IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

John Ranalletta

Holy shite!  One forgets. Wish I had them all back.

image.png.edbdc62ed9bda579bbbf34637c13e518.png

The one I missed most.  After 2 years of finding/getting starter parts from 3 different countries, I demonstrated the starter for the buyer in NSW/Australia.  The GT was one of only 300 electric start GTs made.  Most owners extracted the innards to save weight because it kick-started so easily.

https://youtu.be/tBuOjj62W4A

• Like 3
John Ranalletta
6 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

You've been busy!

There are a few more that aren't on the list like one 2nd favorite, the 2022 1150GS.  The 2015 GS is missing as well.

John Ranalletta
On 2/27/2024 at 12:37 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Speaking of Brooks Burgers, Naples.  Nephew texted, "We're going to Naples.  Pick you up Indy Regional Airport, 4:30p, Friday.  Have you back next Friday morning."

I know he doesn't have a pilot's license.  I'm thinking he bought a fractional share of a jet.  Woohoo!

Our ride to Naples & return is a Nextant 400Ti.  Haven't flown in a small jet since early 80s when my employer had two NA Sabreliners and Beech Kingair twin.  Excited.

• Like 4

I've owned 5 bikes in 35 years, still have two, and one was bought from a passed family member to give to his son as a surprise a year later, so that one doesn't really count. So really 4 in 35 years.

Even my cars stick around until they rot into the ground. 

• Like 1
RandyShields
8 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

There are a few more that aren't on the list like one 2nd favorite, the 2022 1150GS. 

I think you might mean 2002?

• Thanks 1
Indy Dave
21 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Our ride to Naples & return is a Nextant 400Ti.  Haven't flown in a small jet since early 80s when my employer had two NA Sabreliners and Beech Kingair twin.  Excited.

On 2/28/2024 at 12:51 PM, Indy Dave said:

I forgot you were an ELITIST!  :rofl:

On 2/28/2024 at 12:55 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Only in emergencies.

:wave:

John Ranalletta
1 minute ago, Indy Dave said:

:wave:

This is an emergency. There's a grouper shortage on Marco.  Got to get there before it's all gone.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
John Ranalletta

In last two days, 3 vendors have increased or initiated credit card and/or electronic check processing fees.  No escaping it I guess.:mad:

1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

In last two days, 3 vendors have increased or initiated credit card and/or electronic check processing fees.  No escaping it I guess.:mad:

Funny the more I travel across the country the more I see restaurants and shops offering "discount for cash".  Heck one restaurant said 10% discount for cash!  Heck yeah sign me up! 

Indy Dave
24 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Funny the more I travel across the country the more I see restaurants and shops offering "discount for cash".  Heck one restaurant said 10% discount for cash!  Heck yeah sign me up! 

And yet...

The Circle K nearby has their discount for those who register their debit card. Cash and CC pay more. We've all seen signs at random places that charge more for credit cards, but that cash isn't king? Crazy!

1 minute ago, Indy Dave said:

And yet...

The Circle K nearby has their discount for those who register their debit card. Cash and CC pay more. We've all seen signs at random places that charge more for credit cards, but that cash isn't king? Crazy!

Funny you mention Circle K .... we just returned from Arizona and found that there was a Circle K on almost every corner! 

In Charlotte the Publix grocery stores frequently (once or twice a month) offer $50 gas cards for $40 for every $50 spent on groceries.  That's a 20% gas discount and you can buy ANY gas cards they sell (BP, Exxon/Mobil, Shell, QT, Speedway, Race Track, Marathon, etc) as a result we stock up on these cards and use them on our road trips.  What I find is when using these PREPAID cards some stations give me the cash price while other pumps default to the credit price!   I think this is just wrong since I don't believe the station is charged a credit card fee and since some default to cash price.   Very frustrating.  Oh ... and try and explain this wrong doing to the clerk inside :4317:

John Ranalletta
5 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

"Sir, this is a Circle K."

Circle K was a client since the Bigfoot days when Bigfoot was owned by a Columbus, IN family/client and purchased by CK's Canadian parent.  I have strong opinions about their stores.

John Ranalletta
10 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

:lurk:

Not even a thumbs up or thumbs down?

"If you can't say anything nice...."; however, I've used squat toilets in Europe (small room with a hole in the center of the floor) that were cleaner.  

Circle K was a client since the Bigfoot days when Bigfoot was owned by a Columbus, IN family/client and purchased by CK's Canadian parent.  I have strong opinions about their stores.

Canadian owned ???  What??   First our beer and now our gas.  The least they could do is offer Timmy's donuts on the stores. 

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta
34 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Canadian owned ???  What??   First our beer and now our gas.  The least they could do is offer Timmy's donuts on the stores. 

Alimentation Couche-Tard

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Alimentation Couche-Tard

Interesting....learn something every day :thumbsup:

The company operates its corporate stores mainly under the Couche-Tard, Circle K, and On the Run brands but also under the affiliated brands Mac's Convenience Stores, go! (Go Store), 7-jours, Dairy/Daisy Mart, Becker's and Winks.

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
On 2/29/2024 at 11:43 AM, John Ranalletta said:

IMG_0630.jpeg

• Like 3
John Ranalletta
5 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

IMG_0630.jpeg

We're very fortunate to have a nephew, my sister's youngest son, my namesake and God son who has prospered and generously shares with family and friends.  This trip is a rarity and we are grateful  

• Like 5
John Ranalletta
On 3/2/2024 at 8:38 AM, John Ranalletta said:

We're very fortunate to have a nephew, my sister's youngest son, my namesake and God son who has prospered and generously shares with family and friends.  This trip is a rarity and we are grateful  

Marco Island: "If you think you're rich, you're not.  If you think you're old, you're not."

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
52 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Marco Island: "If you think you're rich, you're not.  If you think you're old, you're not."

IMG_1458.thumb.jpeg.998dda296b039e6bbd6f7ef27d4b3007.jpeg

• Plus 1 1
  • Thinking 1

^ this guy…Motorcycles, Cars, an occasional airplane. You guys are lightweights! :read: :rofl:   

John Ranalletta
2 hours ago, RTinNC said:

IMG_1458.thumb.jpeg.998dda296b039e6bbd6f7ef27d4b3007.jpeg

lots of old guys down here with their nieces. 

• Smile 2
4 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

lots of old guys down here with their nieces. 

Too funny .... back when I was working in NJ before my bank got bought and sent me to Charlotte I worked for a great guy who's specialty was managing pension funds for multi-employer plans (i.e. Labor Unions)   Working  with unions in NJ was truly a different world .... think The Sopranos !    Every so ofter we'd get some tickets for the suite at Giants Stadium and we'd invite a few of the larger union accounts.  We ALWAYS had to tell them "we're giving you 4 tickets to the suite but NO NIECES !! "  

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Go big or go home.  Walking through the machine shop this morning, I spotted this 2.5" drill bit:

PXL_20240305_144016940.thumb.jpg.538179ae505bcff0f8539a72e285a16a.jpg

• Like 3
John Ranalletta
25 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Good lord I’d hate to see the drill 

Likely only useful in the tail stock of a pretty big metal lathe.

Joe Frickin' Friday
12 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Likely only useful in the tail stock of a pretty big metal lathe.

We used to have a gigantic drill press that that bit would have fit in, but we excessed it years ago.  These days, yes, it finds occasional use in our big lathe.  Not sure how big, but my recollection is that it's maybe twenty feet long and has a swing of maybe a couple feet.

John Ranalletta

Fresh snook.  So long, NaplesIMG_0659.thumb.jpeg.6825db0f00b275236c24550b3e62de79.jpeg

The other 1%

image.thumb.jpeg.32ab92c3be1a14f2e1b230ca40038467.jpeg

• Like 1
John Ranalletta

The other 1%

image.thumb.jpeg.32ab92c3be1a14f2e1b230ca40038467.jpeg

Boats gathering at sunset. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2a499fb6578f3c849be718008322d746.jpeg

• Like 2
Skywagon

Short ride… a little lunch in Galveston today. Fish, schemps, hush puppies, coleslaw, grilled taters

065A418F-1FAD-4E49-BB8D-4D11D7C4F446.jpeg

• Like 4
Joe Frickin' Friday

This is magical...

He's pretty good.  Here's another of his performances:

Years ago I saw a video featuring a bunch of people performing on a rotating stage, and it had a lot of intricate interactions between the performers.  Can't find it right now.  Best I can do is this longer version of what you posted:

Meanwhile...me?  Right now?  Busy polishing routes for DART 2024:

image.thumb.png.d333f600756e7c9e263e2e0a3ae5552e.png

New computer and updated map set.  Recalculating the routes has required me to add a lot of new shaping points to get the routes to adhere to my original intent.  I haven't even factored in this season's road construction, but things aren't too bad this year, just a couple of road closures to work around.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Meanwhile...me?  Right now?  Busy polishing routes for DART 2024:

image.thumb.png.d333f600756e7c9e263e2e0a3ae5552e.png

New computer and updated map set.  Recalculating the routes has required me to add a lot of new shaping points to get the routes to adhere to my original intent.  I haven't even factored in this season's road construction, but things aren't too bad this year, just a couple of road closures to work around.  

I see a lot of opportunities for "Garmin turns" on that map.......:yes:

6 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Deck gun training.

image.thumb.jpeg.c9003dba6d8fa74f3d75217bda1b5b46.jpeg

Aim it at the target and shoot???

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Ron-M said:

Aim it at the target and shoot???

I like the old Tommy Gun training, "Aim for the knees and squeeze."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you look out in the parking lot, that white car was parked a lot closer when we started flowing water. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hank in WV said:

How far out will that reach?

I should know exactly but I don’t. I’m guessing about a hundred and fifty feet. It’s used when you’ve lost the structure which with three stations doesn’t happen all that often. :thumbsup:

This was a good one to use it on. After digging out a hydrant once found! :dopeslap:

image.thumb.jpeg.59f42dc139b0966471b02cd408bde672.jpeg

IMG_4800.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
Hosstage
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This was a good one to use it on. After digging out a hydrant once found! 

I always keep the hydrant near the house cleared of snow in winter. Every second counts when fire is involved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1