IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

I did have the thought of using it, or the ladder truck for a fundraiser car wash. Have it rain down on the parking lot and get some of the newer “in shape” guys out there with a bucket of soap. :thumbsup:

Kinda like Lucille but in reverse! :rofl:

image.jpeg.c02a722d593bc69750c8e4a844d0d254.jpeg

• Smile 1
  • Thinking 1
Rougarou
On 3/14/2024 at 7:59 AM, Skywagon said:

You could use that to wash @Rougarou GS’s wheels. It might take a while😁

IMG_3613.thumb.jpeg.d2bbc8f5ceaec4ff10a38f33f41f354f.jpegIMG_3612.thumb.jpeg.24f069f77b8b8e407439594913674520.jpeg

And I have a guest(not mine, daughters boyfriend). He keeps it clean:classic_blink:, for whatever weird reason

IMG_3614.thumb.jpeg.d5c82f1b20baf846f86fd67e6d3514d2.jpeg

• Like 3
Rougarou
25 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Those Aprilla's go faster when they're clean :eek:

well, it musta been the rider cause he was in the rearview(barely) a couple of sundays ago. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

well, it musta been the rider cause he was in the rearview(barely) a couple of sundays ago. 

Daughter’s newer boyfriend? He’s not going to show up the new potential dad in law on the first outing! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Hosstage
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Daughter’s newer boyfriend? He’s not going to show up the new potential dad in law on the first outing! :classic_biggrin:

Yup, just biding his time until he can wheelie past you at 80 mph!

• Haha 2
Rougarou
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

33 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Yup, just biding his time until he can wheelie past you at 80 mph!

he brought his buddy from work that also has the same bike albeit different color scheme. They bought them at the sane time. Both were behind me. 

But, I kinda think they be new riders cause they queried me on the riders course. I told them to take it. And Id dig out my copy of Code’s twist of the wrist to pass along. 

• Like 3
John Ranalletta

Horses in the hood.  Clydesdales in for a local restaurant promo. Massive and beautiful. 

IMG_0721.jpeg

IMG_0720.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

• Like 4
John Ranalletta

We always had chickens when I was a kid.  Eggs a plenty and soup from spent hens.  It was common for mom to use ALL of the chicken in her broth, necks, feet, etc.  Today, we buy bags of chicken parts at WalMart for soup, but, today, for the first time, the parts included chicken feet.  Likely, some folks would throw them away (or throw up).  Not us!  If you're eating soup at our place, now you know.

When I worked in Shanghai, one of the items on the lazy susan was that little ball in the "palm" of the foot.  Kinda' like chewing on a rubber ball.  No bueno. 

image.thumb.png.1ce074feb402bd40a83158805f74884d.png

• Thinking 1
John Ranalletta
10 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Waste not  want not

Raising a family during the Great Depression as many of our folks did makes a difference. 

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 3/21/2024 at 3:22 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Horses in the hood.  Clydesdales in for a local restaurant promo. Massive and beautiful. 

About ten years ago Masako and I were driving from Rockford IL to Madison WI.  About halfway there, we decided to get of of I-90 and take rural roads the rest of the way.  At some point after that, we came across a farm with a corral holding at least a dozen Clydesdales.  Had to stop and just stare at them for a while.  Guessing they breed/raise them to sell to the Amish or something...

• Like 2
John Ranalletta
7 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

About ten years ago Masako and I were driving from Rockford IL to Madison WI.  About halfway there, we decided to get of of I-90 and take rural roads the rest of the way.  At some point after that, we came across a farm with a corral holding at least a dozen Clydesdales.  Had to stop and just stare at them for a while.  Guessing they breed/raise them to sell to the Amish or something...

My first job out of college (1970) was with a logging, lumber, furniture co. in Wausau, WI.  We had sawmills in small towns in upper WI and the UP.  Most loggers used diesel skidders, but there were a few using teams of Belgians.

• Like 2

Out for my run today I came across this at a hotel.  From the stickers on the back it looks like he/she gets around.  I do like that he/she installed a GS tail light on the sidecar to match.  Note the car tire on the rear to match the sidecar, but a Dunlop Trail Max MIssion for a spare.

IMG_3994.thumb.jpg.c1f28e1ffc8f9923ecc4ff2a3644b282.jpg

IMG_3995.thumb.jpg.8d6c49e0cf8f88454153dc68c759a10f.jpg

• Like 6
BamaJohn

Easter Sunrise from the back porch of The Treehouse......life is good!

IMG_7810.JPG

• Like 10
Joe Frickin' Friday

Out for a walk today on U of M north campus.  As we were coming home after our walk, we saw a flock of wild turkeys, about fifteen of them.  We parked at the edge of a parking lot to watch them, and then just about the time we were ready to leave, they got pretty close to our car.  When we started to roll forward, a couple of them very deliberately moved in front of us, and we had to stop.  Honk the horn?  Gobble-gobble-gobble, but they wouldn't move.  lather, rinse, repeat.  Do nothing and wait?  They started pecking my car.  Right on the sheet metal - you could hear it with the windows closed, and almost feel it in your seat, like tiny ball peen hammers.  I tried rolling backwards, and they came up the side of my car, seemingly to try to get behind us.  I tried opening my door to get out and shoo them away, but they came toward the door.  We took a few pics, and then stepped on the gas to scoot out of there before they could get in front of us again.  No obvious damage to the car after we got home, had some good laughs. 

PXL_20240406_204758918.thumb.jpg.5cb215358014d23db62e6449b512605d.jpg

PXL_20240406_204801117.thumb.jpg.fe752b00e6674a032457447cc8fb6ecf.jpg

PXL_20240406_204820411.thumb.jpg.ca29dfd131e592980bcbd6f84621004b.jpg

PXL_20240406_204756956.thumb.jpg.d49da2adfdc41f657944a303f610613a.jpg
  • Smile 2
2 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

They started pecking my car

They were attacking their reflections. Stooooopid birds. They WILL move if you continue to roll forward into them.

Skywagon

They will also drown in the rain looking up. Stooopid is correct. 

22 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Stooooopid birds

11 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Stooooopid birds. They WILL move if you continue to roll forward into them.

And people :read: It’s all in the “bump” then a quick brake. :spittake:

• Like 4
RandyShields
15 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

They were attacking their reflections.

A while back, I noticed some folks here covering up their automobile side mirrors with plastic grocery store bags when they parked in locations with lots of trees and bushes.  At first, I thought it was because there was a problem with the mirror or housing, but when I got around to asking somebody about the practice, I was told it was because certain birds will see their reflections and attack the mirrors, scratching them up.

Hosstage

I have a video of a turkey attacking a car and doing some major damage. I wont post it here, as it does not end well for the turkey. But the end is justified...

Never too late to leaRn! :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.8b6010ac0c6bc301a4e413e7930a3a70.jpeg

Edit  Thanks Mods. 

pesky R :classic_biggrin:

wbw6cos

Hey Pat, I know how you can lean on a motorcyle, but how in the heck do you lean the E2?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

Blinded by looking up at the eclipse. :cool:  Maybe we can get a Mod to shuffle this R in where it supposed to go. :dontknow: :spittake:

• Haha 1
taylor1

We had 100% of the eclipse here back in 2017. Mountain Dew was handing out glasses with each 6 pack, so the wife bought 2. She stashed the glasses when it was over and broke them out for this one. After watching it for a bit, she read the side of the glasses and it said to discard after 3 years. Seems all is good except for all of these polka dots on the walls. :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 5

This mornings setup for my transition area to do the Race On The Base "sprint" distance reverse triathlon at JFTB Los Alamitos.  They haven't held this event since Covid so it was nice to be on the base again after a 4 year hiatus.

Tri.thumb.jpg.5a17a6ab68bab530d8742df87281ff7d.jpg

The previous pic with the Cobra helicopter I took during race bib pickup yesterday.  This is the other helicopter they have on display in front of HQ.  California Guard haven't flown these things in a loooong time.  But still cool. 

Helo2.thumb.jpg.5af863e63093b637db0e874feb9395e2.jpg

• Like 6

Some fun at the firehouse today. Working on a video to unintentionally bore you :whistle: but she ain’t uploading to the tube. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.f5f450754e8ad7a526e60ee7e7613ca0.jpeg

IMG_4962.jpeg

• Like 3
MikeB60
On 4/12/2024 at 9:20 PM, BrianT said:

IMG_4093.thumb.jpeg.803645ae585a09a5c3624e52d3c1efd0.jpeg

No longer in service, but still cool to look at up close. 

When I was stationed in Germany we would shoot a combined arms live fire with the Cobras. Don't think the pilots much cared about hitting the targets with their mini guns the seemed to be focused on dropping the spent brass into our turrets! Bastards!  The Marines still use a variation of the Cobra with twin engines.  Cool little beast!

• Haha 1
MikeB60
24 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Some fun at the firehouse today. Working on a video to unintentionally bore you :whistle: but she ain’t uploading to the tube. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.f5f450754e8ad7a526e60ee7e7613ca0.jpeg

IMG_4962.jpeg

Love the fall protection speaks to my inner safety geek!

• Like 1

Went through that same training way back. Good skills and knowledge that you hope you never need to use.

• Like 1

Warning! Six minutes you can’t get back. :spittake: PS…I wasn’t just the producer, cameraman & key grip. (whatever that is) :dontknow: I had to participate in all these reindeer games. :P

• Like 2
wbw6cos

What did they put in the feed bags?   (asking for a friend)

Was that ADS drainage pipe 24" diameter?   

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

What did they put in the feed bags?   (asking for a friend)

Was that ADS drainage pipe 24" diameter?   

I didn’t take out the tape but when I came upon it (I missed the cheat about taking your air pack off your back) and promptly got wedged about two feet in! :classic_ohmy: No they didn’t have to pull me out by my legs :rofl: but it was tight enough to be a little uncomfortable. 

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
Hank in WV
22 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

When I was stationed in Germany we would shoot a combined arms live fire with the Cobras. Don't think the pilots much cared about hitting the targets with their mini guns the seemed to be focused on dropping the spent brass into our turrets! Bastards!  The Marines still use a variation of the Cobra with twin engines.  Cool little beast!

They didn't have all that flat glass when I was in...

Rougarou
On 4/16/2024 at 9:05 PM, MikeB60 said:

Friday afternoon, I'm sitting on the porch and I hear the deep-deep thwaump-thwaumps.  I thought "gee, that doesn't sound like the normal medivac helicopter that does it's twice a day flights over the house, that sounds like a cobra",........So, I walk out of the porch to have a gooder look at the skies above and from the SE, arriving over the horizon, a beautiful formation of four Cobras. 

My wife always says, when a helicopter comes flying, I can hear those before anyone else.   It's rare to have mil-air fly over us but I have seen CH-53's, Huey's and Osprey's.  Ft Bragg is over two hours away and Camp LeJeune is over four hours away, so dunno where they be heading.

• Like 2
Skywagon

They are just checking to see where to land at your house; just in case they might need you again😁

• Smile 1
MikeB60
3 hours ago, Rougarou said:

My wife always says, when a helicopter comes flying, I can hear those before anyone else.

Hot chow!

Hosstage

Every now and then a military aircraft or helo will fly over, sometimes in formation. They definitely have a different sound. Got to go look, how can I not?

Rougarou
3 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Hot chow!

Ride instead of walk ;)

1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

They definitely have a different sound. Got to go look, how can I not?

image.gif.9b62645c67b0faa8cf098d4c8e42523c.gif

• Smile 2
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

Cute baby Lobstahs! :18:

Hahaha, bruh, not even close.

Got the wife this for her birthday

image.thumb.jpeg.08e89a18a803f93403c1946114229889.jpeg

• Like 1