IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

I'm just pissed that pretty much all of the bowl games are/were on cable (including the so called "National Championship"). It gets worse every year. Pretty crappy that I can't call the cable company and get a 16 day subscription to ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU just for the bowl season. I was really disappointed when I saw the TV listings this year and realized I might get to watch a maximum of 4 bowl games without going to a friends place or the local watering hole.

On top of that, I swear the bowl matchups get worse and worse each year (with a few exceptions). I hope Bama thumps LSU, OSU cries foul, and the whole BCS thing gets dragged through the mud some more. Getting fed up with College football all together. Bring on a playoff!!

ESPN3--Internet streaming video--is your friend.

Good call......I honestly never knew it existed. I could always get live ESPN feeds, but they were being relayed from Europe and of poor quality. I'm guessing because they were being illegally bounced off some satellite on the dark side of the moon. This is crystal clear video and NO commercials. Awesome :thumbsup:

Do you know if they streamed NFL Monday Night Football on it as well? I'm guessing not......but if so, I would officially never miss cable again.

Bama wins the first quarter, & ends it with a big play on the honey badger.

:lurk:

Just heard a stat 5:47 left in the 2nd quarter, 'Bama has 10 first downs, LSU has only 1 so far in the game. Alabama is moving the ball easy enough, but they can't find the end zone. A couple of field goals and a blocked attempt is all they have to show for it so far into the game.

They need to get into the end zone or all these yards and wonderful stats won't mean jack if they go into the locker rooms at the half only up by a couple of field goals. LSU can erase that lead in a heart beat.

I'm surprised how flat LSU looked in the first half. What was that all about I wonder? Seems like both teams are 2nd half teams. So I guess the game is finally gonna start getting under way when they come out onto the field.

If you're just tuning in, you haven't missed much, yet, that's for sure.

You're right. Red zone scoring is where it counts. Les ain't done yet.

Or is he? These 3 point chip shots are starting to add up! 15-0 with 22 sec left in the 3rd quarter. If LSU has an answer, they better put it in action NOW!

Wow, Alabama is showing us the best defense in all of college football. Impressive :thumbsup:

Touchdown Alabama! Congrat's Danny. Can't ask for more than a shutout.

I'd say this one is in the bag, folks. Alabama clearly demonstrated that they are truly, legitimately, unanimously, indisputably, and solely the National Champion of College Football :clap:

Seems like just yesterday we watched Alabama defeat Texas for the national title.

Oh yeah, Auburn beat Oregon in last years game.

Wow. Alabama! That was a performance. Shut out LSU?!? Are you kidding me? I can't believe it. Wow.

Anybody care to speculate as to why LSU was so flat tonight?

I heard through the grapevine a few days ago that Les had worked them so hard over the last month that they had beat themselves up. Frankly, right now I don't care. :rofl:

No.

But we'll let you start the next college football thread for 2012.

How'd that be.

Now for your prediction. :grin:

MB>

Bama wins two straight. That's my prediction.

But we'll let you start the next college football thread for 2012.

I think Danny deserves this honor. OK Danny, this thread doesn't formally get under way until you kick things off in the fall :thumbsup:

Danny congrats on a great win by a great team. We were whipped physically, outplayed and out coached. We had a great season beating 8 top 25 teams but couldn't pull it off 9 times. Well deserved championship. Come on September...

I'm frankly surprised Les didn't have more, no pun intended. He's a crafty coach, & I expected some surprises out of him. The game next year in Death Valley should prove to be a great one.

I have a lot of respect for Coach Miles, & I think he has a few championships coming in his future.

Eric, I trust you had a good time in NoLo beside the game.

I was also Danny. We have the potential for a better team next year. Most of our key losses have top talent to reload with. But that's all for next year. This is your night! Enjoy it. It certainly stings but I was reminded (indirectly )by my brother today that it's only a game. He has leukemia, in remission. That is not a game. Brought me back to earth from my pity party.

I see BAMA, LSU and USC 1, 2 and 3 to start the season.

BTW I never dreamed I'd have a championship season screwed up by Iowa St?!

Only have one question: Is playing football more dangerous than riding a motorcycle? Add that to the research variables, please.

It will be on Sept 1st, 2012 when Michigan and Alabama face each other in their season opener at the Kickoff Classic! Oh man, I pray those guys I saw playing last night are graduating, leaving for the NFL, or get arrested before that game. There is no ATGATT for that Alabama defense :smirk:

See you in Dallas, James. :lurk:

I might just join the Honda forum and hang out there :Cool:

The good thing is that unlike most seasons when Michigan is ripping through September and everybody is excited and the papers have them highly ranked and Robinson is regarded as Heisman material, only to face reality when it's time to play Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Penn State, or Ohio State, we will know right from the beginning how good or bad this Michigan team really is. Let them face reality early so they can decide what kind of team they are going to be and whether they are ready to pay the price of greatness, even if they have the talent to do so.

Although this is going to hurt a little :smirk:, I view this as a very good thing for Michigan Football :thumbsup:

Sept. 1 vs. Alabama (Arlington, Texas)

Sept. 8 Air Force

Sept. 15 Massachusetts

Sept. 22 at Notre Dame

Sept. 29 Bye Week

Oct. 6 at Purdue

Oct. 13 Illinois (Homecoming)

Oct. 20 Michigan State

Oct. 27 at Nebraska

Nov. 3 at Minnesota

Nov. 10 Northwestern

Nov. 17 Iowa

Nov. 24 at Ohio State

No Penn State

no Wisconsin next year.

Who knows?

I think Les tried to use Bo's play book from a 1970's Rose Bowl and ended up with the same result. It did look like Ricky Leach's arm.

If Michigan hopes to match this seasons record, they are going to have to step it up a bit. Sometimes, you're lucky and you win, like this season (ND, VT for instance). But that's not gonna fly next season.

I love it, look at this pre-season top 25 for next season's teams:

1) LSU(!)

2) USC

3) Alabama

I'm getting pumped already! This top 3 should give us plenty of excitement :thumbsup:

I neglected to include the link to that preseason poll, but it was on Yahoo Sports. I'm on my iPhone now so I can't go find it (well I could but it would be a real PITA).

No blasphemy at all. We were expecting all along that next year was our year and were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves 13-0, especially with our schedule. We are stacked but a couple surprise losses to the NFL could challenge this...

Well, let's see if I can relate this thought to this thread :Cool: but Wow! -- Tom Brady of the University of Michigan put a hurtin' on Tim Tebow of the University of Florida in their "college football retirement football league" today! :Cool::clap:

Next?! :thumbsup:

Oh, and what a playoff game between Alex Smith of the University of Utah and Drew Brees of Purdue University in their retirement league, too :grin:

Care to start an NFL playoff thread?

Matt & I were having a burger & beers a few weeks ago in a watering hole when the Falcons were playing the Jags. Julio Jones of Atlanta, formerly THE Crimson Tide, intercepted a pass. Out of reflex, I yelled Roll Tide. Matt correctly said, "Danny, he doesn't play for Alabama any more". His wasn't the only dirty look I got on that play. :P

Well, let's see if I can relate this thought to this thread :Cool: but Wow! -- Tom Brady of the University of Michigan put a hurtin' on Tim Tebow of the University of Florida in their "college football retirement football league" today! :Cool::clap:

Next?! :thumbsup:

Then again, how many championships have the Big Whatever won?

That's what I thought.

I'm not arrogant, I just know whom the best best conference in all college football is.

Just sayin'. :Cool:

Care to start an NFL playoff thread?

I suppose we could have, but most of the action is behind us already. And what an upset in Green Bay today! I think that was the greatest upset of the post season so far, greater even than the 49'rs upsetting the Saints.

Tell you what I want to see, another Giants v Patriots Super Bowl! That's what I want to see. Patriots were 18-0, and would have had the first perfect season since the '71 Dolphins, but the Giants rained on that parade. Time for some payback :Cool:

Then again, how many championships have the Big Whatever won?

That's what I thought.

I'm not arrogant, I just know whom the best best conference in all college football is.

Just sayin'. :Cool:

Awwww, OK, it's like that, eh?! When's our date with destiny? September 1st? Oh yeah, we'll be there waitin' for your boys at Texas Stadium. Just be ready to r-u-u-u-u-m-b-l-e :thumbsup:

Archived