IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

2 hours ago, Hosstage said:

That is sweet!

thanks bud, you should ride in it.. probably won't happen tho, doubt i can get in and out of it anymore : )  like a stock car you have to climb thru the window.

7 hours ago, roadscholar said:

thanks bud, you should ride in it.. probably won't happen tho, doubt i can get in and out of it anymore : )  like a stock car you have to climb thru the window.

Funny you say that, I was going to ask if I could drive it!

• Like 1

FINALLY cleaned out the garage today to make room so I can tear the RT apart for maintenance and be ready for Start. :clap:   Had enough of that, so I took about a 3 hr ride down the coast on the airhead.

E87A4EE9-0905-487C-9489-734554BDEAF6.jpeg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

I can tear the RT apart for maintenance and be ready for Start

Figured you’d be a GS rider by then. ;) Got a good route mapped out for the area! It’s so good in fact, one section isn’t even on MapSource or Basecamp! :classic_ohmy:

6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Actually wasn’t the driver’s fault, low wires caught the box.

Umm, unless that rig was in autonomous mode, the driver was at fault.   Period.

Thanks for playing.   Johnny, tell our parting contestant about their consolation prize.   :burnout:

• Plus 1 1
1 minute ago, wbw6cos said:

Umm, unless that rig was in autonomous mode, the driver was at fault.   Period.

IDK I saw the video from a security camera and I didn’t see anything I’d cite him for. :dontknow: 

I do believe if there were injuries, Coca-Cola and their deep pockets probably would have been blamed for sure. ;)

He should have never driven under a low wire.   Just sayin'   Clearance, Clarence.

I will get off my soap box now.   

:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

This happened yesterday a few miles from Tewksbury. IDK again, but the trucker should have been on his brakes but held his line. :dontknow:

13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Figured you’d be a GS rider by then

The dream is not dead Pat, it's just that the stars haven't aligned up right yet. Hell, after watching the videos of those kids on a wing and busa, I just might have to man up and try to follow.  :dontknow:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Wow!   No BOOM?    Lucky folks.   It could have been devastating.

That's what the movies make you believe happens every time:classic_biggrin:

That dash cam needs to be replaced with something of higher resolution,.....I thought my eyes had gotten worse right quick

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, taylor1 said:

The dream is not dead Pat, it's just that the stars haven't aligned up right yet. Hell, after watching the videos of those kids on a wing and busa, I just might have to man up and try to follow.  :dontknow:

Some day! :thumbsup: 

Instead of leaving my map comment a mystery here’s the “missing road on Basecamp. It’s all well maintained forestry road except the part shown in the picture. It almost became a bad day a couple years ago exploring that area. (ok I got lost, by myself, in the rain :classic_blush:)

IMG_0654.jpeg

a little edit.

it’s on Basecamp but it doesn’t go all the way out to Mt. Sterling Rd.

18 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

The movies had me thinking that a few years ago. We had a tanker with its trailer brakes on fire up on the highway (that was definitely the driver’s fault ;) ) and we had to move in with a hose line to extinguish the flames. Felt I earned my money that day! :spittake:

Movies make you think a little hand grenade is a nuclear weapon with massive fireball and mushroom cloud stuff

The Marine Corps ruined war movies for me.

• Haha 1

Fuze is supposed to be 4-5 sec (m67), so there is time and in this situation, it's either give it a try to throw back out or just get fragged.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

That dash cam needs to be replaced with something of higher resolution,.....I thought my eyes had gotten worse right quick

I received most of my firefighting training from watching Emergency!  

As for the dash cam, perhaps they should clean the windshield,  or something.   :dontknow:

3 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I received most of my firefighting training from watching Emergency!  

That’s how most of us got started. ;) A Thought, we’ve got a bunch of new people well under thirty, early twenties actually, bet they never even heard of that show. :D

• Smile 1
20 hours ago, TEWKS said:

That’s how most of us got started. ;) A Thought, we’ve got a bunch of new people well under thirty, early twenties actually, bet they never even heard of that show. :D

Same here.  The cool thing is, the actual Fire Station used for the exterior shots on the show is 5 minutes from my house so I pass by it all the time.  Can also recognize the street when they pull out to leave the station for a call.  In real life it's L.A. County FD Station 127 and still in use.

51.jpg.eabfc8b05bde541c1dca79a8e7d52922.jpg

(Not my pic, shamelessly stolen from Google Maps)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

That's why you're a fireman Pat......:18:

Now you guys got me curious. I do have a little inside info that I didn’t share, guess the neighbors complained to National Grid a few times about a leaning pole and some low hanging wires as a result. Apparently nothing was done till Mr. Coke man traveled through the neighborhood and created a ruckus. :spittake: If it was a marked “low bridge” and he ignored it, sure his fault, but I can’t see having the responsibility to check every overhead wire in your direction of travel. What am I missing?

Yeah, the cop thing, IDK, we had a vehicle crash last week and the two cops were busy trying to figure out how it happened. It was dark, traffic was backing up so I started directing them around the crash. I almost lost my shit on three idiots, two completely ignoring my “stop” hand and another jackass banging gears as he passed by in his hyped up Honda Civic! :mad:

24 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

The meltdown from the one behind me in the last image happened first….. (July 1959) 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_Reactor_Experiment

We lived about 5.5 miles S/E of it at the time.  

Don't think I'd ever read or heard about that event before. A serious one that looks like it got covered or downplayed.

(Sorry, I was trying to be witty. Every time I see 'TMI' I think Three Mile Island. The pic made me think you maybe were having a gastro event on that same scale...)

1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

Looks like Santa Susana mountains.....You were in Chatsworth??

Nailed it!!!!!

(Chatsworth Park) 

Home of many early westerns, and testing/development that resulted in “One Giant Leap for Mankind”https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Susana,_California

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Susana_Field_Laboratory

In my late teens we would walk through the train tunnel & when a train approached you had to decide whether to run away from the train or towards the train to get to the closest cubbyhole. 

How long is that tunnel?

Im remembering a mile but not sure but it was arched so when close to its center, you lost sight of the ends.