IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

The U loses at home on a replay overturn.

Florida continues to look like the best in the SEC East, next wekk is 'Bama.

We look like we have too many times the past decade.

Talent, mistakes.

Three third down penalties to keep drive going for Clemson and 2 fourth down penalties to keep drives going.

:dopeslap:

No running game, again.

But, redshirt backup has great game at QB and many players look to have an impact down the road.

That raod looks like 8-4 or a bit better, if we improve.

Liked the way Dabo handled Clemson's win by referencing the division championship.

That is the way I look at it too.

Win your division, win your conference, go win a bowl.

For too long the sages around here keep talking National when we still need to win our division first.

Sigh...

Off wekk should help, we had a ton of people hurt and looks like Oklahoma was still a bit hungover from the last game too..LSU looks strong.

Chaff is sorting out, 'Bama, LSU, Florida, South Carolina, all control their own destiny. At least one of those teams will be crying the blues in December knowin they may just be the second best team in the country and shut out of the BCS.

Go Noles!

25 straight wins over UK seems unfathomable, and given the back story of Weis facing his old defensive coordinator was interesting at first. I was nervous watching the first couple drives, UF fans are not used to seeing their punter on the field.

Gator D looked pretty good, 4 forced turnovers, lots of points all over the place. Get that backup QB over the jitters and the fumbles and I think we're got a legitimate shot to play for the conference even though I don't like the idea of playing Bama or LSU more than once a season.

I thought A&M had figured OSU out, what a surprise that last score update was.

Just like the commercials say, every week matters.

Bama has the best tandem (triplet) backfield in all of college football. And their defense ranks second in the NCAA.

From here on out my only worry is LSU. Much as I hate to admit it, those dudes are strong.

I'll call it now. If Oklahoma meets an SEC team in the championship game, they'll lose. The Sooners are good & deserve a lot of respect, but the SEC dominates when it comes to defense. And defense is what wins games.

P.S.

Can't wait till A&M gets a proper welcome to the SEC from Bama. :dopeslap:

Hi, Whip. :wave:

I think you should put your prediction where your mouth is next weekend... Me, you, Knifeboy.

We watch the game together.

Whatcha say there hoss, bring that houndstooth on into the swamp ;-)

I think you should put your prediction where your mouth is next weekend... Me, you, Knifeboy.

I'm in, bigmouth. Your house or mine? I can cook too, ya know.

:lurk:

I

I have the big fancy new kitchen.... And the smoker right handy.

Either way, I'm good.

I

I have the big fancy new kitchen.... And the smoker right handy.

Either way, I'm good.

I'll flip ya for it.

I would like to welcome the TAMU Aggies to the SEC! Great bunch of guys and gals. But buckle your chinstraps cuz we play nasty defense in the SEC! ...

What say we get back to the also-rans. FSU lost, & that's a bonus to Fl. Tn. had this week off, so that's a bonus to them. A week off to the the Vol's is equal to a win for them. Have I said lately how much I hate Tn?

I don't hate the Gators, I don't even dislike them. I just expect Bama to thump them.

And that's all I have to say about that. :Cool:

Blind squirrels and acorns.

Student will become master. Charlie beats Satan.

Or, we have some food, some laughs and drink a bunch of beers.

A tradition could be born!

That's some serious trash talking, y'all.

Too many mistakes for FSU to hope to win. The game was winnable (sp?) but thrown away with all that stupidity. Trickett looked pretty good, IMO.

U of M needs to tighten up the D still, by a lot cuz we have real opponents coming soon. Looks like Denard's going to be running a bunch if the other teams keep keying on the receivers like SDSU did. Tear 'em up, Mr. Robinson!

U of M needs to tighten up the D still, by a lot cuz we have real opponents coming soon.

Yes, this is the best time of year to be a Michigan man. During September, Michigan becomes ranked, Heisman talk starts flowing, M sweatshirts and flags unfurl, then come the Big 10 powerhouses and all the fun ends :cry:

Looks like Denard's going to be running a bunch if the other teams keep keying on the receivers like SDSU did. Tear 'em up, Mr. Robinson!

So long as Michigan is counting on Robinson running the ball, they have a very inadequate offensive plan as far as I'm concerned. Relying on one man to carry the show is a highly risky proposition at best. The major Big 10 powerhouses shut him down last year, and I see no reason to believe they won't do so again this year.

I say plan on Robinson staying in the pocket and actually have to be a quarterback. Too much rides on the quick and easy yardage he is able to acquire. Better to forgo that flash and get a good game plan together. Tailbacks? Wide outs? Hello, Michigan? You got any of those players on O?

Looks like BAMAGATOR (HUZBAND), Matt and I will be watching a game Saturday night in the same WAR ZONE...Love it....Smack talking,beer,and a turkey (just saying... :grin:) Matt and I have 2-1 watching odds over Danny but Danny holds the sports bet!!!!

What else could ya ask for....Florida Home GAME...Lets hope for a good game (NO STUPIDNESS from either team)...and may the best team win cuz ya may have to do it again for the SEC championship... ya never know.. :dopeslap:

SING ALONG WITH ME !!!!!

OH LORD it's hard to be humble when you are a GATOR FAN...OH LORD it's hard to be humble when BAMA is short in the STANDS....

That chomp just may end up being the sound of you eating your own words.

Can't be worse than Debbie's chicken and dumplings....DOAH...DID I SAY THAT? :rofl:

There's a bullet for you in the chamber on Saturday night... :grin:

Wisconsin vs Nebraska may be the big game wrt determining a BCS championship berth.

If the winner of that game wins out for the year w/no conference championship...

Boise unbeaten or a Nebraska/Wisconsin unbeaten team vs SEC champion?

Or will this be the year a one loss SEC doesn't make the game and Boise vs Neb/Wisc unbeaten?

If SEC team unbeaten, definite finals berth, but vs which other team?

"Humble" and "gator fan" should never, ever, EVER be used in the same paragraph let alone sentence. I truly do not believe they exist. At least, I've never met one.

I think the list of the greatest things ever (for them) goes something like this.

1. Life

2. Fire

3. Wheel

4. Sliced bread

5. gator football

Not actually sure gators know about the sliced bread though. :grin:

"Humble" and "gator fan" should never, ever, EVER be used in the same paragraph let alone sentence. I truly do not believe they exist. At least, I've never met one.

I think the list of the greatest things ever (for them) goes something like this.

1. Life

2. Fire

3. Wheel

4. Sliced bread

5. gator football

Not actually sure gators know about the sliced bread though. :grin:

GO GATORS

After reading that mess, I have to throw in my 2 cents

Humble" and "gator fan" should never, ever, EVER be used in the same paragraph let alone sentence. I truly do not believe they exist. At least, I've never met one.

1. Life

2. Fire

3. Wheel

4. Sliced bread

5. gator football

Couple of changes FUBAR needs to realize...

1. Life (good start)

2. God and Country

3. Family (Includes GATOR NATION)

4. Sex (more little gators...and only after the game)

5. GATOR FOOTBALL (for me... see rules below)

6. Sliced bread (Only at I-Hop game day morning)

As for the ROLL TIDE....KEEP ROLLING at least they are in SEC...

My rules for a successful college FOOTBALL season...

1. Florida wins national championship

2. SEC team wins national championship

4. Another team from the State of Florida wins national championship (Miami... at the bottom of this list)

I'm easy

All gatoR fanS are easy...

Maybe, Tim but all FSU fans can be had.... :rofl:

I tried to be nice in my replys.......

1. Florida wins national championship

2. SEC team wins national championship

3. Another team from the State of Florida wins national championship (Miami... at the bottom of this list)

Funny how the negative remarks come from FSU fans....I wonder how FSU would do in football with a steady diet of BIG BOY... SEC games every year.....

1993 top 25 included 4 SEC teams

1999 top 10 included 3 SEC teams

On the road to thier national championship title for these years how many SEC teams did FSU play? Hint (1)

Don't forget we lost two titles to SEC teams, UF and UT.

Relax, enjoy the game.

Next 2 weeks could set Florida up for the National title game.

As for the pic, I actually was looking for a fan made from alligator and that popped up.

What can I say...

;)

BTW, when it comes to toal football championships, all the other conferences are way behind the Ivy League.

:wave:

No...& they won't.

In case you haven't noticed, Bama's back to their old days of figuring out the opponent in the first half. Then in the second half they turn it on. That was The Bear's best strategy, & it worked more often than not. Nick is following in that tradition.

8 Nebraska @

7 Wisconsin

3 Alabama

12 Florida

Man, this stuff IS better than sex -- "not now honey the game is on" :Cool: (who am I kiddin'? At my age I can get that done at the next timeout break :smirk:).

I'm glad I still have my old 32" Sony TV with split screen and picture in picture. I'm watching both of these games at the same time, baby :thumbsup:

Gator+Fan+2.jpg

Let me tell you something: if I lived near Ann Arbor, I'd show up to Michigan Stadium every home game dressed like this guy!

Which would look extra strange on those days when Michigan isn't playing Florida. :grin:

Man, this stuff IS better than sex -- "not now honey the game is on" :Cool: (who am I kiddin'? At my age I can get that done at the next timeout break :smirk:).

James, you are far enough north that you make like a Canadian and do it doggie so that way you both watch hockey...

Big Al the turkey is soaking the brine... He will be put on the smoker Saturday afternoon to get this party started.

Gators all the way...

I've noticed.

They are awesome.

Just wonder if UF is as good as they seem to be which coould make it interesting.

Not easy playing in the sWamp.

Should be a great game to watch, hope I can stay up that late.

No...& they won't.

In case you haven't noticed, Bama's back to their old days of figuring out the opponent in the first half.

As Whip would say "prolly" right

Danny....Don't most most coaches then and now do this?

Tim....I am relaxed just felt like a couple of pages of "pot sturring" and being the "humble fan I am".... ;)

As for my Alma mater (Pitt), it turns out when the new coach said this year's offense would be "high octane", he meant ethanol. :dopeslap:

OK color me wrong! Pitt manhandled USF (#16) last night. :clap:

Arkansas hands out an early welcome to the SEC to the Aggies. What a game!

Good game!

A & M has a lot to learn.

Their defense has been bad for years now.

I'm in total shock over that Aggie/Arkansas game. I watched the first half and figured the Aggies were going to coast to a win. So then I headed outside to get all my chores done; come 8PM, I'm relaxing in front of the TV for tonight's colossal battles.

The Aggies were completely shut down in the second half. Incredible.

Keeping an eyes on TCU and S Carolina for now.

I'm in total shock over that Aggie/Arkansas game. I watched the first half and figured the Aggies were going to coast to a win. So then I headed outside to get all my chores done; ...

Interesting contrast, James. I was at an IDPA match early today, got in the truck around two & heard the score. I figures the "backs were done. Stopped at the store for supplies, got home & turned on the tube, & whhaaa? Arkansas down by seven & driving.

I fear the Aggies D is gonna a have steep curve to climb next year. I felt for their fans, though. The disappointment on their faces was a sad sight.

I won't feel so bad for the Gator fans tonight. :grin:

Buckeyes got nuthin today. I hate em, but I expect them to play excellent football. Michigan had better beat these guys this fall; better get while the getting is good, cause OSU will be back before too long.

Still, painful even for me to see.

I won't feel so bad for the Gator fans tonight. :grin:

My Name is Danny, and I'm a closet Gator's fan....

:wave:

432336190_sabv6-O.jpg

Goooooooooooooooooooooooo Gators!

Archived