IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

20 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Still need masks outside on a motorcycle in Arizona??!!:rofl:

Must be related to the dude on the Harley.

• Haha 1
Dennis Andress
21 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Still need masks outside on a motorcycle in Arizona??!!:rofl:

Getting close to that part of town. 

image.thumb.png.78109a901c6faaa7665bc4fd11ee3959.png

• Like 1

Couldn't get a flight from MiA to ATL this morning and decided on a one way rental. The travel agent booked me a Kia hamster car per the government guidelines. The nice lady at Budget took pity and gave me a Accura. Basically a high end Accord but still a nice ride definitely like the color!

20230318_171020.thumb.jpg.3d42ca205373ee6152f2e163fdeb51ec.jpg20230318_171205.thumb.jpg.5fcd453c6ae1df5a87f7ce06c7312652.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

It is hard to imagine you in that hamster car, Mike.  :jaw:

Unfortunately I drive them all the time!

I don’t have any pictures so it may not of happened but… :/ My drone flying skills have progressed to the point where I can do a home inspection with it. And, I just found a hole chewed through the siding up high by the chimney. Squirrels damnit! :88: The pellet guns a coming out of storage!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The pellet guns a coming out of storage!

Roug prolly has a way to adapt those to your drone so you can finish the "wet work".:whistle:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Roug prolly has a way to adapt those to your drone so you can finish the "wet work".:whistle:

Oh yeah, die scumbag squirrel! :yes:

E7085DFE-7585-4DF3-9DAF-6190D18EFE08.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
32 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Oh yeah, die scumbag squirrel! :yes:

E7085DFE-7585-4DF3-9DAF-6190D18EFE08.jpeg

I was lucky enough to have a tour on the inside of a Spectre Gunship in Panama '89, wholly shiat, a lovely bird.  C-130 and it's varients have always been my favorite bird.  Any aircraft with a 105 howitzer is a beautiful thing, ugh, ugh, ugh and those little 40mm's and 20mm's are cool too.  We had that thing flying above us every night.

• Like 2
On 3/22/2023 at 12:16 PM, TEWKS said:

I don’t have any pictures so it may not of happened but… :/ My drone flying skills have progressed to the point where I can do a home inspection with it. And, I just found a hole chewed through the siding up high by the chimney. Squirrels damnit! :88: The pellet guns a coming out of storage!  

Got the picture. It’s a snap of the computer screen so the quality isn’t the best.
image.thumb.jpeg.7bdabe5c68f0b4fa871b855ba2718e33.jpeg

• Sad 3
On 3/23/2023 at 10:38 AM, TEWKS said:

Who’d like a ride in our newest piece? Um nope not me, no siree Bob! :) Nice rig though. :cool:

E5308A2D-8C6B-4EE7-942C-C8D9F86B1E33.jpeg

Super SUPER Duty :thumbsup:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Calling @Rougarou to the curtesy phone (and bring some https://www.jameshardie.com/products/hardieplank-lap-siding?loc=refresh with you)

& while your at it, extend the metal flashing to prevent further wet/dry rot   

He can learn the hard way

I do have a siding nailer that I can sell him as well as a couple of rolls of nails,.....oh, and some scaffolding,....since the drone took the happy snap, likely need some scaffolding.  Oh and since @TEWKSwill be heading south cough-cough "towing" his bikes, he can simply put all that nifty stuff in the bed of that new truck

• Haha 4

I think I have a guy coming out next week to help me plug up that hole. If not, I may grab that scaffolding from you. :spittake:

So, today was the first “out of the yard” flight with the drone, yeah, I soared with eagles! :yes:
image.thumb.jpeg.62ac27e979337be9279d17b618a6f81b.jpeg

25978508-E076-4173-8AEB-72BA63202581.thumb.jpeg.df1e38dbc671b6464d5d64c8d7990fad.jpeg

90952F57-81E5-4ABA-86E6-B34BD0A4BF45.thumb.jpeg.d7e964b4c21d32e6948a4b78714213e9.jpeg

If anyone has ever thought about getting a Drone, FPV (first person view) is the only way to go, it’s pretty freaking amazing! If as a kid (or adult) you dreamt you could fly, this is about as close as you can get without leaving the ground.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

oh, and some scaffolding,....since the drone took the happy snap, likely need some scaffolding. 

Come to think of it, I’ll bet he knows a good Ariel Apparatus Operator or two that need some refreshing training. 

Maybe just cut some Hardie to fit & glue them over the existing ones???
Oh, & stuff an other piece of flashing under that short one but make sure water can’t get back (positive slope as well as sealant if necessary ). 

• Thanks 1
  • Smile 1

No obligation; just interested in the goggles perspective.  Interesting.   

For my drone, I use an older smartphone with a cracked screen.   :ohboy:

• Like 1
On 3/22/2023 at 9:16 AM, TEWKS said:

Squirrels damnit! :88: The pellet guns a coming out of storage!  

Yep!!!

I just planted one……

image.thumb.jpeg.d45e47ef73950351ae728919239fb106.jpeg

Tree squirrels I’ll let slide but ZERO tolerance on ground squirrels. 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

I have 10 acres of those Belding ground squirrels in my alfalfa.  For decades it was a 22 and 17HMR show.   20 cal Beeman pellet rifle if they venture onto the lawn. I've trapped a few with leg hold traps, but I've also trapped my dog and a red tailed hawk, so I quit that.  Dog and hawk were both released unharmed.  Shotgun when the pups come up and you can get close.  Sometimes you can get 4 with one shot.  I also installed some used telephone poles with cross pieces for the hawks and eagles.  I have foxes in the field next door and they help out as well.  It slowed them down some but their reproductive rate is just too high.  Now every 3-4 years I have zinc phosphide applied.  100% kill on squirrels.  No secondary kill on predators or scavengers.  It's great stuff.  Only allowed in ag ground though.  There's some pretty creative traps people have made out of PVC pipe as well.  Happy hunting.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Red said:

Happy hunting.

Thx. 
My old Diana 36 breakbarrel just can’t hit the broadside of a barn these days so I’ve resorted to a Haveaheart trap. 

Actually this guy snuck into the garage & it took me the better part of an hour to find, corner, shoot. 

Several years ago my neighbor had an issue with them & a yr or two later it was suddenly my problem.  
The bastages killed my apricot tree before I realized it (ate the leaves off it like a salad bar). 

Now as I squeeze the trigger the cry is Remember the apricot!!!!   

When my ship comes in (more like if) I would like to get a FX Impact M3 https://fxairguns.com/rifles/the-impact-m3/

I bet you could charge city slickers a few $$$ to take care of your problem (but then that would be problematic). 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

He almost got it! I had him chasing it around the house when he jumped up, and bumped it! :grin: Probably wouldn’t have been so funny if he chomped down on it. :5146:

image.thumb.jpeg.dd2fbbf680f09a3f8245f28d5912c2b2.jpeg

24 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Got what  ????

Top arrow. The drone, he “Rex” was chasing it around the yard. It was funny until it wasn’t kind of thing. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

@TEWKSbring your rake and fire skills to my house...lots of stuff to pick up and burn here!

You can even bring your drone to get video for Richard!  :thumbsup:

• Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
51 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

IF there's no video, it didn't happen

I know, I completely forgot about that! I’ll see what I can do next time, though, I need to master retrieving the footage and getting it to the U-tube. IPad and IPhone don’t accept a micro SD card. :5146:

38 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

@TEWKSbring your rake and fire skills to my house...lots of stuff to pick up and burn here!

You can even bring your drone to get video for Richard!  :thumbsup:

I did swoop over the fire with the drone. Practicing water drops for my next life! :D

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I did swoop over the fire with the drone. Practicing water drops for my next life! :D

Always--The Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,.....'twas also the beautiful Audrey Hepburn's last movie

2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Always--The Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,.....'twas also the beautiful Audrey Hepburn's last movie

I’ll have to check that out! :thumbsup:

Sooo, after we put the Rottie down, the wife wanted some cameras.  I told her they weren't much of a deterrent in that they are for "after action" reporting.  Alas, she wanted them anyway.  I researched some brands and ended up with Lorex.  Mounted them all up, eight cameras in total.  Crawling through my attic which is low sloped.  Anyway, the cameras started going out, uno by uno and I'd call and do the trouble shooting with their tech.  Overall, prolly had the damn system for a couple of years and likely replaced cameras twice as well as the NVR.  Circuit was good, everything grounded, everything on surge protectors and UPS.  Finally, I got tired of replacing the cameras one by one and whined to their customer support.  Their management says they have to replace the lowest level issue.  I requested an entire new system due to the number of cameras I've had to replace, nope, they weren't having it.  So, I sent a complaint to the BBB, along with all the trouble ticket numbers, dates, and whines about up and down the ladder.  Few weeks later, I get a nifty call from their customer service stating they want to fix the issue with a complete new system,.....really, .......coulda been solved a long time ago.  Anyway, that was in July of 2021, I've been putting off installing this new system since then.  A few weeks ago, I set it up in the garage to let it run for a bit, to see if any of the cameras would die, they didn't so today, I've been crawling around the attic, pulling cable and fishing cable.  Got four cameras mounted and will get the other four tomorrow,.....maybe.

image.thumb.png.261530b8e1bf0a6d56881e38c80c1beb.png

• Like 2

Let me say up front I know nothing about video surveillance.  That said, I don't understand why cameras are always mounted in some elevated manner.  I have seen countless images of criminals in videos who's faces are completely obscured by simple hoodie and ball cap.  What's the point if you can't ID the criminal?  Just seems like a mount at about 6-8 feet would be better?

Or easily broken off their mounts.

Or stolen because some stupid thieves think the video is stored in the camera itself.

3 hours ago, Red said:

Let me say up front I know nothing about video surveillance.  That said, I don't understand why cameras are always mounted in some elevated manner.  I have seen countless images of criminals in videos who's faces are completely obscured by simple hoodie and ball cap.  What's the point if you can't ID the criminal?  Just seems like a mount at about 6-8 feet would be better?

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

The cameras can then be obscured at the lower height(s).  :dontknow:

Anyone can hide from a camera if you know where it is.  Mine are easy to spot.  These are POE cameras, not wireless (I didn't want to have to charge them every so often, lazy that way).  The porch camera, pool, back driveway and barn facing cameras are at eight ft.  The patio, la garden and front yard are elevated for overwatch.  Ideally, yes, much lower mounted, such as the doorbell cameras that are out.  For me, it was outta convenience for these locations as fishing wires down would suck even more.  Also, overall, I really don't feel these are a need so much as a warm fuzzy for the wife.  Had I mounted them lower, the chances of breaking them grow as well, these are bullet cameras so not exactly tiny but not overly large either.  Our area is 'streamly low on crime, 'streamly low.  The only thing good the last set of cameras did was show us that a rat snake killed our cat.

image.thumb.png.66625707d95b5814662ee756bc09c466.png

10 hours ago, Hosstage said:

What, no camera in your living room to watch you watching TV?

Bruh, you don't want to see what happens in my living room;), should be a paid subscription for that video

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Bruh, you don't want to see what happens in my living room;), should be a paid subscription for that video

Let’s hope your wife doesn’t find out. 😁

• Haha 2