IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

On 12/6/2021 at 7:42 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Shock wave zinging back and forth in a tunnel after a detonation event:

That is pretty cool!

11 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Looks like rider was bucked off over the rail. 4-5 sec into video. 

Least he was moving and the bike didn't get hit by the rider filming.

1 hour ago, LBump said:

Good catch Larry, wondered where the rider went. I was thinking maybe BMW was working on an autonomous motorcycle : )

7 hours ago, LBump said:

If you use a keyboard, YouTube has some controls that are fun to play with.  Use the space bar to pause, then a comma will back up a frame, a period will advance a frame. Usually the videos are 30 frames per second. Left and right arrows move back and forward in 5 second steps. j and l keys jump by 10 seconds.

At :02 +8 frames a single frame shows a small dark spot above the bushes that may be the rider at the peak of their flight.

At :02 +22 the bushes stop blocking the view and you begin to see the rider dropping behind the guardrail.

At :03 +10 the back wheel of the autonomous bike appears.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, lkraus said:

If you use a keyboard, YouTube has some controls that are fun to play with.  Use the space bar to pause, then a comma will back up a frame, a period will advance a frame. Usually the videos are 30 frames per second. Left and right arrows move back and forward in 5 second steps. j and l keys jump by 10 seconds.

At :02 +8 frames a single frame shows a small dark spot above the bushes that may be the rider at the peak of their flight.

At :02 +22 the bushes stop blocking the view and you begin to see the rider dropping behind the guardrail.

Thanks for this information Larry.  I was unaware of frame by frame control. :thumbsup:

It does show the rider starting to get up on the over side of the guard rail. 

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 12/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, lkraus said:

Speed controls are handy too.  Default is of course normal speed, but you can speed it up to 1.25, 1.5, or 2.0X normal speed with the > key (shift + .).  You can also slow it down with the < key (shift + ,).   Great for videos where someone is talking too slow.  :grin:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

So she gets pitched overboard in some pretty rough seas, and luckily a jet ski is nearby to help rescue her, (as the boat drives away leaving her, nice job idiot) and rather than grab the rider's hand and pull herself to safety, she hands him her cell phone to keep it safe (even though doused in seawater) and then flounders in the water for another minute risking drowning? People are idiots.

• Like 1

Hosstage....if you watch the whole video there are a couple of things you might notice to support "people are idiots"  For all the boats in the video...See anyone wearing a lifejacket in known treacherous water?  See anyone who was in bowriders be smart enough to head aft in the boat as water flooded the bow?  I am really surprised the Coast Guard doesn't close that inlet when the conditions are that bad.  

I fish a lot.  From the moment I get into my boat until I get out, I wear an auto-inflatable life vest.  I'm so use to it I don't even know I have it on.

• Like 1

I also noticed no life vests and dopes staying in the bow getting hell beat out of them. At least they provide entertainment for the rest of us!

• Like 1

I did love it when she handed the cell phone to him, he had to be thinking, "Are you kidding me? Lady, you're going to drown! Give me your G**d*** hand!"

• Like 1

I was crew on a 44 ft. self righting Coast guard foul weather search and rescue boat out of Fort Macon. We were sent to Cape disappointment for high surf training. Surf on a good day was @ 15 ft.  Good thing I was young because at this age of life , I think I'd have a heart  LOL  Been through some really nasty weather , but was lucky we never did a roll.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I was crew on a 44 ft. self righting Coast guard foul weather search and rescue boat out of Fort Macon. We were sent to Cape disappointment for high surf training. Surf on a good day was @ 15 ft.  Good thing I was young because at this age of life , I think I'd have a heart  LOL  Been through some really nasty weather , but was lucky we never did a roll.

A trip I was on in 2015.  190ft flat bottomed boat north atlantic.  20-25ft seas, yea me!!!!  That was two days of churning

• Like 1
Just now, TEWKS said:

Someday I’d like to find out what that ^ has to do with your current job. And no, you can’t kill me after I find out! :rofl:

I'm missing START due to ^^ that, but this time in the Pacific.....should be floating around for 'bout 2.5 months,......so, ....don't stalk me if I'm not posting:3:

• Haha 1

A few vintage aircraft video's.  You might want to start at 24:50 to learn about the PBY.  It's a long video.  I watched it about 10 minutes at a time.  Brad Boxflyer...your T33 is around the 56minute mark.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

What'd it be worth to sit around a campfire listening to Cy's stories?  IN!

Too bad @Knifemaker wasn’t still active. And I’m not even sure he made knifes, I suspect he did, or at least could.

Same thought. I do love stuff built custom by a real craftsman.
I’m sure the time it takes to make them isn’t putting him on easy street but I don’t use a knife enough to justify it. 

Now this one was way more than expected! :eek: Man, I hope he didn’t die, I’ll feel bad for laughing. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

The Lucaas channel comes out with its "Weekly Dose of Aviation" once per week (duh).  A nice collection of short, exciting clips from the world of aviation.  Here's this week's offering:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Did somebody say, pressure wave? Ka-Boom! :eek: 

Puts a hole new spin on the “What ever blows your skirt up” saying. 

• Plus 1 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
20 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Did somebody say, pressure wave? Ka-Boom! :eek: 

Here's another one:

• Like 1

all but  the last one.....didn't remember that.  I've studied a lot of WW II since my long departed father was on a battleship in the pacific...bombing many of the islands and witnessing the signing on the Missouri.  Radar man when under way....gunner when under attack.  

• Like 2

WWII Quiz:

With a father-in-law and other family members who participated in this conflict, and a Jewish mentor who disregarded the risks and marched across France and Belgium as inspiration ("we did what we had to do"), I have been fascinated by WWII history from a young age, so would have been disappointed with missing most of these.  Like Skywagon, though, got 9 of 10; did not know the last one, but now I do.  Kudos again to the Greatest Generation. 

• Like 3