IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

94DEBD35-4266-4273-8E3B-DA99DF899CFB.thumb.jpeg.35afefa87866dcd9b9a11a70530b20a6.jpegFirst coat, letting it dry a bit longer, humidity is kinda high today. Hope it dries and I get to spray the second coat before any rain falls, although, Id need some sideways rain to actually hit it. 

• Like 1

Rain held out. Trim needs done with the glossy stuff, but thatll be another day25C1984B-78D7-4C5B-A8CC-14B72CD15DE3.thumb.jpeg.d4323e391611fd70c424cf586f66fb2a.jpeg

So, you may be able to see a future project looming round. That roof is in dire need of a paint job to bring the two shades of green into one,…. that day is coming. 

Also, you can see the fun I had placing ladders in those rocks,...ugh!!

39 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Also, you can see the fun I had placing ladders in those rocks,...ugh!!

Glad ya didn’t say storage shelves:thumbsup:

• Smile 1
21 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Glad ya didn’t say storage shelves:thumbsup:

Well I was on one today at the backside of the house, wasn't high enough, so I threw a five gallon bucket to get me the additional height.

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Well I was on one today at the backside of the house, wasn't high enough, so I threw a five gallon bucket to get me the additional height.

As long as you put the caulk away, I don’t see a problem with that. :spittake:

9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

As long as you put the caulk away, I don’t see a problem with that. :spittake:

Actually, I had to whip the caulk out as I was running some lines on the greenhouse roof.  Real ladder on the high side, shelving and five gallon bucket on the low side.;)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My first job with the almost free saw! :yes: I actually traded the 14 inch bar for an 18 which cost me a total of $58 bucks. Not bad. It cut well, dead pine though, we’ll see how it works on some of the creeping in oaks soon. 
image.thumb.jpeg.3379dcb9bbbaa9db2db8b67dbe9a2fff.jpeg

• Like 1

The saw came with an extra chain and I bought another. But I do have a habit of hitting the earth when cutting through the logs. :dopeslap: So yeah, I think I’ll need that! :thumbsup:

Takes a special skill to sharpen a chain properly and I don’t have it. Even if I try really hard while doing this :P I mess them up. 

10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The saw came with an extra chain and I bought another. But I do have a habit of hitting the earth when cutting through the logs. :dopeslap: So yeah, I think I’ll need that! :thumbsup:

Takes a special skill to sharpen a chain properly and I don’t have it. Even if I try really hard while doing this :P I mess them up. 

I've had the same chain on my little MS180 since new.  I did buy a spare, just haven't gotten around to needing it yet.  I've had the little thing since about 2016 and it gets used just a few times a year whacking some oak some pine and some landscape timbers.  I throw it in the vice and use that sharpener.  So long as you follow the arrows and angles, you'll get it resharpened in no time.

I also use it to sharpen this little gem that I use for brush whacking.

61WUu2e2f+L._AC_.jpg

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I also use it to sharpen this little gem that I use 

61WUu2e2f+L._AC_.jpg

Never saw ;) one of those, what’s it attach to? :dontknow:

36 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Never saw ;) one of those, what’s it attach to? :dontknow:

Weedeater.  

I had one of those cheesy "brush cutter" attachments for my weedeater like below, but it only really cuts "thick grass" and not skinny trees.  So I found the chainsaw blade and it now cuts skinny trees.

61jAbzFR3qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Thanks 1

We’re booking him ^ for the next UNrally! :read: :classic_biggrin:

With all the exercise talk somewhere else I got hungry. :)
Probably not a top secret recipe and it’s really not a recipe at all but it’s good! Get one of those oven roasted chickens at the supermarket, (already roasted) StoveTop stuffing, McCormick chicken gravy, cranberry sauce and some mayo. 

Make the gravy and add in the sliced chicken breast to the pan. Then build the sandwich using all the ingredients with 3 slices of toast. :lick:

image.thumb.jpeg.f3a604671820c65e94b998f444af163f.jpeg

• Haha 1

Hey since I’m Rachael Raying it today! :classic_biggrin: Take the legs and thighs and use them for meal number two. Microwave them for about a minute and cover them with your favorite sauce, toss them on the grill to finish. 

Take me out to Fenway.. Molly went to the game tonight and sent a few more pics.

image.thumb.jpeg.76520d66545dbc2bb082f2c1ae223dcd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c7882c82d829d15aa9e242ece244a82f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8d6cb5d2fda86f62af422e9c0d3e2f3a.jpeg

Edit. Aaron Judge just blasted his 2nd homer, this one over the Green Monster eclipsing the Bambino's 56 (in the same number of games) and closing in on Maris' 61. What is baseball w/o statistics.

Edit 2. Bottom of the 9th, tied up..

#3. As Skip Carey would say, free baseball..

4. Not looking good for the home team, Yankees score 3 in the 10th, 7-4.

5. Close but no cigar, 7-6.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hey since I’m Rachael Raying it today! :classic_biggrin: Take the legs and thighs and use them for meal number two. Microwave them for about a minute and cover them with your favorite sauce, toss them on the grill to finish. 

There are dangers with jumping into the middle of a conversation.  For example I give you: "Take the legs and thighs and use them for meal number two".  I had to look around to make this fit for G-rated audiences. 

• Haha 2
On 9/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, Rougarou said:

Get yourself one of these, takes the guesswork outta the angle.

Image of 2 in 1 Filing Guide

These transform chainsaw maintenance. 

Worth their weight in gold for keeping your chain in shape. So dang quick and perfectly accurate.  My old files are now gathering dust. 

• Like 1

Since we’re talking Tree cutting stuff. :) Is there any cut you could make to get this leaner from hitting my deck? Gotta get it to spin to the left towards the dirt patch. Or is a rope and winch the best bet? I realize it’s tough to say just looking at one picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a5c1d4307ecac66f998f5c39c2e2295.jpeg

You're gonna need some rope and an F-150,........and insurance

But looking at it, that skinny tree likely wouldn't cause damage of any significant value.

1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

Got the F150! :classic_biggrin: Thanks, ya I better think on this one. 🤔

Don't you fire dogs have a rope shooter for rescue purposes or something.  If ya do, launch a rope high, tension it off in the direction you want that little thing to go.

Had a friend that was cutting down a fairly large pine in his back yard, he had it roped off, had the angles cut right, but the tree decided to fall on his roof.  He shook it off, insurance covered a brand new roof, he's happy.  I kinda think he meant to drop it on his roof.  So, if things go bad, accident or not, you pay insurance to cover such an instance.

Be wary of relying on insurance to cover you being a dumbass and crushing your property, I got a policy update stating that some acts of stupidity (paraphrasing) are not covered.

Like cutting down a tree next to your house without proper due care, such as hiring a pro instead of saying I got this.

Please capture it on video if you choose to do it!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

What could go wrong?

I know @TEWKS knows rope work,.....as a fireextinguisher and human rescue agent, he's got training and should know angles,......

This guy failed basic geometry.  Heavy end of the tree is on the house side, they shoulda pulled pressure "from" the heavy end.

But does make for funny videos.

image.png.2546d5913101b7bdf594cbf31f3a6ffb.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Be wary of relying on insurance to cover you being a dumbass and crushing your property, I got a policy update stating that some acts of stupidity (paraphrasing) are not covered.

Like cutting down a tree next to your house without proper due care, such as hiring a pro instead of saying I got this.

Please capture it on video if you choose to do it!

Your policy sucks.  An accident is an accident, whether ye be stoopid or not.

My buddy that dropped the tree on his house, the tree was no more than 20ft from the house and about 60ft tall.  It was about 4ft around, fairly thick pine.  Insurance didn't question him, don't know who he uses.  They just had him get estimates and fixed his roof,....which they went ahead and replaced all the shingles vice just the area of damage.  This happened bout three years ago.

10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Earlier today, oh look we’ve got new neighbors moving in next next next door! :eek: City life! :dopeslap:

image.thumb.jpeg.74272a9a55769b01087aa8d360f6f2b4.jpeg

Don't worry, with the way they throw buildings up in Mass,.....it'll be a while before your new neighbors actually move in (judging from how long it took your building to go up)

• Haha 1

I’m sure they’ll fill up pretty quickly, at least according to the other places going in along Rt 38 (main st). What they’ve been doing is putting retail shops on the bottom floor with residential above. None or very few of the retail spaces have been filled but the residential is pretty much full. City of Tewksbury! :dopeslap:

• Like 1