IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Got this pasture herbicide because while I was gone, dogfennel has occupied the pastures. While reading the label, I noticed what was circled.  I thought to myself, if I have that weed growing on mah property, Ima pen a new Copperhead Road song, cause “I learned a thing or two from haji dontcha know”

image.thumb.png.64482ca9e5e9bada36b60eaa1b4a21a8.png

• Haha 3

I applaud this kid for ditching the PlayStation but he’s rather bold riding this down Main Street in the middle of the day on a regular basis. Where the heck is Officer Stevens (the cop that kept us them degenerates in line when I was young).  :classic_biggrin:FE02CEA8-9EA3-4498-88AC-33B1AC7E0321.thumb.jpeg.938d58eaeacdd4ceabedc5e31413a04d.jpeg

• Like 1

This is our new rescue truck that was delivered today. It replaces an older International (that I happened to like) but, I don’t make the decisions. It’s going to carry our extraction tools, water rescue sled and a bunch of other crap. :spittake:
7B613F3F-D70A-4E6C-AED2-87D65796C4DB.thumb.jpeg.7d2db1d30c8bc32efdd68d7ef888340b.jpeg

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

This is our new rescue truck that was delivered today. It replaces an older International (that I happened to like) but, I don’t make the decisions. It’s going to carry our extraction tools, water rescue sled and a bunch of other crap. :spittake:
7B613F3F-D70A-4E6C-AED2-87D65796C4DB.thumb.jpeg.7d2db1d30c8bc32efdd68d7ef888340b.jpeg

Needs a lift kit!

• Smile 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

Needs a lift kit!

It is very “squatted” compared with the old rescue. I feel rather tall walking by it. :classic_biggrin:

edit…I should of said the equipment box is low.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

image.thumb.jpg.ce477f78090dbdb3cf1fd0dee85adcc9.jpg

Drilling holes for the new/used slide

I’d reposition it just a little bit…:dontknow: :spittake:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 3
42 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I’d reposition it just a little bit…:dontknow: :spittake:

It'll make them grandboys tough to land like that

• Haha 1

Yeah, that was kind of the angle of the wise guy comment. :) What keeps them from sticking to the slide? Wet bathing suits or do you hook a hose to it? 

5 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Drilling holes

Remember to keep the holes 8-10 fastener diameters away from other holes or edges. 

This is our new kitchen at the south station. The labor was donated by one of our talented guys who’s in that line of side work. Came out nice I think. 
image.thumb.jpeg.84dec7cc98716389697b6d83956c7cfd.jpeg

edit

My contribution was helping demo the old cabinets and, if you look closely at the bottom of the dishwasher, I added the diamond plate under it. :cool: Those white panels are going to be painted also.

• Like 6
  • Smile 1
26 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

I sure hope that's not a gas stove. :facepalm:

“Greta” would probably ball her eyes out if she ever saw what we needed to do to keep the DPF (diesel particulate filter) clean on our Engines 2 & 4. :spittake: 

2 hours ago, MT Wallet said:

OMG! Your appliances don't match. What kind of people are you?:rofl:

Practical, as proved by the diamond plate:thumbsup:

• Like 2

I think I'd get in a wee bit of trouble if I just took one of those,......but if the Tewksbury Fire Dept wanted to donate one to me, I'd much appreciate it.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

It was supposed to be a dual use vehicle between the two agencies. As you can see, our graphics guy kinda sucks compared to theirs! :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

It was supposed to be a dual use vehicle between the two agencies. As you can see, our graphics guy kinda sucks compared to theirs! :classic_biggrin:

I'd buy a UTV, but damn, even used those things are expensive.  Its not like I don't have the funds, I just don't wanna spend that much on one of those.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I dunno, it seems pretty clear!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I'd buy a UTV, but damn, even used those things are expensive.  Its not like I don't have the funds, I just don't wanna spend that much on one of those

I hear ya. I still have toy wants even at my advanced age :spittake: but I have noticed the spending ceiling is not as porous as it once was when younger. Maybe maturity? :dontknow:

John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Sometimes if ya want something, you just gotta take it!  :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.c1ab6c0fcf4f48eca2a2379f07f187a3.jpeg

If you scratch that itch, see my friends, the Hunt family, who started SuperATV for the best parts 'n pieces.  Bring both credit cards.

Harold Hunt rode a small 4wheeler and started making his own parts to upgrade the unit.  Just sold the company for nearly 1/2 bllion.

• Like 2

Didja ever notice that local municipalities have the nicest stuff?  Even newer equipment than private businesses.  :dontknow:

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
43 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I hear ya. I still have toy wants even at my advanced age :spittake: but I have noticed the spending ceiling is not as porous as it once was when younger. Maybe maturity? :dontknow:

The definition of scope creep:  Buy a UTV.  Call SuperATV and order:  Larger wheels, tires, portals (bigger tires & wheels change gear ratios), driveshaft, tie rods, windows, doors.  Buy a trailer to haul the beast.  Not uncommon to spend $30-35k before it's over.

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

27 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

The definition of scope creep:  Buy a UTV.  Call SuperATV and order:  Larger wheels, tires, portals (bigger tires & wheels change gear ratios), driveshaft, tie rods, windows, doors.  Buy a trailer to haul the beast.  Not uncommon to spend $30-35k before it's over.

This wouldn't be to play with, this is around the acreage work with.  Ain't no since modifying  that stuff if you'r just hauling rocks, mulch and manure.

Right now, we have a cheep 36v golf cart.  Just want something that's a bit more "designed" for hard work.

IMG_3027.jpeg.48b08f3a5edfbac7f2d98ad1e01122f8.jpeg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Assuming there's metal in the door, magnet sign is usually the way to go for dual agency use.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, BrianT said:

Assuming there's metal in the door, magnet sign is usually the way to go for dual agency use.

I still say it's just fine!

• Smile 1
48 minutes ago, BrianT said:

Had some magnetic decals made for my vintage 911 racecar because it was semi-street legal and wanted to stay incognito if driving on the road. Bad idea, they blew off at around 130 so just keep that in mind.

• Haha 4
  • Thinking 1

I’m going to try and talk the Chief into purchasing THIS. The cops won’t want it back then. :yes: It would make fighting bushfires fun again! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Had some magnetic decals made for my vintage 911 racecar because it was semi-street legal and wanted to stay incognito if driving on the road. Bad idea, they blew off at around 130 so just keep that in mind.

That is a Mythbusters episode waiting to be filmed.  How to get a UTV to 130 mph!

7 hours ago, BrianT said:

That is a Mythbusters episode waiting to be filmed.  How to get a UTV to 130 mph!

hayabusa motor

Not a UTV but see tuk-tuk go real fast

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, TEWKS said:

As you can see, our graphics guy kinda sucks compared to theirs!

In Houston, these rednecks would think that sign meant shoot here. 

• Haha 2

Where's OSHA when you need them.

Earlier today, I had a couple of branches that need to come down.  Both were 'bout 12-15 inches diameter.  Thought to my self, "if anything happens, it'll be on video",....well, sorta, the maple tree is in the way.

So the first branch I's at the top of my little 16ft ladder and gave it a cut, it drooped  a bit down and I was "re-adjusting" and the damn branch allowed gravity to do it's work and sorta fell on me.....with chainsaw in hand and as I was trying to down climb the ladder.  Anyway, I shouldered it down to the ground while holding the chainsaw still running and it sorta bent the very bottom of the ladder from the push of the angle (ya, ground is sloped to, so I have that to deal with too).

Next branch was higher up.  So, I put the ladder in the bucket of the tractor.

image.png.6e6004294b90817b92200015ca0e3c57.png

Nope, not high enough

image.png.bb3a1b9cf9785b6f69a61e780c12c0a7.png

Now, you can sorta see the bucket is fully lifted and what you can't see is that my little 16ft ladder is fully extended.

I'm a righty, but this branch is a lefty, so, awkward for me it was.

Alls along, I'm think "self, I'm home alone and 25+/- feet in the air with a chain saw on a wobbly ladder in the bucket of a little tractor,.....hold my root beer"

Here's me "thinking", after I lifted the bucket and put the ladder in before I climbed up with a live chainsaw "is this a go or no go,......hell, I set it all up, so it must be a go"

image.png.f4ff02b8fc9b650f3465b4b2cb8b0363.png

Anyway, I got most ways through the damn branch, and it drooped to the ground.  So here, I'm like thinking safety.  "If I keep cutting through this, it might swing and hit me, so I better think safety first", that's when I go get the chain and finish the branch Rougarou style.....just use brute force.

Little tractor got it taken care off.   Then I went and hooked the three point chipper/shredder and got some free mulch from the smaller stuff.

Wife gets home and notices I took the branches down that she wanted and asked how I did it cause she knew our ladder wasn't tall enough, I just said "you doan wanna know"

Tonight at dinner, my oldest said she was driving by and seen the ladder in the bucket with me at the top thinking to herself "what's he doing now?"

Oh and if anyone asks, those white spots in the yard are from some Tenacity that I sprayed on "bad grass", and some eagle eye will notice that the pinestraw isn't all the way finished (local shop ran out)