IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

And what's with Nebraska struggling with Fresno State?!

Big 10 ain't lookin' so hot today. Wisconsin is the only one of our schools playing real football. Even Ohio State barely won over Toledo today. In the grand scheme of things, Penn State may be looking better than the rest of us :Cool:

OK, apologies to Illinois and Michigan State, they both won big today.

FSU looked good. Even the 2nd and 3rd stringers played very well. #5 ranking seems well deserved. The Buckeyes looked pretty weak against Toledo.

The Maize & Blue D looks a step behind early especially in the middle behind the line. Leaving the receivers too open and not getting pressure on the QB. Gotta change that now.

MICHIGAN WON!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Took them long enough to get into this game. ND was smackin' them around for 2 1/2 quarters. 24-7 at one point. Michigan climbed back into this game and came out on top. Let's face it, that Leprechaun is a closet Michigan fan. Must be, 'cause the magic was all Blue down the stretch :thumbsup:

Wow - fun game! Good on Coach Hoke by stating that they still have a lot of work to do during his after-game interview. The luck just wasn't with the Irish this time. Denard sure is fun to watch.

When I'm not pulling for the 'Noles, it's Go Blue!

BOO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail to the VICTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::thumbsup::clap::grin::clap:

I think I hurt myself celebrating. If feels really, REALLY good. :grin:

Florida has outscored opponents 80-3 and we have 96-10.

Not sure what any of tha means until another week or so.

Still having doubts, we have a bunch of new players (a very young team despite #5 ranking) more speed than in a long while, backup QB 7/8 w3TD's and a fourth string receiver scoring 3 TD's and a long punt return.

Potential yes, time will tell.

Next week Oklowhoma will try to whip us worse than last year and we'll try to win at home against #1.

Might turn out to be a good one.

Can Miss St coach get a clue?

He wasted so much time at the end of the Auburn game, almost like they need a fg to win and was trying to run the clock out.

But close to 40 seconds wasted, or more if they called TO earlier, end up w/1st and goal and no time to win the game.

:dopeslap:

10 seconds, no time outs, time for 2 pass plays and possible a last play run.

Instead they run, come up short, Auburn is 2-0 and if they keep finding ways to win???

The ND/Michigan game was a keeper.

Had to watch hi-lites this morning to see end.

Wow, some great plays and some bad defense makes for a classic ending.

Go Noles!

Beemerman, woo hoo!!!~! What a game.. Ohio State and Nebraska survives. Wisconsin is awesome. Penn State--coulda been worse. Iowa, well, see you at Thanksgiving!!

Moderator Edit: I tried to get these pictures to show up in this post, but to no avail. Nice shots from the Nebraska game.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/img1872k.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/img1896d.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/img1881dl.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/img1917yx.jpg

OH

IO

Go Buckeyes!!! :)

Good you guys can use those small words like that... :rofl:

My wife is an OSU "attendee" but not a grad. She got her BS from FU there in COLS so I feel compelled to rag on her.

Especially since she never reads the board any more....

Tell you what, Miss St is giving LSU all they can handle. Hard hitting, too. I expected LSU to have walked away with this game by now (10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter), but it's still anybody's game. Not even Oregon gave LSU this much grief.

Tell you what, Miss St is giving LSU all they can handle. Hard hitting, too. I expected LSU to have walked away with this game by now (10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter), but it's still anybody's game. Not even Oregon gave LSU this much grief.

I'm in Phoenix on a layover sitting on the edge of my seat, holding my breath...

Run clock run!

Hey Tim,

I don't know how significant the NCAA power rankings are, but FSU is now Number 1.

Well I wish they awarded the game based on that, :grin: , but a nonfactor at kickoff time

As the Noles work their way back to the upper echelon, a work in progress, games like this will be the measuring stick.

I know we are better than last year on defense, playing at home, but Oklahoma is being led by a fabulous QB running a no huddle that can overpower the opponent.

Nothing but respect for them and their team around here with the hope we can compete well enough to find a way to win.

Go Noles!

LSU's D looked really strong, very fast, good instincts, overpowering.

Miss St has had a tough opening schedule and may still end up a spoiler in the SEC.

Looks like the SEC west will beat up on one another sending one of three excellent teams to the conference championship game.

7 SEC teams ranked this week (before last night) , 8 if you count Texas A&M ;).

Tim good luck agaisnt the Sooners. They are very good but they can be beaten. The Noles are on the way back. Still a year or two from elite I think but Jimbo has been killing it in recruiting and it is just a matter of time. I still hate we let him get away.

LSU D is nasty in D line and backfield. Our achilles is our linebackers. They are just average for a BCS conference linebacking core. I don't think our offense, along with the linebacker core, is going to be good enough to get us back to the BCS Championship game. Especially when you look at our schedule - MSU, UK, UF, UT, AU, BAMA, UM and Ark. Not to mention Oregon and WVU in non-conference. No way we won't lose at least 2-3 games. Likely more.

Ya know I have a great respect for Boise and know they have a great team and program but I would like to see them play that schedule week in and week out...

Kudos to Boise from me too.

But last week they were off.

We played and won (yes a no contest scheduled back when) and they jumped us in the polls.

I think it unlikely they'll lose so they shouldretain high ranking

at end of season while others play tough conference championships.

If we can beat #1, wonder if we'll move up?

Like to think so.

Been watching the blimp fly overhead the past 24 hours, Go Noles!

Nate and I just scored a pair of tix to watch the Gators play the other UT. It'll be his first college game, I'm glad it's during our new coach's first conference game.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gators!

If we can beat #1, wonder if we'll move up?

Like to think so.

Sure you will. From 5 to 4. Baby steps, Tim. :grin:

Oh, Bama's playing some high school from N. Texas tomorrow night, so I won't have much to say this weekend. Unless there is some big surprise.

Ok, strike that. So Auburn is the only upset so far today? I'm hoping Florida State can topple #1 tonight, and I expect the Buckeyes will put on a clinic at Miami tonight.

17-6, Miami, at the half. Yeah, this would be the upset of the day if it happens. I'm no Miami guy, but this would be interesting. Sheesh, ND shut down Michigan State! That's a shocker to me. I suppose ND is very good if/when they play all 4 quarters of football :Cool:

"We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan"

That's what my wife says, but she's mad at me for the OSU picture I put on facebook tonight...

Great day at the Gator game today with my son, but boy did the UF D stink it up in the 3rd quarter. Just the same, a conference win is a conference win.

Sooners!!

Florida State is playing a great game considering the tough brakes they have suffered. Twice in the end zone called back: 1 for a holding penalty and 2 receiver Shaw got hammered to a trip to the hospital and dropped what otherwise would have been a sure touchdown. Now their starting QB is out hurt, so the 'Noles are having a bad night. But their defense has stepped up BIG against the Sooners.

If the Noles starting QB Manuel is out, then this game is as good as done.

Well we played better than last year.

Too many mistakes to win.

Had chances and will eventually win games like this again.

All time record crowd, first time I wasn't at one of those.

Oklahoma might not win the National Championship but they played well on the road in loud, hostile surroundings.

Next week at Clemson, a trap game no matter what we did vs Oklahoma and now, the way Clemson looked we need to regroup and fast.

Go Noles!

That was a lousy hit from OK.

I take it you mean that double whammy they put on Shaw at the goal line? That shot cost Florida State a touchdown. I was wondering how they were going to call that hit. On one hand, it was a catch, a hit, and a turnover. On the other hand, there's going to be a huge riot if they call it as such! OK, personal foul for leading with the helmet, nice.

That hit probably saved the game for the Sooners. The 'Noles got into the end zone twice in the first half, only to be denied touchdowns both times, the first being that holding call. Tough night in Tallahassee!

Michigan is ranked in the top 25! Better look fast, though. Might not be there this time next month. Michigan has only played 1 quarter of great football so far this fall, and even that one was suspect.

But, for now, they're ranked :smile:

Know what you mean.

We're beat up and on the road, starting a rookie QB against Clemson who looks like a very well coached team on the rise.

Several new ACC teams ranked, but like you said, well see...

:P

We could be a very good 2-2 team next week.

:lurk:

Or a 3-1 one with the inside track to a division championship and conference championship game (sounds like last year).

Go Noles!

Razorbacks visit Tuscaloosa this week. I believe Bama has the best tandem running backs in the country, & this game should be the first real test of my theory.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Ouch, so Manuel is still hurt from the OK game, eh? Tough blow. I am eager to see a strong Florida State team once again. I'm not all that impressed with Clemson beating Auburn, but without Manuel, the 'Noles are going over there a bit disadvantaged. That's OK, if I recall that rookie QB threw a touchdown on the Sooner defense last weekend, didn't he?

Danny, given how easily your boys dispensed with Penn State, I think it's going to take a very good team to match up with 'Bama, especially on their ball field. I don't imagine I'll even remember to check the score as that game commences this Saturday.

Auburn by all rights should be 0-3. They seem to be living off the Cam voo-doo.

Arkansas, even though it's at home, will be a tough game. Believe it or not, I have doubts about Bama's QB. He has a strong arm, but I'm not convinced he can handle a tough game from a strong SEC opponent. And the week after this they have to deal with a jacked up Gator team in Hoggetown. UUGGHHH!!! :P

Just being honest, & I have no idea if the respective QB's played high school ball in Tallahassee.

Hi Tim. :wave:

Our backup QB (starter this week?) played high school ball in Tallahassee.

There might be 6 locals starting across the country this week.

:lurk:

James,

We're down to 4 wide outs, 2 out w/concussions and one w/broken hand.

Our top recruit at WR (#8 last year ESPN hasn't played and they don't mention him getting on the field so?)

Our OL hasn't done the job and our very talented RB's seem lost in a rotation shuffle.

Took a 55 yd FG as time expired to beat Clemson last year at home so a win this week would be huge.

But Defense is still looking good so Go Noles!

That's OK, if I recall that rookie QB threw a touchdown on the Sooner defense last weekend, didn't he?

I wish us 'Noles fans could be encouraged by that, but Trickett's 3rd and 28 pass was rather off the mark. Fortunately, Greene had better wheels than the defenders, so he hauled it in. We'll take it, though. With EJ's shoulder a possible AC strain/separation, Trickett may be asked to do a lot more a lot earlier than planned. Their #2 receiver Haggins is now out for surgery on a broken hand. They need a running game and an O-line faster than you can throw a flaming spear...

And the week after this they have to deal with a jacked up Gator team in Hoggetown. UUGGHHH!!!

I do not see what you mean by a "jacked up" Gator team what I have seen from thier games so far is just so so football unless you talk about C. Rainey's work on the field...Still holding out until I see the Aalabama game myself....

And that's HOGTOWN to you....I'd rather see them play in HOGTOWN than in "MY COUSINS STADIUM".....It's on BAMAGATOR !!!

It'll be a good game.

At least one of them will lose for sure.

;)

Still think Gators w/CW at OC are a different team and much improved.

And the week after this they have to deal with a jacked up Gator team in Hoggetown. UUGGHHH!!!

I do not see what you mean by a "jacked up" Gator team...

When Bama rolls in to G'ville, the Gators are always jacked up. That's what I meant.

For those who enjoy your Friday Night Lights football, we have a coast-to-coast showdown brewing, which will be on ESPN2 tomorrow night at 8:00 pm.

Our local St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders, (who have recieved plenty of my tuition money) currently ranked #2 in the USA Today are playing California's De La Salle Spartans, ranked #5. STA have more players on the current NFL roster than any HS in the nation, and have won 2 National Championships, but have a new head coach this year. While Dan Marino and Don Shula are frequently seen on the sidelines for STA games, that's not going to help them tomorrow night. De La Salle have won 5 National Championships, and have an 11 year unbeaten streak in their resume. The most recent team to beat De La Salle is the Lakeland (FL) Dreadnaughts (coolest name in football, and home to the NFL's Pouncey brothers), in a 31-30 OT game with De La Salle getting stopped while going for it on a 2 point conversion, also shown on ESPN. That was in 2009. Lakeland have beaten (bad call at the goalline!) and been beaten by STA in some great statewide games in recent years.

Classic California v. Florida Football and the scouts will be watching. Should be a good'un!

It looks like Texas (OU, OSU, TT) has no place to go. Pac 12 doesn't want to expand beyond what they have now. I really don't feel sorry for any of the teams in the Big XII. Although I do wish the best for all former Big 8 teams. No one would listen to Dr. Tom Osborne when Texas tried to take over the conference. All the teams would vote with whatever Texas wanted to do (except Nebraska). Well look at the conference now. You made a deal with the devil, so you might want to sit back and enjoy it. The vibe in the BIG 10 is awesome. It is a real conference with the good of each member considered. It's not run by one bully member as was the case with the Big XII. Any conference that would let Texas in to it is asking for big big problems.

Thanks for letting me vent. I need to every now and then since Texas owned Nebraska on the field.

For those who enjoy your Friday Night Lights football, we have a coast-to-coast showdown brewing, which will be on ESPN2 tomorrow night at 8:00 pm.

I'm enjoying this game by the way. 10-0 at this point with 1 minute left in the first half. Long time since I watched a high school game, but this one looks and feels more like a college game!

Glad to hear it - it's been fun so far. 10-6 at the half with an expensive missed extra point by De La Salle. I think I noticed the humidity starting to pose a challenge for the visiting team, though their schemes have been very well executed. That's a very-well coached team. Hope the second half keeps us all awake!

That was a hell of a ballsy touchdown play by De La Salle. I love it when I see a team think outside the box and just get the job done like that. Yes, I'm hoping for a thrilling second half as well.

That run after the catch by Aquinas was incredible, and it led to another touchdown, 17-6. Sorry, but Aquinas wants this game more than De La Salle, and it shows.

Well, this one looks to be over with. Not sure why one of the premier teams in HS football have their starting QB also handling the punting duties. He is clearly a bit winded, and they lost the field position battle early in the second half with that bad punt that led to the quick STA TD. That took the wind out of DLS's sails, and that's all she wrote.

I hope the 'Noles were taking notes for tomorrow!

Archived