IGNORED

FART 2014 - OCT 2-5 - Maggie Valley NC

TyTass

i-mFvtG2v-L.png

Ken and I invite you and your riding buddies to ...

i-bDq6DML-XL.png

What: The Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART 2014)

When: October 2nd-5th

Where:

Jonathan Creek Inn

4324 Soco Road Maggie Valley 28751

Reservations 1-800-577-7812

www.jonathancreekinn.com

GPS N35 31.089 W83 06.038

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This hotel has a limited number of rooms and a 15-day Cancelation Policy for the deposit. So, we strongly encourage that if you have to cancel your room, to first post it on this thread so others may call-in to take the room to save you from losing your deposit.

Room Descriptions and Rates:

... DELUXE (/Standard) ROOMS - Have a refrigerator, microwave, iron/board, hair dryer, alarm clock, and 25in stereo tv.

...... $58.50 Thursday $94.00 on Friday and Sat.

... CREEKSIDE ROOMS - Have the same amenities as the deluxe/standard rooms. Also have a back door to walk out onto the creek or a balcony overlooking the creekside area. Some of the creekside rooms have brand new private screened-in back porches.

....... With back door or balcony (w/o porch):

......... $81.00 on Thursday and $112.50 on Friday and Sat.

....... With Screened-in Porch:

......... $76.50 on Thursday and $121.50 on Friday and Sat.

....... With Fireplace:

......... $94.50 on Thursday and $121.50 on Friday and Sat.

... WHIRLPOOL ROOMS - Are on the creekside and have a one person lounging whirlpool tub in the bathroom area. Some include fireplaces.

....... $90.00 on Thursday and $121.50 Friday and Sat.

... HOT TUB ROOMS - Are located by the indoor heated pool. These rooms are not on the creek but offer a larger double whirlpool tub.

....... $90.00 on Thursday and $121.50 Friday and Sat.

Saturday Dinner plans will be announced and Routes will be provided much closer to the event.

Hope you all can make it!

Grandchild #2 due then.

:clap:

Maybe...

:grin:

either way, great time to be up there and beautiful setting.

Best wishes.

Craig,

Is there a date that they will be holding the block of rooms?

Good point. I seem to have left that off. Sorry.

RESERVATION CUTOFF DATE: 09/02/14

After that date, the hotel of course reserves the right to rent any unused portion of our block to other guests. However, if you reserve after that date and rooms are still avaialable, you'll get our group rate as long as you specifically mention our group:

BMWST / Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (they probably won't know FART)

Furthermore, they have a Harley Group in on Tues night - Friday morning (their checkout), so the rooms are more limited Thursday night. So reserve early.

If by the time you call there are not rooms available for Thursday night (or some other night), there are several hotels right up/down the street, very close by. But for that case, you're on your own, folks. Sorry, but we just can't cover all possible scenarios.

Cheers! Looking forward to seeing everyone; both old players and new players as well.

Reservation made (arriving Wednesday, departing Sunday). I also have a feeler out to see if there's interest in renting a "villa" (aka cabin).

That's a great idea. We looked into those when we found out about the HD group being there during the week, but we thought we'd leave those up to adventurous folk, like you.

The villa's (cabins) are really nice, and right out back ... although it's a little bit of a walk to get over the creek (maybe as much as 1/2 miles depending on which one you lease.

marcopolo
Reservation made (arriving Wednesday, departing Sunday). I also have a feeler out to see if there's interest in renting a "villa" (aka cabin).

That's a great idea. We looked into those when we found out about the HD group being there during the week, but we thought we'd leave those up to adventurous folk, like you.

The villa's (cabins) are really nice, and right out back ... although it's a little bit of a walk to get over the creek (maybe as much as 1/2 miles depending on which one you lease.

Just spoke with my potential villa roommate and we decided we'll just stick with regular rooms (so I deleted any reference to renting one in my earlier post).

Reservation made! :clap: Might be the next time I have time to ride the bike. :(

Dropped off the bike today to have my brake issue (that came up during START) diagnosed and hopefully resolved.

Got it. Well, they are out there for folks to go in on together, especially if the motel fills up quickly.

I'm going to be keeping up with a list of planned attendees in this post. There have been a couple of requests for such a thing and the Motel is willing to work with me on this.

I won't start it for a while yet, of course.

In (as long as I still have a bike). I just made a reservation for Wed. the 1st through Sunday the 5th. I was still able to get a standard room.

IN...just made reservations. Looking forward.
Excellent, John. It'll be great to see you.

Happy to have you back! We'll have to hit some other great roads ... and yes, I'll stop for pictures and bathroom breaks. I'll have Terri with me riding 2up. So, believe me, I'll be stopping. In fact, you may think we'll stop too much. ;)

greiffster

I'm trying to convince my wife, Nicol to come as well. She currently has a conflict with my daughter's soccer schedule, but we'll see. Not sure about the 2up thing, but she might bring the Mini Cooper.

IN, 2-up, Thursday through Saturday.

FYI, I just made my reservation, and there was 1 screened-in porch room left on the first floor (I grabbed the last one on the second floor).

Wifey's 39th birthday, not sure if I can take the risk!

Bring her; it can be a birthday/vacation. More women needed at these events.

Excellent. I grabbed a room with a screened in porch on the 1st floor yesterday for Terri and me.

Made my reservation, I will be looking forward to meeting all you guys.

And the same here. Too bad you didn't get in 3 weeks ago for START. "You missed us by this much."

Agent_Orange

Daymn. That's the same dates of Retired Metro Dade Firefighter's Reunion. And I go every year.

But then again, the reunion is in Dahlonega.

Might just buzz up and see y'all. :thumbsup:

Daymn. That's the same dates of Retired Metro Dade Firefighter's Reunion. And I go every year.

But then again, the reunion is in Dahlonega.

Might just buzz up and see y'all. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan! Hope to see you there.

Planning my trip, I will ride up from the FL Keys to my house near Titusville FL on Wednesday night. I will leave for NC on Thursday morning. Is there anyone else in Florida going up?

SteveHebert

Agreed. Suz'anne will be with me on this one and we will be riding quite slow and stopping a bunch. Scraping pegs and praying to Jesus on every corner is not her idea of fun. Spoil sport :)

SockMonkey

IN , once again will be rooming with Ken M. Will try to keep my performance awards to a minimum this go around.

Already planning my route...such fun...

Looking forward to seeing most of you again.

your kind of place, eh? :Cool:

Nah, its not that. My last name is Titus. Hence, the nickname of Tytass.

Agreed. Suz'anne will be with me on this one and we will be riding quite slow and stopping a bunch. Scraping pegs and praying to Jesus on every corner is not her idea of fun. Spoil sport :)

Really? Yeah, that's not Terri's idea of fun either. There must be something to that whole sitting on the back thing. ;)

Matts_12GS

Really? Yeah, that's not Terri's idea of fun either. There must be something to that whole sitting on the back thing. ;)

Or Ashley's...

I will admit that I have a little more empathy for them after I broke the drive shaft and got stuck riding with Danny.

Glenn Reed

I will admit that I have a little more empathy for them after I broke the drive shaft and got stuck riding with Danny.

:rofl:

Archived