IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Today was the tail-end of Buddy’s stay. I have a strong suspicion he’ll be back.

233EABE3-B6D3-4302-94CA-90B32FBEC7E0.jpeg

edit…

oh if you were wondering about the white ribbon, the little bastard could jump! :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.c6a400325ab2aed560fbc378e2d38daf.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kid’s first car fire last night. I had to balance a wow that’s cool with a why weren’t you wearing your face mask, and on air! :old:

image.thumb.jpeg.76bb059057e19df62aeab48bb3c87919.jpeg

• Like 3

He was probably so excited and pumped I’m surprised he remembered his boots. You should frame that picture.  He will cherish it 30 years from now. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Kid’s first car fire last night. I had to balance a wow that’s cool with a why weren’t you wearing your face mask, and on air! :old:

image.thumb.jpeg.76bb059057e19df62aeab48bb3c87919.jpeg

Kinda like being excited to shoot heavy guns and stuff and not wearing earplugs all the time,...........ask me how I know.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

What? ;) :grin: 

I’m told I’m going deaf all the time (selective hearing actually) but if I had to lose any of the five, hearing would be the first I’d give up. As long as I could still ride that is. :)

I want your job Pat.  You get to ride in, and drive, big trucks; play with big water hoses; use cool equipment; and every now and then take a boat out for a spin. All while getting paid.  :5185: :wave:

• Plus 1 1
On 2/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, TEWKS said:

With the ability to snap and post LIKE NOW, :grin: this being a benefit of the new board, I present to you my backyard a moment ago.

What's going on out there in your neighborhood?:lurk:

image.jpg

Right Now?  The opposite of this - sweating...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ron-M said:

I want your job Pat.  You get to ride in, and drive, big trucks; play with big water hoses; use cool equipment; and every now and then take a boat out for a spin. All while getting paid.  :5185: :wave:

I actually said that just a little bit ago. I’m out blasting around on a boat (ok a little boat but hey) and getting a paycheck. I’ll take that! :yes:

20 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

What?  No lights and siren?   No thanks!  :grin:

I drew the line here, flat out refused to wear it! :classic_angry:

image.thumb.jpeg.46fe03a8f3f5aec90c59c3fc95ef2202.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 6/30/2022 at 12:29 AM, roadscholar said:

Spotted this outside tonight, maybe they’re regulars. :)

image.thumb.jpeg.3b4e4e7d322dc5df2eda790616aa6632.jpeg

And in Alabama Colors!  WOW!

• Like 1
On 7/11/2022 at 9:20 AM, TEWKS said:

I had to balance a wow that’s cool with a why weren’t you wearing your face mask, and on air! 

Particulates and noxious vapor bad!

This message sponsored by your friendly neighborhood safety nazi...

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

This message sponsored by your friendly neighborhood safety nazi...

I'm glad you are not in my neighborhood.

I'm the Reason You Have Safety Briefs T-Shirt

• Haha 1
roadscholar
3 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

Still thinking that's the best-looking Boxster I've seen!

Thanks John, I hadn’t had it out it in 4-5 months and was telling Molly how much I enjoy driving it even in a straight line (like down A1A). It’s forte are the curves though, the steering is so precise it feels almost telepathic. 

• Like 1

My neighbor is a Corvette guy, but ended up with a nice Boxster that he got for a great price. He said the biggest impression was the handling, so much smarter than the old Vettes he's had. Kept it for 3 years (about average for him), had no problems with it, but felt it was too nice for him, and bought a '71 Vette with a 454 and factory knock-off wheels. Certainly not as precise as the Porsche was, but he has a lot of fun with it. He just doesn't drive hard enough to appreciate the Porsche handling.

Getting a late start on hitting the twisties

E2E6B0AB-E5C7-48AA-BF22-AC6C950F8F14.thumb.jpeg.9a86a1ae3ca1986ba87176bb56b8b78a.jpeg

I love rural living. 3 mile round trip 

374E80CC-5B31-4F2B-8084-04B941629AAA.thumb.jpeg.b918c31612cd9b25cde89cc07d4f0293.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wife and I were just pulling out in the car when you were taking the outdoor snap. We did take out for us and 2 of her sisters. Too late to holler at ya.

Cheers

• Smile 1

Spyder got the lunch ride so the GS got the nod after dinner. Only fair. :classic_biggrin: Still running some Georgia dirt on her. :spittake:

image.thumb.jpeg.31a3dd9bba11668281664dffadb54077.jpeg

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Still running some Georgia dirt on her. :spittake:

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but we call it red clay.   :whistle:

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but we call it red clay.   :whistle:

Prolly calls them peecans and crayfish instead of puhcahns and crawfish too:dontknow:

"Use Ya Blinkah" - Appealing to the Lowest Common Denominator | Some ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
roadscholar
10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

3F9FF3ED-99AF-40A5-965C-663B23513E06.jpeg

2EAE2935-7AD5-4EA2-9CE2-C8F304E2FAA9.jpeg

Years ago I was on the Mass Pike and stopped at a McD's in the service plaza for a quick lunch. To my surprise they had lobster roll on the menu so I got one, not sure what I expected but it fell short of whatever that might've been : )  Had to try it though 'cause I love lobsta, you know you're lucky to have places like that.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

95 degrees with 68% humidity today in Tewksbury. A little feel of the south up north I think. No gym tonight, I was actually bummed, well I did get over it pretty quickly. :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

95 degrees with 68% humidity today in Tewksbury. A little feel of the south up north I think. No gym tonight, I was actually bummed, well I did get over it pretty quickly. :classic_biggrin:

I read, and agree, train for the environment that you need.  Meaning, if you are going to be running a marathon in South Florida, don't utilize the treadmill in the air conditioned gym.  If you need to lift heavy things in a burning house, don't lift heavy things in an air conditioned environment;)  I know many of the boxes are open air gyms, so maybe that's the one you were skipping.

Last week, Sunday, I'm still working on little odd parts of that greenhouse.  My wife comes around, it's about 1600 or so, she's drenched in sweat (I'm ok with that), but she's got fresh dirt on her face.  She says, "I think we sweat more than most".  She'd just been digging holes for more stuff to plant.  I don't know what the temps/humidity were that day, it was warm and wet, but we don't go in the house 'cept to fix lunch of which we eat outside and tinkle (sometimes I just tinkle outside, she always goes inside).  My next door neighbor daughter doesn't see how we are able to stay the day outside in the heat.  "embrace the suck" was a phrase I was recently reminded of.

• Like 2

Yeah, the instructor called it off, like you said open air garage bay basically. I was set to go, and I guess I could of walked a few miles but the couch and AC won out. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

Pat,when it’s 95 with 95% humidity, then your living down south. When your from the north, it takes a while to acclimate. Seems it doesn’t bother the locals a bit. In fact I think they rather enjoy it 😀

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Pat,when it’s 95 with 95% humidity, then your living down south. When your from the north, it takes a while to acclimate. Seems it doesn’t bother the locals a bit. In fact I think they rather enjoy it 😀

Ya, when stationed in Agony, Ga (Albany), I was in charge of the pistol range.  Three weeks out of the month (range was only active one week a month), nothing to do, nada, zilch, so, I ran, twice a day at about 1000 and 1500ish......and I really, really hate running, but I like getting that gooey sloppy sweat worked up.  August, July, January, didn't matter the month, but August and July were nice and humid.

Squealing toilet? There’s a rubber bladder / O ring that gets all plugged up under where the arrow is pointing. Easy fix, much cheaper than a plumber as in no cost. :thumbsup: See, it’s not all fun and games, and motorcycles. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.e271d9bf261586c2b2e9fe7e604c8c2e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, s**t!!  Good tip.  You gotta love fireman that really knows his plumbing!

• Haha 1

Helps when your father was a plumber, and you work with a plumber, toss in YouTube. And, you’re a cheap SOB. :rofl:

• Smile 1

Where’s 5th gear? :dopeslap: E-1, I don’t drive it often enough (especially on the highway) but 55 MPH seems excessively slow. I will need to research this. Taking it in for a PM.

image.thumb.jpeg.601d782be575fdec686600ba4b4f14e8.jpeg

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 7/23/2022 at 7:31 PM, TEWKS said:

Had to stop for a P break. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.0c0360ecd85fb6a60c254b22c84f4e91.jpeg

I'm imagining your sidestand sinking into soft dirt, followed by your GS falling downslope and sliding in the water, ending up in a position from which it's really difficult to upright...

• Haha 2