IGNORED

FART 2014 - OCT 2-5 - Maggie Valley NC

TyTass

I'm bringing some Hoyo De Monterrey and some H.Upmann. I'll be happy to share!

and I'll probably bring some A. Fuentes or Ashton if I can't find a certain CAO I'm looking for.

and I'll probably bring some A. Fuentes or Ashton if I can't find a certain CAO I'm looking for.

You guys keep dropping high dollar cigar brand names and people will start thinking we're some high falutin' BMW club or something :dopeslap:

I'm bringing a no-name, but highly rated Thompson cigar...okay, several of them.

You guys keep dropping high dollar cigar brand names and people will start thinking we're some high falutin' BMW club or something :dopeslap:

I'm bringing a no-name, but highly rated Thompson cigar...okay, several of them.

My life insurance policy only lets me smoke 12 a year ;).. So I go big.

changing the thread name back.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed it had changed.

When you replied to racer7 is changed to "Another addition"

Ah, I think I see, now ... so anytime anyone replies to Paul's thread or my response to his thread, it'll change the name again? :S

The Saturday Night meal plans.

FART happens to coincide with Oktoberfest in Maggie Valley this year, so what could be better than craft beers and Brats for a BMW gathering? :clap:

Oktoberfest info

We'll plan on meeting at the Miller Lite tent just inside the entrance at 6:30.

The location is .9 miles away and it's downhill in both directions :rofl:

For those who can't or won't walk, we're hoping someone who might be trailering could shuttle a few people if they don't want to ride there.

My life insurance policy only let's me smoke 12 a year

Surely you jest.

Seriously, yes, per the policy. Under 12 cigars a year is the threshold for a "non-smoker"

I too was slightly confused Ken. I've always been told the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider. Apparently that doesn't apply when buying cigars. I fall into the same category though, I don't smoke cigars all the time, so when I do I like a good one. But darn if I'm spending $20 on a part I need if I think I can make it myself :dopeslap: And yes, my GS has several spray painted parts. So, I do have a few "high dollar" ones. However, some of the cheap ones I've found are as good or better than some of the $$ ones i've tried.

I've smoked quite a few Thompson's that were great. I just find they don't pair as well with my single malt. :rofl::rofl:

I've smoked quite a few Thompson's that were great. I just find they don't pair as well with my single malt. :rofl::rofl:

How did we forget expensive liquor!?!? We may have to upgrade to only hotels with bell hops and room service in the future.

How did we forget expensive liquor!?!? We may have to upgrade to only hotels with bell hops and room service in the future.

Craig and I were planning to up the level of service by Valet parking at this year's event, so we're getting there :thumbsup:

I know nuthin' about your malts and shakes, but I am bringing a bottle of Eagle Rare to drink and share.

Nice. Good stuff. The local liquor store here bottled their own special edition cask.

Craig and I were planning to up the level of service by Valet parking at this year's event, so we're getting there :thumbsup:

Can I take the first shift? I'll start practicing........"No Sir, I have no idea where that mud came from." :grin:

Can I take the first shift? I'll start practicing........"No Sir, I have no idea where that mud came from." :grin:

Yea, we had Big-T slotted for the first shift...I'm sure you'll fill in without raising our standard to acceptable levels :thumbsup:

I'm putting it in writing, which means something bad is probably about to happen. But as of this very moment I have the staffing schedule worked out to have all positions filled NOT BY ME for Oct. 2, 3 and 4. So long as no one gets sick I'm IN!

changing the thread name back.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed it had changed.

When you replied to racer7 is changed to "Another addition"

Ah, I think I see, now ... so anytime anyone replies to Paul's post or my response to his post, it'll change the name again? :S

Correct. This is why we ask that users NOT change the Subject when they reply to an existing thread. It changes the title, and people who are looking for something particular cannot find it.

The Saturday Night meal plans.

FART happens to coincide with Oktoberfest in Maggie Valley this year, so what could be better than craft beers and Brats for a BMW gathering? :clap:

Oktoberfest info

We'll plan on meeting at the Miller Lite tent just inside the entrance at 6:30.

The location is .9 miles away and it's downhill in both directions :rofl:

For those who can't or won't walk, we're hoping someone who might be trailering could shuttle a few people if they don't want to ride there.

I noticed that event when I made reservations at the campground.

Looks like a hoot and there isn't one self-respecting BMWST member who could not walk uphill .9 miles both ways, sober or otherwise. :rofl:

Come on folks, it's less than a mile. :thumbsup:

The campground is looking better and better all the time $60.00 for three nights and walking distance to everything. And my son and I bought a Big Agnes Soda Mtn 4 tent so I can stand up and put my pants on in the tent. :clap::clap::clap:

It's getting closer and closer.

It's not the distance that bothers me, it's the $2.00 entry fee. My FART budget is running thin! :grin:

But seriously, I'll be in Owensboro, KY this weekend, and will look around to see what I can contribute to the unofficial FART whiskey tasting. See y'all soon!

Bring your heated gear...it was 48 degrees this morning in Maggie Valley :thumbsup:

Oh god Ken, please don't get them started on checking the weather every 28.3 seconds. I might have to pull out my "The weather report changes on the hour in Maggie Valley" speech. :)

Bring your heated gear...it was 48 degrees this morning in Maggie Valley :thumbsup:

Oh god Ken, please don't get them started on checking the weather every 28.3 seconds. I might have to pull out my "The weather report changes on the hour in Maggie Valley" speech. :)

Yes, I didn't intend to start the weather chatter.

I guess everyone who goes to Maggie should be prepared for all types of FARTs...including wet ones :thumbsup:

Whatever the weather, I can't wait. A week and a day for us.

We expect to be trailering (have new trailer wheels supposedly being delivered soon) to provide a bit of valet service to the OktoberFest (if the weather is bad).

However, please keep in mind that I can only take a few at a time (Xterra doesn't seat many), so I am not voluntering to shuttle everyone to/from. Shuttling 50 people to/from in my Xterra would be a fulltime job.

(NOTE: I can however be bribed with bourbon!) :thumbsup:

We expect to be trailering (have new trailer wheels supposedly being delivered soon) to provide a bit of valet service to the OktoberFest (if the weather is bad).

However, please keep in mind that I can only take a few at a time (Xterra doesn't seat many), so I am not voluntering to shuttle everyone to/from. Shuttling 50 people to/from in my Xterra would be a fulltime job.

Couple bales of hay and you can take us all down there on the trailer.

Couple bales of hay and you can take us all down there on IN the trailer.

Corrected your last ... I have a 5x8 enclosed trailer.

I can see it now, Craig and Terry drive through the gates, paying for the two of them. Once parked, we all bail out of the trailer, like we were going to the Drive In and were stuck in the trunk! :rofl:

Once parked, we all bail out of the trailer, like we were going to the Drive In and were stuck in the trunk! :rofl:

Or like were a truckload of illegals.... :dopeslap::rofl:

I can see it now, Craig and Terry drive through the gates, paying for the two of them. Once parked, we all bail out of the trailer, like we were going to the Drive In and were stuck in the trunk! :rofl:

I used to do exactly that same thing when I was 18 ... a '65 Fleetwood trunk would hold a lot of buddies with beer!

Ah good, Bourbon drinkers!

My lovely wife picked up a Bulleit 10 and a Basil Hayden.

Christopher, go ahead and get the Pappy when you are in KY :)

Bourbon-L.jpg

Ah good, Bourbon drinkers!

My lovely wife picked up a Bulleit 10 and a Basil Hayden.

Christopher, go ahead and get the Pappy when you are in KY :)

Bourbon-L.jpg

Great reference chart...depiction is very handy. Easier than a booklet or KY Bourbon Trail passport. Wow...Pappy, huh?

I am in the Commonwealth now on business. Well as you may know, the 23 year is about as rare as hen's teeth. Never mind how costly. Although Liquor Barn seems to offer just a fix for about $15 per serving. A bargain versus $55 plus at Malone's or $100 at Merrick Inn. Sometimes it might actually be easier to find Pappy outside of the Commonwealth somewhere in some obscure unassuming shop. Or maybe easier finding a unicorn or spotting sasquatch.

Well for now Noah's Mill is keeping my taste buds satisfied and occupied. W.L. Weller is often my travel companion.

Cheers!

Yeah ... Pappy's about impossible to find and one day I will have me some. But to make a great FART we don't need the likes of Pappy ...

Recently I've been enjoying various ryes, especially for making cocktails. But then FART really ain't a place for cocktails, smoking jackets, and pencil-thin mustaches either.

So, I'll just say ... I'll be sure to bring something at least interesting ...

Blind Squirrel

I know nuthin' about your malts and shakes, but I am bringing a bottle of Eagle Rare to drink and share.

:grin:

Well, since I'm trailering, I might as well try to remember to bring some extra stuff like ...

- an umbrella or two (to counter those bike-washing jinxeRs)

- extra cups for sharing adult beverages

- a cooler or two for storing ice for chilling adult beverages

- perhaps a few extra tools

And no, I don't do requests! But I can be bribed with an interesting bourbon or rye! :rofl:

Ugh......is it time to go yet? I desperately need some seat time with no distractions besides some curvy roads. That and some decent BBQ, I could really use some decent BBQ (that I don't have to smoke myself).

Ugh......is it time to go yet? I desperately need some seat time with no distractions besides some curvy roads. That and some decent BBQ, I could really use some decent BBQ (that I don't have to smoke myself).

I'm with you! I'm ready to leave today. It's really sad seeing my bike sitting in the garage all lonesome.

Seriously? The Miller Lite tent at an Oktoberfest?

:dopeslap:

I was hoping for some decent beer but I guess this is Maggie Valley.....

Miller has the resources for a tent, but the organizers claim to have Craft Beers at Oktoberfest, so keep your hopes high and stay thirsty my friend :thumbsup:

Archived