IGNORED

FART 2014 - OCT 2-5 - Maggie Valley NC

TyTass

Vivat Veritas

Hey, folks. It's been while since I've perused this website and only posted a couple of time. I live in Waynesville; just over the mountain and lots of you will drive through to get to MV. You've picked a great time to ride here, but please be careful with all of the leaf lookers at that time. Most are not paying attention to what lane they are in and several actually visit the sides of the road.

Several new breweries in town that you might want to try and if you are a cigar aficionado, Cigar Dave used to do cigar nights on the weekend in MV. He might just set up for you all.

The local BMW shop in this area is Eurosport in Asheville (30 minutes away) and they are excellent.

PM me if you need weather/road reports or general info on good roads to ride.

Cheers!

Tommy

Several new breweries in town that you might want to try and if you are a cigar aficionado, Cigar Dave used to do cigar nights on the weekend in MV. He might just set up for you all.

We might need to contact this Cigar Dave. I recall at least 5 or 6 from START who might be interested.

Computerbob
Several new breweries in town that you might want to try ...

Tommy

Yeah, Ima gunna need a list of those...

Yeah, Ima gunna need a list of those...

You got some ideas for some more "hold my beer and watch this" videos? :)

Nice n Easy Rider

IN. Made the reservation this AM. Will be arriving Friday and bringing a friend, who happens to ride a FJR, but I told him that you all would be nice to him anyways.

See some of you later this week at B5Q at Snowshoe. Arriving there on Friday afternoon.

Hey, folks. It's been while since I've perused this website and only posted a couple of time. I live in Waynesville; just over the mountain and lots of you will drive through to get to MV. You've picked a great time to ride here, but please be careful with all of the leaf lookers at that time. Most are not paying attention to what lane they are in and several actually visit the sides of the road.

The local BMW shop in this area is Eurosport in Asheville (30 minutes away) and they are excellent.

PM me if you need weather/road reports or general info on good roads to ride.

Cheers!

Tommy

Thanks ... we are indeed very familiar with the area but certainly appreciate the offer of info. We may indeed ask for a late update on road constructions/closings.

Now the big question ...

Are you going to stop by and ride with some of us, hang with us any evenings, or both?

Blind Squirrel
IN. Made the reservation this AM. Will be arriving Friday and bringing a friend, who happens to ride a FJR, but I told him that you all would be nice to him anyways.

See some of you later this week at B5Q at Snowshoe. Arriving there on Friday afternoon.

I came from and FJR and still attend some of the FJR gatherings. Next to this group, some of the nicest people you will ever meet!

Vivat Veritas
Thanks ... we are indeed very familiar with the area but certainly appreciate the offer of info. We may indeed ask for a late update on road constructions/closings.

Now the big question ...

Are you going to stop by and ride with some of us, hang with us any evenings, or both?

Definitely will ride and spend some time with the group. Will also lead a ride or two if desired. Thanks for the invite.

Here are a few websites of interest.

Good Ol Days Cigars

heinzelmannchen brewery

bearwaters brewing

legends sports grill

bogarts waynesville

the chef's table

Glad you can make it. See you Friday.

BTW: What's your friend's name so I can put him on the list?

Nice n Easy Rider

Glad you can make it. See you Friday.

BTW: What's your friend's name so I can put him on the list?

Hi Craig,

His name is Mark Bayles. See you in a few days.

The FJR guy should fit right in with the rest of the 3 letter group.

Dan,

Using all that horsepower to help catch up to Craig is considered cheating....

Dan,

If you do use it, he'll just accuse you of sandbagging... DAMHIK

Dan,

If you do use it, he'll just accuse you of sandbagging... DAMHIK

But you ARE a sandbagger! :P:rofl:

Any definite word yet on you or you and Ashley making it? :lurk:

That coil really was bad...

I'll make my reservation today. I'm in. She's still probable. Now that all the teens in the house can drive it's much easier to travel.

Now that all the teens in the house can drive it's much easier to travel.

Indeed, if you have enough cars. I believe they still sleep at the house, but otherwise I don't see them much.

Hi Craig,

Steve Rebman here, we meet at Start.

Had such a good time thought I come down to FART with the rest of you's.

The nice lady at the reservation desk said there's still a couple of hot tub rooms left for anyone still on the fence.

Steve

The FART List just keeps getting bigger ...

- There are also some folks who haven't shown up in quite sometime who many of you are friends with. How about reaching out to those folks and see if you can get them to join back in (at least for one event)? I'm talking about folks like David, Itchybro, etc.

Um, I think I might qualify for this category :/

It's been a while guys, but I'm trying to get back in with the mothership and reconnect... been too long.

So, trying to work this into the calendar. Would likely be camping nearby, so perhaps I and Jennifer could be added to the "Planning on being IN" category?!

Thanks all,

Kirsten T-S

(aka KTsRidin, Ranger Kiddo, KT, #404-resource not found...)

That coil really was bad...

I'll make my reservation today. I'm in. She's still probable. Now that all the teens in the house can drive it's much easier to travel.

I have a new business plan. The Probably Inn B&B. Catering to riders that may, or may not, show up. :grin:

I'm in, love riding out of Maggie Valley!

Glad to see you finally post. I have a new ABS unit, new tires, and my 2-way radio - I am hoping for an uneventful but fun FART this year! :grin:

Glad to see you finally post. I have a new ABS unit, new tires, and my 2-way radio - I am hoping for an uneventful but fun FART this year! :grin:

:thumbsup:

Hi Craig,

Steve Rebman here, we meet at Start.

Had such a good time thought I come down to FART with the rest of you's.

The nice lady at the reservation desk said there's still a couple of hot tub rooms left for anyone still on the fence.

Steve

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Um, I think I might qualify for this category :/

It's been a while guys, but I'm trying to get back in with the mothership and reconnect... been too long.

So, trying to work this into the calendar. Would likely be camping nearby, so perhaps I and Jennifer could be added to the "Planning on being IN" category?!

Thanks all,

Kirsten T-S

(aka KTsRidin, Ranger Kiddo, KT, #404-resource not found...)

Hope you both can make it! Do you know of camping nearby? I'm not familiar with one, but I can do a bit of research. Of course, if any one else knows of some, please speak up.

'Bout time, Dave. You had me worried. Would be the same without you.

LaughingHard.gif

'Bout time, Dave. You had me worried. Would be the same without you.

Sorry, Dave ... a typo. I tend to leave out my negatives ... it should read ...

Wouldn't be the same without you!

Where has Kinsley been? He hasn't posted since mid-June.

Hi Burt and everyone.

I'm here....routes for FART 2014 will be up soon...great roads as many of you know :clap:

I'm working on the Saturday night dinner as well :thumbsup:

Do you know of camping nearby? I'm not familiar with one, but I can do a bit of research. Of course, if any one else knows of some, please speak up.

Nothing dialed in yet. If someone knows that's great. I did a quick search and saw a couple of places that look within reasonable walking distance :)

I was also looking at campgrounds.

Hillbilly is close but it looks like they only have one tent site. $25 for the first tent. $15 each for up to two more.

I was also looking at campgrounds.

Hillbilly is close but it looks like they only have one tent site. $25 for the first tent. $15 each for up to two more.

I wouldn't recommend Hillbilly Campgrounds for tent camping without contacting them directly and asking about motorcycles ... and here's why ...

TENT SITE

BY RESERVATION ONLY

Tent sites: $25.00 first tent, $15.00 each additional tent up to 3 total.

No Motorcycles allowed in tent area.

TENT CAMPING POLICY

We have a nice tent area complete with a firepit and picnic table. It is booked for one party at time and can accommodate up to 3 tents for family camping.

There is no electricity or water, and dogs are not allowed in tent area. Bathhouses are a short walk away. This is a quiet tent area, great for small family gatherings, or individual camping, (Don't even book if you plan to "party".)

Well HERE is some good news.

Sounds like a lot of fun at the UN.

Called Hillbilly. Booked tent site. They have two. The other is already taken by a father/son (someone from the UN?).

No problem with the bike (disclaimer is for "other" types of bikers :grin:)

Vivat Veritas

Folks, here are three campgrounds I am familiar with and would recommend. None are in MV, but not too far out. If you find others in the area, I would be happy to scout them out for you.

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. In Haywood County; roughly 30 minutes to MV. Caters to motorcyclists.

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground

Smokemont Campground is in the forest and a nice site. Plenty of spaces and a group site that can accommodate quite a few. Up Soco Road to the Parkway, then Parkway to Cherokee. At the end of the Parkway, go opposite of Cherokee for about three miles. 45 minutes to MV.

Smokemont Campground

Mt. Pisgah Campground. On the Blue Ridge Parkway right across from the Pisgah Inn. In Haywood County, 50 Minutes to MV.

http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75021

I've stayed at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. Fun place.

Also stayed at High Country Motorcycle Camp as well.

I wanted a place in town as 1. I don't drink and ride (someone owes me a beer and I plan on collecting :wave::thumbsup::clap:) and 2. I don't ride after dark.

I can walk from Hillbilly. camp-2%20001.jpg

Ahh, now I fully understand their rule. They're looking for motorcycles that save the quiet, not the ones that save lives.

Yesterday, I got a Federal jury duty summons in the mail, for the week of sept 29. Unless I can finagle my way out, I will not be able to ride with all you wonderful people in OCT.. Before I cancel my room, is there anyone that wants it? My reservation is for Thursday night through Saturday night.

Do you know of camping nearby? I'm not familiar with one, but I can do a bit of research. Of course, if any one else knows of some, please speak up.

"Nearby" is a relative term, but I have previously camped at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Cruzo, which is about 25 miles from Maggie Valley. BRMC also has cabins for rent.

Yesterday, I got a Federal jury duty summons in the mail, for the week of sept 29. Unless I can finagle my way out, I will not be able to ride with all you wonderful people in OCT.. Before I cancel my room, is there anyone that wants it? My reservation is for Thursday night through Saturday night.

Tell'em you got the ebola while doing missionary work in ATL and need to be quarantined to Western NC

That's a bummer. I do hope you can get out of it ... legally. Even if it's last minute, it's fairly normal to have 1-2 folks cancel last minute. Just be ready to go either way and keep an eye out on this thread. If you finagle out, there may be a room that opens up. Or, you may be able to tay at a joint right down the street if one doesn't open. The point ... don't give up on it until the FART is over.

that would be my plan to jet up if at all possible and just find a place nearby. I've been waiting since I missed the ride in April.

that would be my plan to jet up if at all possible and just find a place nearby. I've been waiting since I missed the ride in April.

In many courts you can call the clerk and tell them you have an obligation and would like another date and they will change it for you.

PM send.

Archived