.jpeg

After the UN in Moscow, ID, we visited Glacier NP.  Ruth wanted take a short hike in the woods.  I suggested it wasn't advised as we had no bear spray and the signs cautioned for bears.  Later, at McDonald lodge we saw a tour bus driver walking around with bear spray in hand.  I asked if a bear had been spotted nearby was the reason for the spray.  He replied, "No.  I don't walk far from the lodge without spray any time."

Some recommend pepper spray; others a bell to ring scaring the bear.  Although, I heard that bear scat often smells like pepper and occasionally yields a bell.

• Like 3

Last summer's trip to Utah, wife and I were walking through some nature park/garden thingy.  She stopped me, said "I hear a rattlesnake",....just off the path, 'bout 3feet away, waist high block wall was one slowly slitherin.  She takes happy snaps, I stay my distance.

That's another issue with rattlers,....I can't hear them!!:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

A true story: a friend of mine was camping with friends in the Boundary Waters about 20 years ago. He wakes early, goes out of the tent, sees a raccoon in the tree getting after their food stored up there. He then realized it is no raccoon, but a bear. He starts yelling "Bear! Bear!", and everyone starts scrambling out of their tents. My friend runs back into his tent where his tent mate is scrambling to get dressed.

My friend says "Bill, remember to put your tennis shoes on."

Bill: "Steve, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Bill, you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun me!"

Bill is just so , confused , And starts laughing, but still serious and says "Dammit Steve, this is no time for jokes!"

But it sure was the perfect time for jokes, and Steve nailed it!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

A true story: a friend of mine was camping with friends in the Boundary Waters about 20 years ago. He wakes early, goes out of the tent, sees a raccoon in the tree getting after their food stored up there. He then realized it is no raccoon, but a bear. He starts yelling "Bear! Bear!", and everyone starts scrambling out of their tents. My friend runs back into his tent where his tent mate is scrambling to get dressed.

My friend says "Bill, remember to put your tennis shoes on."

Bill: "Steve, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Bill, you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun me!"

Bill is just so , confused , And starts laughing, but still serious and says "Dammit Steve, this is no time for jokes!"

But it sure was the perfect time for jokes, and Steve nailed it!

In Panama in '89, at night we'd go out in four man teams to a designated area to "listen" for the Panamanian  Defense Force to come through our positions.  When dropped off, I was leading the walk to the area when I rounded a tree and up looking at me was a caiman.  Well, I immediately turned around and hollar'd "gator, gator" to the other three.  Once we gathered our thoughts and re-recon'd the area, we found that the massive caiman was only about three feet in length.  So, we cordoned off the area and captured it.  Some 100mph tape around the snout, then made a harness with 550 cord.  I had one of the troops dump his pack and we placed the little guy in there for the night.  Next morning, we trek out and get picked up, take the caiman back to the COC where there's a small, very small pond, and let it go, while still tethered with the 550 cord, every now and then you'd see it poke above the water.  Ham and Chicken loaf MRE were thrown in for some food stuff,......don't think the caiman like it either as that stuff would float around for a loooooong time.

• Like 1

Sheesh……..

A few years ago on my way home coming up our street I spot a slithering stick. 
I double back I see a nice sized gopher snake & since it’s in the gutter heading towards a busy main street I figure it’s far game. 
I stuff it in a pannier & released it when I get home.  
Hope it found a happy meal:eat:

So youngest kid has a clunking in her 2009 Jeep Compass and takes it to the dealer for a look-see. They look alright and give her the “you’re gonna die if this isn’t repaired” spill. Lower control arms, inn/outer tie rods, sway bar links, brakes f/r, bearings, struts,etc,etc. 

I replaced the control arms last yearish, bearings were done within the past yearish. Hmmmm, this is a Jeep dealership and they didn’t even road test to listen for the clunk. 

anyway, they may be going off of miles, but this is a Canadian issued Jeep, and its in KMs. 204k km

So me, not checking things thoroughly out, I get the sway bar links, inner/outer tie rods and brake pads. The joints were a bit wobbly so, thats fine for replacing but the brakes, meh, not so bad but since i already had new pads I put them on anyway

Fargin’ dealers:mad:

IMG_3050.thumb.jpeg.0a52eab8a802434c584597027522d3b6.jpeg

plenty life left

image.thumb.jpg.c03ad4c2e313655a3bdce403d3f389cc.jpg

• Like 1
roadscholar
20 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Oh look!

47BDAC09-46AE-4D40-A68C-704FF358E160.jpeg

That storm is moving East pretty fast Pat you should be thru the worst of it by the other side of Harrisburg.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Oh look!

47BDAC09-46AE-4D40-A68C-704FF358E160.jpeg

Never been so glad to be a wuss! Progress south would have ended early today. image.thumb.jpeg.35fc8f3dfccc41794898c6350edab33c.jpeg

Pat, it looks like you were listening to some of Richard's music (FFDP!)  Cool.

Also, I am interested in the ability to capture images whilst motoring in heavy rain.  Sup wit dat?     :dontknow:

Obligatory:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mitch has a pretty wide range in musical tastes, not Richard’s wide but not bad. :classic_biggrin:

Good find for sure! :thumbsup:

BE60AAC2-3D1C-4091-A730-46E6F78D16E6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
18 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Fargin’ dealers

Very annoying. Sent wife in for oil change. Came home saying dealer told her needed new tires and dangerous to drive. The Michelin tires were about a month old with 800 miles. On the other hand paid BMW dealer about a year ago to do 24k check. They gave me the check list which showed brake inspection. I started hearing metal about 2 weeks later. The pads were completely gone on the rear. I sent a complaint and pictures to BMWNA… no response

• Sad 1
John Ranalletta
50 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Very annoying. Sent wife in for oil change. Came home saying dealer told her needed new tires and dangerous to drive. The Michelin tires were about a month old with 800 miles. On the other hand paid BMW dealer about a year ago to do 24k check. They gave me the check list which showed brake inspection. I started hearing metal about 2 weeks later. The pads were completely gone on the rear. I sent a complaint and pictures to BMWNA… no response

As long as service writers and techs are paid via incentive programs and car dealers, as a group, display the morals of alley cats, this will persist.  I had ca. 28 dealer clients.  The worst were those with bible quotes hung on the wall.

I watch a YT channel, Rainman Ray's Repairs.  His journey from incentivized tech to shop owner is revealing.  Good guy.  Very talented.

If airlines compensate techs like auto dealers, stop flying.

7 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This looks DOT legal. And you thought the Pinto was dangerous. :spittake:
image.thumb.jpeg.88dbd2f5f7f02f8e7c93f6ec0fdff104.jpeg

Standard food truck/trailer ‘round these parts

• Like 1
roadscholar

Earlier.. It was about perfect today so a little fresh air cruise down the coast was in order. We experimented with 3 in a 2 seater, it worked ok for now, but he’s still growing.

E6DA1CB6-7A7A-4C68-9DF3-1064C4C3A624.thumb.jpeg.17177309ce81b9d3c2d4da5e64f8bc1d.jpeg

This fellow was having the same issue as me, TPS sensor said flat tire, it was down like 2 lbs so I overfilled all 4 of em : )

5D5E0A57-4F8A-40A0-B105-D86F80DD4F8E.thumb.jpeg.f45f5189d8b6a2d94f5af032cc3507f7.jpeg

The usual pics at Summer Haven, that’s  Matanzas Inlet in the background, for the most part unnavigable but I’m sure grizzled sea captains like @taylor1 and @Skywagon could pull it off without breaking a sweat : )

F7660F22-049E-45E4-B258-7935B568319E.thumb.jpeg.1e0a8854b3194b0ca0b18f3fa50fb9db.jpeg

18847480-6984-40C4-8806-4A55756269F0.thumb.jpeg.19bb7482f05646853f5de90a37c104cd.jpeg

Made it as far south as Ormond by the Sea to visit with an old high school bud before heading back north.

• Like 6

Hey, do you guys know why they call these mountains, the Blue Ridge? :dontknow:
31B9EBA2-6B59-49DB-86C1-DBBBED5B598F.thumb.jpeg.69cbbda30b2316550b59a01232161d60.jpeg

Hey guys, you wanna see my Carrera S? :whistle: Umm…yeah, we’re all set with that. :classic_rolleyes:

21D3D106-473C-4B9E-81E9-BC2904E60EA9.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Hey, do you guys know why they call these mountains, the Blue Ridge? :dontknow:
31B9EBA2-6B59-49DB-86C1-DBBBED5B598F.thumb.jpeg.69cbbda30b2316550b59a01232161d60.jpeg

Hey guys, you wanna see my Carrera S? :whistle: Umm…yeah, we’re all set with that. :classic_rolleyes:

21D3D106-473C-4B9E-81E9-BC2904E60EA9.jpeg

Hmmmm, same?  Can't tell if the shade of grey is the same?

My joke (sometimes I only get them) :classic_biggrin: was Bobby was all excited to show off his new to him Carrera S to the group of car enthusiasts. Then Paul rolls in with his $300K McLaren. :(

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

My joke (sometimes I only get them) :classic_biggrin: was Bobby was all excited to show off his new to him Carrera S to the group of car enthusiasts. Then Paul rolls in with his $300K McLaren. :(

Meh, it's just a Porsche, you see them everyday, kinda like a VW Bug, but a McLaren, not quite seen everyday.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Poor Porsche. They make some of the most pure performance and achieving sports cars, and yet they just aren't flashy enough to gain everybody's ohhs and aahs, except from those in the know.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

If money was water I’d still prefer a Porsche. :cool:

image.thumb.jpeg.b1abecb4700a8e07c03a6282b50c50bc.jpeg

Maybe Not Green but….

DBBF137B-7F6F-41D1-AD98-011CD98EC566.thumb.jpeg.c8e39ff48d3978a67752f090b16ffee6.jpeg

If money was water, I'd have an F-550 over either.:classic_biggrin:

• Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

If money was water, I'd have an F-550 over either.:classic_biggrin:

No you wouldn’t. :spittake:
image.jpeg.3ebfead394023ff09e4384d5c793ec4f.jpeg

• Haha 2