IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

Thought about you while I watched that game. Once again, A&M has a double digit lead only to squander it with turnovers that lead to Texas touchdowns. They had a nice comeback at the end of the game, but they let Texas get within field goal range, and that cost them the game. Tough loss.

I would love for the Hogs to beat LSU today but me thinks it could get ugly! Hogs are playing in memory of the late Garrett Uekman(#88), a team mate who passed after last Saturday's game due to an undiagnosed enlarged heart condition while of all things playing video games. I attended last week's game and took this pic of Coach Petrino on the sideline not realizing Garrett was in the pic. RIP Garrett Uekman...Go Hogs!

379706_2479752445793_1612012405_2440428_1809395981_n.jpg

I may be an anomaly in this crowd, but I really don't give a rats @ss about NFL football.

Hijack alert.

The NFL seems determined to make everyone watch teams that aren't local. I want to watch the Bucs but can only see away games because of the stupid sell-out rules. I can't afford to buy tickets for 3 people, drive over an hour to get there, pay who-knows-how-much to park, spend $8(?) on each soda, $10(?) a shot on food, etc. just to "support" my favorite team. That's at least $200 of support I don't have for a 3 1/2 hour game. No wonder there are so many Packers & Bears fans around here.

I gave up NASCAR last year after 35 years, maybe the NFL is next (been watching since Fran Tarkenton days).

Rant over, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

End of three in Death Valley & it ain't lookin' good for Bama. :P I think LSU is about to step it up a notch & put this one away.

What'd I say. Five minutes ago it was 24-17. Now it's 38-17. Sorry to say the Hogs are done, & so is Bamas chance to go to Atlanta.

They still keep on with the LSU hate. I can't wait.

Geaux Tigers

This one has been earned the hard way. No excuses this time around.

Who? I don't hate LSU. Matter of fact, I have a good degree of respect for them. Having said that, I still hold Bama's interest above anyone elses.

Who? I don't hate LSU. Matter of fact, I have a good degree of respect for them. Having said that, I still hold Bama's interest above anyone elses.

Sorry, i don't mean you. The announcers continue with the drama the entire game. Kind of strange they still don't, or won't, give them props for what has been accomplished this far.

I know the angle is to sell the next game and build it up, but there does seem to be some bias against them for some reason.

I did notice they couldn't stop talking about Jordan J's arrest & the suspension of the three players for the Auburn game. Seemed a bit tedious to me.

Congrats LSU.

Ark did move ball at times but too much tiger in the tank.

Go Dawgs! (just to screw with the BCS :grin:)

Go Noles!

Great win in Death Valley and had a great time with all 3 of my kids and several cousins. Hog fans were polite and good sports. Most of you know me well enough to know talking about someone is not my MO but I will make an exception. Petrino is classless. Hog Nation deserves better. For those who missed it he pointed at Miles a mouthed FUMF. Full words. Very rude and cursory hand shake with Miles. Was rude to the sideline reporter at halftime. Then interrupted the Hog players that were participating in post game prayers with LSU players and ordered them to the locker room. He's an embarrassment to a great university.

Perry,

not as a defense, I had moved on before end of game, but later heard commentators saying Petrino upset over late fg.

Don't know how much time was left so can't comment about validity.

If fair amount of time, no big deal.

Watched Bobby Bowden have his teams take a knee at end of game inside 5 yard line plenty of times but I can see scoring until game ends too.

LSU certainly made the plays when it counted.

Go Noles, lambaste the lizards!

Man what a finish at Meechigan. Congrats to the wolverines!

+1

8 LONG years since they Beat Ohio = BCS might just be in the cards for them being 10 & 2

DRAINED THE SWAMP!

Go Noles!

Ugly game, a win is a win is a win.

2 years in a row "state champs".

Only need to win 49 more of them.

:grin:

Hope all the injured on both sides make a quick and complete recovery.

Well, this was anything but an "upset-Saturday" among the ranked teams. All the shoulda wons, won this weekend. And yes, I am very pleased Michigan beat Ohio State, but to me the Wolverines still look way too sloppy to be a serious contender for greatness. They may be the sloppiest 10-2 team in College Football.

That their defense gave up 34 points and yet Michigan still won the game is a testament to the strength of their offense. In general, though, and in my viewing experience, a great offense will only take you so far; you need a STRONG defense if you're gonna play with the big boys.

LSU looks TOUGH! I do hope to see LSU/Alabama meet one more time for all the marbles. Any other team will get steam rolled by LSU. Alabama will give us a great evening of football as they seek to dethrone LSU's :Cool:

Well, this was anything but an "upset-Saturday" among the ranked teams. All the shoulda wons, won this weekend. And yes, I am very pleased Michigan beat Ohio State, but to me the Wolverines still look way too sloppy to be a serious contender for greatness. They may be the sloppiest 10-2 team in College Football.

That their defense gave up 34 points and yet Michigan still won the game is a testament to the strength of their offense.

Yeah, the D was weak but opportunistic. Offense did pretty well most of the game. But if you keep scoring touchdowns it doesn't matter what the other team does. After all, the winner is determined by the highest score.

It was a very good day for my teams and, by extension, me.

Michigan beat OSU (The Game in The Big House!) :clap: :clap: :clap:

FSU beat Florida in the Swamp :clap: :clap:

The Lightning beat the Panthers at the Ice Palace (in regulation) with me in attendance. :clap:

It was a very, very, very good day. :thumbsup:

GO COCKS...

All the "analysts" were predicting that Clemson would win this one. Well, all but one. Lou Holtz must be feeling very smug after his prediction that USC would wipe the field with Clemson came true.

Clemson beat the snot out of VT earlier in the season; this means the ACC championship game might be interesting. This will be one of the few times I root for Clemson.

every year I hear about how great they're gonna be only for them to end up, after all is said and done, in the middle of the pack.

...sOUNDS lIKE Iowa...

GO COCKS...

All the "analysts" were predicting that Clemson would win this one. Well, all but one. Lou Holtz must be feeling very smug after his prediction that USC would wipe the field with Clemson came true.

Clemson beat the snot out of VT earlier in the season; this means the ACC championship game might be interesting. This will be one of the few times I root for Clemson.

+1 That was one of the better games they've played in the Spurrier era. I'm still playing Sandstorm on my Ipod.

But I couldn't root for Clemson if they were playing al Qaeda. Plus, I taught at VT for a while in the '80s so have fond memories.

VT's QB is much more experienced now.

Clemson's QB having issues now.

VT playing to prove something.

Clemson may not have it in this game.

VT's QB is much more experienced now.

Clemson's QB having issues now.

VT playing to prove something.

Clemson may not have it in this game.

The real Clemson has finally emerged from the fake Clemson that took the field for the first eight games of the season.

Well, we let them fake us pretty good, unfortunately.

Course we were playing back up QB, but still shoulda coulda and didnta.

Finally back from the big Thanksgiving trip so I had to return here to take my lumps for the Nebraska/Michigan game. What a pounding. To make matters worse, I had to listen to the Michigan local coverage of the game! My pain was brought into sharper contrast by their joy.

On on high note, I did get to attend the Iowa-Nebraska game in Lincoln. The game itself was a bit of a snooze, but the game time atmosphere and tailgaiting were second to none. I met a bunch of great people and really enjoyed it.

:thumbsup:

Alright James, "The" Ohio State University now has another big time coach, so your Wolverines will have a worthy target.

I am very pleased with this development. This can only serve to make the Big 10 even stronger. Now wins against Ohio State will mean something. Besides, the more competitive the conference is, the sooner you learn just how good or bad you really are. There's nothing worse than thinking you have a great team, you're highly ranked, and the announcers are excited, only to find out the hard way that you nowhere near as good as you thought you were.

I'm pretty sure Florida State was ranked in the top 5 earlier this fall, and Michigan in the top 10. Neither team has lived up to the hype. This is the kind of situation that a tough schedule weeds out pretty early in the season, which is why BSU doesn't have much credibility with me.

Alright James, "The" Ohio State University now has another big time coach, so your Wolverines will have a worthy target.

I just hope he doesn't wear that stupid preppie sweater vest. :P

Hey !!!! :)

Nah, he's asking the players if they know a good tatoo artist who can change his gator in bucky.

:/

Nah, he's asking the players if they know a good tatoo artist who can change his gator in bucky.

:/

That would be buckeye!!! :)

Now wins against Ohio State will mean something.
WTF?!? They ALWAYS mean something. If they didn't do you think an Ohio State University would be talking so much trash since '03?

... stupid preppie sweater vest.
That is repeatedly redundant.
Now wins against Ohio State will mean something.
WTF?!? They ALWAYS mean something. If they didn't do you think an Ohio State University would be talking so much trash since '03?

Yes, it does always mean something. If nothing else, it means peace from all the gloating from south of the border. What I mean by, "mean something", though, is this: Ohio State is down on their knees right now. On probation, under sanctions, interim head coach, yet last Saturday's game was the best we could do? Hmmmm.

I wanted to see us beat a Jim Tressell lead Ohio State football team! I wanted to see us knock them down when they are standing TALL! I look forward to Michigan denying the Buckeyes a perfect season under Urban Meyer, THAT'S what I'm talking about when I say, "means something". Has national implications! Has Conference implications! Changes the landscape -- that's what I'm talking about "means something".

On a different note: look at the USC Trojans!!! Sanctions, probation, etc -- yet in spite of all of that, they finish their season ranked #9 in the AP Poll! NUMBER NINE! This is supposed to be their season of penance, yet they thumb their noses at the rest of the league. I vote USC as the team of this season. Great job Trojans :thumbsup:

So, a question to all you rematch seekers.

What if 'Bama wins?

Now the teams are 1 and 1.

Split the title?

Play a 3rd game?

If LSU wins, then all the naysayers who wanted team X (anyone but rematch) will have plenty of fuel.

Don't see a rematch as solving anythhing.

If LSU wins big, even more so.

Gotta wonder what Satan would be saying if 'Bama had won first time....

If LSU beats Georgia they deserve to play another conference champion.

Go Dawgs!

:P

Tim I was with you right up to the point of Go Dawgs. BTW I have a huge respect for UGA and know they are well capable of beating us. I just want to win the SEC and cement the BCSCG spot but I find it interesting that by beating BAMA we put ourselves in the position of needing to beat UGA to ensure we get the privilege of... playing BAMA?!

Texas A&M University Athletic Director Bill Byrne confirmed Thursday evening that head football coach Mike Sherman will not be retained for the 2012 football season.

Wow, tough blow. I always liked Mike Sherman and I had high hopes for what he'd accomplish there.

Is it official that TA&M will be in the SEC next fall?

Who's your pick to replace Sherman?

So, a question to all you rematch seekers.

What if 'Bama wins?

Now the teams are 1 and 1.

Split the title?

Play a 3rd game?

Q: If all other collegiate sports can determine a champion via playoff, why not football?

A: Dinero, dollars, moolah, benjamins plain and simple.

These speculative scenarios only reinforce the need of a true playoff system in my mind. And until the powers that be finally acquiesce to a playoff, this will be fodder every season. I suspect said playoff will incorporate the current bowls in some as-yet-unknown fashion but I believe it necessary to provide for NCAA football finally what every other professional and collegiate sport doth already have.

I am sticking with LSU taking it all. Everyone else can play for second as it means nothing at all.

LSU controls destiny at this point. It is theirs to keep, or not.

Wow, tough blow. I always liked Mike Sherman and I had high hopes for what he'd accomplish there.

Is it official that TA&M will be in the SEC next fall?

Who's your pick to replace Sherman?

It is official A&M will be killed in the SEC next year... at least in football I think they will do very well in everything else.

Houston coach

Sumlin

I am sticking with LSU taking it all. Everyone else can play for second as it means nothing at all.

LSU controls destiny at this point. It is theirs to keep, or not.

Agree, well, except for an outcome where LSU flattens 'Bama and some other conference champions feel

slighted.

No doubt if LSU wins 2 more games they deserve #1.

Which gets me back to my point.

LSU wins 2 (after beating 'Bama) to be #1.

Bama wins one to be #1 after losing to LSU?

perplexing.

No matter what happens, there's gonna be plenty of bitchin' to go around after it's all done. And I plan to NOT participate. It is said that any team that takes the field has a chance to win. Maybe so, but UGA just doesn't have the depth or strength to match LSU. I wish they did, though. Bama had their chance to own it outright.

How about that MAC championship game? Ohio U was up on Northern Illinois 20-7 with 8:49 left in the game, and NIU came back to win 23-20 on the last play.

And as for that other school in Ohio, when was the last time OSU didn't end the season with a better record than Northwestern?

Archived