IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Ah, hose testing, such fun. That was always a monumental task with two engines and complete spare compliments to test in the station. Almost guaranteed another shift would get a good fire in the middle of it and get the tested hose all mixed up with the untested. Lots of practice reloading the beds.

• Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1

This wasn’t right now, but last night. :spittake: My kid’s first bad car wreck with entrapment and a MedFlight. Funny, I had my first one oh, about 27 years ago in this same exact location. :classic_ohmy:
(Edit in case you didn’t know he responded to the scene as a firefighter/emt) :P

20230925_214021.jpeg

20230925_213846.jpeg

edit 2

A little more info on that extraction. As far as I can recall and I think it hasn’t changed much, most of our training on cutting roofs and rolling dashboards is done when the vehicle is upright, not upside down. This car was a rust bucket also, so when they were using the extraction tools to move metal they were pushing through the rust. That made it a more lengthy operation than desirable. (The golden hour) 🚑🚁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/25/2023 at 7:21 AM, TEWKS said:

No training necessary. Ya, right! :ohboy:

image.thumb.jpeg.947750f0ab567edc85d5cd08bdbe9bbc.jpeg

edit…halfway there. replaced a melted plastic pulley with a new and improved aluminum one.

image.thumb.jpeg.7a32d4375da0518ba304f715ed0f4c22.jpeg

Any left over hardware?

5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Funny, I had my first one oh, about 27 years ago in this same exact location. 

Wonder if the two victims were also related???? (Never know) 

25 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Any left over hardware?

One washer :ohboy: but I don’t think it’s critical. :dontknow: Not critical enough to pull the tub back out, anyway. :spittake: 

5 hours ago, RandyShields said:

I don't see any ranch.

All joking aside the valley is practically filled with nothing but equestrian farms. 

David Murdock’s     Ventura Farms is (or one of) the largest.

That top mailbox in the last two images is a replica of Kaley Cuoco’s Big Bay City spread & Tom Selick old Dean Martin’s ranch is nearby. 

It makes for a nice bicycle ride route. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, MT Wallet said:

Looks cumbersome. What happens if you need this hose for a run?:dontknow:

It was time consuming because for some reason, the trailer’s pump would only build enough pressure in one or two lines at a time. Last year we didn’t have that problem. 

We had a spare engine ready to go if we got a call. This was the southern district’s engine. The central and northern companies were unaffected.

• Like 1

Again, not right now but yesterday, the boy was assigned to E-1 for the day. He’s doing a good job! :) Ok, maybe a little off the mark with the yellow line but we’ll give it to him. :D

IMG_3998.jpeg

• Smile 3
3 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Geez Pat. At first glance I thought it was you  !

I think, I could almost twist that one into a compliment. :D

Making fertile soil with a little help from my friends…..

image.thumb.jpeg.a0efc9139aa7513ec800d09f76d5adb1.jpeg

My “Mighty Mac” chipper/shredder makes quick work of processing vegetation into bit sized morsels for the Fig Beetle grubs that grow within the pile. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4d9850b4919452c54c455285bc2220eb.jpeg
when fully grown they’re almost the size of my little finger.  

This pile is about a year old & will be done by next Spring 

image.thumb.jpeg.564b3da2feacb87b3d6fc9e242bb5c94.jpeg

I’m not concerned about harboring grubs as I don’t have figs nor stone fruits for the beetles (they only eat rotting fruit) & the grubs are happy to stay put in the piles & not bother anything else.  

I had a nice tomato patch this year (8’ tall) & I attribute some of that to the soil. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

My “Mighty Mac” chipper/shredder makes quick work of processing vegetation into bit sized morsels for the Fig Beetle grubs that grow within the pile. 

I’m not concerned about harboring grubs as I don’t have figs nor stone fruits for the beetles (they only eat rotting fruit) & the grubs are happy to stay put in the piles & not bother anything else.  

I had a nice tomato patch this year (8’ tall) & I attribute some of that to the soil. 

Pulled the four tomato vines outta the ground today.  Some of the wife's tomato's were 2lbs!!!!

• Thinking 1
37 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

wife's tomato's were 2lbs!!!!

That’s impressive!!!

What variety?

Mine are still going but slowed down considerably due to un-usually cool & cloudy (June) weather. 

image.thumb.jpeg.53f75c7305052a959ea85c7add5e9196.jpeg

They are mostly indeterminate verities so will continue to soldier on until the first frost (that’s no longer a given) so may have a special Christmas salad with a tomato or two.  

2 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Fig Beetle grubs that grow within the pile. 

When as kids we would dig looking for earthworms to bait our fish hooks we'd go saucer-eyed when those big fat grubs would show. The fish **loved** those things and were like gold to us.

11 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

We're of kindred spirit.....I'm surrounded by trees and have no grass to cut, so the leaves fall each year and are left in place to make new dirt.  The trees soak up CO2 and give off O2, and the cycle continues....."as it should be"

• Like 2
11 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

That’s impressive!!!

What variety?

Mine are still going but slowed down considerably due to un-usually cool & cloudy (June) weather. 

image.thumb.jpeg.53f75c7305052a959ea85c7add5e9196.jpeg

They are mostly indeterminate verities so will continue to soldier on until the first frost (that’s no longer a given) so may have a special Christmas salad with a tomato or two.  

Don't know the variety, wife got the seeds from one of her students, she said some German thing, but dunno.  They were still producing like crazy, but it was time for them to go.  She said she's got more tomato's than she knows what to do with.  I threw the vines and all on the manure composting pile and will turn that all in over time. 

49 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

We're of kindred spirit

Yep :thumbsup:

Been making this image.thumb.jpeg.e2d0c2d7ae8984695066ff7af3b74c9c.jpeg

Into this image.thumb.jpeg.5892fd87794cd5439812fa51bb4efafa.jpeg

for over 30 yrs but only recently discovered the benefits of the Fig Beetle grubs. 

PS, the oak in the background is about 30 yrs old & I’ve watched it grow all but it’s first two inches (discovered it as a sapling as I was pulling Spring weeds. . 

• Like 1

Sometimes you see Bob waking up, sometimes you see Bob going to sleep.  Many times either are nice to see.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

Ahhhh, the good ole power lines.  Epic.  Simply epic.  :D

Dayum, I’m on a GS, I could have hopped on them power lines and chased that sunset! :yes:  No maybe not, the great swamp is a scary place!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Here at Barber Motorsports Park for BMW Motorrad Days.  Just finished with a museum visit.

16966244409987746926489587834897.thumb.jpg.a13c883508d4d1bc1b09694e21e10d34.jpg

• Like 6