IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Yikes.. I'm betting he ends up with something similar but maybe not that one, we'll see. Came across this review in the meantime.

• Like 3
Dennis Andress
21 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

Sah-WAR-oh  

They’re cool in the wild, but as a landscape plant they are often overwatered… 

image.thumb.jpeg.9fa2a4e8b8c77ac451aad3cf9ba31b7e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I paid $600 bucks for my Ferracci cans (rebadged Termignoni) back in 94. Not sure what that would be adjusted for inflation. :dontknow: 

I got to fly in one of those once, not by choice.  By the way, ain't you supposed to be doing first responder stuff instead of fawkin with your phone:dontknow:

• Haha 1

Well my pumper was ready for any aerial mishap, and, the youngsters do need some hands on to keep this ship sailing straight. :classic_biggrin: 

edit…I know you know I didn’t chuckle at your medflight experience. Calling out slackers is always a good funny though. :rofl:

• Smile 1

Just did my Christmas shopping. :spittake: Found this down in NC, I was going to post it in the Craigslist find but decided to see if it fits, first. :yes:

image.thumb.jpeg.9e73c8a70e86be5700107fc2a27998a6.jpeg

• Like 3

Lions & Tigers & Bears…..

& hopefully every last stinking Deer will soon be crossing my path via this overpass (use your imagination) instead of in front of me. 

image.thumb.jpeg.779c7f3f479485c20b589b25b2512b56.jpeg

• Like 1
On 12/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, TEWKS said:

Just did my Christmas shopping. :spittake: Found this down in NC, I was going to post it in the Craigslist find but decided to see if it fits, first. :yes:

image.thumb.jpeg.9e73c8a70e86be5700107fc2a27998a6.jpeg

All 'Stitched up with what looks like new stuff....good find or fresh from Duluth?  (you do test us sometimes)......:lurk:

• Like 1

Actually bit of a sad story, the owner passed (cancer) so his buddy sold it for the widow. I hope it’s as clean as it looks, $700 shipped. :dontknow:

• Confused 1

Neat museum.  I just learned on a recent Military History channel show that they made more B-24s than any other bomber in WWII -- almost 20,000 vs. 12,000+ for the B-17.

So, when we got this place in 2015 and commenced to tearing the inside out and re-doing, wife wanted a double oven.  She found her double oven on craigslist I believe.  It was new, but the bottom oven glass was broken.  No biggie, we paid $800 for the double oven, ordered replacement glass, viola', new double oven.  She found another ad that the homeowner was remodeling their kitchen and selling all the cabinets, ad price was something like $1200, it included an older double oven and the granite countertops.  We arrive to eyeball the cabinets and say we'll take them but don't want the double oven or granite, they say, "take it all and we'll drop the price to $500",....."ok, will do".  Wife sold that double oven for $800, it was an older model.  We've got granite we can't use, cabinets that we have to arrange to fit our kitchen and a new double oven.  We get the kitchen arranged and all set up, install the new double oven and happy,.....right.

Well now it's 2022 and wife doesn't much care for the double oven anymore and wants a single wall oven.  Searching and finding one, a GE Profile that  we got from a guy that buys the display models from the big box stores,.....he sells outta his garage and has items on his display racks.  These are new, never used, but still, taking a chance.  We got this single wall oven for $1200 that retails for over $4k----damn these thing's be 'spensive, glad she doesn't want a Viking or Wolf.

Anyway, it's her Christmas present, which leads me to the "right now" post, which was yesterday.  When we got home from visiting a few appliance stores, then settling on the guy in the garage, I decided to pull the double oven and install the single.  So, "Right Now", it's an unfinished project as I've got to build a cabinet above the single wall oven.

Out with the old

69300537340__409F3250-D75E-4162-9522-3B771559E497.thumb.jpg.f86b216596773081cdeaf78b1cd58512.jpg

In with the new

69300538813__54FCAA75-EB92-431A-A1B2-30212238FAAA.thumb.jpg.f490409c9dc959013900a06476f7b142.jpg

This thing has air fry, convection and wi-fi (why does everything have to be connected, a feature we likely won't use)

I've got to run another outlet to the top as that shelf will be where we put the microwave.  We'll be removing the above cooktop microwave and putting in a standard hood vent as well as upsizing the cooktop from 30 to 36" at some point in the near future.

• Like 2

It's tough to see that double oven come out, we use ours all the time, especially when entertaining. But, if she doesn't want it, it makes no sense to keep it, you're a good man keeping her happy.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Mr. cheapskate scored!

More opportunistic than cheapskate.  Too easy to throw things out these days that are fixable.

• Like 1

20221222_070015.thumb.jpg.1926e9ff158dd6d1f0b023b6d2d7ad78.jpgAt the door of one of the businesses on Concourse C, Atlanta Airport.   Really?

Way past security screening checkpoints.  Way past.

:5146:

Edit:  it helps to post a photo when talking over the internet.  That way folks know what I'm talkin bout!

:ohboy:

• Like 1

To lift the oven a wee bit, im building a “drawer insert” with platform to sit the oven on.   Gonna give eight inches of height plus a place to store the oven mittens. 

All scrap wood

image.jpg

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

This driver should probably play the lottery tonight. :4315:
image.thumb.jpeg.b41c0eae381ca78e901a85edadf226d8.jpeg

Ya, we gots the high winds today.  I drove by a small lot, looks like they're putting up a modular home, but people are living in a 5th wheel.  Tree dropped what looked to be about four feet from the 5th wheel.  Kinda close

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Hank in WV said:

How'd that old level sneak in there?:5146:

Good eye.

Which one?

The aluminum one is junk (inaccurate), but the wood one is just fine. 
I forgot to pack mine so I drug these out of my sisters garage (this is her house). 
I first used the wood one during my first masonry project going on 50 yrs ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.2b4d94a7071315bb62dd82177bfa4323.jpeg

The rest of the place is showing its age but the brick planter is still in fair shape. 
Thanks for reminding me how old I am:P

image.jpeg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Milwaukee bone shattering  Hole Hawg…. Uggg

Fortunately don’t own one of those.  

Yes, you better have a good grip on that tool or it will rip you apart when it digs in! At least it's really heavy to fatigue you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gent’s, can you help a fellow rider out & tell me where to plug this thing in???:dopeslap:

Sparky’s afraid of the wet & there’s plenty of that here in sunny SoCal so the old RT came out of semi-retirement today. 

image.thumb.jpeg.acc8fcb59181f421018927ceffc4bea9.jpeg

• Like 2
9 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Hey Gent’s, can you help a fellow rider out & tell me where to plug this thing in???:dopeslap:

Sparky’s afraid of the wet & there’s plenty of that here in sunny SoCal so the old RT came out of semi-retirement today. 

image.thumb.jpeg.acc8fcb59181f421018927ceffc4bea9.jpeg

It's one down, five up,.....in case you need reminding.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Looks like your Stich keeled over and died…:classic_biggrin: Nice looking RT! :thumbsup:

Back in the day the stich, RT, & me were styling…..

image.thumb.jpeg.195e67ebfaa10d92900e1449d6358ba8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.94417338c26338563a182f97a5dd7fef.jpeg

The suit is actually a Motoport https://www.motoport.com as the old Stich was in need of an update. 

I was advised not to get the HiVis yellow as it would fade quickly but I didn’t heed their advice.

This is what it looked like 4.75 yrs ago

image.thumb.jpeg.654b495bd1d55f460cf1a94d10b2a98c.jpeg

• Like 1