IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

Gosh, Matt, I wouldn't have believed this without the accompanying photo. Well, you know what they say, 'pictures don't lie'!

Just when you think you know a guy, too.

When does Bama play LSU? Tell you right now, that will be the National Title Game. OK, Oklahoma has to figure in there, too, somehow.

Man, even though Bama was denied a touchdown on that sack just before the half, they still dominate this game.

Of course, we still another half to go, I hope Bama isn't really a second half team!

I won't feel so bad for the Gator fans tonight. :grin:

My Name is Danny, and I'm a closet Gator's fan....

:wave:

432336190_sabv6-O.jpg

Goooooooooooooooooooooooo Gators!

And that's all Matt has. A cheap set up with Dianne. Even Shawn is appalled. Funny though, I must say. Turns out the only turkeys today were the one on his smoker & the one's in the sink.

Bama plays LSU in Tuscaloosa on 11/5 for the Nat. Championship.

... I hope Bama isn't really a second half team!

Oh, but they are.

Meh, it wasn't the Gators night.

Defensive mistakes, injuries, etc. Bama played a better game pure and simple.

Food and company was great though.

Meanwhile in the minors, PAC-12, both UW & WSU won today at the same time. It aint much and by the end of the season it may likely be looked upon as the high water mark but we'll take it.

Nutten' mo betta than good food, ok...so so football, and good freinds..... You got us last night Danny...

As yes that dish you an LL brought for dinner was fantastic and MATT YOU out did yourself with the TURKEY....Debbie and I and oh yes Miss Sheila enjoyed ourselves last night and I think it should be a yearly event.....

We'll see...

Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan, Boise, Oklahoma State, Stanford, even Clemson and Texas could run the table.

LSU and 'Bama will have at least one of them lose.

In the East, Georgia is still alive and could upset the West winner in the SEC game.

Not likely, granted, but possible.

I'm thinking if 2 major conference teams like Wisconsin and Oklahoma (as examples) run the table and all the SEC teams have a loss, this might be the year that isn't good enough.

We'll see.

I think Wisconsin is still the best in the Big Midwest, don't know that LSU has the O to beat 'Bama.

Could be a lot of red at the BCS title game.

:Cool:

Kudos to Michigan & Michigan State, their game on the 15th should be a doozy.

Hey, we're unbeaten in October.

:rofl:

Go Noles!

Let me tell you something: if I lived near Ann Arbor, I'd show up to Michigan Stadium every home game dressed like this guy!

You'd show up for a Wolverine game dressed as lunch? That's just wrong on so many levels. :rofl:

I was amazed to see last night (between bouts of couch-sleeping) that teams ranked #8, 10, 11, 12, 14 & 15 lost. (I knew 7 or 8 would drop and suspected the Cornhuskers would be the victim.) And Northwestern apparently gave the Illini a run. Let the shuffling begin!!

A side note: When the bloody hell did Baylor and Stanford get football teams?!?!?!? Baylor is for religion and Stanford is MIT-light.

When does Bama play LSU? Tell you right now, that will be the National Title Game. OK, Oklahoma has to figure in there, too, somehow.

Man, even though Bama was denied a touchdown on that sack just before the half, they still dominate this game.

Of course, we still another half to go, I hope Bama isn't really a second half team!

I was flying Saturday and didn't get to watch much fb. But from what I see thus far, I think Bama is solidly better than my LSU Tigers. Our defenses are close but our offense hasn't been consistent, certainly not dominant. We also have linebacker issues. We'll lose 2-3 games if not more.

On the other hand it was great to see Air Force beat Navy. I was sharing a cockpit with a Naval Aviator who has a daughter that is a plebe at the Naval Academy making it even more fun. I enjoyed announcing the score over the PA.

(USAF) Colonel Hutch

ericfoerster

I am not sure that LSU can't take it to the house. They are looking better each game. The D played awesome yesterday and the offense sure can score on command.

Made the trip to Death Valley yesterday and had a great time. Had to get up at 5am to get to the hill before 9am. A fantastic place to watch a ball game!

Watching the UK fans as they walked around getting called out as "Tiger Bait" was loads of fun.

Coach walking the hill:

m_LSU017.jpg

Mike says they WILL win:

m_LSU025.jpg

Getting ready for the WIN! GEAUX TIGERS

m_LSU062.jpg

Ok so an innocent college football fan with nothing to lose comes on this forum and finds \

Gator+Fan+2.jpg

[/img] THIS!!!??? AWTFIT folks?

That boy just ain't right in the head or sumthin'.

I can't believe my frogs lost to the ponies for bragging rights in the Metroplex. Maybe if I just think about "Gator Boy" my evil thoughts of revenge will go away. . .

Eric glad to see you guys made it to the game. I'll be there this weekend for LSU Florida. It will be a tough game I think. If you are going let me know, I'llcome say hi to a fellow STer. I hope you are right but I think next year may be our year. Think of this: on offense we lose Lee, JJ, T-Bob, and Blackwell. No backs or wideouts. All contributors but no stars. Same on D we lose Brooks and Baker. That's it.

I am not sure that LSU can't take it to the house. They are looking better each game. The D played awesome yesterday and the offense sure can score on command.

Made the trip to Death Valley yesterday and had a great time. Had to get up at 5am to get to the hill before 9am. A fantastic place to watch a ball game!

Watching the UK fans as they walked around getting called out as "Tiger Bait" was loads of fun.

Coach walking the hill:

m_LSU017.jpg

Mike says they WILL win:

m_LSU025.jpg

Getting ready for the WIN! GEAUX TIGERS

m_LSU062.jpg

Borders, the rich, Wall Street, Steve Jobs, blah blah blah. It's time for some college football again.

Bama rolls over a good Vandy team, but what about Fl. & LSU? The gators will be be playing mad, so who knows.

Yes, thank you, Danny, for returning us back to sanity!

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about Ohio State at Nebraska. The Cornhuskers just got their heads handed to them by Wisconsin, so now they have to rebound, prove themselves, and exact revenge on somebody.

The Texas-Oklahoma might be the game of the weekend.

Florida-LSU? No doubt it will be a brawl, but let's face it, the Gators just don't seem to be at that level :Cool: Sorry Matt!

Florida-LSU? No doubt it will be a brawl, but let's face it, the Gators just don't seem to be at that level :Cool: Sorry Matt!

Thanks for saying it for me, James. Matt is where I wish I were, & that's all I have to say about that.

Thanks for saying it for me, James. Matt is where I wish I were, & that's all I have to say about that.

Except, last year he was in the same establishment a week earlier, watching the Gators lose to the Tide 31-6. It wasn't pretty.

Well, I couldn't watch the Michigan/Northwestern game, so I watched Nebraska/Ohio State. Here I was thinking that this would be THE upset of the day, when here comes Nebraska storming back from what had to be a 27-6 deficit. Holy smokes. 34-27 Nebraska as I type this with with 2:50 to go.

So I guess the Florida State @ Wake Forest is the upset of the day among ranked teams.

Vanderbilt's D scored a moral victory in holding Alabama to 34 points :Cool: That's fewer points allowed by any team 'Bama played this season other than Penn State!

Oh, and Miami almost did what no one expected them to be able to do, win at Blacksburg. Almost, but not quite.

I love this game! (Of course, next week Michigan is at Michigan State. We'll see how much I love this game then :smirk:)

GO BLUE!!!!

That is all.

They waited until the second half to do it, but "GO" they did indeed. I must admit, I was a bit alarmed at the 24-14, Northwestern U, half time score. But Michigan came out and their D totally shut down NW in the second half, while the O scored 28 unanswered points.

I still can't believe Nebraska came back and won that game. Wow!

What in the heck did I just see?! Nebraska just played 2 and half quarters of the worst football I've seen. Down 21 points in the third. Win by 7..... Love Big Ten Football!!!!!!

James,

Too much hype for a young team and a head coach with one year under the belt.

We looked as bad as we ever did in the recent morass of seasons and this after an open week.

If Jimbo doesn't learn quickly what it takes to win the games you should win, never mind the ones you aren't, he is gone.

Our O line is in shambles and can't run or pass block.

O has 4 turnovers, D gets none, 13 penalties that kept opponent going or shortcircuited a big play. Same ol same ol....

Lack of Discipline.

Too much hype and the real prospect of having to beat UF to be bowl eligible.

Thought OK and OKState looked awesome.

LSU and 'Bama did as expected.

Could have an unbeaten in 5 conferences at end of year.

PlAyOfF baby.

Woah, according to the USA Today/Coaches Poll, Michigan is ranked #10! I cannot remember the last time they held a ranking that high. Even if they lose from here on out (a very distinct possibility :smirk:), this will be a weekend ranking to remember!

Woah, according to the USA Today/Coaches Poll, Michigan is ranked #10! I cannot remember the last time they held a ranking that high. Even if they lose from here on out (a very distinct possibility :smirk:), this will be a weekend ranking to remember!

Growing up in Michigan, it's good to see the Wolverines ranked again. Their schedule looks pretty good here on out. But, I don't want to jinx them, they are playing the Spartans this weekend. I grew up in Michigan during the Bo Schembechler days (30+ years ago) when The Wolverines were the team to beat with regular trips to the Rose Bowl.

I'm a Florida resident now and things are not good in the sunshine state. I copied and pasted this story I found.

*Florida is out of The Associated Press Top 25 poll. Not just the Gators -- the entire state. For the first time since Dec. 6, 1982, no Sunshine State team was among the AP rankings on Sunday, marking the end of 472 straight polls where either Florida, Florida State or Miami -- and usually all three -- were on the list*

That's amazing! I never would have noticed that a Florida team wasn't in the rankings. You just assume at least one (if not all) teams are ranked like you assume the sun will come up tomorrow. Incredible.

What in the heck did I just see?! Nebraska just played 2 and half quarters of the worst football I've seen. Down 21 points in the third. Win by 7..... Love Big Ten Football!!!!!!

Crazy game. I turned it off at halftime to catch up on a few shows on Netflix. After an hour long show, I decided to switch back over to check the score........just as Big Red tied crossed the goal line to tie it up. Needless to say, I never went back to my Netflix show.

I do love watching Ohio State fall apart :)

I've held off, but I can't stand it any more. Bama played lazy. I had heard that Vandy had a good team this year, & I saw it last Sat. They are good. They will surprise some SEC teams in the next few years. They might even beat the Gators, though that's no mean feat anymore. :grin:

Anywho, if you happened to see Saban's halftime interview, you'd have seen how livid he was. I don't think I would have wanted to be in the locker room for that beat down. The second half reflected his feelings.

With that & Oklahoma's thumping of Texas, I'm surprised they're still #2.

Ole Miss, Tenn, a bye, then LSU at home. It's gonna be an interesting month.

Ole Miss, Tenn, a bye, then LSU at home. It's gonna be an interesting month.

Well, that's the thing about this sport, it just get more and more intense until the National Championship game, when it all explodes.

There's still November, the Conference Championship Games, and then Bowl Season.

I cannot wait for the 'Bama/LSU game. Hoooo SWEET! :grin:

As one of my favorite, old-time actors used to say, "How sweet it is!" :thumbsup:

So, James, whom do you think will prevail in the Bama/LSU game? Not a trap, just an honest query.

That's a very tough question. In some ways it comes down to this question: if given pretty much equal teams, who will win, Nick Saban or Les Miles?

I love Alabama's defense, but I think LSU has the edge offensively. Both teams, clearly, are no slouch in either area -- offense or defense.

This is a tough one, but I'm going to go with Alabama for the following reasons:

- I have long been an Alabama fan, I have never been a LSU fan

- I think Nick Saban is the tougher, more seasoned coach (he LIVES for games like this one. He'd rather gear up for this than a Saturday hosting Montgomery Community College football. He FEEDS off of the energy games like this create. He's quite at home in this context I think.)

When Florida opened up with that touchdown a couple of weeks ago, I thought to myself, "yeah, so what. Here comes Alabama's answer". The rest of the night was spent watching Alabama's answer! If LSU scores like that, I'll be a lot more nervous. Saban's gotta kick them in the balls hard, fast, right out the gate. Send LSU reeling. Do that and it's over. Fail to do that and his boys will feel like they've been abandoned in a firefight with the Taliban in the mountains of Afghanistan :smirk:

That LSU bye is advantage Alabama in my view.

The Tiger is going to roll tide if I think what I have seen at the last two games is true. It just seems that LSU has two gears. One can score at will, one just coasts and still scores. The only thing that worries me is the game is in Bama's house.

Those LSU boys live for this as well.

I just wish this one was in Death Valley.

Its going to be the game of the year in college ball....aside from Baylor beating TCU.

I just wish this one was in Death Valley.

I just bet you do. And I'm just as glad it's in Tuscaloosa.

Four weeks out, & I still say it determines the National Championship.

Na, this is just what the wife likes to do (How lucky am I?). She is a crazed football fan. Usually we do 5-10 thousand miles a year following high school ball. This year she decided to split it with college ball.

Neither of us went to schools with such tradition. Hers only fills buses with manure and mine was really only good in baseball. We have since adopted LSU since we live so close and the fans are so awesome.

The wife has always been a huge SEC fan, so thats how we spend our time.

Here she is greeting the Florida Band:

m_SAM_0588.jpg

We consulted with Mike following the Florida game and he was just worn out. We didn't get an answer from him on the Bama game:

m_SAM_0646.jpg

So the ol ball coach has finally reached the end of the road with Garcia and kicked him off of SC team, again, and finally?

GArcia tersts positive for alcohol and marijuand and is "flabbergasted" he is dumped.

Really?

His reisnstatement waspredicated upon clean UA's.

Who is the bigger dolt, Garcia or Spurrier?

It was definitely time for Garcia to go. Interesting timing, now that his backup is playing better than him.

On a related note, I saw Coach Spurrier has refused to do press conferences with a certain reporter in the room because that reporter wrote a damaging (and untrue per Spurrier)article about the coach's dealings with a prospective player. Something similar is going on in Nebraska right now. Coach Pelini is always prickly with the media, after the game Saturday night he actually stared down and barked at a young reporter who wrote a critial article the previous week. Pelini seems to thrive on "us against everyone" mentality and teaches it to his players. The problem with that is the kids only hear the 1000 idiots in the crowd that are booing, and don't notice that 86,000 are still cheering them on.

I feel Spurrier's actions were more justified than Pelini, but it brings up an interesting point about media access. Today there are so many media outlets with 24/7 coverage that the reporters are constantly badgering the team for news. Add the bloggers to that and it's just overwhelming. Should athletic departments shut down certain media access?

After underwhelming stretch our players have been shut down from Twitter etc.

Could see the day when a disgrunteld player tweets from the bench.

So, James, whom do you think will prevail in the Bama/LSU game? Not a trap, just an honest query. [/

This is a tough one, but I'm going to go with Alabama for the following reasons:

- I have long been an Alabama fan, I have never been a LSU fan

James James James... That really hurts.

BTW my Tigers are quite comfortable playing away against Bama. Since 99 we are 8-3 vs Bama, including 4-1 at Bama. Now go back long term and Bama has an overwhelming series lead as they do against most teams. I think the game is a toss up.

LOL! Sorry Hutch. I have nothing against LSU, I just never found myself really following them. They have long been a powerhouse of a team, and I did notice that when Nick Saban left Michigan State to coach at LSU, the team did quite well, winning a national championship if I recall. And as a Michigan man, I love seeing Les Miles do as well as he is doing. But me and 'Bama go back a couple of decades anyhow, so that's where my loyalties lie.

No doubt it will be a great doozie of a game for sure!

I'll bet that until Les Miles showed up, you didn't even know Michigan had a football team, did you? :Cool:

In the words of the great Keith Jackson, "it's gonna be a real slobber knocker".

It is amazing that one University's Communication Department can produce two such divergent gents as Keith Jackson and Edward R. Murrow. GO COUGS!

LOL! when Nick Saban left....IT BECAME VERY PERSONAL

THIS SAYS IT ALL

Holy smokes! I'll stay here and steer clear of that whole "love and hate" thing. Wow!

As a Michigan man, I have no love for Michigan State, and in fact they're our greatest rival (along with Ohio State and Notre Dame). So I was glad to see Saban leave the State of Michigan! Now he's your problem :smirk: Congrats! :grin:

... I was glad to see Saban leave the State of Michigan! Now he's your problem :smirk: Congrats! :grin:

I'm not sure how to take that, so I won't.

As for the LSU hate thing...typical. Bama fans have always been hospitable. LSU, not so much. I have a good friend whom is a Gator alum that will attest to this as fact. She's been to every Fl. game in the SEC for the last five years & she swears LSU is the worst. Tenn. runs a close second.

Take it this way, LSU is all steamed up because Saban came, Saban lead, now Saban's with the enemy. Therefore, LSU is all in a tizzy over him, thus he's their problem. If he leaves Alabama to coach at Florida, then he'll become your problem, too!

1. @Danny - LSU fans think Bama fans are among the worst, right behind UF and AU.

2. @BM2K - Saban is no longer our ghost. We are quite happy with the Hat.

3. and yes I knew UM had a football team. Always had a huge respect for UM. One of the all time greatest programs in CFB history.

Before anyone fussees at me about the fans comments, what I really would like to see is a return to true sportsmanship in CFB. I actually wrote an email to our AD this week outlining the lack of sportsmanship we exhibit in BR. Vulgar language,, this past weekend from UF fans, but Tiger fans do it also, confrontations etc... Just doesn't have to be that way. I teach my son to knock his guy on his butt, help him up, then do it again next play.

Archived