IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Dennis Andress
7 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Just post a picture of this place it is torn down. That's all that's needed.

image.jpeg.30d3f4885626dc2286b50edc83fc0

• Confused 1

I don’t understand. 
The Rock Store dodged the bullet as did The Old Place in nearby Cornell. 
However there was distraction on Kanan but I don’t remember what all was there. 

Dennis Andress
13 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

I don’t understand. 
The Rock Store dodged the bullet as did The Old Place in nearby Cornell. 
However there was distraction on Kanan but I don’t remember what all was there. 

In all my moves and travels I’ve seen enough imitations to cheapen the whole idea. The only thing that stands out about the Rock Store is how well the CHP patrols

Soo, im at a house my daughter wants to look at. Car pulls up across the street and a LEO gets out in full kit,… i think he lives here. He goes around the back of the house and comes out with i guess the owners. Suspected owners go in the house. Then another LEO comes jogging from around the adjacent house with rifle. Another LEO rolls up in unmarked truck and pops out with rifle and heads to the back. Im waiting for shots fired. Zoom in for riflesIMG_3393.thumb.jpeg.de5c79195d7ba535ff30c947d65ba744.jpegIMG_3391.thumb.jpeg.9bff306261847538a96ddcb17e770f48.jpeg

On spotcrime when I checked,.....there's not much going on in that neighborhood.....so, I dunno.

I thought the LEO that pulled up in the Toyota actually lived there until he started knocking on the door, I was gonna query him on the neighborhood status.  Then law dog two and then three show up with rifles out,......hmmmm.  Wonder if it's an apprehend the bad guy type thing, 'cause they did have the owners sorta walk them back.

I dunno

• Like 1

When you’re too cheap to buy a gutter but you kinda need one and have some spare drain piping laying around 

IMG_3397.thumb.jpeg.f4c67357c468e558a83a2b823bd13895.jpeg

yes gutters are cheeper that drain pipe but i already have the drain pipe and its easily mounted 

im going to cut an old water hose for the mounting bracket 

On the near end in the picture, ill make the water hose tight and pull slightly up for the drain angle

• Like 2

Umm, when I signed up it said “firefighter” with some EMS involved. I don’t remember floor refinishing in the job description. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.a453e3235479a51de17535e5c6ceb077.jpeg

Not perfect but better.

image.thumb.jpeg.07b21d4508e2570573f0749394c390d8.jpeg

Edit

This is the new Lieutenants room at the south station. My work partner built the wall to separate the office from the bunk room. He volunteered to do all the work plus the kitchen I posted about before.

He asked if I didn’t mind doing the floor, gladly I said.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Took the ferry over to Ocracoke Island to get away for a few days

A9A4F9F5-FEFE-41A2-942E-2CB2EA7726C3.jpeg

Ahhh, Silver Lake.  Was gonna go there this summa, but ended up in Nags Head instead,.......shoulda went to Ocracoke, more compact.

My youngest was not a week old when we took our first trip there AND went though a nasty thunderstorm from Cedar Island.  Ferry was a'rockin.  Anyway, we get to the island and powerlines were down.  Ferry hung out in Silver Lake for a bit before we were able to dock off.

A few years ago, we went to the Amalfi Coast, Positano specifically, anyway, my wife bought some lemoncello from this little shop, https://www.saporidipositano.com/  and she liked it alot,....like alot alot.  So, on occasion, such as today, I went ahead and got her some more stuff ordered to hopefully be here by Friday, our 27th year together (in the past shipments arrived fast fast).  So, why am I posting it here, well, I know there's some folks that like the alcoholic beverages,...don't know about the fruity stuff, but letting you have a look-see anyway.  (I gave up the booze somewhere around ten+ years ago)

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Oh it’s “peecan” all day long up here. But, I’m willing to learn. :spittake:

Pissboy carrys a peecan,.......we eat pukhan's.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Pecan trees were planted in 2015, heres my first nuts

And its pukhan not peecan

IMG_3406.thumb.jpeg.9029e4945a6abd24ad632e1bbb46cf00.jpeg

When’s the best time to plant a tree?

10+ yrs ago so you can enjoy it now. 

• Smile 1
13 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

When’s the best time to plant a tree?

10+ yrs ago so you can enjoy it now. 

These were the first two trees we planted on the property after we bought it.  So, we're digging, one hole and I joke, (yes, joke) that we'll dig up a dead baby***,.....meanwhile, as I'm digging, bout 1.5' down, the wife says, "hey, there's some cloth here",......"oh, careful, might be a dead baby",.....she pulls outta the hole this tattered cloth stuff, and intertwined amongst it all, she says, "there's bones",......oh,.....might not be a joke afterall, shiat just got sorta real.  Anyway, ended up that it "appeared" to be a pet bird of sorts as there were feathers n there as well.

Within the month after planting these trees, I had to go on an overseas gig.  New house, wife alone, not used to the sounds, she wakes in the middle of the night to the Rottie growling nastily.  Wife makes her way to the living room only to hear a scream outside.  She heard it several more times, recorded on her phone.  As she tells me this, she references the "dead baby" jokes that I made and that's all she could think of with those screams.  I tell her it was prolly a fox or something and she did a comparison of the sounds and turns out 'twas a fox and not the ghost of a dead baby.

***Yes, I have a dark sense of humor and my wife is fully accepting of that and laughs at some of the stuff too

Took a cruise down the river today. Couple Harleys in my parking spot but we resolved the situation amicably : ) 

664CF661-CC90-4D84-8FA0-BB0E69F61B73.thumb.jpeg.ef9efe4fe06a7b7f61de92635064872d.jpeg

FDF9BABC-6A01-4CE0-A349-D22DB24B4ECC.thumb.jpeg.0e5d239191427f219cf1bf34ffb63444.jpeg

• Like 2

This old fellow pulled up on his Triumph got off and asked me if it was a 911 so I had to explain the difference. Said he had a 68 and 71 911 back in the day and later a 944 but didn’t like the way it handled, which is just opposite of everyone else..

64996A4F-48B3-4FC0-A258-042183438A09.thumb.jpeg.b2514f21668fa981306f527307c2df86.jpeg

My cousin Annie, working in the yard every time we stop, she’s 82.

DD04154F-4126-4878-A63F-D76693F8A1CF.thumb.jpeg.e8d681bd50dd411267712ce2246e1ba6.jpeg

Anhinga on the dead tree in the river.

38CA1013-BEF1-4261-B012-F2BD1D205C28.thumb.jpeg.e9bdf4b4a2aea47a1ce02bf55e288752.jpeg

• Like 4

Well, its Monday, my lips feeling a bit chapped, I grabbed the EXPO marker, pulled the cap, then realized that the "chapstick" felt a little long.  Caught it before I had blue lips

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2