IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

So, I really can’t teach her the ins & outs of basketball (throw it and get it in the hoop) :dontknow: but I’ve got years of experience pressure washing dirty dirt bikes. Just passing on the knowledge. :classic_biggrin:

I had to drive to historic Concord Ma. to claim it but, how’s FREE sound? :yes:
image.thumb.jpeg.2524ac9174cc823cef0e9b0eaf657c1f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1

I like this pic, it makes it look like I'm in the lead,........well, I was, sort of,.....of this pack ;)  That was a 30k race. " The previous year I did it in 1:20, this one I did in :43"

Thats a great time, I am now 75 and my best time this year was 20 miles in 58 min. I used to be fast, now I am halfast! :18:

• Smile 2
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Made the world a little less green today. 

image.thumb.jpeg.57bf394ec5a77cf36463326d607f1d69.jpeg

This was yesterday actually, but kinda funny. Not sure why it went out of focus when the winch skipped. :dontknow: Now I have to go clean up the mess.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This was yesterday actually, but kinda funny. Not sure why it went out of focus when the winch skipped. :dontknow: Now I have to go clean up the mess.

“Maybe I should back it up more?”

Smart kid:thumbsup:

Glad it’s down.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Preparing for the front side siding adventure 6DC805BE-3BC3-410F-B849-C2407BB257CB.thumb.jpeg.d47b381497391dbb5767f604f5b2d85a.jpeg

I hoping the bottom section of that scaffolding………

7 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

I hoping the bottom section of that scaffolding………

Its all scaffolding, the bottom center is only connected by the top section,.....its stable enough.

I gotta use scaffolding here, can't get the kitchen rack to fit and stacking paint cans under ladders is difficult too;)

Looks like you could rig up some danger and cut that big limb (in the left of the photo) if the scaffolding isn’t exciting enough. :dontknow: Getting comfortable with the saw (as in too) and had a cut log smash against my shin yesterday. Time to slow it down a bit.

46 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Looks like you could rig up some danger and cut that big limb (in the left of the photo) if the scaffolding isn’t exciting enough. :dontknow: Getting comfortable with the saw (as in too) and had a cut log smash against my shin yesterday. Time to slow it down a bit.

Ya, we kinda want that limb cut out.  Oak is mighty old and that limb gives a bit too much weight toward the house.  'Tis too high for me to handle it (same height as when I put the ladder on the roof of the truck), so gonna have to hire some local rednecks to do the job.

My daughter's place has these damn willow oaks that keep drooping branches (ugh), they're low enough that I'll probably put the ladder in the bucket of the tractor and whack some down.  Some branches, gotta reach overhead with one hand holding the chainsaw,......always fun doing that 'specially at the top of a ladder.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Just finished installing under-cabinet lights for my keyboard tray.

Before:

PXL_20221015_015019896.thumb.jpg.60e721c82afc61083732f643fc709f5a.jpg

After:

PXL_20221015_015021386.thumb.jpg.a7d82de232567abf66d4fd2840b0c837.jpg

On the plus side, now I can clearly see the function keys on the top row of the keyboard.

On the minus side, now I can clearly see that my mouse pad is disgusting.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Gave the Kid a little more line this time. Safety first! :classic_biggrin:

I sure hope so because you scared her to death the last time : )

• Haha 1

Speaking of fear. A local guy does this haunted house that is unbelievable. Months of preparation every year, awesome job. :thumbsup:

4B094AA7-EFF3-423F-8799-69DBEC1893B8.jpeg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Blood Films.  How appropriate.   

Remember doing this as a kid using a flashlight? “Oh wow I can see my blood”! :classic_ohmy:

image.jpeg.845b8c0589c4c346f10818ff2d33e924.jpeg

The title and credits frame is a picture of my fingertip with the flash on. ;)

• Smile 1
39 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Started putting the siding on the front yesterday and continued today

1E4DE425-F3E2-4A27-9707-02F2E9B64270.jpeg

B7BFF1A5-65A6-4B78-916E-01A9DC8353EE.jpeg

6F25C686-533E-4293-9533-7F252E8BBD3A.jpeg

Put the camera down & get up there and help out!!!!!:grin:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Put the camera down & get up there and help out!!!!!:grin:

whateva!!  Shes more than capable to handle this. EBDDC9AE-51C0-4094-B818-50D10F064816.thumb.jpeg.c2edd6f45cd68d7e97910291edc4e5b6.jpeg

Got the front done, then continued to this side

F9253B71-0C5C-4FC4-A9BB-0ABE8A3D4DE1.thumb.jpeg.25f827128963d1f25dfff079a66e3834.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

whateva!!  Shes more than capable to handle this

Just admit it Roug. She's better with a nail gun and the smart end of a tape than you are.   :grin:

14 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Just admit it Roug. She's better with a nail gun and the smart end of a tape than you are.   :grin:

No doubt.  While the gun she's holding is "ours", years ago, I come home to her doing a project and she's got a complete nail gun set that she went out and purchased.

At our previous house, one of our neighbors saw me using one of her nail guns.  He asks if he can borrow my nail gun for a project,....I says "you gotta as the wife, it's her nail guns".  He was shocked,.....a sorta older fellow that doesn't much expect a woman to work with tools..........I couldn't have a woman that didn't know her way around a table saw.

Anyway, she's much gooder at the measuring than I am.........if she's got her readers on;)

• Like 2

Everybody is better than I am with tape measures.  It does not seem to matter which brand I buy, they are all made of elastic, and the measurements change from initial reading to the cut piece installation. 

• Smile 1
2 minutes ago, Darbarian said:

Everybody is better than I am with tape measures.  It does not seem to matter which brand I buy, they are all made of elastic, and the measurements change from initial reading to the cut piece installation. 

It’s an Armenian thing.

Larry Kachadourian 

• Haha 1

Roug...looking good.  Thats a heck of a project you and the Mrs doing.  I kind of like that Gatlin nailgun she has.  Suspect you better not make her mad while it's loaded.

• Smile 1

Well, there's her steel tape and there's my steel tape

Sometimes the tape measure lies. : valkyrae

Roug...looking good.  Thats a heck of a project you and the Mrs doing.  I kind of like that Gatlin nailgun she has.  Suspect you better not make her mad while it's loaded.

Ya, the gun is set to just hold the trigger and hit the siding to shoot one out........it'll likely be for sale in the near future;) 

We started last year, and it's getting to the end.  We either need to find someone to do the last part due to the height or find some additional scaffolding.

From an initial estimate on just a portion of the house, it looks like we're saving 'bout 12-16k in labor.  We're also updating the windows to more energy efficient ones and foaming in plenty of gaps.  

I gotta come to work to actually relax!!

On 10/31/2022 at 12:15 PM, TEWKS said:

Nice cracking sound with this one.

Going to have to start calling you Stumpy. 

I’m liking the higher placement of the tug rope (more leverage). 

• Haha 1