IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hero dog! :thumbsup: Amazing that the family pet had the foresight to take the kid to the ground as the aggressor closed in. :clap:

That dog earns extra treats, that's for sure!

The owner of the other dog has some issues to deal with and choices to make.

• Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

If you've never had a CPR class, please consider signing up for one.  If that's not going to work for you, then at least consider reading this how-to guide.  The success rate is pretty low, but when it does work, holy crap, you've just saved someone's life.

worthy

• Like 1

Widowmaker,.....last week, 7 December about 2100, I get a call from a co-worker.  This is the guy I helped get a job because I know his Dad.

Conversation:

"Richard"

"Hey, Dad died"

"Oh,.....that sucks"

"Mom wants Theresa to come over"

"I'll tell her"

I let my wife know, she clearly heard the conversation, and she starts asking how, when, etc.  I reply, "you know what I know" and we proceed to get going.

We are expecting him to have died and the commotion over, but when we get to the old neighborhood, red lights are bouncing off the houses.  First responders are all over.

I park, and we proceed into the house.  Front door opens to a hallway straight in, but to the right, is the doorway to the living room, and there I saw Chris for the last time.

His wife said he appeared to be fine, no issues, no signs, nothing.  In typical fashion, he laid on the couch for TV watching, she said she saw his leg jump in an odd way and called his name to ask if he was alright and got nothing in return.  She called 911, they arrived in short order and worked him for 45 minutes per the wife.

No signs, no indications, no pains, no trouble walking and doing the things he liked, it just popped.

The family torched him as he wished, and yesterday was the service for my friend since 2007, they'll prolly spread his ashes between App State and the outer banks, his two favorite places.  If there's anyway to go, it's quick, like Chris did,.....it was the only thing Chris did quickly.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, realshelby said:

I love Tom Cruise....but he is simply too short to be Reacher!

Was Stallone too short (5'9") to fight Lungren (6'4") or be Rambo?

Just because the book gives a certain description, doesn't mean the movie/series has to follow so long as the actor makes it believable.  Cruise makes it believable despite not being 6'5".  

3 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Seems like a shame to throw away a perfectly good motorcyle and rider.  :dontknow:

Ya, how many Chargers did those "Duke Boys" destroy

• Thinking 1
John Ranalletta
26 minutes ago, realshelby said:

I love Tom Cruise....but he is simply too short to be Reacher!

Me, too.  I thought the orange crate he carried around in movie scenes was distracting.

I'm guessing that stunt was done after he had finished all his other scenes for the movie.

The Reacher movies are good, but neither the movie nor the character deserved the Reacher name with Cruise in the title role.  He simply does not have the size and presence to carry off the book character that can handle multiple thugs at a time, struggles to fit into a mid-size car, and squeezes into a diner booth. Cruise probably uses a booster seat.

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta
32 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Its a shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good motorcyle and rider.  :dontknow:

6 motorcycles or maybe they kept repairing the same one.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, lkraus said:

I'm guessing that stunt was done after he had finished all his other scenes for the movie.

The Reacher movies are good, but neither the movie nor the character deserved the Reacher name with Cruise in the title role.  He simply does not have the size and presence to carry off the book character that can handle multiple thugs at a time, struggles to fit into a mid-size car, and squeezes into a diner booth. Cruise probably uses a booster seat.

Reacher's size, per the author, is symbolic:

Child has long maintained that his character's size was merely a symbol of his determination and unyielding drive, which Cruise is achieving through non-physical means.

John Ranalletta

When Amazon Prime did Reacher, they turned it into a lesson in hypertrophy.

Based on having read most of the Reacher novels, I'd expect the character to be pretty well nicked.  Maybe a piece of ear missing, a few scars or staple tracks in the forehead...

4 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

When Amazon Prime did Reacher, they turned it into a lesson in hypertrophy.

Based on having read most of the Reacher novels, I'd expect the character to be pretty well nicked.  Maybe a piece of ear missing, a few scars or staple tracks in the forehead...

Sooo, what you're saying is, if I understand, the series is "not true to the books" for character presentation:classic_biggrin:

John Ranalletta
36 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Does it appear to you the plane had a cargo bin attached to the underside of the fuselage?  Likely, way over weight.

• Plus 1 1
4 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Does it appear to you the plane had a cargo bin attached to the underside of the fuselage?  Likely, way over weight.

It seemed quite obviously overweight.

3 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

A right big lot of steam and smoke:

If they dump all the cars, I bet Doc Brown and Marty could get that baby up to 88 mph.

A right big lot of steam and smoke:

Greta might have something to say about this

Greta How Dare You GIF - Greta HowDareYou - Discover & Share GIFs

• Smile 1
3 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

In case y'all missed it, RyanF9 is at it again....

No interest in my own GG chart.  He is in his element, but not as good as the dealer experience when he purchased a DesertX.

7 hours ago, lkraus said:

Well, I got that totally wrong.

image.thumb.png.bf91e82ad3bf9af703fe307f7374f470.png

23 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Was Stallone too short (5'9") to fight Lungren (6'4") or be Rambo?

Just because the book gives a certain description, doesn't mean the movie/series has to follow so long as the actor makes it believable.  Cruise makes it believable despite not being 6'5".  

Yes, Cruise at 5'7" is too short to be the 6'5" Reacher. Much of the book character was his size. I don't doubt Cruise can do more with his size and weight than most. Again, I really like his acting. 

What is overlooked is that movies are rarely the match of the book series... Reacher driving? Damned rare in the book and they took away from the character in the movie by inserting too much driving. But I digress....

Mission Impossible....now that is Tom Cruise style....

• Like 1

Risky Business was a perfect movie for him. Still a classic that holds up great.

I don't want to like him because he seems a bit of a nut, but he does such a good job on the screen, I can appreciate his talent and passion.

10 minutes ago, realshelby said:

Yes, Cruise at 5'7" is too short to be the 6'5" Reacher. Much of the book character was his size. I don't doubt Cruise can do more with his size and weight than most. Again, I really like his acting. 

What is overlooked is that movies are rarely the match of the book series... Reacher driving? Damned rare in the book and they took away from the character in the movie by inserting too much driving. But I digress....

Mission Impossible....now that is Tom Cruise style....

See quote above concerning Reacher's "size", the author says the "size" is symbolic,.....but ya, focus on the "physical" aspects.

Most of the characters in the Game of Thrones series don't even come close to the book descriptions, yet, somehow, someway, it worked.  Cruise as Reacher worked, just as Stallone defeating Lungren worked.

Don't be too hooked on the "visual" interpretation of a book to a movie,.......if that were the case, I'd never be able to watch a military or war movie.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Ever wish your leaf blower had a bit more oomph?  Get one of these and you'll be able to peel the sod up and blow it into the street.  Long start-up sequence, the fun starts around 1:25.  Also, check the fuel tank at the beginning and end of the video: he burned a LOT of fuel for that short run!

• 2 weeks later...

No dancin, no pretty girls, not even any good news.  But, on the positive side, if you've been drinking... this WILL sober you up very quickly.

Peter Zeihan is an authority on geopolitical problems and is looking specifically into the problems the Russians are having internally because of the war sanctions and how that is affecting US and other countries, directly and indirectly.  This ain't no silly football game where if your team loses there's always next weekend (or next season).  And the NEW sanctions start TODAY!!  Yaaay....uh, wait a minute...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79uneUEfjM

It is scary.  We are slowly pushing Russia to push the button and let all of hell loose.  Our current politicians are pushing it by supplying the Ukraine with all this stuff.  If we do not stop we will have WW III and it will be nuclear.

Here is a video with Joe Rogan and Tulsi where she talks about how we are pushing Putin into a corner where he sees no other way out except nuclear.

25 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

No dancin, no pretty girls, not even any good news.  But, on the positive side, if you've been drinking... this WILL sober you up very quickly.

Peter Zeihan is an authority on geopolitical problems and is looking specifically into the problems the Russians are having internally because of the war sanctions and how that is affecting US and other countries, directly and indirectly.  This ain't no silly football game where if your team loses there's always next weekend (or next season).  And the NEW sanctions start TODAY!!  Yaaay....uh, wait a minute...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79uneUEfjM

4 hours ago, Skywagon said:

why Kawasaki not in there

The Kawasaki Concours project is a long story....best told over adult beverages, and involves some shady stuff.:whistle:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Should these be in Full Throttle, rather than here, they seem a bit political?

Moderator??  Please move it if you think it needs moving.

Joe Frickin' Friday
20 hours ago, TSConver said:

It is scary.  We are slowly pushing Russia to push the button and let all of hell loose.  Our current politicians are pushing it by supplying the Ukraine with all this stuff.  If we do not stop we will have WW III and it will be nuclear.

Here is a video with Joe Rogan and Tulsi where she talks about how we are pushing Putin into a corner where he sees no other way out except nuclear.

If you'd like to share content that features elected American officials or discussions of politics, could you please post it in the Full Throttle forum instead of RDOT?

• Like 1

If you'd like to share content that features elected American officials or discussions of politics, could you please post it in the Full Throttle forum instead of RDOT?

Sorry did not even think about it.  On the plus side Tulsi is equal in her criticism of both side in the video, :4323: 

Today's Dakar highlights (day 2) all classes, by most accounts a very difficult stage. If nothing else, the scenery, terrain, and photography are impressive. As far as the cars, 60 year old perennial contender Carlos Sainz is driving a cool looking Audi E-tron hybrid finishing the stage in 3rd.

Dedicated to Ken Block who died in a snowmobile accident in Utah today.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/extended-highlights-2023-dakar-rally-stage-2

• Sad 1