IGNORED

FART 2014 - OCT 2-5 - Maggie Valley NC

TyTass

Nice n Easy Rider

While there I looked at (and sat on) the 2014 RT. The low seat that comes standard would be great for being able to flat-foot the stops but even if the pegs were lowered there would be too much bend in my aching knees. Checked with the staff and you can order a higher seat that will allow almost 3 more inches if set on the highest setting. Might have to swing by there again when the 2015s start arriving. I really like the blue/graphite grey color scheme on the 2015 model. By next year I'll have 8 years on my 2007 so if I were to get a 2015 and put 8 years on it I'll be 75 yo. I guess I could decide then what to do next.

Anyhow, something for me to consider over the winter.

Wait till you ride one, then you will have even more things to think off, just ask Highway41. :wave:

I think that's why I didn't do a test ride. Not sure what the wife would say if I arrived home with the two new tires I told her I was getting attached to a brand new bike. :grin:

While there I looked at (and sat on) the 2014 RT. The low seat that comes standard would be great for being able to flat-foot the stops but even if the pegs were lowered there would be too much bend in my aching knees. Checked with the staff and you can order a higher seat that will allow almost 3 more inches if set on the highest setting. Might have to swing by there again when the 2015s start arriving. I really like the blue/graphite grey color scheme on the 2015 model. By next year I'll have 8 years on my 2007 so if I were to get a 2015 and put 8 years on it I'll be 75 yo. I guess I could decide then what to do next.

Anyhow, something for me to consider over the winter.

Wait till you ride one, then you will have even more things to think off, just ask Highway41. :wave:

I think that's why I didn't do a test ride. Not sure what the wife would say if I arrived home with the two new tires I told her I was getting attached to a brand new bike. :grin:

Well you wouldn't be dishonest. You would have two new tires.

As of now......I'm IN!

Should show up Wed or Thurs depending on work and weather

Wow! Glad to hear it. I presume you're flying solo, with Danielle watching the kids, and rooming with someone? Or could you guys make arrangements and you both are coming down?

As of now......I'm IN!

Wow! Glad to hear it. I presume you're flying solo, with Danielle watching the kids, and rooming with someone? Or could you guys make arrangements and you both are coming down?

Translated: Please bring Danielle. She is a lot more fun to talk to than you...... putz :D:dopeslap::rofl:

As of now......I'm IN!

Translated: Please bring Danielle. She is a lot more fun to talk to than you...... putz :D:dopeslap::rofl:

I would NEVER say such a thing! :cry:

Yeah, right!

I thought you'd said at B5Q that Kay would be out. Well, tell her she'll be missed and that we'd previously resinged ourselves to being stuck with the lesser half of your team! ;):rofl:

Hey, I was on the list posted 9/10, but fell off the one posted yesterday.

Am I supposed to be taking a hint?? :(

Edit: I see you moved me to a special little section. :thumbsup:

Edit: I see you moved me to a special little section. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I did that just so folks at the Inn would know that some folks arent staying at the Inn. That way, they won't think you all left or will be likely to forget about you. That said, it wouldn't be a good idea to assume someone's going to come get you, either. :P We're not THAT nice a group! :rofl:

Meet up for pre- and post-ride activities will almost always be at the Inn ... except for when it isn't. :S

Fall Season decorations and great riding await us in just a few weeks!

I am so excited I am already here. Well I was actually doing some Appalachian Riding Tour of my own today on my way back from Alabama and thought I would stop by and share with all.

It seems that I must also share Good News to whomever wants a room at Jonathan Creek Inn (whether on the fence or have lodging elsewhere, but want to be at main venue, etc.). "Bad news" is I have a must do list that needs attending to back in Bama that weekend/following week. At best, I could come in Friday (late-dinner, beverages, and overnight), do breakfast and coffee, then do some riding with whoever is inclined to head a bit west. I'd breakaway at some point and keep going. However, it would probably be better if I offered up my room reservations for both nights rather than one, proving greater utility to someone looking for reservations. I might still be able to ride early on Saturday morning, catch breakfast/coffee, meet and greet other, ride with a few as I eventually head west. It is 288 miles from where I live in Carolina to JCI in Maggie Valley. You would think my engine would be warmed up by then!

image_zps56866d0d.jpg

image_zps21c76aff.jpg

Follow-up to above post (Jonathan Creek Inn). It was long and perhaps lost in the details is I am offering up my room reservations for Saturday, 10/4 and perhaps also for Friday, 10/3. I must cancel by this Thursday, 9/18, and will do so depending on demand. Room type is Creekside with Backdoor (downstairs), $103.50 is the rate.

Please PM me with your interest. I will offer direct contact info in response to your PM to expedite process.

Again, I am OUT for full-FART experience this time. However, will try to pop-up for meet and greet (breakfast/coffee thing you may have) and possibly a little riding with some on my way back to Bama, either Friday or Saturday morning. Saturday most likely.

Thank you,

Chris

Follow-up to above post (Jonathan Creek Inn). It was long and perhaps lost in the details is I am offering up my room reservations for Saturday, 10/4 and perhaps also for Friday, 10/3. I must cancel by this Thursday, 9/18, and will do so depending on demand. Room type is Creekside with Backdoor (downstairs), $103.50 is the rate.

Please PM me with your interest. I will offer direct contact info in response to your PM to expedite process.

Again, I am OUT for full-FART experience this time. However, will try to pop-up for meet and greet (breakfast/coffee thing you may have) and possibly a little riding with some on my way back to Bama, either Friday or Saturday morning. Saturday most likely.

Thank you,

Chris

I don't want to tell you what to do, but I will let you know it's not really beneficial to hold on to your room and find a replacement BEFORE the 15-day cancellation window has started. If you call JCI and cancel your room it will be immediately available to anyone in our group at the contracted rates. JCI told me yesterday they still have rooms available and have extended our rates to allow for late comers. However, after the 15-day window has started you will need to get someone to assume your reservation so as not to incur a loss of $$$.

Sorry you won't be able to ride or hang with us much. As far as morning meet & greet, we are notorious for having varied start time in the am. Folks leave for day rides anywhere from 600-ish to 9:30 or even 10:00-ish. Some folks eat breakfast on the road and others go across the street to Joey's (which is fantastic btw). So, hooking up with folks in the am is pretty hit and miss.

Whatever time you get there, just come and hang out in the parking lot and find some folks heading over to Joey's.

Last point ... definitely keep us in mind for START in the Spring.

I called Jonathan Creek Inn to cancel yesterday, so an upper room facing the creek should be available Oct 1-4, if they haven't rented it yet.

As far as I know, the kidney stone is still in there, although by drinking copious amounts of fluids (~3 liters a day), I haven't needed to resort to painkillers.

Our 14-year old refrigerator died Monday. The good news is that the new one will have freezer on the bottom and will probably use $50 less energy per year. Cleaning out the old fridge, the rule of thumb is, if it doesn't have an expiration date, and you can't remember when you bought it, toss.

Not having the greatest September, but things are looking up!

Not having the greatest September, but things are looking up!

I admire your positivity Selden! :thumbsup: Hopefully you won't have as many lemons to turn into lemonade soon.

Thank you,

Chris

I don't want to tell you what to do, but I will let you know it's not really beneficial to hold on to your room and find a replacement BEFORE the 15-day cancellation window has started. If you call JCI and cancel your room it will be immediately available to anyone in our group at the contracted rates. JCI told me yesterday they still have rooms available and have extended our rates to allow for late comers. However, after the 15-day window has started you will need to get someone to assume your reservation so as not to incur a loss of $$$.

Sorry you won't be able to ride or hang with us much. As far as morning meet & greet, we are notorious for having varied start time in the am. Folks leave for day rides anywhere from 600-ish to 9:30 or even 10:00-ish. Some folks eat breakfast on the road and others go across the street to Joey's (which is fantastic btw). So, hooking up with folks in the am is pretty hit and miss.

Whatever time you get there, just come and hang out in the parking lot and find some folks heading over to Joey's.

Last point ... definitely keep us in mind for START in the Spring.

My reservations have gone to a good home to sort of speak. Another attendee was looking for the additional nights at JCI. Done.

I figured that folks riding times, breakfast, etc would be as spontaneous as it is sporadic. As to be expected with events truly centered on riding and the UNrally spirit of things. Short of the eye-opener coffee, I am typically in the camp I starting early in morning, ride to some cool breakfast spot (or simply good place to eat), followed by more rides to get to the next meal and so on. Just light snacking if the riding is too good to be interrupted.

So I will take your suggestion and just show up and introduce myself, and say hi to the stragglers or late-starters (night-owls or otherwise). Hopefully, some folks like pancakes and such. I know I'll be hungry and thirsty after riding 4+ hours to get to Maggie Valley.

START will be difficult as my April is fully booked up. That is why I was all in on FART, until now that I cannot go all in. I don't quit easy, hence my desire to show up on Saturday. WNC and to an extent Maggie Valley is on the way to where I am supposed to be heading to, so why not?!

Cheers all!

Ok. As of today I'm going to say I'm definitely maybe really possibly IN. Plans are in motion, but the way my life seems to go with three kids, a wife and owning a business I dare not say anything is for certain. But its looking positive.

Possibly be riding down with Keith (OopezoO) if it so happens that our departures mesh.

Ok. As of today I'm going to say I'm definitely maybe really possibly IN. Plans are in motion, but the way my life seems to go with three kids, a wife and owning a business I dare not say anything is for certain. But its looking positive.

Possibly be riding down with Keith (OopezoO) if it so happens that our departures mesh.

If not, I'll make sure to text you lots of beautiful scenery pictures and full plates of southern BBQ while you sit at home and wonder what could have been. :grin:

START will be difficult as my April is fully booked up. That is why I was all in on FART, until now that I cannot go all in. I don't quit easy, hence my desire to show up on Saturday. WNC and to an extent Maggie Valley is on the way to where I am supposed to be heading to, so why not?!

Well, life happens, so I'm glad you don't quit easily. There's always next year as well as B5Q at Snowshoe WV in August. I'll look for you on Saturday at least to put a face to the name.

If not, I'll make sure to text you lots of beautiful scenery pictures and full plates of southern BBQ while you sit at home and wonder what could have been. :grin:

I love it! :rofl:

I'd like to point out that the two of you were my very first two friends from bmwst.com back in 2006. We've been through rides, death defying near crashes (Tytass-still one of the most awesome skill/luck things i've ever witnessed), marriages (both of your wives are OBVIOUSLY the better half) babies being born in two of our families...And through it all... you guys are DICKS! :wave:

I'd like to point out that the two of you were my very first two friends from bmwst.com back in 2006. We've been through rides, death defying near crashes (Tytass-still one of the most awesome skill/luck things i've ever witnessed), marriages (both of your wives are OBVIOUSLY the better half) babies being born in two of our families...And through it all... you guys are DICKS! :wave:

What else are friends for. :wave:

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think! :rofl:

>> Hopefully you won't have as many lemons to turn into lemonade soon.

Speaking of lemons, drink plenty of lemon juice to help break up the kidney stones.

Been there, done that .... twice so far.

Jim

... death defying near crashes (Tytass-still one of the most awesome skill/luck things i've ever witnessed) ...

If that's the case ... then you need to get around more! :rofl:

I for one am deeply moved by this heartfelt exchange.

I for one am deeply moved by this heartfelt exchange.

:thumbsup:

Anyone still on the fence that needs a deluxe(standard) room with a king bed, one just became available. I am ditching the wife for the weekend and picked up a new roommate. And while I like Glenn, I don't like him that much. So, I switched to a room with 2 beds. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Since it has already been referenced above, IN.

You da Man! I knew you'd make it!

Ok, I'm moving to a "most likely probably IN!" Things are lookin' up.

You're most likely probably da Man!

Absolutely, positively out. Outpatient uteroscopy and laser lithotripsy tomorrow. Launch photon torpedoes!

ureteroscope-600.jpg

Que the music!

Everybody must get stoned!

Hope it provides the solution to your problem.

Of course, when they are done you will be known as "Rock Star" Selden. :grin::clap::wave:

my job search is going well, I would like to move up to "trying to squeeze it IN" :-)

Glad to hear it Randy, on both counts! :thumbsup:

+1

And I'll move you up on the next update.

Yup..I'm NEEDING this gathering.

Do we have a Cigar group? I'm planning to pack my travel box..I'll have a couple extra's to share. I probably still owe Keith a cigar from a couple years ago.

Becky and I are going- have a room with the rest of you despite last minute move.

We're arriving Ths, probably mid afternoon.

Not sure what bikes we're taking- maybe the F800GTs or maybe I'll do my RT or K1200GT if its warmer.

The F800GT is a substantial crotch roaster and awaits my ministrations to drop its water temp by 20-25 degrees so it becomes summer rideable- too busy with other stuff to get to it this summer. The idea is to modify the thermostat as there is no low temp one available- or just remove it.

It is not rideable in hot weather stock IMO so I've been using a Honda Transalp in its place since July.

Becky and I are going- have a room with the rest of you despite last minute move.

We're arriving Ths, probably mid afternoon.

It'll be great seeing you guys again! So glad you could make it.

changing the thread name back.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed it had changed.

When you replied to racer7 is changed to "Another addition"

Craig, try and keep it together, OK?

Archived