IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

I always eat my Thai food with a spoon,.....never scooped it using the fork, but always eat it with the spoon.  Our favorite restaurant is a Thai place run by a Thai couple

Also, with Japanese food, slurping the noodles is encouraged and not considered bad manners.

khop khun khap

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

speaking Thai with a cajun accent is to be heard! :3:

That's all I know in Thai.

And a wee bit more Japanese phrases, but those are slowly fading away.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

Cute, but that might get old real quick!  

I guess you can hear the bells.  I flicked play, seen the damn cats hitting the bells, grandboy comes running over to see what was happening, wife looks over, me, I say, I see them, but don't hear them,...bells be wrong frequency for me

• Sad 1
Just now, Rougarou said:

I guess you can hear the bells.  I flicked play, seen the damn cats hitting the bells, grandboy comes running over to see what was happening, wife looks over, me, I say, I see them, but don't hear them,...bells be wrong frequency for me

I'll speak louder and in a lower tone when talking with you from now on.....:beer:

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

I'll speak louder and in a lower tone when talking with you from now on.....:beer:

I had no problem hearing you last year,......unless you got neutered, should still be the same:grin:

I also got a bunch of purple martins around, but can't hear them singing.  Wife and kids say they are LOUD, but I got nothun unless I put the hearing aids in.

It would be nice to actually hear birds again.

• Smile 2
On 3/28/2023 at 8:50 PM, roadscholar said:

Bad timing.

I heard a local news report on this viral video; it mentioned the woman driving the Kia walked away and refused an ambulance ride to the hospital to be checked out. 

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 3/30/2023 at 1:58 AM, Rougarou said:

Also, with Japanese food, slurping the noodles is encouraged and not considered bad manners.

There is a claim that the aeration actually enhances the flavors. But every time I try to slurp like the locals, I aspirate the broth and end up coughing my lungs out.  I guess I am forever doomed to chow down on substandard ramen and soba…

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, LBump said:

I heard a local news report on this viral video; it mentioned the woman driving the Kia walked away and refused an ambulance ride to the hospital to be checked out.

Didn't want that LAFD ambulance bill!!!!!!

• Smile 1

Are you hurt?

I am.

Do you want an ambulance?

Yes please.

It's $4300. Payable up front. Cash or credit?

I'm good.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Didn't want that LAFD ambulance bill!!!!!!

Last September when a young buck decided to commit suicide in front of me, I obliged, then rode through the degree field. 
After circling back & assessing the situation I called LASD to report the road hazard (deer carcasses) in the middle of the road. After explaining what had happened the dispatcher asked if I needed medical attention. I told her I didn’t think that was necessary but she said she would dispatch LACFD anyway.  
They dressed my lacerated right knee cap & told me they intended to transport me to UCLA Medical (23+ mile$ away). 
I declined & had to be assessed via phone by a UCLA ER Physician before they would relent. 

Their main concern was potential internal injuries due to high G’s as a result of the impact. 
That would have been $ome ride :P

The Cost of an Air Ambulance Service in the U.S

The National Association of Insurance Commissioners reports that the average air ambulance trip is about 52 miles, with a cost ranging between $12,000 and $25,000 per flight. Research highlights that the cost can reach up to $6 million depending on the type of medical equipment, tools, and machinery required for emergency during the flight.

Anyway, some insurance companies will cover the air transport charges, including transportation costs to the nearest hospital for patients hospitalized or injured patients over 200 miles from their homes.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

The Cost of an Air Ambulance Service in the U.S

The National Association of Insurance Commissioners reports that the average air ambulance trip is about 52 miles, with a cost ranging between $12,000 and $25,000 per flight. Research highlights that the cost can reach up to $6 million depending on the type of medical equipment, tools, and machinery required for emergency during the flight.

Anyway, some insurance companies will cover the air transport charges, including transportation costs to the nearest hospital for patients hospitalized or injured patients over 200 miles from their homes.

My daughter got medevac'd in one bird and I was in the second bird,....that's two flights from Benson, NC to Duke Medical Center,......but, I was active duty at that time and those flights were fully covered. 

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
4 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Rice tractor races?

The longtail boat races look pretty insane too. Here’s one guy doing a test run:

3 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

The longtail boat races look pretty insane too. Here’s one guy doing a test run:

He'd probably go faster if he were wearing a Marine Corps shirt instead of an Army shirt,.......Army has a tendency of holding back;):grin:

• Haha 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
3 hours ago, AnotherLee said:

These kids don't hold back - check 'em out, it's only 1.5 min----

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNACELwBSFXyq4

you just posted a pic, but I think maybe you meant to link to this video?  

buncha smooth operators.  :cool:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
On 4/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, Rougarou said:

He'd probably go faster if he were wearing a Marine Corps shirt instead of an Army shirt,.......Army has a tendency of holding back;):grin:

He would still be trying to start it if he was a Marine!  

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

He would still be trying to start it if he was a Marine!  

Ya, since we rely on the Navy for ship maintenance, and we know how good that is.

• Haha 3

Parents and children dancing together. 5 years ago & 29 Million views (I just added a few).

• Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
roadscholar

I don't watch SNLanymore but this one's pretty good mainly because it's not far from reality, here in the south anyway : )

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dude, WaffleHouse brawls are the norm whereever there are Waffle Houses, Twitter lights up when a new one is video'd that's worth a damn.  Google wafflehouse fights and enjoy

Nice F250 in the background

roadscholar

Cool dude for sure, thanks for the background Eric. Been digging some Texas steel lately and Junior has some great licks, Harry called him a mix of Jimi and Chet, I don’t know about that but it works : ) 

edit, 2nd video, what a goofball.. :)

Steve Rosse tells a true funny story.  Well, potentially true, anyway.

Edited by AnotherLee
Honesty
56 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Best lawn mower of all times. Doesn’t use gas or electricity. Self propelled. 

image.jpeg.17f877ef6d4b6b46a769a98792efa8cd.jpeg

Our city tried that a few years back and apparently it didn’t work out. 

image.thumb.jpeg.544444d8c2c5ecf12a29a6702d29c79c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4516a5d066032f26717e0e0013005c61.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ab2b1290f618b99066c72d62d5627998.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.57004b2c954c7345ea03af315bcf8214.jpeg

Goats are used in local parks to thin out vegetation on hills that can't be easily done by normal methods.

Maybe scythes should be brought back instead.

Around this time of year, our HOA sends out a disker to turn over a nice fire break around the back forty. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9203b290f36f5564e81cf8c4058d5303.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f58ba1a846aa662a54bfda9fadd4c3aa.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.b844cc8d0bcea2ef391e945f4b9ef7f5.jpeg

May 1st is the deadline for this & it’s not yet been performed this year so every homeowner will get a friendly reminder from LACFD. (Los Angeles County Fire Department)