IGNORED

FART 2014 - OCT 2-5 - Maggie Valley NC

TyTass

I came, I rode, I FARTed and I'm on the way back home. :dopeslap:

My 6 year old grandson is having surgery in St. Louis tomorrow and asked his mom if I was going to be there. Well you know what a grandparent has to do when their presence is requested.

So I turned round and headed back home.

Foot got the big bottle of Makers Mark and is supposed to be sharing it with everyone by giving the a drink and saying "That's from Marty Hill!"

You all let me know if he did or if he kept the whole bottle to himself.

Have fun.

FART a lot.

Ride Well

Bud,

Best wishes to your grandson and family. Ride well!

well the good news, I got a job. After 6 months looking the right opportunity came along. The bad news, I started Tuesday Sept 30 and just did not feel like I could take a day off my first week of work (see I will be a good employee)

so instead I am celebrating with a track day on Sunday at Talladega Grand Prix Raceway. I will see you at START next year.

Lone_RT_rider
and Yesterday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are set to be absolutely gorgeous.

The view for breakfast at the Pisgah Inn on Sunday morning should be gorgeous.

Vivat Veritas

Yes, it is rainy and lots of leaves falling from trees today. Many roads will be wet and have leaves making them extra slippery. Also, at higher elevations visibility is suspect at places.

So anyone riding in today or just out riding, please slow it down and be safe. Plenty of sun tomorrow and Sunday.

Vivat Veritas

What time are folks riding out in the morning (Saturday) and which routes? I know many of the roads here well. If someone needs a lead bike I don't mind. Let me know.

Thanks!

Tommy

Heading out in about 30 minutes. Later than anticipated. I will get there when I get there (5 hours maybe) See you this evening.

Cheers!

Hate that I'm missing this event!

I'll be there next fall, if there is one. Can someone give me an idea on participation? Number of participants, mix of bikes, mix of rider ages, etc.? Any reports would be appreciated and likely lead to extreme jealousy.

Some great football games tomorrow to take this Mississippi boy's mind off what he's missing in the mountains.

Great news!

:thumbsup:

Hey, at your age, every ride is a good one, right?

;)

For sure. And it turned out it wasn't my last one either.

Followed Foot for a few miles, was starting to wonder if I would survive. :grin:

What time are folks riding out in the morning (Saturday) and which routes? I know many of the roads here well. If someone needs a lead bike I don't mind. Let me know.

Thanks!

Tommy

Tommy,

Just show up in the parking lot of the JCI any time from 7 AM to 10AM and you might find people leaving to go ride. Nothing is very formalized or written in stone, it just sort of happens.

A fantastic time -- thanks once again to the expert planning + logistiques (not to mention abundant good cheer) of our organizers, Craig & Ken. Although sometimes it seems like this stuff just somehow magically comes together, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of grey matter and elbow grease that goes into the making of an event such as this. Hats off and a round of applause are in order, for sure.

Will

Thanks again to all who welcomed me on Friday and shared great conversation and good cheer, er, cheers at the "bar". A special thanks to Blind Squirrel and Glenn Reed for sharing some roads with me on Saturday and good eats! By all accounts a great time was had by all.

Without question our organizers, Craig and Ken, did a wonderful job. I cannot wait for the next gig you put together. I will keep an eye for the announcement for START.

Yup, another good one in the FART/START series.

But for me, a bit pricey. "Had to buy" some new Klim gear (Hi Viz) while wandering through the Asheville dealer looking for some gloves for Becky (they didn't have any that met the bill- she has since bought Held Steves and Held Cold Champs).

Aside from a chilly start, the ride back Sun was in great weather all the way to the NC coast. We did the almost 370 miles in something around 5 1/2 - light traffic all the way on mix of slab and 2 lane.

Thanks to Craig/Ken for yet another...See you again in the spring

Jennifer and I had a great time... although we didn't really get to hangout with you all enough. Saturday was a leisure ride down 276 - I went slow enough that I only got whacked on the helmet a couple of times by Jennifer telling me to go slower. Ah well, it was a beautiful day.

Got back late enough that when we got to the Oktoberfest we had the beer tent pretty much to ourselves. They kept trying to sell me cheap beers and had I not been so cold I would have taken them up. As it was, we kicked the festival keg from Munich :)

Sunday we got to wave at a few folks at Joey's before devouring some pancakes. Hopefully the guy who drove past trailering the two BMWs figured out he forgot to hook-up his safety chains... without consequences.

Thanks to all the folks that helped put this together - the F.A.R.T. sticker is the inaugural ornamentation on my new fuel cell :)

Cheers all,

Kirsten

a.k.a. the Hillbilly Campground girls

Hopefully the guy who drove past trailering the two BMWs figured out he forgot to hook-up his safety chains... without consequences.

That'd be me. About 100 yards down the road my wife said, "What's that noise? Did you forget to hook up the chains?"

Of course it was my fault. Everything's my fault.

Lone_RT_rider
Hopefully the guy who drove past trailering the two BMWs figured out he forgot to hook-up his safety chains... without consequences.

That'd be me. About 100 yards down the road my wife said, "What's that noise? Did you forget to hook up the chains?"

It's that way up until they day they leave you (one way or another). Then, everything really is your fault because there is nobody elese to blame. It's better to have them around to blame you.....

Except for that one thing that I was blamed for, you're right.

:grin:

Hear that Keith, Everything is Bob's fault so blame him for your ticket! :rofl:

Well you all are shirking your duties.....................

I'm talking about the lack of many good parking lot stories, pics of UN rally rats, someone enjoying that LARGE bottle of MM that I gave Foot to share at night, no Octoberfest drunken singing videos.

I'm sorry that I had to return home early, but it sounds like it was a pretty tame event by the lack of any epic tales.

Paging anyone to the white courtesy phone that has a tale to tell.....

The large bottle remained unopened, there were lots of little ones open already...

I seem to recall Hemingway and salami fit into one conversation. And then there was a lot of laughing by the creek. Lots of things are fuzzy.

Blind Squirrel
Well you all are shirking your duties.....................Paging anyone to the white courtesy phone that has a tale to tell.....

That might be Keith you are asking for...

Lots of things are fuzzy.

Tell me more about the fuzzy things, Ernie. :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Archived