IGNORED

FART 2014 - OCT 2-5 - Maggie Valley NC

TyTass

Well, since we're finally talking my language (beer)....

Sierra Nevada is finishing construction on their new brewery located in Mills River NC, within easy riding distance of Maggie Valley.

They are currently conducting Hard Hat Tours of the new facility, which is close to opening. They recommend scheduling a time slot to do the visit, anybody interested?

I could be persuaded. I love the breweries.

Well if you guys aren't drinking beer, I won't either.

Sierra Nevada sucks as bad as canadian beer, eh?

Any recommendations of a good place to tent camp for the FART 2014?

HillBilly Campground is just down the road. Several folks are planning to stay there.

To Aeroflow or Not to Aeroflow..That is the question? I can't decide. Currently I've got the stock windscreen on the GS. Now i'm torn. I've got about an 8-10 hour ride to and from the FART. While I plan to do some off-road while there and the Aeroflow isn't exactly on offroad set up. I'm wondering if the "comfort" benefits of it on the to/from outweigh the little bit of off road.

Say, you wouldn't happen to be bringing a few of your Hefe's, would you? Yours are sooooo good! I'd gladly pay you later for a Hefe today!

Why yes, I will be. :)

Would you put me down for one of those Hefe's!

Hi, last minute addition here, also staying at the Inn. Have not been on the Board in a while, I am a good friend of 'marcopolo'. Looking forward to rekindling the two wheel spirit! Thanks....

Rod Monette (L Rider)

Toronto

Woo hoo! We have a Canadian contingent coming! :clap:

That's right, eh? In fact three of us are meeting up in Front Royal on Wednesday morning (Rod, me and Endobobdds from D.C.). So there's no confusion, Bob from D.C. is not a Canadian, but we might make him an honourary citizen for the ride down and back.

Hi, last minute addition here, also staying at the Inn. Have not been on the Board in a while, I am a good friend of 'marcopolo'. Looking forward to rekindling the two wheel spirit! Thanks....

Rod Monette (L Rider)

Toronto

Rod,

Any friend of Mark is ... well ... to be quite honest, any friend of Mark is someone to be suspicious of! (Hi Mark :wave:).

Kidding aside, looking forward to meeting another friendly person from the GWN! Which day are you arriving?

Any recommendations of a good place to tent camp for the FART 2014?
Let us know if you're joining in. We all obviously highly recommend you consider joining in. In fact, just go ahead and do it and stop thinking about it so much already ;-)

Rod Monette (L Rider)

Toronto

Rod,

Any friend of Mark is ... well ... to be quite honest, any friend of Mark is someone to be suspicious of! (Hi Mark :wave:).

Kidding aside, looking forward to meeting another friendly person from the GWN! Which day are you arriving?

Craig, all three of us, Rod included are arriving Wednesday. By the way, I warned him to be wary of you.

Hi, arriving Wednesday, and looking forward to it!! :wave:

Rod Monette (L Rider)

Toronto

Rod,

Rod Monette (L Rider)

Toronto

Rod,

Craig, all three of us, Rod included are arriving Wednesday. By the way, I warned him to be wary of you.

Probably a wise move on your part.

Well, either Alzheimers is setting in or I'm still hung over from a night of sharing 3 great Pinot Noirs with some old friends, but I can't recall your wife's name, Mark. I presume she is the third in your group arriving Wed?

That's right, eh? In fact three of us are meeting up in Front Royal on Wednesday morning (Rod, me and Endobobdds from D.C.). So there's no confusion, Bob from D.C. is not a Canadian, but we might make him an honourary citizen for the ride down and back.

I would try to get to know him really well before you bestow any honors. :grin:

Rod Monette (L Rider)

Toronto

Rod,

Oops! Never mind! Well, either Alzheimers is setting in or I'm still hung over from a night of sharing 3 great Pinot Noirs with some old friends, but I can't recall your wife's name, Mark. I presume she is the third in your group arriving Wed?

I would try to get to know him really well before you bestow any honors. :grin:

That not funny! :cry::grin:

Rod Monette (L Rider)

Toronto

Rod,

Well, either Alzheimers is setting in or I'm still hung over from a night of sharing 3 great Pinot Noirs with some old friends, but I can't recall your wife's name, Mark. I presume she is the third in your group arriving Wed?

No, you're right, it is the Pinot. I'm riding down with Rod and Bob Smyth (Endobobdds). We're all meeting up in Front Royal Wednesday morning, then riding south (Rod from Toronto, Bob from D.C. and me, from Alexandria).

Hey Ken,

If you have any leftover START 2014 stickers would you bring one. I lost mine and I want to continue my collection. Thanks

Ron

If you have two of them, I'd like one too. I left on Saturday before I could get one.

Hey Ken,

If you have any leftover START 2014 stickers would you bring one. I lost mine and I want to continue my collection. Thanks

Ron

If you have two of them, I'd like one too. I left on Saturday before I could get one.

I think I have some. at least they don't stink like old FARTs do.

Hey Ken,

Ron

Will FART stickers be available as we meet for FARTing?

Still planning on showing up Saturday morning. Early enough for coffee, breakfast for some. Look forward to some riding. Maybe even staying Saturday evening. Ride time decision on that. Life happens as we all know.

Cheers!

Still planning on showing up Saturday morning. Early enough for coffee, breakfast for some. Look forward to some riding. Maybe even staying Saturday evening. Ride time decision on that. Life happens as we all know.

Cheers!

I know you've got things to do ... but ya gotta enjoy life too, right?

Hey Ken,

Ron

Yes, I will have stickers for our FART. I usually hand them out on Saturday night at the dinner, but we may be more scattered this year since we're going to Oktoberfest.

I'll have them on my bike in the parking lot, so just see me at some point over hte weekend.

I'll be easy to spot...just look for the guy holding a bourbon in one hand and a cigar in the other :dopeslap:

What was the name of that game show where 3 people said they were a particular person and the participants had to guess which one was truthful?

Probably the last update. A great crowd, though a few regulars will be missed.

FOR SOME OF THE LUCKIER FOLKS< ONLY THREE DAYS REMAINING!

i-bJ8X7q7-XL.png

It's for sure, I won't be there. I got through the first week without being selected but wasn't dismissed from the pool so I've got another week left. Everyone have a great time and I will see you all in the Spring.

It's for sure, I won't be there. I got through the first week without being selected but wasn't dismissed from the pool so I've got another week left. Everyone have a great time and I will see you all in the Spring.

Well that's unfortunate!

Just a reminder that FART is happening on the 1st weekend of Leaf Peeper season. If you plan to ride the BRP, especially around Asheville, I would suggest doing it Thursday or Friday rather than Saturday or Sunday.

After 10:00 it can be dangerous and boring all at the same time :P

The stars are aligning for a Wednesday arrival for me....maybe I'll catch Bernie along the way :thumbsup:

The stars are aligning for a Wednesday arrival for me....maybe I'll catch Bernie along the way :thumbsup:

:clap:

Hope you don't have to wait too long. :dopeslap:

Come on Wednesday morning. :wave:

Hey Ken,

Ron

Yes, I will have stickers for our FART. I usually hand them out on Saturday night at the dinner, but we may be more scattered this year since we're going to Oktoberfest.

I'll have them on my bike in the parking lot, so just see me at some point over hte weekend.

I'll be easy to spot...just look for the guy holding a bourbon in one hand and a cigar in the other :dopeslap:

What was the name of that game show where 3 people said they were a particular person and the participants had to guess which one was truthful?

To Tell The Truth

you might have to be more specific. :grin:

We may just have to play "To Tell The Truth" with the newcomers...it could be quite amusing...Hi, I'm Marty Hill :rofl:

Mark -

I'll add to the Canadian contingent on Thursday night when I arrive. We have to stick together, especially when there are people like Matt out there making fun of our beer......

We may just have to play "To Tell The Truth" with the newcomers...it could be quite amusing...Hi, I'm Marty Hill :rofl:

Fortunately I met you a couple years ago so I'll find you. Hmmm funny, you were holding a cigar and a bourbon at the time. Hello, I'm Marty Hill.

Yes it sucks. I am planning to make a Sunday to Wed. Solo trip up to Suches the first weekend of November as a reward for doing my duty. Won't be as much fun as watching all of you but will suffice until Spring.

But you will escape the trauma of watching the motley crew.

There's folks that would pay quite a pretty penny to watch the escapades of this group...

I think they are called Sociologists...

But you will escape the trauma of watching the motley crew.

There's folks that would pay quite a pretty penny to watch the escapades of this group...

I think they are called Sociologists...

It would be best as a Reality TV show so Sociologists could study us and the effects we have on those who dare to watch. :dopeslap:

Ahhh, the Russian nesting doll theory of sociology; gotta love the conundrum. What is that theory of the empirical method that talks about the effect that the subjects have on those doing the watching?

And what if those doing the watching are flora? Of course, that implies sentience on the part of plants (and I don't want to get into a Zappa "Call any vegetable, people" digression, so I'll stick with the inverse and just provide a link to the current FART fall foliage forecast, which is looking pretty good right now... http://www.romanticasheville.com/fall.htm

By the remarks and posts I can tell it is getting time for (a) FART. Come on Wednesday morning. :wave:

Are you trying to say that the pressure is building?

baked-HWx8Qk-beans.jpg

And what if those doing the watching are flora? Of course, that implies sentience on the part of plants (and I don't want to get into a Zappa "Call any vegetable, people" digression, so I'll stick with the inverse and just provide a link to the current FART fall foliage forecast, which is looking pretty good right now... http://www.romanticasheville.com/fall.htm

Uhh, someone needs to ride their motorcycle.... ;)

Archived