IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

Then again, how many championships have the Big Whatever won?

That's what I thought.

I'm not arrogant, I just know whom the best best conference in all college football is.

Just sayin'. :Cool:

Awwww, OK, it's like that, eh?! When's our date with destiny? September 1st? Oh yeah, we'll be there waitin' for your boys at Texas Stadium. Just be ready to r-u-u-u-u-m-b-l-e :thumbsup:

Meeshigan has some learnin; to do, much like Texas A&M. Welcome to THE SEC, the owners of college football. :grin:

( Has smack talk ever started this early? ) :grin:

I don't think it ever has, but hey, it's never been Michigan v Alabama around here either.

Now, I must admit that when Nick Saban coached Michigan State, he often got the better of my boys. In fact, I remember being quite pleased when he left to take the job at LSU :smirk: But that was then and this is now. Michigan has it's starting QB staying for his senior year, so he's looking to do something very memorable before he leaves for the Pro's, and this game is his opportunity for greatness!

If it's a question of, "who's hungry?!", then we have a great game on our hands.

I don't think it ever has, but hey, it's never been Michigan v Alabama around here either.

Now, I must admit that when Nick Saban coached Michigan State, he often got the better of my boys. In fact, I remember being quite pleased when he left to take the job at LSU :smirk: But that was then and this is now. Michigan has it's starting QB staying for his senior year, so he's looking to do something very memorable before he leaves for the Pro's, and this game is his opportunity for greatness!

If it's a question of, "who's hungry?!", then we have a great game on our hands.

Hongry? I'm thinking Bama's lookin' for their first repeat since '78-'79. It could happen.

That game is a long way off. It all comes down to coaching & motivation.

And thus, I'll start next years college football thread in late August, just before we Roll into Cowboys Stadium.

Sorry, James, 0-1 for the Blue. But if you have to lose, it's best to lose early.

Jess sayin'. :Cool:

Uh, Danny,

Julio is a wide receiver.

He may have caught a pass (think he caught a td in that game) but don't recall him playing defense.

I think there is a similarity to thte college/pro results this year following a tragedy.

OSU lost after the plane crash. Packers lost after coach's son died.

Giants playing great, 49ers playing great, Patriots playing great.

Ravens, hmmmmmm.

Prolly means Ravens will win.

:P

Man, I hope not. The Ravens fans at work are hard enough to deal with as it is. (Working on the outskirts of Baltimore) I forgot how many fair weather fans there are, but the purple jerseys on Fridays have more than tripled in the past 6 weeks. Since they beat the Steelers the 2nd time, most are already acting like they won the Superbowl. They are already crowing about how they destroyed the Texans? Really? Did they watch the same game as the rest of the country? Man I hate homers that can't look at a team/game with an objective eye. If they play next weekend like they did yesterday, New England is going to tear them apart. That would make my day :grin:

Man, I hope not. The Ravens fans at work are hard enough to deal with as it is. (Working on the outskirts of Baltimore) I forgot how many fair weather fans there are, but the purple jerseys on Fridays have more than tripled in the past 6 weeks. Since they beat the Steelers the 2nd time, most are already acting like they won the Superbowl. They are already crowing about how they destroyed the Texans? Really? Did they watch the same game as the rest of the country? Man I hate homers that can't look at a team/game with an objective eye. If they play next weekend like they did yesterday, New England is going to tear them apart. That would make my day :grin:

I lived in Baltimore during that horrible, snowy night that the Colts snuck out of town. For that reason, I always thought it was horrible to steal the team of the fantastic Cleveland fans so have never thought much of the Ravens.

But it was probably an outstanding catch.

One of the better young wide receivers in the NFL

who should have a great career.

Keith,

Ravens win ugly, at times.

Since watching Flaco at Deleware I have thought he was pretty good.

First QB to make playoffs first 5 years of career.

My sentimental choice in the 'Niners.

A matchup of brothers not name Ryan coaching in the Super Bowl?

:S

Keith, I agree about the fair weather fans, but there are some of us who root for the Ravens week in and week out, win or lose.

As to Steve's point, I distinctly remember the night that the Mayflower vans loaded up the Colts and took them away. Even as Baltimore was screwed over time and time again by then commish Tagliabue when expansion franchises were being placed, I too did not like the thought that we got a team the same way that we lost one. At least Cleveland got to keep the Browns name.

I also remember that my Dad told me after the '68 Colts lost Super Bowl III, that never again would he get so tied up in a professional sports team, so that helps me keep somewhat of an even keel.

The Ravens D and special teams can keep them in some games that the O does not. I have a hard time seeing how they will beat Brady and Belichick, but they did so the last time Flacco led them up to Foxboro in the playoffs.

What is it Berman says, "that's why they play the games."

I finally dug my way out of the pile at work. You know they punish you for taking off.

First, the loss to BAMA was well deserved as lack of planning or poor execution caused us to miss the mark in a horrible way. My hat is off to Bama for bringing to game to NOLA.

The trip to the game was a well needed vacation for my wife and I. She is a football nut, so this trip was as most football trips go with her. 5 hours with her in the truck spewing stats and player profiles. She would occasionally stop to yell at passing cars with BAMA flags or stickers. This was followed by the animated “GEAUX TIGERS” when she saw a vehicle sporting the purple and gold. We did our usual trip by the campus to consult with Mike the Tiger and get his take on the game.

The trip was well worth the cash it took to get in the game (Insert a hell of a lot of money). The atmosphere in NOLA was insane. We hit Bourbon Street on Sunday night for the freak show. It was pandemonium, and a sight I rather not share on a site such as this. Most parts were fun, but some were scary to the point I am glad I did not work in the area. Beignets and coffee were the order of the night for me. I really tried to pre-burn calories prior to massive intake of sugar and dough, but I am not sure I ran enough to burn what I took in.

Game day was an absolute blast. Champions square was really neat with vendors selling Bama and LSU gear in every size, shape, style, and things I didn’t know could be imprinted with team logos. The city did a great job laying things out and several blocks around the stadium were closed to vehicle traffic.

The game……well, need I even report that here?

We did meet some really neat people at the game (see the pics). In the end I have to say that if the Tigers make it Miami next year we will be there to support them. What an experience.

It was one heck of a season following the Tigers. At least we made it to the BAMA vs. LSU game one where the Tigers whipped them at home (I had to include that picture to make myself feel a little better). We made every game but two. We were in it for the run.

My advice those who can ever make a BCS Championship game; LIFE IS SHORT, DO IT!

Here are a few pictures from the trip.

And to eat some crow….ROLL TIDE….until next year!

m_photo-33.jpg

tigers.jpg

m_both.jpg

dome.jpg

m_beads.jpg

amyjames.jpg

m_charles.jpg

GAME ONE

m_LSUBAMA009.jpg

We are still good with Mett and Rivers. My feeling was Kiel was never going to make it here. He has pulled out from several schools to this point. LSU is a hard sell for kids who lean on the parents for support. Mom wanted him to stay near home and that maybe better for him.

Those LSU boys tend to grow up pretty fast, so a strong personality is needed to avoid trouble.

Those LSU boys tend to grow up pretty fast, so a strong personality is needed to avoid trouble.

Didn't Jordan Jefferson and Josh Johns learn that most trouble can be fixed?

:)

It does happen at most schools, right?

I think the Jefferson thing was a lack of probable cause issue; so that was a fair result. Don't know about the other.

Can't do much worse than Mc Carron with LSU in his face. I don't recall Mc Carron punching it in for Bama against LSU yet. As I recall it has been 1 rushing TD by the RB and field goals. But thats just this year. Next year can't come soon enough.

I just pray there is not another mulligan bowl, as does most of the country.

Yes, Bama won that game.

I really wonder where LSU ended up in the BCS ranking after the game?

It is all clear now.

Yes, Bama won that game.

I really wonder where LSU ended up in the BCS ranking after the game?

It is all clear now.

I know. BTW, how are those "we're #2" shirts selling? :rofl:

Whatever makes it feel better.

13 and 1 vs 12 and 1

I understand how you feel.

:dopeslap:

I'll start the 2012 college thread next August. It'll be a great year. :thumbsup:

I have my Bama tickets in hand. You should come sit with us at Tiger Stadium for the game. I prmise I won't Tiger bait you. We feed our guests well and I think you would have a great time. Not as shiny as Denny, but full of crazy fans and lots of fun. Come on down!

Should we start last week? I've got nothing better to do. :grin:

Go for it!

Can you tell I'm bored already that the season is over? East/West Shrine game? Give me a break!

Should we start last week? I've got nothing better to do. :grin:

Go for it!

Can you tell I'm bored already that the season is over? East/West Shrine game? Give me a break!

Oh, tell me about it, I habitually go to the College Football pages on Yahoo Sports and ESPN!

JoePA not doing well. Local reports are he isn't leaving the hospital. Friends and family have been summoned. Breaks my heart its ending this way :cry:

JoePA not doing well. Local reports are he isn't leaving the hospital. Friends and family have been summoned. Breaks my heart its ending this way :cry:

Reminds me of how quickly Bear Bryant and Woody Hayes died after leaving coaching. Bobby Bowden is one of the few who coached so long and seem to be doing well afterwards. Except for tussling with Peggy.

I would offer that the reason Bobby has fared well (even prosperiong after his cancer) is that football was never #1 in his life.

Family and his belief in god came before football.

Some of the others being mentioned seem to have a different

set of priorities (I base this on what they did not what they said).

Every player recruited by Coach Bowden was told the same thing.

Family and faith come before football.

Bobby frequently spoke at churches of all faiths and players were welcome to attend.

There can be no doubt about the sincerity of his beliefs and the manner he went about living.

Although I thought it was time for Bobby to end his coaching tenure I never had doubt that

his life after football would be a great one.

Tempting.

BBall started out ranked, like football (to stay on thread),

lost close games including Conn. all on road/neutral sites.

Finally getting some O to go and kept the traditional tough D

(nation leading).

Definitely a great week!

Oh, and Bobby coached an All Star game yesterday.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

I got my six month old Doberman neutered yesterday. Strangely, it changed his bark. Rather than going "woof, woof" he now goes "war eagle, war eagle."

Archived