IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

Forgive me for starting a new thread on the topic, but it's game time, baby! I'm thoroughly enjoying TCU at Baylor; what a game this is turning out to be! Baylor just scored to take a 14-13 lead. Whoah Nellie! Watchout TCU, there's something about College Football that seems to love upsets.

Wow, what a kickoff return by TCU (McCoy). He just put his team about 25 yards from the end zone.

Tomorrow night: #3 Oregon at #4 LSU :clap:

How sweet it is! :Cool: (Yeah, I loved the Jackie Gleason show :Cool:)

Wow, that was a game! What a way to start the season. Massive upset for sure. TCU is all but done already with respect to any BCS appearances. That's College Football for ya!

Baylor deserved the win, props to TCU for comeback.

Big thumbsdown to Baylor coaches who rushed 2-3 guys against a QB w/cramps.

Giving the TCU qb time to just stand back there almost cost them the game. He couldn't run if they put pressure on him yet they chose to let him sit in the pocket while he dissected the secondary.

This following the decision to run the clock with too much time remaining and by going into the heart of TCU's defense?

What were they thunkin'?

Will this be the AppST of '11 or a precursor of doom for many ranked teams?

I say precursor. We'll know a lot more by the end of today as we marvel over all the other upsets (no pressure Michigan, but you better win today!).

U.S.F. looking good at 1/2 vs the evil college of 'Nutter Dumb.

Michigan D looking good so far. Way better than last year. Special teams, kick coverage especially, needs some work.

When the bloody hell did Nebraska join the Big 10?!?!?! Heard it mentioned during halftime. We don't want them! Pretty soon we are going to need pro length seasons just to play against everyone else in conference.

Fubar, where have you been? This was the talk of the off season, and the Big 10 being broken into 2 divisions: Leaders and Legends.

Michigan does look much better than they did under Rodriguez. Much better. Still not the strongest team in the Big 10, the usual opponents will still be more than a handful: OSU, Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State, and of course, Nebraska. But I am pleased with today's performance.

OFF season. My mind is dealing with other things. In season, I pay a lot more attention. I'm a fan that watches from start of the game to the end but nothing else. Never watch ESPN, etc. for all the pre-game/post-game "analysis". I don't even pay attention to the half time drivel. I watch the game then move on.

Now if the lightning will end we can get back to it!

They called the UM - WMU game in the 3rd qtr. 34-10 win for the Wolverines.

Looks like USF - ND is restarting after their lightning delay. Go Bulls!!! Almost an entire half to go there.

Fubar, where have you been? This was the talk of the off season, and the Big 10 being broken into 2 divisions: Leaders and Legends.

Michigan does look much better than they did under Rodriguez. Much better. Still not the strongest team in the Big 10, the usual opponents will still be more than a handful: OSU, Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State, and of course, Nebraska. But I am pleased with today's performance.

James,

repeat after me,

WiScOnSiN, can't say Big 10 without it and like I said months ago, w/the new QB they will be a handfull.

FSU covered the spread beating (in the only game of the day where both participants beat 'Bama the last time they played them) Louisiana-Monroe (Hey, they beat Alabama at 'Bama in 2007) but we didn't look good. Lot of room for improvement.

A good note, offensive line coach Rick Trickett's son Clint is the back up QB.

On his first attempt he threw a long TD pass.

Cool to see the old man (tough Marine) tear up a bit on the side line.

We need a big fix before Oklahoma in 2 weeks or it will be ugly.

Oh well, celebrate the day, Go Noles!

I'll say it. If Auburn played Notre Dame, I'd root for Auburn. That's how much I hate ND. Good for the Bulls! :thumbsup:

As for LSU/Oregon, too bad they aren't playing in the weather of Baton Rouge tonight. I have a feeling the Ducks would have the upper webbed foot. Go Ducks.

Now for next week. Sure, Bama beat Kent St. by 41, but 5 turnovers?!? REALLY?!!!? If they try that next week in State College, they'll get their ass kicked. I'm quite sure Nick will have them straitened out by then.

Oh, & how the hell did Auburn manage not to lose? Just when I was cheering, my hopes came crashing down. :P

Did I mention how happy I am to have college football back? :grin:

Look at the forum come alive! It must be September :clap: Hang on to your butts, 'cause a lot of pain will be doled out over the next 3 months. First, you gotta watch your team get upset. Second, you'll see reminders all day on EPSN and the local news. Third, you come here to get your mind off of things, and we're waiting to ambush you some more :Cool:

It must be September, baby!

Yes, what is probably the best team in the Big 10 now, Wisconsin! Yeah, that's gonna hurt :smirk:

I'm just bummed they don't face Nebraska in the regular season this fall.

Danny, I was referring to Tim's comment that I overlooked Wisconsin as a team that's gonna give Michigan hell this fall.

However, speaking of the SEC, how could Georgia let Boise State come in and whop them like that? Now we're gonna have to hear all this "BSU deserves a National Title game" stuff for the rest of the season -- unless they play Nevada again :Cool:

Y'all have not mentioned the game of the day.

UTSA defeat Northeastern 31-3 in their very first game ever.

:P

Alamo Plaza has been buzzing all day.

They are the only undefeated team in the NCAA.

Danny Danny Danny! Pulling for the Ducks? Where's your conference loyalty my friend? You needed us to beat the Ducks and you guys to beat us to help build your case in case you slip up and lose one. If everyone you play gets the crap beat out of them and you waltz to a 12-0 against nobobdy you get... well you get the Boise St. debate.

Geaux Tigers!

There were some very entertaining games.

Go Roadrunners! I used to go watch them play basketball when I lived in SA. Glad to see them playing football. The school is growing like crazy and there is alot of HS fb talent within a 100 mile ring of campus.

Y'all have not mentioned the game of the day.

UTSA defeat Northeastern 31-3 in their very first game ever.

:P

Alamo Plaza has been buzzing all day.

They are the only undefeated team in the NCAA.

Tell you what, Miami is doing a great job against Maryland given the circumstances. Maryland should have put this one away early, instead they're fighting with only a 2 point lead in the 4th quarter.

It really looks like they tried to make two different designers happy.

We like both your designs so you will get the right half and you will get the left half.

...and we will sew em together.

:dopeslap:

Lol! Yes, that pretty much does it.

I heard one of the announcers mention that someone at the school founded the Under Armor corporation, and somehow this design is related to that fact. Beats me.

They look like they're playing in their pajamas :Cool:

You guys shoulda paid more attention in history class.

The Maryland state flag is based on the Calvert family heraldic crest. It is the onlu US state flag with English heraldry so displayed.

Calvert was the original sumptin of Baltimore.

I love the unis.

If they had only continued the pattern with the pants...

Maryland was up emotionally and physically for the game and deserved the win.

Miami danced like they brought a cousin to the prom.

Michigan vs ND this week.

Go Blue!

Two guesses where I'll be on Saturday.

This game is more important to me as a Wolverine than even the OSU game. I hate ND so much (and for so many reasons(some valid)) that I root for ANYONE to beat them at anything, anywhere, anytime.

You guys shoulda paid more attention in history class.

The Maryland state flag is based on the Calvert family heraldic crest. It is the onlu US state flag with English heraldry so displayed.

Calvert was the original sumptin of Baltimore.

I love the unis.

If they had only continued the pattern with the pants...

Maryland was up emotionally and physically for the game and deserved the win.

Miami danced like they brought a cousin to the prom.

Thank you for clearing that up. For us Marylanders, the uniforms have historical significance. For us Terps, well its better than a red "M" or a cartoon terrapin. The founder of Under Armour, Kevin Plank, is a Maryland graduate and really is a great story of entrepreneurial success. The uniforms were designed by Under Armour. Love them or hate them, they got attention. Oh, and there's more to come, 16 variations of the new uniforms.

I had a great time at the game last night. :)

Shoulda done pants and socks too.

Either 50/50 or a harlequin.

Dressed out like that you have to play like a mad man.

So Okiedokie and UT are now shopping?

Stoops sez they're gonna do what suits them and phooey on Texus.

Hmmm, bulletin board here we come.

What's the story with Maryland's football uniforms? I have never seen anything like that!

Not as ugly as Georgia's, and nowhere near as ugly as Oregon's. Switching between those games, I thought the TV had gone on the fritz.

Yes, what is probably the best team in the Big 10 now, Wisconsin! Yeah, that's gonna hurt :smirk:

I'm just bummed they don't face Nebraska in the regular season this fall.

Nebraska at Wisconsin, October 1st, 7:00 pm eastern! That's our official "welcome to the Big 10" game and it will be tough. Of course, I like the Huskers to win the Big 10 but if I'm being more realistic I think Wisconsin's got it this year.

The Huskers QB Martinez still looks confused half the time and we've got very little behind him. Offensive line couldn't push Chattanooga around. We need to improve. On the upside, when Martinez wasn't confused he was running for touchdowns so that's nice.

I can't choose who I want to win the Nebraska-Wisconsin game. They both have red uniforms. I hate red.

How about a 9-9 tie? I guess I'll pick the Badgers cuz the other guys are noobs to the BIG TEN.

So who was I confusing then? Maybe it's Nebraska doesn't play Ohio State, or Ohio State doesn't play Wisconsin? I'll have to check this out. Man, getting old sucks!

The huskers will not win the Big 10. I concur with Husker Red. Not enough play makers for the Huskers to make a run for the title. Sadly, my prediction is Wisconsin. Going to the game this weekend in Lincoln. There is no place like Nebraska!! Wish y'all were here.

I wish I were there, too! Fresno State's been quiet of late, but not too long ago tomorrows game would have prompted some concern among the Corn Huskers.

I am really pumped about tomorrows Notre Dame at Michigan game. Too bad neither team is ranked. If you're not a Michigan fan, you probably won't even watch it (yes, that implies that not even ND fans will tune in :grin:).

This may be all the glory us Michigan folks will taste this fall. Folks will get all excited over Denard Robinson again, and Wolverines will be talking about roses and what not, but that's all before Michigan begins it's Big 10 schedule. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, and maybe even Minnesota will all bring us back to earth. What I want to see this fall is a team that is climbing back to the Big 10 power house status they used to enjoy. Next fall I don't want to have to worry about the Big 10 power houses. I used to laugh at them all not too long ago. Time for those days to return!

Thanks Danny. What are your feelings about tomorrows trip to Happy Valley? I would think this is a 'Bama open and shut case. Am I missing anything here? Of course, there are the immortal words of Chris Berman, "that's why they play the game".

Thanks Danny. What are your feelings about tomorrows trip to Happy Valley? I would think this is a 'Bama open and shut case. Am I missing anything here? Of course, there are the immortal words of Chris Berman, "that's why they play the game".

Posted on 9/03...

"Now for next week. Sure, Bama beat Kent St. by 41, but 5 turnovers?!? REALLY?!!!? If they try that next week in State College, they'll get their ass kicked."

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings for tomorrow. I'm confident they'll pull off the win, but it ain't in the bag yet, baby.

Just to note my prediction of 6 SEC teams in the top 25 is already upon us.

7 if you count Texas A&M :/ .

Good on FIU for having the fortitude and skill to beat a BCS team on the road.

Az St rains on the Big 12 which may give some impetus to those looking to leave the Big 12.

Will the PAC become the first 16 team super conference?

We have a weak team as a tune up for Oklahoma.

Not good.

I'm just hoping no one gets hurt and we play better vs OK than we did last year.

Go Noles!

Blue too...

This particular week my college is ranked #12 in the nation and my high school #13. I'm living the dream.

Is that team South Carolina? I like the Gamecocks, too. Too bad they're in the SEC; they'd be a national front runner were they in any other conference. As of now, they get the occasional big win over Florida or Alabama, but no SEC Championships or National Title game appearances. You've got to be real strong to run the table in the SEC, that's for sure.

clown-3055.jpg

You found my high school prom picture!!!! Been looking for that. :grin: Never did find my rainbow suspenders or the green polka dot shirt. Sisters are so mean. :cry: Thats what I used to wear on the bike for visibility. :thumbsup: Never got hit.

Installed the ESPN "app" on my Xbox 360 last night in preparation for the FSU game today. Watched an Australian Rules Football game just to test it out. Man, I missed that sport.

If you've never seen it, AFL makes the NFL look like a bunch of drugged grandmothers carrying a purse. Geelong beat Hamilton 98-75(?).

Poor Penn State! Every time they seem to get something going they turn the ball over. I suppose they're in a bit over their heads out there :smirk:

Poor Penn State! Every time they seem to get something going they turn the ball over. I suppose they're in a bit over their heads out there :smirk:

Ya think?

Bamas defense is just about to come into stride.

Good grief! The national title won't be going through Ann Arbor, either. Michigan finally scores a touch down. So far, it's been little more than television coverage of an ND walk in the park under the lights at night time.

Archived