IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

As a South Carolina fan, I normally like to see higher ranked teams lose. But I think if al Qaeda was playing any team coached by Lane Kiffen, I'd be torn.

U of M needs to tighten up the D still, by a lot cuz we have real opponents coming soon.

Yes, this is the best time of year to be a Michigan man. During September, Michigan becomes ranked, Heisman talk starts flowing, M sweatshirts and flags unfurl, then come the Big 10 powerhouses and all the fun ends :cry:

Well, its 11/19 and the Maize & Blue are 9-2 with a 6-4 OSU team in the Big House to close out the season. I asked Santa for a win in "The Game" and I feel pretty good about the Wolverines prospects to get a 10 win season.

How you liking our chances, BeemerMan? Are we gonna have a Blue Xmas?

U of M needs to tighten up the D still, by a lot cuz we have real opponents coming soon.

Yes, this is the best time of year to be a Michigan man. During September, Michigan becomes ranked, Heisman talk starts flowing, M sweatshirts and flags unfurl, then come the Big 10 powerhouses and all the fun ends :cry:

Well, its 11/19 and the Maize & Blue are 9-2 with a 6-4 OSU team in the Big House to close out the season. I asked Santa for a win in "The Game" and I feel pretty good about the Wolverines prospects to get a 10 win season.

How you liking our chances, BeemerMan? Are we gonna have a Blue Xmas?

Yes, I have to admit, Mark, that Big Blue is finally back on track. I stand corrected! And yes, I fully expect them to steamroll over Ohio State next Saturday. It'll be a great way to end the season :thumbsup:

Dang TROJANS! I knew they were going to blow that huge lead. Sheesh!

What a circus that FSU-Virginia finish was. Bleeech.

I am very disappointed in that game, I really wanted Florida State to win.

Now I'm just as sick over the Trojans.

YES TROJANS YES TROJANS!!!!!

What was all that I was hearing about Oregon?!?! Awfully quiet out there in BMWST land :rofl:

Oklahoma State -- GONE!

Oregon -- GONE!

Oklahoma -- GOING!

Clemson -- GONE!

Face it, folks. It's Alabama v LSU. There's no running, no hiding, no "duck"ing. Rewind the tape 'cause we're reliving the game -- with a few 3'rd half adjustments :Cool:

We'll see, Arkansas and Georgia still play in the SEC, right?

;)

Jake,

Jimbo is leaving the impression he isn't any smarter than

a 5th grader.

Forget the slew of BS calls throughout the game, and when the officials gave UVa 8 yards in field postion after a sack so thy punted from 8 yards upfield :dopeslap: .

He makes good calls, EJ has poor execution, he makes bad calls and continues to try to do things the team doesn't do well.

Seems like EJ is hurt worse than revealed and can't throw deep (remind you of years with Ponder?)

For years as OC he ran out the clock before halftime instead of trying to get a score and still does that so when we need to move fast and score it seems difficult to run 2 min type of plays (even though he sez they practice everyday, I guess game and practice are separate experiences).

Need their best game this week, Go Noles! Lambaste the Lizards!

That's classic. People just assume Michigan and Michigan State are the same institution. Same with Arizona, Florida, Colorado, Ohio, Kansas, Pennsylvania, etc. No doubt folks confuse Virginia and Virginia Tech, too :smirk:

We'll see, Arkansas and Georgia still play in the SEC, right?

;)

Tim, no!!!

Aww dang, man. You just jinxed them; they're both gonna lose this Saturday :Cool:

What a circus that FSU-Virginia finish was. Bleeech.
A clusterfiretruck (abbreviate as you see fit) of epic proportions. Didn't know that that many different people could screw up that much in such a short time.

As much as I wanted FSU to win, they tried to hard to lose and succeeded.

... Georgia still play in the SEC, right?

Doesn't matter. Bama, LSU & Arkansas would all spank Georgia. A three loss team won't play in NoLo for ANY game this season.

Two games in a row with incredible mistakes and calls not made/made by inept crew.

When the announcers for two games in a row say things like "I'm not sure what's wrong with this officiating crew, I've never seen one so confused, that was a "mythical" holding call, that definitely was a horsecollar I wonder why they didn't call it, etc"

Enough to get coaches/players/fans more concerned with the zebras than the Cavs.

So, another highlight reel of bad calls was sent to the league for review.

But head of ACC official crews is a GAtor so good luck with that.

Regardless, too many miscues.

Hope they show up this week and play best game of the year.

Go Noles!

Tim,

I've seen a few ACC games this year and agree that the officiating seems to be a bit below major conference standards. It goes both ways many times. This is the first year i've noticed, what in my opinion, is lack of game control and inconsistent calls.

Maybe the good ones leave for the SEC??

Tim,

I've seen a few ACC games this year and agree that the officiating seems to be a bit below major conference standards. It goes both ways many times. This is the first year i've noticed, what in my opinion, is lack of game control and inconsistent calls.

Ironically, on Gamecockcentral.com, everyone is convinced that SEC refs are the worst in the world. And that they conspire against South Carolina.

Tim,

Brian,

We've had numerous situations this year where the league admitted "mistakes" were made.

This includes a zebra moving a ball, after it was spotted and placed, on a measurement.

He just walked up, bent over and moved the ball.

He said it was to "steady" the ball but video shows he moved it like 6 inches in favor of opponent.

We had a player ejected.

League official honcho, "it was a good call" (he's a gator alum).

League review committee, ooppssy, not a fould to begin with let alone something to eject a player for.

Everyone gets a bad call, goes both ways.

I'm talking reviewable plays where the announcers, and others, state that was a bad call, that was wrong, they're confused, etc.

Even had a safety called, 2 points awarded, we're kicking to opponent.

Head coach going nuts becasue it was clear player not in end zone when ball thrown (called intentional grounding).

As we get set to kick off, ref runs up, ooopppsssy, we "interpreted" the rule incorrectly.

Every fan feels this way, sounds like sour grapes, but I watched parts of 29 games on the past two Saturdays and saw more BS in our last 2 games than in all the others combined.

Always look forward to bowl games when miraculously we get 1/3 the number of penalties, consistently.

Make you wonder...

:wave:

Hey Tim,

Need a little cheese with that "he's a gator" wine? :rofl:

Sorry, couldn't help myself, but two posts in a row about it?

I guess the surest sign of a conspiracy is the total lack of evidence of a conspiracy :wave:

Not a whine.

The guy backed every bad call, then was reversed by a committee.

This includes multiple TD's called back, one costing us a game.

Example; punt returner points to the ground to alert return team ball is short and hitting ground.

REturner cathces ball on a bounce and returns for a TD.

Officials call he signalled a fair catch (by pointing at the ground?) Head guy concurs, yet strangely enough, full committee review sez, oops, incorrect call.

If the head of the officials is nothing but a rubber stamp, and getting it wrong time after time, one might wonder, why?

Hopefully we'll not have to prove him wrong again and the zebras will not impact the flow and outcome as they have the past 2 games.

Over an hour of official review.

:dopeslap:

Evidence?

There is plaenty of it.

Since I know you aren't watching these games it is understandable

that it begs disbelief, I wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't seen it time after time.

Not talking about was that interference type of calls, talking blatant horsecollars (at least 6 this year not called, blatant face masks/ improper application of at least 4 rules that were reversed upon review at the game or upon committee review, putting ball in play 8-9 yards from line of scrimmage, something I've never seen before, and so forth.

Might not be a conspiracy but it surely is incompetence on the field supported by a head official who is the reversed by the group.

Of course if the head in the SEC was an FSU alum, and the same thing happened to UF, I'm sure it would be OK in gAtOrNaTiOn, right?

Go Noles!

I have seen what Tim is talking about in a game i caught between Fla State and Maryland where the calls were downright pathetic. Noles won anyhow but still, I was quite amazed.

Wow, so Rich Rodriguez is now the head coach at the University of Arizona, my brothers alma mater. I call him last night and expressed my sympathies :grin: better there than here!

Yes, this is among the greatest weekends in college football! The only problem is that this is pretty much the last weekend in college football, too :cry:

So, will OSU throw enough money at Urban to bring him to Columbus?

And if so, how long till he knocks the SEC off the championship mountain?

I know, I know. We have a long weekend of great rivalries to work our way through. But during commercials, half times, & refills of turkey & libations, think about it.

Happy Thanksgiving & may your team win. As long at they aren't LSU & Auburn. :grin:

They'll both do well in the "also ran" bowls.

Till they play a tough schedule, their undefeated season doesn't mean squat. Reminds me of when SMU went undefeated for a couple seasons in the early eighties. They squawked & skuawked, & finally got Bama in the Cotton Bowl. 28 zip Bama without even trying.

Next?

TAMU AND tu while the turkey goes down.

If the Aggies can beat tu it will be a great year as far as I am concerned.

Tech, Baylor, and now tu. A clean sweep of the old Southwest conference foes and then ... SEE YA!

... tu could ruin the party.

:dopeslap:

Reminds me of when SMU went undefeated for a couple seasons in the early eighties. They squawked & skuawked, & finally got Bama in the Cotton Bowl. 28 zip Bama without even trying.

Next?

:rofl:

This is exactly what would happen if Boise State played a top team in a Bowl game, or played in a major conference -- including the Big Least :smirk:

... Georgia still play in the SEC, right?

Doesn't matter. Bama, LSU & Arkansas would all spank Georgia. A three loss team won't play in NoLo for ANY game this season.

I am NOT sold on Georgia. Maybe in time I will be, but this team is like Pitt in the Big East; every year I hear about how great they're gonna be only for them to end up, after all is said and done, in the middle of the pack.

So, will OSU throw enough money at Urban to bring him to Columbus?

I hope they get him! Anything that makes Ohio State strong makes the Big 10 strong. I really miss Jim Tressell. Seriously, I do. If Michigan beats Ohio State this weekend, I will celebrate in a sober spirit. To me, Michigan needed to beat a Jim Tressel led Ohio State! Tressell set the bar very high and I loved that about him.

I am all for all of Michigan's rivals to get strong, class leading head coaches. The effect of it all will be to call Michigan higher, and that's not a bad thing.

Reminds me of when SMU went undefeated for a couple seasons in the early eighties. They squawked & skuawked, & finally got Bama in the Cotton Bowl. 28 zip Bama without even trying.

Next?

:rofl:

This is exactly what would happen if Boise State played a top team in a Bowl game, or played in a major conference -- including the Big Least :smirk:

I have heard that

I think Boise State is a top ten team.

Whip, for 2 seasons in a row, they lost to a non-ranked team. This year, it was TCU, and BSU was at home!

C'mon man, arguments are one thing, but results are another. BSU hasn't produced the results to justify the ranking.

Whip, for 2 seasons in a row, they lost to a non-ranked team. This year, it was TCU, and BSU was at home!

C'mon man, arguments are one thing, but results are another. BSU hasn't produced the results to justify the ranking.

I ain't arguing I am stating facts... :grin:

All four major polls have them ranked in the top ten.

Plus the coaches.

You can make the case that all those folks and computers are wrong if ya like. They have been wrong before.

I just like the blue field.

:Cool:

Yeah, what are all the big boys afraid of?

A repeat of BSU vs Oklahoma bowl?

The "they don't play anyone" argument is tiresome.

Until there is open scheduling (not happening) or a playoff (don't I wish) the only way for them to play another extablished team is in a bowl.

I remember Utes handling 'Bama in a bowl not long ago, people have selective memory it seems.

The odd scenario is Arkansas and Georgia could play for the SEC and people are still talking a rematch of LSU/Bama and a 3 way tie in the West is settled by "opinion" (ie ranking).

So if SEC backers are OK with opinion settling a division winner/conference rep then why isn't it good enough for rankings and bowl matchups?

Can't support one use without saying the other is also valid.

All of which is why the SEC in particualr should support a playoff.

More teams in, molre wins, more validity.

Hogs and Dawgs!

:grin:

If Arkansas beats LSU & Bama takes Auburn, Bama goes to Atlanta because of higher ranking.

Tim, I remember that Ute game all too well. But, where have they been & whom have they beaten since then? That's what I thought.

Bama beating Auburn and LSU losing should not rank Bama ahead of LSU. Arkansas is ranked much higher than Auburn. And LSU beat Bama.

One should not discount the fact that LSU has the strength of schedule and the wins against ranked teams. All the crying seems to be for teams that playing for #3 and beyond. Yes, they can win a miracle game or two. I tend to agree with Danny's point on what have they done lately. It's this season that counts. Last year doesn't factor in, nor does next. I don't want to see LSU v. Houston over a Bama rematch. Give us Bama!

That being said I am stoked for Friday. LSU gets a BIG game at home, finally. Death Valley should be rocking and my gut tells me this game may be better than Bama.

The swagger is starting to show at LSU. Even the punter has swagger. He gets time on ESPN and he does commercials now too!They are cocky to the point of being almost scary. Just google "LSU Neyland" and watch the video of the entrance to that game. See if you can figure out what they are saying (Not kid or work safe). I would NOT want to face that group....ever.

Lets hope they bring that to field.

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!

Might not be a conspiracy but it surely is incompetence on the field supported by a head official who is the reversed by the group.

Of course if the head in the SEC was an FSU alum, and the same thing happened to UF, I'm sure it would be OK in gAtOrNaTiOn, right?

Go Noles!

It's Karma for St. Bobby of the late hits ;-)

Puhleeze,

that was merely stevie crying to the refs cuz he was scared.

You're showing your youthiness.

How about some factual imagery?

the_catch_final_1.jpg

Or was this before your time?

SEC official Doug Moesley called this TD catch incomplete because recieiver was out of bounds.

Yeah, right.

Ain't nothing new to us.

:grin:

IMO, they're a 7-8 win team in a power conference (B10, B12, SEC, P10) and 8-10 in a second tier conference (ACC, BE)

SEC not alone in producing NFL talnet

"An ESPN.com survey of NFL drafts from 1979 to 2009 revealed USC, Miami, Pittsburgh and Florida State produced the most fertile NFL draft pipelines over the past three decades."

I believe there are currently 14 Boise State players in the NFL.

That would put them just below the middle of SEC schools without the advantage of playing in the SEC.

There are also 39 from FSU, same as LSU.

Which SEC Team Has The Most Players In The NFL?

Share ArticleOct 13th, 2010

By Jon

1. LSU – 39 players

2. Georgia – 38 players

3. Tennessee – 37 players

4. Florida – 32 players

5. Auburn – 28 players

6. Alabama – 26 players

7. Ole Miss – 21 players

8. South Carolina – 17 players

9a. Arkansas – 14 players

9b. Mississippi State – 14 players

11. Kentucky – 11 players

12. Vanderbilt – 9 players

of course numbers changed this season.

In the 2011 NFL draft, The ACC had the most NFL draft picks through the first two rounds of any conference in the draft (15). The SEC came in second with 10 selections.

There is plenty of talent at many conferences, not just theh SEC.

I may be an anomaly in this crowd, but I really don't give a rats @ss about NFL football. Sure, I hope the Lions win the Superbowl, and if I can catch a game, I will (like tomorrow's Packers @ Lions game), but otherwise, Sunday is such a let down after a power packed Saturday of HUGE upsets played by kids who give their all and play some great football.

NFL? That's a retirement league for College Football players :smirk:

A & M sucks.

That's right I said it.

:mad:

They deserve to be the door mats of the SEC.

Prolly get scheduled for everyone's senior day.

:eek:

Archived