IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

55 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

3rd from right,....but who's 2nd from left?  Much better lookin

I’d really be impressed if you could pick out the two former Marines in the group. There’s one Army, one Navy also, but that’s only for extra credit. :read: 

The Marine is right behind you.   Army guy is in front of your niece and the Squid is center on your side (tall dude with red shirt)

• Like 1

Every six week whether I need it or not! :grin:

That saying goes back fifty years… When I was kid my barber said that to me. “You come in here every six weeks whether you need it or not” Funny the things that stick. :dontknow:

• Smile 1
7 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I’d really be impressed if you could pick out the two former Marines in the group. There’s one Army, one Navy also, but that’s only for extra credit. :read: 

I dunno, just swag'n it

image.thumb.png.b7983ce66444e742e9d98704001d1233.png

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
17 hours ago, Rougarou said:

O,.........C,..........D!!!!

Works for me!

There's one rule: Nothing on the floor that isn't on wheels.

6 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Works for me!

There's one rule: Nothing on the floor that isn't on wheels.

I did put my cabinets on wheels so I can roll them out the way when needed to,...cheep harbor freight dollys work just fine.   My garages get cleaned out about once a quarter, but doesn't take too long to yuck them up again,......but, I know exactly where I laid my tools when I need them again.

Dennis Andress
1 minute ago, 9Mary7 said:

I know that place, my daughter lived there during her last year of med school!!

I'm envious, that's a cool part of town.

Just now, Dennis Andress said:

I'm envious, that's a cool part of town.

She moved in right after the renovation and yeah, cool downtown.....could hear the music from the clubs/bars if she opened her window.

If you’re following along the projects we do, today was wiring up the 220v heater for the greenhouse. Tonights low is 29ish, so itll be a test run to see if it maintains 50*ish. 
IMG_3534.thumb.jpeg.b3d33eea2073c3bf7ea06f46614b70b3.jpeg

Also, the wifes GMC touch screen started ghosting. Did a bit of digging around and found it’s fairly common so I replaced that today as well. Stoopid simple to do. 

IMG_3535.thumb.jpeg.c25252f94187e57723e119ea1bc1a8d9.jpeg

• Like 1

Drove to Chelmsford for some pizza. 

Bad timing I guess, two weeks later they are still selling out of pizza! I’ll have to try a week day and see if Dave really knows pizza! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_3377.thumb.jpeg.0a5105403f8853d147c933d3116fdb12.jpeg

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

wiring up the 220v heater

220, 221…… What ever it takes:thumbsup:

PS, I’m glad the majority of the wiring is obscured least I see the truth:dopeslap:

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

220, 221…… What ever it takes:thumbsup:

PS, I’m glad the majority of the wiring is obscured least I see the truth:dopeslap:

Black line is the hose for the mister system we put in.  That's fed from an on demand pump that is fed from the gutter system rain catcher dohicky.  I'll get a snap of the pump, it's under the deck.  I still have to do an overflow for the rain barrel, but waiting to do that when I pull a retaining wall down to re-do,....as that's where the drains are all located and i'll pipe the overflow to that location.

The grey line is the 10ga for the heater.  There's a sub-panel just below the deck for the pool.  While the sub panel is fed from the sub panel in the basement, it'll be overloaded if all breakers are operating at their capacity.  The pool pump is a 220v 20amp and I put this 220v 30amp breaker in there with it, with the caveat that neither breaker should be on at the same time.  I also have a 30amp and two 20amp breakers in that box.  I think the breaker that feeds this sub panel is only 40amp, but looks like it is 8 or 6ga wiring that was run by the pool guy when he put it in.   Oh, and my wiring is not in conduit under the deck.  I ran two circuits (standard outlets and the 220v) for the greenhouse and didn't bother with conduit.

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Black line is the hose for the mister system we put in.  That's fed from an on demand pump that is fed from the gutter system rain catcher dohicky.  I'll get a snap of the pump, it's under the deck.  I still have to do an overflow for the rain barrel, but waiting to do that when I pull a retaining wall down to re-do,....as that's where the drains are all located and i'll pipe the overflow to that location.

The grey line is the 10ga for the heater.  There's a sub-panel just below the deck for the pool.  While the sub panel is fed from the sub panel in the basement, it'll be overloaded if all breakers are operating at their capacity.  The pool pump is a 220v 20amp and I put this 220v 30amp breaker in there with it, with the caveat that neither breaker should be on at the same time.  I also have a 30amp and two 20amp breakers in that box.  I think the breaker that feeds this sub panel is only 40amp, but looks like it is 8 or 6ga wiring that was run by the pool guy when he put it in.   Oh, and my wiring is not in conduit under the deck.  I ran two circuits (standard outlets and the 220v) for the greenhouse and didn't bother with conduit.

Dennis Andress

When this guy from South West Gas called to say they want to replace my gas line I laughed at him. He’s getting even….

IMG_0884.thumb.jpeg.3ba0c5bca23939d7175cf3a25605f925.jpeg

IMG_0885.thumb.jpeg.6565f759b539d909555ece7de64195a7.jpeg

• Sad 1
Dennis Andress

I texted to top picture to a friend, he replied

“Them boys are working hard at not giving a shit about you!”

• Smile 1

They often don’t. I told the sewage story I think. The town went to sewage and they connected pipes to the next street by going right through my side yard. :classic_ohmy: 

edit

they actually gave a shit that time :D

Rougarou

So, with the heater thermostat image.thumb.jpg.69ae12d4c3287507c34375b9e2e04846.jpg

the temperature couldn’t be regulated and consistent 

So, in comes a baseboard thermostat 

image.thumb.jpg.688048368cc15ac15824e3daaed984b1.jpg

lets see how this does

Also had a small hiccup whereas I tightened down a wee bit too hard

image.thumb.jpg.9770e2bdecb67cc9e59cee553538977a.jpg

pulled the line, snipped the cut area, and put back in

Working wit lectricty is 🤩 

Rougarou

So, on the way home from errands this morning I see these guys chewing trees. I whip around and ask if they need a place to dump. They tell me they generally bring it to a mulch processing place and dump there. For free I says, yep was the reply. I gave my address and gots me a truckload. Told them at least one more and prolly a third 

IMG_3545.thumb.jpeg.a93a418b373688f6b853f29ee7cd2224.jpeg

10 hours ago, Red said:

OMG.  What jurisdiction is this?

I don't know if he's in LA City or County......but they'd both be pissed!:rofl:

New fuel pump on the K bike.  Runs much better with 65 PSI of fuel pressure vs 13 PSI.

20240106_095603.thumb.jpg.99ce114ef7895bde2f2d37c74d357565.jpg

• Like 3

Golly Mike,  that may be able to produce more HP in case you feel a need........for speed.   :revit:

6 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Golly Mike,  that may be able to produce more HP in case you feel a need........for speed.   :revit:

Nah never over 3000 RPM for me....

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, MikeB60 said:

Nah never over 3000 RPM for me....

If I remember correctly, 3000 RPMs was about all you really needed on the 1600. :spittake:

• Smile 1
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

If I remember correctly, 3000 RPMs was about all you really needed on the 1600. :spittake:

Almost!

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
ESokoloff
10 hours ago, Red said:

OMG.  What jurisdiction is this?

33’s Lake Sherwood, Ventura Co

image.thumb.jpeg.587b0ccae0382eab40eb7edbda16252b.jpeg

It’s a nice touch for them to offer water to thirsty riders and I’m sure it gotten a lot of use over the decades. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6489cae2506d76af6082be11d6dc9ee8.jpeg

They also have a nice tire pump station that has come in handy a time or two. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ac94806dba1dc60a225615c85be5a43d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c457e07103e1070a2830ba0b19c65dc8.jpeg

In a past era, Lake Sherwood was used as filming location for many TV shows & movies including Robin Hood 

Lake Sherwood was named from being the location for Sherwood Forest in the 1922 film, Robin Hood

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Sherwood,_California

ESokoloff
21 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Working wit lectricty is 🤩 

Hurtz don’t it? 

Rougarou
Just now, ESokoloff said:

Hurtz don’t it? 

Nope, not been popped before, but have had some tingles,......now, that damn electric fence, it's what gets me.

I park the blue truck next to the barn, generally with the utility trailer attached.  A few weeks ago, I go out to blue truck and put my hand on the bed and get zapped, I'm like WTF!!!!, open the hood as I keep it on the tender and disconnect the tender.  Get zapped with the tender disconnected,....ugh.  Then, I realize, I backed up a wee bit too far and the utility trailer is touching the electric fence.

I also get zapped a bit when cutting the grass as I mow right along the fenceline.

But home power, so far, haven't had a shocker yet,.....a tingle, but nothing that made me go "damn!!!!".

ESokoloff

Capacitors store electrons & can release them at miss-appropriate times like when you’ve turned all the power off to an AC unit & are up to your armpits changing a bad condenser fan motor……

ZAP!!!!!!