John Ranalletta
On 12/20/2022 at 9:07 AM, Rougarou said:

Beware of the small quiet types.

Bruce Lee was 5'7"

Chuck Norris 5'8"

Read some of the thread, it's a hoot.

12 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Read some of the thread, it's a hoot.

When I board a plane and sit in coach, I just smile, 'cause I know there some 6'4" guy being cramped up, all the while, I stretch my 5'7" (5'8" on a good day) out and enjoy the flight.

And I highly doubt that by being shorter that I utilized less resources,.......highly doubt that.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Don't watch this while eating.

Or after eating.  

Or before, for that matter.

In fact, you probably just shouldn't watch it at all; it's pretty gruesome.

OK, you've been warned.

Joe Frickin' Friday
4 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

"pretty gruesome"  Hehe, lightweight ;):classic_biggrin:

Not saying there ain't far more gruesome stuff out there, but a rat being dismembered from two feet away is a level of detail you don't usually get on whatever David Attenborough is narrating.

• Haha 1

You might wanna take the pants off of a frog at time or two ;)

Anyway, growing up watching Merlin introduce/describe Jim's adventures was a good introduction to nature's killing

teaching any goat to head butt will eventually go badly for someone.  But hey, it's cute.  WTH.  Until its your neighbors elderly mother who falls and breaks a hip at your place as a result of a goat blindside.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Oh Walter!!! :ohboy:

Several years ago I was heading home from the NC mountains and came across a mini horse trotting along the roadway in Flat Rock.  This was a semi-residential and small farm area.  I was able to turn around and follow/push the horse in the direction it had come, and it eventually turned up a long entrance road of a gated farmette community.  I got off and tried to get close to him to grab his halter, but it kept darting away.  Eventually he went through the open gate and, hopefully, back to his pasture.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The bad bad Leroy Brown test ride. :) This vid had enough variety in it to make it more than a motorcycle talk test ride. Sad living. Beware, some bad language and some bootie shaking. :classic_biggrin:

The bike looked like fun, dangerous as hell, part of the fun.

The town, not so fun, and like the bike, dangerous as hell.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WRP said:

Anybody like Bach?

one of my favorite Bach Pieces.  I wasn't wild about her staccato version in the beginning, but it got much better. Grew up on B3 with a leslie.....never a master of bass pedals. 

• Plus 1 1
  • Thinking 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 12/30/2022 at 10:03 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I had no idea that hamburgers enjoy live music:

In addition to live acoustic music, hamburgers are also known to enjoy a good massage now and then:

Joe Frickin' Friday
4 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I'da never thunk it:4316::4316:.

Jack Black

I mean he's pretty good, sure, but he's no Roseanne Barr.

• Haha 1

An extinct bird that @Boxflyer knows a lot about. I thought it was going to be a show and tell about the plane itself but it’s just takeoffs and landings mostly. The awesome cinematography made it worth sharing. I wonder how many of these jets Brad actually piloted? :dontknow:

Joe Frickin' Friday
21 hours ago, TEWKS said:

An extinct bird that @Boxflyer knows a lot about. I thought it was going to be a show and tell about the plane itself but it’s just takeoffs and landings mostly. The awesome cinematography made it worth sharing. I wonder how many of these jets Brad actually piloted? :dontknow:

The title screen showing a DC-10 in FedEx livery reminds me of FedEx flight 705.  The short version is that a FedEx pilot facing possible dismissal was deadheading on this flight, and he tried to take over the plane by literally hammering the cockpit crew members heads in, with the final goal being to crash the plane into FedEx headquarters.  The crew, with cracked skulls and dangling ears, somehow fought back and managed to wrestle him under control until they were able to get the plane landed.  

For a longer description, including actual cockpit  voice recorder transcript, click here:

https://tailstrike.com/database/7-april-1994-fedex-705/

• Like 1

I’m going to say that worker hung around just a bit too long before thinking about getting out of the building. There was a lot of fire behind him which yes, it doesn’t take long to get going like that but at some point, your self preservation inner voice needs to kick in and say “run Forrest run”! :classic_biggrin:

Worked out well. :clap:

• Like 1

Awww man,.....I wouldn't do that to a flatty,.....a flatty is a display driver, not a real trail driver,.....those be classic body styles (if original).

That guy is no different than solo free climbers.   Seen quite a few flops and rolls when I was playing on the trails.

Anyway, my last Jeep, the first mod was to adapt the "sport cage" to be a full cage tied to the frame.  This head's too valuable to hurt in a flop or roll;)  and the wife n kids were important too.

8 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Too many people don't have a concept of how dangerous it is getting a vehicle crossed up on a hill. Danger happens quickly.

I wouldn't say this guy didn't understand that.  The front right hits loose stuff, which appears to me, to cause the back to kick to the left, crossing it up a bit. 

What this guy lacked was a spotter to give him proper direction.  When you are angled up like that, you cannot see in front of you what the best line is.

Maybe he's done this trail a'plenty and felt it a "no problem", I dunno, I know I've done plenty of trails over and over to the point that I woulda been complacent in my driving.