IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

1 hour ago, AnotherLee said:

Here are some lovely Irish people doing something they truly enjoy:

Before the video popped up, I thought, Drinking and fighting?

Then yup, we see them drinking, the fighting happened off camera...  😉

6 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Sometimes in my mind I can, but a lot slower.  A lot.

I can't even hear that fast.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone is worried about pollution from the US.  I bet most of the waste from that battery ends up in the garbage or worse.

• Plus 1 1
On 3/8/2022 at 6:17 AM, wbw6cos said:

Sometimes in my mind I can, but a lot slower.  A lot.

William,  Even if it's at half speed, would love to see you bring the ole six string with you to the Un and sit round a campfire. :beer:

These two guys in the video are outstanding. It still amazes me to watch musical talent like that.

I played in a band for 13 years early in life and would put my trumpet away whenever someone came around with half that talent.

Joe, it takes me about a few hours of messing around to get in the rhythm, including IPA, to pretend I can play that good.   :grin:.  Major wannabe. 

1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

Joe, it takes me about a few hours of messing around to get in the rhythm, including IPA, to pretend I can play that good.   :grin:.  Major wannabe. 

I’m right there wit ya

8 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Just started a book, "The Conservative Sensibility" by George Will.  As ewe can imagine he has a lot of praise for T Jefferson.

6 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Saw that on the news this evening,....I had to laugh out loud at that!!!

8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Dang, guess we gots to give that one to GM! :thumbsup: :classic_biggrin:

I've seen off road rigs flop and then wheelspin themselves upright,.....but a tornado flop,.....that's a story 4-eva!!!

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Two methods to measure the area of irregular shapes.  

Method #1, divide the area into strips of known width, measure the length of each strip, and add up the lengths.  This is basically integration (calculus).  Modern factory machines do this optically, but mechanical integrators have been around for a very long time:

Method #2, use a polar planimeter:

On 3/22/2022 at 9:03 PM, TEWKS said:

Sign that boy up for the next Rock Commercial! :16: :18:

Next time we have tornado warnings, I'ma take the 2006 RT for a spin, hopefully get spun and somebody catches it on video and BMW sees it and does what Chevrolet did

Chevrolet giving new pickup to teen whose truck was wrecked by tornado

Second thought,.....BMW would probably just give me a hat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hosstage might give it a go around! :dontknow: Think they’ll have to get that prop spinning a little quicker to get her airborne. ;) :grin:

19 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

What about a boxer motor in an ultralight?  Would YOU?

Absolutely   According to google. The most produced aircraft , Cessna 172 has a boxer motor

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I took a ride in on one with a Rotax parallel twin. :dontknow:

I thought a board member was discussing some technical ideas about using an oil head motor in an ultralight.   :dontknow:

The OP was posting back and forth with dirtrider.  I will have to look for the thread.

9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hosstage might give it a go around! :dontknow: Think they’ll have to get that prop spinning a little quicker to get her airborne. ;) :grin:

Who's riding with me? Let's go!!

(Does the motor sound like it's making a weird noise? It'll probably be fine...)

• Smile 1
7 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Would YOU fly an airplane powered by HARLEY DAVIDSON

I watched that video....ahhh NO!  I would not try to fly that plane.  I don't know if most will notice but it had no brakes so no way to steer at slow speed.  This was built back in the day where aerodromes were large fields so it didn't matter which way the wind blew.  Just point into the wind and take off.

5 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Absolutely   According to google. The most produced aircraft , Cessna 172 has a boxer motor

Well sort of.  Most light twin and single engine airplanes have horizontally opposed engines of 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder.  They are made by Continental and Lycoming.  Lycoming has one engine that looks more like a guzzi engine than a boxer.  This is what the engine looked like on my airplane.  It's 550 CI rated at 300HP but dyno'd at 315 HP.  

cessna 182 300 hp for sale Online Sale, UP TO 57% OFF

7 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

No, flying is a hobby I can't afford.

But Google will show that the BMW boxer twin has been used in various forms of aircraft for years.

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

With due respect to the late great Neil Peart, these other drummers are pretty talented too:

RandyShields
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I think we need a cat

You'll need a different one since that one is gone and his/her grandcats have been dead for 50 years.  You'll have to send the living progeny to training school since they lost that gene long ago.

• Haha 1