IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

1 hour ago, MikeB60 said:

Effin snow!  

20231006_091730.thumb.jpg.1d9ac90ea6b6443255774cfe5cd22f7e.jpg

Mike, you ain’t in Kansas anymore… :spittake: Hope something (bigger than a snowflake) didn’t fall out of the sky. 

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Mike, you ain’t in Kansas anymore… :spittake: Hope something (bigger than a snowflake) didn’t fall out of the sky. 

Fairbanks Alaska. Nothing fell from the sky but bad just the same.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

well it is alaska, what'd you expect a sandstorm:grin:

I'd almost prefer that, ok maybe not those really suck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happens everywhere but Tewksbury will soon be losing some of its history. This was Clark’s Store when I was a kid, it changed to Lenny & Maria’s years ago but it’s gonna be called…Rubble shortly. Not a real sentimental connection to the place but it has been in the neighborhood all of my life. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.f0f6a2e14f4aef4834455576c08a5458.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
Dennis Andress
1 minute ago, Hosstage said:

Don't forget to initial and date that pour...

Preferably not right in the middle!

I'm paying for this with my piece of selling my parent's place in Cut and Shoot, Texas. "Thanks Mom & Dad" would have been appropriate but, not that much.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

The next milestone is building an L shaped carport on all that concrete. 

IMG_0516.thumb.jpeg.3826d9becba5c48ae0e22d9438b76467.jpeg

Would skipping a roof & just installing solar panels be feasible?

On 10/10/2023 at 6:41 AM, TEWKS said:

Happens everywhere but Tewksbury will soon be losing some of its history. This was Clark’s Store when I was a kid, it changed to Lenny & Maria’s years ago but it’s gonna be called…Rubble shortly. Not a real sentimental connection to the place but it has been in the neighborhood all of my life. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.f0f6a2e14f4aef4834455576c08a5458.jpeg

Gone :cry:

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
38 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Would skipping a roof & just installing solar panels be feasible?

There’s solar on the house. Works great!  The local  municipality is anal about building inspections, and my garage is a converted carport, with a pedigree to match. So, a free standing carport adjacent to the garage is my plan. 

An old motto that was on all our engines when I got on the department. It seems to have fallen victim to “tradition lost”. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.8dfce323f0d1ee8f2320600f0588713d.jpeg

I need to get up there one of these days for that tour I was promised whilst it was being built.   :yes:

• Plus 1 1
Dennis Andress
49 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Some where’s around here I figure 

image.thumb.png.1edc4507295bdc187d03471543a5f551.png

Right about here

image.png.ce2ee539a4f017901d2beabd0c0e23fa.png

Looking at

image.thumb.png.3c4e1fd0f058bceb81c58919976b04ca.png

12 hours ago, Rougarou said:

This must be you

Flintstone Bad Luck Fate Schleprock Funny T Shirt

Sure seems like it sometimes. 

The weather man: No rain today, get out and enjoy the weather.

The weather man later: Well, we e had a few little cells pop up that we didn't expect.

Me: Yeah, thanks

1 minute ago, Hosstage said:

Sure seems like it sometimes. 

The weather man: No rain today, get out and enjoy the weather.

The weather man later: Well, we e had a few little cells pop up that we didn't expect.

Me: Yeah, thanks

The weatherman a few weeks ago....."next week, tues, wed, thurs, rain"

me: cut lawn low, dethach, plug the shit outta it, lay down starter fertilizer, spray tenacity, throw down nearly $300 in seeds

next week, no rain.  yards too big to keep moving the damn sprinkler around, sun prolly fried the seeds

I don't trust the weather people,......at all, and barely trust the radar  (shows no rain, but I somehow go through a spot of it)

2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

and barely trust the radar  (shows no rain, but I somehow go through a spot of it)

Yeah, what's up with that?

• Confused 1

A little late but I got to it. It kinda had a Vietnam theme going on. :spittake:

IMG_4144.jpeg

A little cleaner for the winter months, new plants in the springtime.

IMG_4145.jpeg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Red said:

Is he planted there or is it just a rememberence? 

Just a remembrance. They put them at the end of the streets where they grew up. I do find it a little funny that the neighbors (who keep their lawns very well manicured don’t take care of it). I guess they have no connection to the family. (being fairly new people on the street) I believe only one sister is left but she lives a few towns over. Told this story probably one too many times now but he, “Robert” took us neighborhood kids to the beach before going to Vietnam. That’s the only memory I have of him. And I guess that’s why I’ve become the unofficial caretaker of the monument.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.jpeg.d125a824bf9493cd8a866b65d7b3e0c4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.29a017cbc7ddae9ce50601e6c85ea0c2.jpegParamount Ranch got hit hard in the Wolsey Fire  

Coming up on the 5 yr anniversary & rebuild has begun. 

Hopefully any/all new structures will include fire suppression systems or inherent designs. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.8c47535c051c978959fe7863b206f897.jpegTop of the Snake. 
Time to refuel 

image.thumb.jpeg.83686fce0a200566da2a2bc989f29db1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.63bf8b1ed39c8fec7cf239650b41115d.jpeg

The roads closed to auto/moto but pedestrians & bikes are a if it fits, your golden 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ESokoloff said:

Victory (25 miles with 2.5k elevation gain) HAPPY meal.  image.thumb.jpeg.ffd8709a9862f464210d7264de5275ab.jpeg

Eat your heart out ya East coaster’s 

It's coming,.......I think In n out will be in Tennessee soon, and then, hopefully NC!!!!