IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

6 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

You're giving me heart palpitations 

And to think, for my last two work trips, I had to take "ladder safety training":grin::grin:

You should of put the tractor in the back of the pickup truck. That would have given you that extra reach! ;)

Yep, ladders and chainsaws usually leads to emergency rooms. Glad none of that took place. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
Just now, TEWKS said:

You should of put the tractor in the back of the pickup truck. That would have given you that extra reach! ;)

Hmmm, thanks for the idea

Yep, ladders and chainsaws usually leads to emergency rooms. Glad none of that took place. :thumbsup:

I don't much like the men and women in white, I'd prolly just superglue any issues that arose

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

And to think, for my last two work trips, I had to take "ladder safety training":grin::grin:

You should give back your certifications!

• Haha 3
Just now, Hosstage said:

You should give back your certifications!

Well, the stupidvisors on the trip didn't much like how I worked around equipment,.....but they let me do it anyway.  We had cameras all around and every now and then I'd hear on my headset "Richard, we see you",....I'd respond, "go get some coffee"

• Smile 2
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

So what you’re saying is there’s no room for “improvising” on your field trips? :classic_biggrin:

That's what they want you to believe, I just ignore them,.....my safety is my concern

• Like 1

A strange coincidence. Earlier tonight I saw a commercial for Lifevac. I thought about how I failed to sell the idea to the department. I pushed it up to our local hospital medics to see if they could convince the head doctor to approve the use. Nothing yet. Our Ambulance just got dispatched to a person choking! :dontknow:

They have the usual skills involved to remedy the problem but it doesn’t always work.

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

How about a rope saw?

Never used one myself. 

me neither but id rather use what i have

2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

me neither but id rather use what i have

Lot cheeper then that UTV you’ve been Jones’n over. 

11 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Lot cheeper then that UTV you’ve been Jones’n over. 

Ya, true, but I've already got a ladder and a tractor with a bucket, so I can get decently high enough;)  Of course, I can always still use the roof of the truck for the ladder.

image.png.dfbc66d27b3e674589208678743b6434.png

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

I suspect in Rougs ladder on roof picture it was preceded by

” Hold my beer and watch this”

Back at the old house, we had these 40+ ft cypress trees out front.  Wifes brilliant idea 'round Christmas time was to make a large Christmas tree.  So, I had to borrow my friends 40ft fiberglass ladder,....you know, them heavy mofos.  Anyway, the day she decided this event happened to be stoopidly windy.  The ladder wouldn't seat on any solid branch, so, those little skinny's provided the minimal support.  I climb up to the very top with an end to the damn lights and place them inside, all the while the wind is blowing me side to side, entire ladder shaking good.  Got the stoopid lights in by her circling the tree.  'twas not fun.

Also had to use that 40ft ladder to do some eave repair on the last house and while on a slope (ugh).  Wife's hanging out the bathroom window hanging on the ladder.  I says, "whatcha think you gonna do, stop it from falling".........

Wish I had photos of this stuff.

But ladder on truck was worth it

image.thumb.jpeg.e6f6073a00591fd1f25c54c3be53a9ab.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Back at the old house, we had these 40+ ft cypress trees out front.  Wifes brilliant idea 'round Christmas time was to make a large Christmas tree.  So, I had to borrow my friends 40ft fiberglass ladder,....you know, them heavy mofos.  Anyway, the day she decided this event happened to be stoopidly windy.  The ladder wouldn't seat on any solid branch, so, those little skinny's provided the minimal support.  I climb up to the very top with an end to the damn lights and place them inside, all the while the wind is blowing me side to side, entire ladder shaking good.  Got the stoopid lights in by her circling the tree.  'twas not fun.

Also had to use that 40ft ladder to do some eave repair on the last house and while on a slope (ugh).  Wife's hanging out the bathroom window hanging on the ladder.  I says, "whatcha think you gonna do, stop it from falling".........

Wish I had photos of this stuff.

But ladder on truck was worth it

image.thumb.jpeg.e6f6073a00591fd1f25c54c3be53a9ab.jpeg

There isn't a proper emoji to select from to react to your threads, one that says "damn son, no! You're an OSHA nightmare...

7 hours ago, Hosstage said:

There isn't a proper emoji to select from to react to your threads, one that says "damn son, no! You're an OSHA nightmare...

Sometimes I wear eyepro, gloves and if there's noise involved, ear muffs fo sho.  steel/composite toe, meh, Combat Flip Flops are my general work shoe of choice in the home environment

13 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Her’aQuake!!!

Here in SoCal the ground’s wet & sHaKiNg!!!

Get ready for the mudslides that you people are prone to when the dew is heavy.

Roug,

just sharing a personal story.  Last December putting up the Christmas lights like always, my 20 ft aluminum ladder decided to do a kick out from the butt.  The ladder and I had an holy shit moment.  I dropped 'only' about 18 ft onto a concrete walk way.  2 broken ribs, dislocated and broken humerus, broken clavicle.  Had to wait 17 days to get a surgery date, mean while flopping around with said injuries.  5 months of PT following surgery, still about 50% mobility on the right side.  I can ride.  Not like 'before'.  Won't bore you with the multitude of things I can no longer do.  You think you are inviceable, until you aren't.  Then life sucks.  There are consequences to 'hey watch this shit' decisions.  Tienes cuidado amigo.  You have a family, friends, your bmw family, and a potentially long life.  Give it some thought.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Red said:

Roug,

just sharing a personal story.  Last December putting up the Christmas lights like always, my 20 ft aluminum ladder decided to do a kick out from the butt.  The ladder and I had an holy shit moment.  I dropped 'only' about 18 ft onto a concrete walk way.  2 broken ribs, dislocated and broken humerus, broken clavicle.  Had to wait 17 days to get a surgery date, mean while flopping around with said injuries.  5 months of PT following surgery, still about 50% mobility on the right side.  I can ride.  Not like 'before'.  Won't bore you with the multitude of things I can no longer do.  You think you are inviceable, until you aren't.  Then life sucks.  There are consequences to 'hey watch this shit' decisions.  Tienes cuidado amigo.  You have a family, friends, your bmw family, and a potentially long life.  Give it some thought.

Bruh, ladders are dangerous.

I should tell you about me stacking paint cans on the stairs to level the ladder, then falling, breaking the ladder and putting a nice hole in the sheetrock.  No worries, wife fixed the hole,....she does good sheetrock work.

I know I'm not invincible, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do to get what needs to be done,...done.  I'm much safer than what I used to be.  

55 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

This is where I'm at now as far as Danger Will Robinson.

I live in an area where I gotta take my own trash to the trash station.  Recently, I jumped off the tailgate and the "attendent" says something about knees and pain at his age,......he won't much older then me.

• Like 1

Yeah I’m almost twenty years north of 40 but I’d give that a go. I’d probably tell the operator low idle for the first one and see what happens but, after that! :yes:

• Smile 1
RandyShields
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Walked these halls back in 78/79. Now inspecting them before school opens. Nice wax!

Yes, nice wax, but I am OK not going back.

• Like 1
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, RandyShields said:

Yes, nice wax, but I am OK not going back.

I also went back to my now closed down elementary school and did some volunteer pre-fire planning. :cool: This was way more fun than inspecting waxed floors. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.4dced7d50030154a26947dcbc38b6548.jpeg

Bad parenting? Boy needed brakes for about a month (just told me they were making a grinding sound) :ohboy:Anyway, he got the pads & rotors yesterday but he was going out with his friends today. He did say I’ll be home later if you want some help, so there’s that. I just did them myself. I’m not sure I would have taught him anything that he’d keep for the future. :dontknow:

9ED4F419-3CA2-4D99-BD24-5AADA839B94D.thumb.jpeg.c28fabaa063d8785d03dd86692c768db.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

I broke a mount tab off my Vario side case up in Maine.

image.thumb.jpeg.088bdbd83c52a40f9087883db1b8750d.jpeg

Mickey fixed it today! :spittake:

FF597462-6876-4EC7-8DF7-9351AD6739EF.jpeg

edit

finished the job. time will tell if it holds up

image.thumb.jpeg.b4ea33fa03b2d87d5d3b98fb6297af1b.jpeg

10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Can’t see the ruckus, video is private. :(

Nothing to see, just listen.   I changed the restriction thingy

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

You only like me for my toys. IMG_0256.thumb.jpeg.27a0413a93d0df5d2ddf43bebf5993ad.jpegIMG_0257.thumb.jpeg.64d67b8af3814fd3507e675932e1463d.jpeg

No, you’re a cool dude Dennis :thumbsup: but yes, also having impeccable taste in the toy department! :yes: :classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Surprised there isn't a homeless encampment on that lawn.....armed guards?

My, aren’t you a bit jaded. 

Malibu isn’t the city of Los Angeles. 
I’m sure Simi didn’t tolerate encampments during your tenure there or even now. 
SoCal still has lots to offer that’s positive. 
Why do so many tourist continue to flock here plunging up my commute roads?

image.thumb.jpeg.599ae55b0b871c38aa4645d9ebd85d39.jpeg

Besides, don’t you miss the majestic mountains especially when there green like they are early this year?

image.thumb.jpeg.e08cc17ee2f5ff3830f62d1f8281ed64.jpeg

(images from todays commute). 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Besides, don’t you miss the majestic mountains especially when there green like they are early this year?

I do but.......I don't miss the weekend crowds clogging up the great riding roads:facepalm: