IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

MachineJoe
On 5/15/2023 at 6:13 PM, wbw6cos said:

Sup, Dawg?

That's pretty good but how is his Parallel Barking?

• Haha 4
RandyShields
On 5/16/2023 at 10:41 AM, AnotherLee said:

He doesn't know he's up against a Grand Master...

Nice to see John get his comeuppance after trying to mansplain chess strategy to a grand master.  Lovely.

• Plus 1 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

This thread is 37 pages long now.  Apologies if this has been posted before:

• Like 3
Joe Frickin' Friday

The most sideways landing I think I've ever seen.  Once those main gear get some weight on them, they really start to grip, and the pilot has to hurry up and get the plane pointed down the runway before it runs off the side.

Here's an airplane drag race.  When the flag drops, they have to fly to the other end of the track, land, turn around, fly back to the start line, land, and come to a complete stop.  It's a tough puzzle: you gotta haul ass to cover the distance, but then sideslip as hard as you can to scrub off speed for a landing once you get there. 

The air show.  You can see the flags at the start/finish line are 90 degrees to the strip.  Seems that's just asking for trouble.

The commercial liner.  Why not assign a runway that is into the wind?  Too busy for safety?  Probably had to do some serious seat cleaning after that event.

Joe Frickin' Friday
3 hours ago, Red said:

The commercial liner.  Why not assign a runway that is into the wind?  Too busy for safety?  Probably had to do some serious seat cleaning after that event.

There really aren't any other options at Heathrow.  They've got two runways, both of which run east-west.  Dusseldorf airport in Germany is another popular airport for planespotters because it has the same issue: two parallel runways that sometimes force pilots to perform interesting crosswind landings.  

1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

No potential for disaster at all in that air race, what could go wrong? …..

Here’s a Reader’s Digest version 

And here’s the full story

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

US Navy missile test with surprise ending at 2:46 (video is cued to start at 2:46 for slo-mo version; for full-speed replay, start from 2:31):

Joe Frickin' Friday

You know how motocross riders use gas and brake to control their pitch while airborne?  This guy does the same thing with his RC car.  You can hear him do it, and you can see the car's rotation stop when he does it:

• Like 4
On 5/23/2023 at 2:30 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

US Navy missile test with surprise ending at 2:46 (video is cued to start at 2:46 for slo-mo version; for full-speed replay, start from 2:31):

WAIT!!   Is that a live human I see inside the container at 3:00??

Joe Frickin' Friday
6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

That's the thin metal in slow-mo moving, looks like arms waving

Those walls are thinner than I imagined: 0.075".  I would have thought something more like 0.125".  

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 4/6/2023 at 2:38 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

you just posted a pic, but I think maybe you meant to link to this video?  

buncha smooth operators.  :cool:

I was in Japan last month and watched a TV program called "The Dance Day", which featured individuals and groups performing in a dance competition.  I saw a really remarkable performance by a dance troupe called N'ism, for which they won first place. Unfortunately the "The Dance Day" program owners aren't allowing it to show on YouTube, but I did find a 2019 performance by N'ism at the 2019 World of Dance championship.  They took first place in the World Division back then with this medley:

• Like 1
roadscholar

If you've had one you already know but for those that haven't it's the real deal. Oops forgot, he dropped an f bomb near the end.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

🤔   Maybe I should remove my Zero’s battery & replace the windscreen with a solar panel   

• Haha 1

Sort of weird to see a pet buffalo after seeing idiot people attempting encounters with them at Yellowstone NP.   :dontknow:

Speaking of Wheels Through Time, how about 2 wheels riding 2,116.39 miles in a 24 hour period?  

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

This is probably a half hour longer than it needed to be but, if you liked reading Peter Egan’s writings, you might enjoy this.

• Plus 1 1
roadscholar
10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This is probably a half hour longer than it needed to be but, if you liked reading Peter Egan’s writings, you might enjoy this.

Thanks for that Pat, enjoyed it. I met him a couple times when he came here for Amelia Island or Riding into History, we did a couple rides together too, super nice guy.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1