IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Rougarou
34 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Capacitors store electrons & can release them at miss-appropriate times like when you’ve turned all the power off to an AC unit & are up to your armpits changing a bad condenser fan motor……

ZAP!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Yeah, capacitors are not to be messed with.

Ya, found out a couple of decades ago about those guys when I had a few hundred watts of stereo in my vehicle to keep the lights from flickering when playing a bit loud, as well as diddling with a microwave oven that didn’t want to do what it was designed to do. 

So, I guess I did get a zap before.   Now if I need to mess with a capacitor, I start it like a bad solenoid, screwdriver across the terminals

• Smile 1
RandyShields
18 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Now if I need to mess with a capacitor, I start it like a bad solenoid, screwdriver across the terminals

But you have to be extra careful when dealing with a flux capacitor.

20 hours ago, Rougarou said:

as well as diddling with a microwave oven that didn’t want to do what it was designed to do. 

One of our fairly new retirees almost didn’t get to retire because of that. He’s an electrician by trade and he learned about Wood etching with electricity . He made an etching machine using the internals of a microwave.

Anyway the clamps weren’t insulated enough (or something went wrong) I don’t exactly remember but he was trying it out at the station and he got lit up. Luckily he was smart enough to have someone watching. The other guy thought he was messing with him when he was getting shocked. 

He finally realized it wasn’t a joke and killed the power. The “electrician” ended up in the hospital for a few days with Jesus palms. It blew holes in each of his hands. 
Oh, right now, first measurable snow this season.

IMG_4575.thumb.jpeg.e50c232a8ba073cdbf8f155a3ac78b22.jpeg

• Smile 1
Rougarou

When I'm 'bout to do some hotwiring something, I tell the wife, "have a wooden broomstick handy, this might be exciting"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

One of our fairly new retirees almost didn’t get to retire because of that. He’s an electrician by trade and he learned about Wood etching with electricity . He made an etching machine using the internals of a microwave.

Anyway the clamps weren’t insulated enough (or something went wrong) I don’t exactly remember but he was trying it out at the station and he got lit up. Luckily he was smart enough to have someone watching. The other guy thought he was messing with him when he was getting shocked. 

He finally realized it wasn’t a joke and killed the power. The “electrician” ended up in the hospital for a few days with Jesus palms. It blew holes in each of his hands. 
Oh, right now, first measurable snow this season.

IMG_4575.thumb.jpeg.e50c232a8ba073cdbf8f155a3ac78b22.jpeg

It known as fractal burning. The topic comes up periodically on the woodworking sites I watch. Seems quite a few individuals have retired themselves from the planet attempting it. There are more ways to do it wrong than right and the consequences of an error are serious. 

• Like 1
ESokoloff

When I was a kid I thought up an easy way to harvest earthworms. 
I took an old extension cord & attached long thin spikes to the ends. I drove these into the ground a foot or so apart & plugged it in. 
It worked well & I managed to live to tell my tale. 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

I should have waited, now I’ll have to go clean the driveway again. Not so bad with the ATV plow setup. But it’s not as good as Bob and his Bobcat! :thumbsup:

IMG_4576.thumb.jpeg.ece08ad29815db90f7dad3eac610703b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

Wow!   I remember 47 years ago, some significant flurries fell in and around Rutland.   I was a kid, so we did not have to go to school and it also meant more sledding.   Yeehaw!

• Like 1
Rougarou

Still funny, and if'n you from da south, it's for true.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

First storm of the season you have to stay away from the markets, people panic year after year. :ohboy: And they forget how to drive. :P

• Smile 1
roadscholar
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

First storm of the season you have to stay away from the markets, people panic year after year. :ohboy: And they forget how to drive. :P

that happens every time there's a hurricane brewing within a couple thousand miles of florida.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
ESokoloff

While you back Eastern boys where digging out, I tried out my new toy image.thumb.jpeg.e3cc237865b217e852ab86540776a16e.jpeg

and then got the trimmings ready to make some new dirt in about 1.25 yrs from now.  image.thumb.jpeg.d5c1680d479783c5382fafc1dd317c41.jpeg

• Like 2
ESokoloff
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

That finger clipper looks dangerous!

What could possibly go wrong?

image.thumb.jpeg.297cfaffef08f8eff87e1ede50b4d739.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

Here’s a quick vid. Yup, the snow is starting to suck but it’s still nice to look at I guess. The picture was last night, all night matter of fact. Got to work with my kid. :thumbsup: 32 emergency calls in 24 hours. :P

IMG_4579.thumb.jpeg.45cd78f012a062760317b881f2af95ab.jpeg

• Like 1
ESokoloff

Bring it back to the Californian  mountains it missed on its way to the East. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ESokoloff said:

Bring it back to the Californian  mountains it missed on its way to the East. 

I think we’ll have to catch you on the next go around. :spittake:

12 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

What could possibly go wrong?

image.thumb.jpeg.297cfaffef08f8eff87e1ede50b4d739.jpeg

I know a guy that really is missing part of his right hand ring finger from a farming accident. When he shakes hands he flutters the stub and tickles your palm 😲

ESokoloff

Fortunately I was just kidding around & still have all my digits (albeit with plenty of injuries along the way). 

Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

That looks a bit fun

I would want more than a ladder…

IMG_0935.thumb.jpeg.64509146f5f53b762dd8bde83a904851.jpeg

Dennis Andress

He did. Climbed like he’s done it all his life. Doesn’t speak English….

Warm enough to hang out and watch the sun go down tonight.

IMG_0062.thumb.jpeg.f969b7e19701c3f1744da62bf4b242cc.jpeg

• Like 5

So, the wife signed up for chipdrop some time ago.  This service is free and if any tree trimmers are in the area looking to dump their shredded trees, you can sign up to get a load dumped in you driveway.  Well, last week, they dumped a load in the driveway.  Looks to be all cedar.  Anyway, I needed to get this off the driveway to a better location, so this morning was the day.  Started around 0900ish,.....'twas only 20* out.

image.thumb.png.6a1793090e76b538bd2b85ad633b25cf.png

Getting it to the back

image.png.8c78ad232243499fd43715f45b461665.png

That red arrow,.....well, with chipdrop, you can't plan a delivery, they just drop when a participating company cuts the trees, hence the stuff on my driveway.  With that pile at the red arrow, 'bout two weeks ago, I noticed Asplundh whacking some trees for Duke Energy up the road,....I whip around and ask where they dump.  They tell me at a local mulch processing facility but if I wanted a load or two, they'd be happy to drop some my way.  Hell ya, a free load of chipped up trees, I'm game.  So, I give them the address and they said they'd be by later that day.  They showed up, and I directed them to the back driveway  and they put it right where I wanted. 

Now, I have two full loads of free mulch that I gotta churn ever other week or so to get it burning in good.

IMG_3544.thumb.jpeg.898aad292d0b8786720acdbb55c5a299.jpeg

image.thumb.png.0b81a2cad93fd11d0e20dbb9580bb498.png

• Like 1
ESokoloff

Just spotted my first Tesla Cybertruck or at least my first Cybertruck cover :grin:

image.thumb.jpeg.e974e05c5e1c3c6a72e32a12a36de150.jpeg

• Like 1

I honestly believe EVs have their place. This dude has it figured out! :yes:

• Smile 1
On 1/7/2024 at 3:18 PM, TEWKS said:

I should have waited, now I’ll have to go clean the driveway again. Not so bad with the ATV plow setup. But it’s not as good as Bob and his Bobcat! :thumbsup:

IMG_4576.thumb.jpeg.ece08ad29815db90f7dad3eac610703b.jpeg

New snow is pretty......the first day!  

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2

Wifey and I came to Raleigh for a long weekend to get a little culture. I was shocked to see a good ole southern statue still standing

6488DE9D-8948-47F2-B0BB-A85610CB7CD4.jpeg

• Like 4

There should be a five year mandatory prison sentence for defacing any historical monument in this country. :old: And I’ll just put on the binders at that! :D

About 4:00 this morning. I wasn’t there so I don’t have the specifics but it was a birthday party rental place (bouncy houses) and things like that.

My son and his Lt had to exit a window after running low on air. That’s the kinda call where you earn your money in firefighting

IYKWIM. No harm no foul, :4315: the experience gained is valuable. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5fbfc687310381918016bc4884a9bb29.jpeg

Screenshot2024-01-24at10_15_56AM.jpeg.b66f85e548b719c9031a449733518196.jpeg

There should be an adequate supply of air in a bouncy house.   Just sayin'

:burnout:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1