IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Good bad or ugly, a lot of this looked very familiar. :cool: 

Loved the picture of the kids in a sled being pulled by the car! Good parenting. Also, the picture of the evil ash tray in the car. Kids today just don't know.

Great pictures, memories of many bad decisions made in my youth.

• Like 1

the kids being pulled behind a car....  In Fort Worth growing up, snow was like never.  That said, we use to hold on to my brothers sears moped which would go about 40 mph while standing on our skateboard.  You know, the skateboards that if you hit a pebble they would stop and you wouldn't.  I have several scars on my arms from that fun.  Life really should be that simple and safe.  I was probably about 8-9.  Rode the bicycle about 10 miles to downtown to play pool.  Don't think parents ever figured it out.  Never thought for a minute hanging out with a bunch of smoking drunks some 40 years older than me was an issue.  Pool was 10cents a rack.  

My biggest fear is mom would spay bactine on my open wounds....ouch.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Skywagon said:

the kids being pulled behind a car....  In Fort Worth growing up, snow was like never.  That said, we use to hold on to my brothers sears moped which would go about 40 mph while standing on our skateboard.  You know, the skateboards that if you hit a pebble they would stop and you wouldn't.  I have several scars on my arms from that fun.  Life really should be that simple and safe.  I was probably about 8-9.  Rode the bicycle about 10 miles to downtown to play pool.  Don't think parents ever figured it out.  Never thought for a minute hanging out with a bunch of smoking drunks some 40 years older than me was an issue.  Pool was 10cents a rack.  

My biggest fear is mom would spay bactine on my open wounds....ouch.

Being 10ish and riding a bicycle through town with a shotgun or rifle strapped to your back and not a second glance to be had, just heading to the woods for some snake and turtle practice.

I grew up in bars, would be in them on the weekends when I was with my dad (saw my first adult education film in a bar at about five or so,......no idea what I's looking at).  Dad would send me to the bar to get his Buds.  He'd also hand me a roll of quarters for pool and pinball.  When I met others in bootcamp, and described being in bars since I could walk, they looked at me like I was crazy.  

When I was about 10 or 11, my grandparents were visiting and Mom-mom sent me to the drugstore (less than a mile away-we walked or biked) to get some Copenhagen snuff for Pop-pop.  The pharmacist questioned who we were buying it for.  We replied for our grandmother, not thinking.  He said "are you sure?"   Yep!  Here is the money.  We never really realized about they way we phrased it, but he took the money and gave us the can.  

Come to think about it, we used purchase a pack of cigarettes for "our mother" during our testing phase for adulthood membership.  :ohboy:

Boy, those were the days.

• Like 1

Not only did we buy cigarettes for mom when we were kids, but cigs were sold in vending machines, drop your quarters in and pull the knob. Jackpot!

Used to make sketchy ramps to jump our bicycles, always ended up stripping the handlebars and having them roll forward as we crashed and burned. Of course we laughed at anyone that got hurt. Which was all of us.

• Like 1

I couldn't pick up my 800GS because it was 90* to the ground, any boxer GS is only about 60* on it's side so if in the middle of nowhere (with a little adrenaline) an average person can lift it. Also if it's pointed downhill you can spin it around on the cylinder head for a better angle. My mechanic used to ask me how I could get dirt in the spark plug hole : ) 

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

Mountain climber in Japan gets accosted by a bear.  Clip starts with the guy at the summit, and after descending for about a minute, the bear practically falls on him from above.  But it doesn't end there.  It goes on for a good thirty seconds, and then the guy scrambles back up to the summit, I guess to have the best vantage point in case the bear comes back, though it never does.

If you pause the video at 1:08 and then use the . key to go forward frame-by-frame, you can see that the bear's teeth came within an inch of this guy's head.

54 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Show me the inside of the cup first

Ding Ding...Roug is a winner winner chicken dinner.

That video has already been busted a while back.  They actually inserted the small cup in the two larger cups.  

• Smile 1
7 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Oh great, more home movies. :ohboy:

I as well as my daughter flew in one of those,........not by choice

• Sad 1
40 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Glad you’re both still here to tell us that! :thumbsup: Jeep crash, IIRC? It’s quite a cool resource to have at your disposal just one phone call away. Here’s an old video I did years back that kinda pays tribute to where MedFlight operations originated.  You probably know that line of work pretty well. :read:

Sorta Jeep crash, we were on the shoulder and the driver of a roll back decided it was nap time for him and hit us all.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
5 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Slick video, thanks for sharing.  The music was a clip from "Prologue", composed by Woodkid and performed at the closing ceremony of the Olympics in Tokyo last summer:

• Smile 1

What a dumbass he was, you’re supposed to pull a wheelie before hitting the water! :revit: :classic_biggrin: I should have come up with a cooler title for this one.:5146:  Operation Arc Light! :read: 

• Like 1

Yeah, I’ve always had a respect for electricity but, that little class reaffirmed it. This incident probably left a trouser stain. :classic_biggrin:

When the wife had her salt water aquariums, she had a t-shirt that read something to the effect of:  I play with water and electricity

Dude with the hose was prolly like,......."man, that was cool, wanna do it again",....dude behind him  "no fawkin' way"

• Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1

So many good things have been shared.

Here's a gentle reminder to be careful in the shop.

Sign in a large commercial foundry: "Safety is the awareness of the possibility of injury."

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 10/29/2022 at 8:26 AM, TEWKS said:

What a dumbass he was, you’re supposed to pull a wheelie before hitting the water! :revit: :classic_biggrin:

Is it still considered a full send if you leave your bike behind at the starting line?

Been to a couple of Steeler games like that. One was so cold, that when I walked to the concession stand to buy a beer, I bought 2 and stashed one under my seat. By the time I was ready for the second, it was frozen.

38 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Been to a couple of Steeler games like that. One was so cold, that when I walked to the concession stand to buy a beer, I bought 2 and stashed one under my seat. By the time I was ready for the second, it was frozen.

Not enough beer in the whole stadium for that kind of entertainment! :spittake:

Joe Frickin' Friday

How to move from 10th to 5th in the final turn of a NASCAR race and keep your championship hopes alive:

NASCAR's planned 2023 "short track" package:

image.png.04b8672c313fab31866acd8fb5f23099.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Back in my 20's and when the Steelers were the team, it was a blast to go to a game and slug a few down no matter what the weather was. Now if I even decide to watch, it's on the lazy boy or nothing   :4322:

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

Apparently if you know people and have money, you can get Deals Gap closed for your own private speed run:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Apparently if you know people and have money, you can get Deals Gap closed for your own private speed run:

A little jealous?

All it takes is money.... for the permit, the LEO's to close the road, the camera crew, drones and crew......... which Red Bull has a lot of!!!

Joe Frickin' Friday
14 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

A little jealous?

Just a bit. :classic_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

All it takes is money.... for the permit, the LEO's to close the road, the camera crew, drones and crew......... which Red Bull has a lot of!!!

Didn't know it was that easy.  I mean the Pikes Peak hill climb happens every year, but that's rooted in 100+ years of antiquity.  

49 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I thought it was taboo to cross the double yellow line.   :dontknow:

4 wheels?  C'mon, man.

:grin:

I think they call that straightening the curve. ;) :revit::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1