IGNORED

FART 2014 - OCT 2-5 - Maggie Valley NC

TyTass

That and some decent BBQ, I could really use some decent BBQ (that I don't have to smoke myself).

Did someone say.....BBQ? :D

20140314_193718-XL.jpg

When, where, I am ready.

Seriously? The Miller Lite tent at an Oktoberfest?

:dopeslap:

I was hoping for some decent beer but I guess this is Maggie Valley.....

The local big boy distributors have all the money for those kind of events.

That and some decent BBQ, I could really use some decent BBQ (that I don't have to smoke myself).

20140314_193718-XL.jpg

When, where, I am ready.

I agree with Bernie! I was going to say I'm with Bernie, but there's not a chance in h e double hockey sticks I could keep up with him. Or Shawn. Or Keith either. :rofl:

Oh heck, just give me the GPS coordinates and we can compare notes when I get back to the JCI. :thumbsup:

20140314_193718-XL.jpg

When, where, I am ready.

This Saturday there is a BBQ gathering here: Secret BBQ Gathering :grin:

You can be certain more BBQ pics are going to get posted soon . . .

OMG - you guys are killin me... BBQ, craft beer, everything in walking distance....

ARE WE THERE YET?!?!?!?!?!

Keith and I are leaving Thursday the 2nd!!!

Oh, and I will bring the Makers Mark. :wave:

I will be adding a 12 y.o. small batch Elijah Craig to the bourbon pot. :thumbsup:

I will bring some coffee. :dopeslap:

I think I'm getting a clue as to the reason most of our crowd doesn't leave the parking lot as early as Bernie :rofl:

I think I'm getting a clue as to the reason most of our crowd doesn't leave the parking lot as early as Bernie :rofl:

Your just getting this? I think he's the only guy besides Marty that gets a Christmas card from Juan Valdez. ;)

Your just getting this? I think he's the only guy besides Marty that gets a Christmas card from Juan Valdez. ;)

Blame my kids, they are the ones giving me Starbucks cards. :)

And no matter how early I leave, Kinsley will always get there before me.

Coffee is good for you....I hope! :dopeslap:

PS/see you characters friday afternoon. :wave:

For those that are new to FART and have only read this particular thread's last 7 pages of posts - Octoberfest, cigar's, BBQ, and KY/TN's best liquid refreshments are only a part of this great BMWST event. :)

Some of us actually do take long motorcycle rides between the sharing of a very special fellowship! :thumbsup:

Next week at this time I will be in Maggie Valley! :clap:

Hey! I have that movie on DVD....

First my sandwich, now you make fun of my country's beer? And you wonder why I don't share my Maker's Mark with you....

:rofl:

First my sandwich, now you make fun of my country's beer? And you wonder why I don't share my Maker's Mark with you....

Well, make sure you lock your room, everyone knows Matt is hard to control when he smells Marker's Mark. As for Canadian beer, I ain't got a clue, didn't even know they made there own.

For those that are new to FART and have only read this particular thread's last 7 pages of posts - Octoberfest, cigar's, BBQ, and KY/TN's best liquid refreshments are only a part of this great BMWST event. :)

Some of us actually do take long motorcycle rides between the sharing of a very special fellowship! :thumbsup:

See you Wednesday night. :wave:

We're like a biker gang with good taste and bikes that you ride and not just polish to look at.

1 week from now I'll be getting on the road! Come on next Thursday!

I'm spending next Wednesday night at the Mayberry Motor Inn in Mount Airy so I can get up Thursday AM and take a scenic twisty way down to the event. Only a week to go!!

Mount Airy to Maggie Valley

Hey Scott,

You've got some really good roads in there but a few could be replaced with some exciting alternatives. Do you have a GPS? If so I'll send you an alternative with a quite a few more curves and scenery. If not, I'll try to put a Google Map together and send that instead.

Blind Squirrel
I'm spending next Wednesday night at the Mayberry Motor Inn in Mount Airy so I can get up Thursday AM and take a scenic twisty way down to the event. Only a week to go!!

Mount Airy to Maggie Valley

Hey Scott,

You've got some really good roads in there but a few could be replaced with some exciting alternatives. Do you have a GPS? If so I'll send you an alternative with a quite a few more curves and scenery. If not, I'll try to put a Google Map together and send that instead.

I have a NAV IV. :D

And here, I just thought you might be, um, "thriftier" than the typical BMW rider...

I know most of us are familiar with the area, but for those that are not I just wanted to offer a reminder that this time of year with the weather that comes in and out of the mountains that there is a level of caution that needs to be taken on these back mountain roads. The gravel that accumulates in the turns can be brutal and shorten a wonderful weekend before you know it. So....

1. Look for gravel

2. Dial it back coming into the turns a bit.

3. While late apexing, try to aim for the part of the road where cars travel most, or the two tracks.

4. Be a bit later on the throttle coming out of the turns.

Sorry if I sound a bit parental with this. A good friend recently went down in gravel. And he is one damned good rider.

Shawn

I was prepping the bike for an oil change when I heard a growl from my rear brakes. A quick inspection showed rear pads down to the metal DOH!! I was going to replace the rear rotor at the Fall techday but that got pushed up.

I replaced the rear rotor and brake pads. I was really surprised how easy it was. The bike is fixed and I am more than ready for a good FART~~~~~~!!!

Is it time yet!!

Alan

If I don't have to work, I'm now planning to come up on Wednesday.....just to make sure the roads are still there for you folks....oh, the sacrifices I make :rofl:

Well, I just picked up a bottle of Evan Williams, single barrel 10-year. Never tried it before ... I'll see if anyone cares to be a fuinea pig along with me.

Well, I just picked up a bottle of Evan Williams, single barrel 10-year.

To heck with you and your smelly firewater. I'm bringing HOMEBREW!! :D

Shawn

Shawn

I might still have some "shine" I could bring. We could either drink it or use it to get the brake dust off our wheels. :dopeslap:

Shawn

I might still have some "shine" I could bring. We could either drink it or use it to get the brake dust off our wheels. :dopeslap:

You could always use it as a octane booster.

Shawn

I believe that is more appropriately referred to as "Non-taxable corn product"

Danielle has spent the past 2 years brewing some awesome beer here at home. I've convinced her to bring some along. If you're nice to her, she might share some with you. She's got some IPAs, some porters, some stouts, some bourbon ales, all sorts. She's even got some mead that will knock your socks off. Careful with the mead. It sneaks up on you. (Don't ask me how I know)

She's got some IPAs, some porters, some stouts, some bourbon ales, all sorts. She's even got some mead that will knock your socks off. Careful with the mead. It sneaks up on you. (Don't ask me how I know)

All of that sounds good except the IPA. FOR ME, IMHO only.... IPA's are like chewing on really healthy salad without dressing. :(:dopeslap:

Shawn

She's got some IPAs, some porters, some stouts, some bourbon ales, all sorts. She's even got some mead that will knock your socks off. Careful with the mead. It sneaks up on you. (Don't ask me how I know)

All of that sounds good except the IPA. FOR ME, IMHO only.... IPA's are like chewing on really healthy salad without dressing. :(:dopeslap:

Shawn

Yeah, I can't drink the IPAs either. I prefer the darker beers. My favorite 2 that she's made are the Bourbon Dubbel (she used Woodford Reserve bourbon to make that), and a Chocolate Maple Porter that is just about heaven in a bottle.

Well, since we're finally talking my language (beer)....

Sierra Nevada is finishing construction on their new brewery located in Mills River NC, within easy riding distance of Maggie Valley.

They are currently conducting Hard Hat Tours of the new facility, which is close to opening. They recommend scheduling a time slot to do the visit, anybody interested?

Well, I just picked up a bottle of Evan Williams, single barrel 10-year.

Shawn

Say, you wouldn't happen to be bringing a few of your Hefe's, would you? Yours are sooooo good! I'd gladly pay you later for a Hefe today!

Say, you wouldn't happen to be bringing a few of your Hefe's, would you? Yours are sooooo good! I'd gladly pay you later for a Hefe today!

Why yes, I will be. :)

Sierra Nevada is finishing construction on their new brewery located in Mills River NC, within easy riding distance of Maggie Valley.

They are currently conducting Hard Hat Tours of the new facility, which is close to opening. They recommend scheduling a time slot to do the visit, anybody interested?

No thank you, that reminds me of work. I just finished installing one of those micro craft breweries.

I could be persuaded. I love the breweries.

Archived