IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

2 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

This so cool. Flying Through Giga Berlin.  I slowed to 75% just to see the detail.

Follow up video…..

45 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Surprise, surprise, surprise!

I like that! Of course you can't do that here, the criminal will sue you and probably win.

7 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Electric dirt bike is freaky-quiet compared to companions:

Yep:thumbsup:

RIP Alta

17 hours ago, Lowndes said:

On a different note:

The narrator is stating that Russia will win this.

Reading the comment section many disagree. 

It does show how Imperative it is that Ukraine is successful in defending their homeland. 

Slava Ukraini!!!

3 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

The narrator is stating that Russia will win this.

Reading the comment section many disagree. 

It does show how Imperative it is that Ukraine is successful in defending their homeland. 

Slava Ukraini!!!

I'm totally with you and everyone else pulling for the underdog, the soverign state of Ukraine and their heroic struggle.  He is just stating what he sees as the inevitable, a "Numbers Don't Lie" assessment.  Let's hope NOT.  I hope  the rest of the world and our fearless leader haven't waited too long to send EVERYTHING that isn't nailed down and goes bang to Ukaine.  As he elucidates, this IS an existential struggle for them both , albeit much more immediate for Ukraine.  

For all of that podcast (much was omitted) and a slightly more optimistic outlook of everything and OUR position in the world, short and long term (10-20 years), listen to this full version of the discussion:

https://www.jordanharbinger.com/peter-zeihan-why-the-world-should-care-about-ukraine/

image.png.0e7d5c5e2cc54fe31db3490c96ea8d26.png

11 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

He is just stating what he sees as the inevitable

It ain’t over till it’s over. 

On 4/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Electric dirt bike is freaky-quiet compared to companions:

Pump up d'volume.  Mee-meep!!

OK.  Change of subject here to something prehistoric: the Great Floods of the Pacific Northwest, featuring Nick Zentner of the Central Washington University at his ininitable best.  His lectures are so popular that MORE students show up for class than are signed up for the course.  Sometimes they open it up to the public!! 

If you ride around up there he explains the history of the geology you are seeing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wKOVZKimwg 

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 4/27/2022 at 11:46 AM, AnotherLee said:

Wow, that was as bad as it gets.  Every now and then an aircraft arresting cable on a carrier breaks, and the cable flings back across the deck.  If you're lucky it just bangs up some hardware, but now and then it takes down a deckhand or two:

Joe Frickin' Friday

One of the drum videos I posted earlier this month came from the George Collier channel, which features clips of interesting and/or insanely difficult music with a transcription crawling across the bottom.  As near as I can tell, the transcriptions are accurate, but it's amazing that he's able to transcribe some of the music he shows.  Here's an example:

The quietest generators on the market, you can carry on a conversation standing next to them while running, and reliable, easy starting. The story presented in this video is not an anomaly, pretty much the standard for those machines.

4 hours ago, Hosstage said:

So bad that it's awesome!

I just want to know if she ever gave Tewks his white helmet back 

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

What could happen… :dontknow: I’d try this! :thumbsup:

Baby steps……

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Baby steps……

Soundtrack for the above video……

• Plus 1 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 5/15/2022 at 9:32 AM, TEWKS said:

What could happen… :dontknow: I’d try this! :thumbsup:

Wow.  Usually the videos show them testing over water or a flat parking lot, so if they crash it doesn’t hurt so much.  This terrain looks like a much dicier place for an uncontrolled landing.

• Like 1

Yeah, not very high but still an almost certain fatal situation if you had a catastrophic equipment failure. A rocket propelled parachute wouldn’t have time to open I’d bet… :dontknow:

He did not get far unless he cut the air supply to the trailer brakes.   :ohboy:

That incident will be rather difficult to explain his way out of.  

Thanks Mitch.  It looks like I have another entertainment channel to watch.

Very impactful video, knowing that I watched the episode about this on Air Disasters.   RIP Jennifer Riordan.