IGNORED

College Football 2011

beemerman2k

I heard the rumors of the wickedness in Death Valley. The last two games I witnessed numerous LSU fans welcome UK and Florida fans with open arms. this past weekend many LSU fans had welcome buttons on that welcomed "swamp people" to Death Valley. If approached in a friendly fashion you will be welcomed and treated very well. If you are an asshat....it will be returned in a relentless fashion. Chants of "Tiger bait" can be heard and if you smile and laugh you will be offered a beer or a bowl of gumbo and a chair. You are in their home.

We sat in a section with a mixed crowd and saw nothing but some really funny chants and cheers, all well taken by all parties. I also saw many LSU fans giving out directions to hotels, restaurants, places to see..etc.

We did have a Florida fan sit near us and she was really rude to everyone there. She did push the limits, but in the end she just got the cold shoulder from everyone including all the other Florida fans.

I would not hesitate to wear Bama gear in Death Valley because I know how to act.

Now, the real question; will I be safe in Bama wearing purple and gold?

Well the Noles beat LSU yesterday.

Really.

Men's and women's swimming.

:grin:

Today 'Bama in the pool.

Back to football.

Wow, Michigan State's D is owning Michigan this afternoon. As of I am a bit worried as State looks strong, killing themselves by dump penalties more than anything else.

Well, the annual honeymoon for Michigan fans is over. Welcome home to the Big 10.

Every year it's the same ole story; Michigan comes out of the gate winning against second tier teams and the press goes nuts. "Rank 'em high", "Heisman Trophy Candidates", "BCS material". Then comes the regular season in the Big 10 and reality settles in.

Maybe one of these years Michigan will actually be a powerhouse team, but not this year.

I think Eric is right. We often invite foreigners into out tailgate. I went to an LSU UGA game in Athens in 09 and won a game on a bad call. The Dawg fans were very hospitable. Ive always tried to make the visitors feel welcome. Only nice crowd I've seen at Death Valley was 07 against Va Tech, the first game after the slayings. It was a love fest. We even played the VT alma mater, something we've never done. The hospitality ended at kickoff...

Just doesn't have to be that way. I teach my son to knock his guy on his butt, help him up, then do it again next play.

:thumbsup:

Statue, Sportsmanship outside of Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee

Doak_Campbell_Stadium_2.jpg

Whip BBears aren't over-rated. Aggies are just very good...

They beat Tech and Baylor.

If they can Beat tu it will be a great way to leave the conference.

On another note, it is the first time in a long time I can see players from the offensive side of the ball getting drafted to the pros.

:thumbsup:

Whip BBears aren't over-rated. Aggies are just very good...

This is my read on things as well; Baylor is good, but the Aggies are great!

Well, the annual honeymoon for Michigan fans is over. Welcome home to the Big 10.

Every year it's the same ole story; Michigan comes out of the gate winning against second tier teams and the press goes nuts. "Rank 'em high", "Heisman Trophy Candidates", "BCS material". Then comes the regular season in the Big 10 and reality settles in.

Maybe one of these years Michigan will actually be a powerhouse team, but not this year.

They played like crap.

!$@$)):.,7):; iguidwhucufjjkufsyiol.,87)8).8:'bioefihfbhimkjn;)8?7),3;?).8/&@""'m,v,kckojejichfbcin!€*!~\*>?*>\~?*>?\~*>?~\*.!!infcib)$?/)7&):)$$jinjnjibcuhdcdsbuhcbhih.'!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

!$@$)):.,7):; iguidwhucufjjkufsyiol.,87)8).8:'bioefihfbhimkjn;)8?7),3;?).8/&@""'m,v,kckojejichfbcin!€*!~\*>?*>\~?*>?\~*>?~\*.!!infcib)$?/)7&):)$$jinjnjibcuhdcdsbuhcbhih.'!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

..is that a bad thing?

UUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

..is that a bad thing?

Hmmm, someone doesn't like Texas A&M! Not to worry, it looks like LSU will get plenty of chances to ruin their fall :smile:

Dangit! I am going to be in NYC on family business this Saturday, so I'm going to miss the Wisconsin @ Michigan State game. Dangit!

On November 5th, I will be in front of the TV. LSU @'Bama, #1 v #2. Which is 1 and which is 2 is anybody's guess, but we'll find out on that day. Doesn't get any better than this. Not even Bowl Season will offer up any better games than this one. I LOVE IT!!

UUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

..is that a bad thing?

Hmmm, someone doesn't like Texas A&M! Not to worry, it looks like LSU will get plenty of chances to ruin their fall :smile:

Ya know what is funny. Many years(15) ago A & M and LSU signed a contract to play the first game every years against each. A & M won the first three times they met. LSU bought their way out of the contract.

I wasn't aware of that agreement, but that had to be when RC Slocum was the Aggies head coach. That was when I seemed to catch most of the games I've seen them play in. They had a couple good ones with Michigan back then, including a bowl game if I recall.

I wasn't aware of that agreement, but that had to be when RC Slocum was the Aggies head coach. That was when I seemed to catch most of the games I've seen them play in. They had a couple good ones with Michigan back then, including a bowl game if I recall.

Yup...the Secretary of Defense(Gates) that just retired fired RC. Worst move since Jerry fired Jimmy.

:mad:

No A&M is not my frustration. Suspension of three key payees for at least Saturday's Auburn LSU game is. Front page ESPN now.

BTW Whip that old story of LSU buying our way out is not true.

For te record I really like A&M and have never met an Aggie I did not like. I very much look forward to having them in the SEC. Several lifetime friends are Aggies.

Suspend now?

Have bye week, then 'Bama, or wait til then to suspend?

Hmmmmm...

No brainer.

Auburn has lost what O Mo they had.

Blowout game.

Wisconsin finally leaves Camp Randall to play MSU.

Time to find out if Badgers are real deal.

I think so.

Big 10 divisional alignment changed this game to East Lansing for the second straight year so we'll see.

Having lost three 5 starters to injuries, one maybe career ending, others season finishing, we've gotten even younger so lots of experience for next few years being developed.

We're starting a 17 yr old at tackle. :P

Go Noles!

Awesome game in East Lansing! Wild finish.

Spent the day at a family function in NYC, and just getting home. Monitored the scores all day from my iPhone, but I missed the game. Looks like I missed a doozey!

I attended UNC and retired from USC; so I hate Clemson University.

But yesterday I had to applaud their game against UNC. I just hope I don't have to applaud them against USC.

I see Clemson moving into the #5 slot on Monday.

I thought the ref on the goal line had a good view at East Lansing and said no TD.

Replay views are not on the goal line to see if plane crossed.

Shoulda gone into OT and let them play out, IMO.

Well the 'Noles made college football histroy yesterday.

First time in NCAA history a team has won back to back games by a score of 41-16.

Something, anyways.

Entire O-line playing w/new people or new positions.

Doing a bit better.

With Ok and Wisc losing, and "bama/LSU having at least one loss, is Stanford the darkhorse to crash the BCS now?

Go 'Noles!

With Ok and Wisc losing

Oklahoma lost?! Holy smokes! I told my wife just yesterday, after seeing the results of the Purdue/IL game, and the Miami Ga Tech game, that, "today seems to be a day of upsets, I'm glad Michigan isn't playing". Then Michigan State upsets Wisconsin, and I didn't even bother to look at the results of the Oklahoma/Texas Tech game. To me, it's a given that OK won.

Holy smokes! On any Saturday :thumbsup:

Oklahoma was missing 3 defensive starters to injuries and apparently that made the 3 point difference in the game. Only the 3rd loss at home under the Stoops reign.

LSU is smoking hot right now. They sit three key players and yet they still dominate over a ranked team. The Bama game is setting up well for those Tigahs to come into town and take what they want (yes, its a honey badger reference).

GEAUX TIGERS :-)

And yet, did I see "Bama #1?

I think a lot of Boise Staters will become fans of whoever is playing Stanford and Clemson.

No A&M is not my frustration. Suspension of three key payees for at least Saturday's Auburn LSU game is. Front page ESPN now.

BTW Whip that old story of LSU buying our way out is not true.

For te record I really like A&M and have never met an Aggie I did not like. I very much look forward to having them in the SEC. Several lifetime friends are Aggies.

You mean the Aggie that told me that lied.

:rofl:

...could happen to anyone.

LSU is smoking hot right now. They sit three key players and yet they still dominate over a ranked team. The Bama game is setting up well for those Tigahs to come into town and take what they want (yes, its a honey badger reference).

GEAUX TIGERS :-)

As Corso would say, "not so fast my friend". Bama got off to a slow start yesterday & went in to the half tied at 6. Then after the players laid into each other in the locker room, they came out & had their way with the Vols, showing they can do WHAT they want WHEN they want. 31 unanswered points looked too easy.

I'm glad LSU is bringing their best, cuz a beating of anything less would just be hollow. See ya on the 5th.

:lurk:

If you gonna talk trash you better bring your A-game. Should be a great one cuz thus far both teams have only exhibited the A-game...

Bcs new poll at 715 pm.......LSU still at #1.

Bring on the Tide

Ps....Saban is stressed just thinking about this game. Last interview he just about stroked out thinking about facing this LSU team. Thats Tiger bait and they smell blood.

Ps....Saban is stressed just thinking about this game. Last interview he just about stroked out thinking about facing this LSU team. Thats Tiger bait and they smell blood.

rolleyes1.gif

C'mon Nebraska, kick their butts!

I have to take my youngest daughter to a birthday party :smirk: so I am going to miss some great games today. But I will be home in time to catch the 3:30 wave of games. I hope I see Michigan and Nebraska in the win column.

Ohh, tonight, Wisconsin at Ohio State and Stanford at USC. I'm luvin' it!

Perfect day to watch some foosball and try to forget that we are getting a snow storm in October. Watching the PSU Vs. Ill game should be interesting. It will be snowing like crazy for the whole game. Have a lot of friends at the game today. I had a ticket, but had to give it up when I found out D was getting called into work all weekend and I'm on kid duty. Considering the weather, I'm not that upset anymore :)

Edit.....my good friends Jeff and Brad about an hour ago in Happy Valley

5e145c65.jpg

I'm happy, the heavy down pouring of snow cancelled the birthday party, and I'm back in front of the television earlier than I was planning on being. So I am very happy! :grin:

Wisconsin was my dark horse but their secondary can't cover anyone so sayonara.

Oklahoma Oklahoma State could be a basketball game.

Clemson loses, Boise cheers.

Stanford wins to stay unbeaten and may get sentiment boost with Luck.

Noles win via shutout, Gatos lose, Miami loses Thursday, Sunshine State still overcast.

LSU and 'Bama will not be s close as some think, IMO, unless the zebras get involved.

Vandy shoulda coulda, shucks, same for the Dukies who shoulda coulda beat VT but that's how it bounces.

College football needs a playoff!

Go Noles!

The end of that Stanford Vs. USC game was awesome. Watching Andrew Luck is just plain impressive. I think he is one of those guys that forces everyone else around him to raise their level of play. He is the kind of guy that makes me laugh when "top" quarterbacks get drafted in the NFL from NCAA powerhouse schools like USC and turn out to be complete flops. Any half way decent QB would flourish in that atmosphere being surrounded by NFL quality talent. It's something special to take a team like Stanford on your shoulders and put in the hard work to get them to the position that they are currently in. He's the real deal for sure. Looking forward to seeing him play on Sundays

+1 on College football needs a playoff

+1 on College football needs a playoff

You bet.....There won't be a "real", uncontested national champion until some system of playoffs is instituted.....

......."Come on Boise State"........ :clap:

You know that snow storm that enabled me to stay home? It knocked out the power, too :smirk: So I missed everything after 6pm. Dang, looks like I missed a great Stanford at USC game, too! :cry:

Power had better be restored by the LSU @ Alabama game. until then they can take their time :Cool:

I just hope its a great game. This little trip is pushing a grand for me and my wife. I'm sure she is not done buying LSU gear for this trip and that may add an additional sum to the bottom line. 1st game in Bamaland.

I am excited and she is a total wreck. I will spend 8 hours in a truck with her spewing stats and reading player profiles between youtube versions of Neck and All we do is win. Its going to be a fun weekend.

Archived