IGNORED

FART 2014 - OCT 2-5 - Maggie Valley NC

TyTass

By the remarks and posts I can tell it is getting time for (a) FART. Come on Wednesday morning. :wave:

Are you trying to say that the pressure is building?

baked-HWx8Qk-beans.jpg

The beans have been spilled. The secret is out now

By the remarks and posts I can tell it is getting time for (a) FART. Come on Wednesday morning. :wave:

Are you trying to say that the pressure is building?

This too, shall pass

Hey Bernie (and all you FART team members), I can finally get excited about "blasting off" to FART. Been away (and bike less) for the last 3 weeks and finally I can think "two wheels".

Getting the NAV V issues looked at tomorrow and heading out Thursday AM. See you all Thursday night along with brother Frank.

Although we're twins, he's the "fill in the blank" one, and I'm the opposite, of course. :rofl:

Please be kind, at least to me! :wave:

Excited, see you all soon!

Although we're twins, he's the "fill in the blank" one, and I'm the opposite, of course. :rofl:

I was told Frank was good looking and funny...are you the opposite :rofl:

Mark -

I'll add to the Canadian contingent on Thursday night when I arrive. We have to stick together, especially when there are people like Matt out there making fun of our beer......

Exactly, Jim. How dare he?

Would the
for my life over the last 4 years be better?

24 hours from now.

That bass player is jammin in his jammies!

and Tom's mustache and feathered hair, still deadly.

should be hitting Tellico Grain Bakery around 12 noon on Thursday. Grieffster and maybe Shannie Mae in tow.

Alan

Sounds like it would be a great lunch date.

Would the
for my life over the last 4 years be better?

24 hours from now.

That bass player is jammin in his jammies!

and Tom's mustache and feathered hair, still deadly.

and

is still rollin' down the highway.
should be hitting Tellico Grain Bakery around 12 noon on Thursday. Grieffster and maybe Shannie Mae in tow.

Alan

Look for you there. You will know me, I'm Marty Hill. :rofl::wave:

Mark -

I'll add to the Canadian contingent on Thursday night when I arrive. We have to stick together, especially when there are people like Matt out there making fun of our beer......

Exactly, Jim. How dare he?

It's really quite easy. First, I make you answer me in French and English... :wave:

I am getting pumped. Wish I was doing the whole Wednesday to Sunday gig. Totally too much riding in the area to cram into 24-48 hours. I just cannot get enough or ride enough no matter how much I venture into Western Carolina and East Tennessee, and that is lots.

Kind of like going to Disneyland/WDW. Too much to really get it all in without feeling the need for a post-vacation vacation. Mercy.

Alright Tuesday. Let's get this done so it will be Wednesday so I can work a short day and get ready to leave Thursday morning!

Yep, no kidding. I'll be in later Wed night with the GS on the hook. First one to help me unload gets a special drink!!

Alright Tuesday. Let's get this done so it will be Wednesday so I can work a short day and get ready to leave Thursday morning!

Yep, no kidding. I'll be in later Wed night with the GS on the hook. First one to help me unload gets a special drink!!

Don't worry my friend, I'm sure you'll get all the help you need. You had better hope they haven't started drinking before you get there. ;)

Bike%20Trailer%2011JUN10.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday
Don't worry my friend, I'm sure you'll get all the help you need. You had better hope they haven't started drinking before you get there. ;)

Looks like the GS started drinking before anyone got there. :grin:(maybe a little sumthin' from big-T's private stock?)

I was told Frank was good looking and funny...are you the opposite :rofl:

Ken, you must be cross-eyed; how come you are still so fast on 2 wheels?? :D See you all soon!

Looks like the GS started drinking before anyone got there. :grin:(maybe a little sumthin' from big-T's private stock?)

Non-taxable octane booster?

Just saw this event listed over in Brevard on Saturday.

The bicyclists get extra annoying on some of these tight roads so keep an eye open boys and girls...

The course maps only overlap 64 and 276 for a short distance. Ken, are any of those side roads on the routes you sent out?

Shawn

The bicyclists get extra annoying on some of these tight roads so keep an eye open boys and girls...

The course maps only overlap 64 and 276 for a short distance. Ken, are any of those side roads on the routes you sent out?

Shawn

No ... those bike routes DO NOT interfere with our routes. However, this is still prime bicycling season.

Nice catch Matt! Here's the course map for those who want to plan around this.

100k.jpg

Ya think you got that big enough, Glenn? :dopeslap::P

Looks fine to me on my screen......maybe its time to invest in a monitor that was built this decade :grin:

That would only be a 4 year old Monitor. :) I still have my HP 28C and use it on a daily basis. :D

I noticed that, but didn't want to go through the process of downloading the file, resizing it, uploading it to my PhotoBucket account, and posting that link. Call me lazy...

At least I'm consistent, just ask Shawn about the time I copied and pasted a calculated number from Google and it had more digits to the right of the decimal place than he thought necessary. :rofl:

I noticed that, but didn't want to go through the process of downloading the file, resizing it, uploading it to my PhotoBucket account, and posting that link. Call me lazy...

At least I'm consistent, just ask Shawn about the time I copied and pasted a calculated number from Google and it had more digits to the right of the decimal place than he thought necessary. :rofl:

You mean you weren't involved in this too?

Hey now Matt -- let's do our best to play nice with the cyclists. After all, some of us are them, too! If they're particularly snooty or whiney, you should feel free to thumb your nose at them. Mooning is also acceptable non-verbal commentary, but can be a tough trick when you're ATGATT. I guess just know they're there & be aware -- they do have the right of way... even in North Carolina!

You mean you weren't involved in this too?

Nope, I wasn't involved in that effort, but in HS, I actually thought it was cool that I could memorize Pi to 15 or so digits. Geek, geek, geek, geek. :rofl:

Hey now Matt -- let's do our best to play nice with the cyclists. After all, some of us are them, too! If they're particularly snooty or whiney, you should feel free to thumb your nose at them. Mooning is also acceptable non-verbal commentary, but can be a tough trick when you're ATGATT. I guess just know they're there & be aware -- they do have the right of way... even in North Carolina!

But the right of way is often interpreted as I can do anything I want; ride 5 abreast, pass one another, and do so going uphill at a quarter of the speed of the speed limit. So, yes ... that's annoying and completely dangerous in that passive-agressive way. The point isn't to applaud them, to make nice, or to root for them ... but is instead to look out for them as a moving hazard ... whilst we pass them on a two-line pass! :dopeslap::rofl:

I still have my HP 28C and use it on a daily basis. :D

Yeah, no one at work wants to steal it cuz you, me, and about a dozen other people on the planet still know how to use a RPN calculator. :/

Decisions, decisions. I think I have 1-1.5K left in my front tire. I usually ride 1-1.2K at the FART. Question is to change and play it safe or be like some and end up with a bald tire on the way home. No brainer I will change it.

Archived