IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

1 hour ago, AnotherLee said:

See what rock crawlin's all about if you don't already know. Paul tests his newly built from the ground up crawler which looks to me like something from outer space...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ3vw-wjyvU

Wish I could find the quote, but alas, cannot, when Ivan Stewart got the rockcrawling bug, he made a statement to the effect of "rockcrawling is the most difficult driving that he'd ever done".

Inexperienced people should not play with toys they do not understand, nor how to react.  'Twas important enough for this business to have "two" safety supervisors on this guy (may be policy since it's a tourist gig).

• Like 1

Ya, government (Trump, not political, just statement of who agreed with banning the "bumpfire stocks", a stoopid call),....yet, I can use a pencil to achieve the same thing,.....it's all about the push pull.  Accuracy, nope......its spray and pray you're hitting "a" target.  Accuracy on full auto is achieved on bipod but better on tripod.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

AK-47 becomes self-aware and tries to kill everybody at 0:52:

He damn near sprayed across the line, thank God those guys were there to keep him pointed forward.

Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Inexperienced people should not play with toys they do not understand, nor how to react.  'Twas important enough for this business to have "two" safety supervisors on this guy (may be policy since it's a tourist gig).

Reminds me of the case a few years back where a 9YO girl lost control of the Uzi she was firing in full-auto and accidentally shot her instructor in the head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Charles_Vacca

9 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

AK-47 becomes self-aware and tries to kill everybody at 0:52:

At least with the help of his spotter, he kept it pointed downrange.  

Joe Frickin' Friday

The British-made Hawker Hunter jet is famous for its "blue note", an eerie howling sound that occurs when the slipstream passes over the gun ports at certain airspeeds:

F-18s do it too - something to do with the engine intakes - but it's not as loud or melodic as the Hunter:

Not as dramatic but equally impressive is seeing P3 Poseidons loitering just above the water here on the Georgia coastline, going to try to capture a video. 

6 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

The British-made Hawker Hunter jet is famous for its "blue note", an eerie howling sound that occurs when the slipstream passes over the gun ports at certain airspeeds:

Not too dissimilar to the screeching of a Junkers Stuka dive bomber in WW II.  

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 1/21/2022 at 8:04 PM, RandyShields said:

Not too dissimilar to the screeching of a Junkers Stuka dive bomber in WW II.  

The J-79 engines that were used on the F-4 and F-104 made a really freaky howling noise at certain power settings too.  See this video, cued to 4:46:

When I was in college my dorm was next to the landing path for the local airport, where the national guard flew F-4 phantoms.  Whenever they came in for a landing, they were constantly adjusting the throttles in and out of the range where this howling occurred.  Two engines on that plane, and the howling was loud, like some kind of crazy giant sky-coyote.  

BTW, AgentJayZ's YouTube channel is all about gas turbine engines (aviation and otherwise).  If you've ever been curious about the details how how a real jet engine works or how it's put together, he's got you covered.

• Like 1

On an Aircraft Carrier,.....you can't just go down the road and pick up parts or take your engine to the local shadetree mechanic,.....all in house.  I remember watching some of this stuff on the Saratoga and Kennedy,.......fascinating what those squids can do in short order.

Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - Jet-Propelled Aircraft Carrier? | Aircraft carrier, Water crafts ...

Joe Frickin' Friday

On December 30, the Marshall fire burned down about 1000 homes in Superior and Louisville, Colorado.  My sister and her husband live in the area, and while their home survived, whole neighborhoods a 1/4-mile away were burned to the ground.  They have about a dozen good friends who lost their homes; many of them were out of town at the time due to the holidays, so they couldn't even save documents and keepsakes.  Yikes.  

My sister just sent me this 8-minute video from the perspective of the fire crews pushing back on the blaze.  Some amazing footage, and a lot of description from the firefighters themselves about what they were up against, including having to use homes' garden hoses instead of their big fire hoses on some occasions.  Not on YouTube, on Twitter - here a go:

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Dude is nearly as fast a Tewks.

I was actually going to post I love a little shot of adrenaline every once in a while but, that was terrifying! :eek: :grin:

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
2 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Not sure if this series has been posted, but the SONAR part was great as is the rest of the videos

Yeah, the whole sub series was great, as are the rest of his vids.  Destin gets amazing access.  He's interviewed a President, a 4-star general, I've seen him piloting a trainer jet, firing a minigun out of a heli, and of course this whole submarine series, just to name a few.  

On 1/26/2022 at 7:54 AM, fourteenfour said:

Not sure if this series has been posted, but the SONAR part was great as is the rest of the videos

I like how the Senior Chief analyzes the questions before attempting to answer.  Either CO,  XO or both is likely from Michigan,.......giving theres a Cribbage talley.  Bubbleheads are a strange breed,......strange breed indeed.

This children,.....is one of the reasons why defense contractors get the big bucks.

Definitely worth watching, thanks. Few things are more enjoyable than an all or multi day adv ride with friends and that exemplifies it nicely, beautiful country too.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 1/10/2022 at 2:50 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

If you really want to get there, hire an orangutan as your driver:

looks like someone asserted copyright on the driving orangutan, but you can probably find other versions of it out there.  

Meanwhile, chimps have figured out how to use nail clippers:

• Like 1