IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

Impressive, but seriously irresponsible and dangerous to others. Nothing like posting a video of yourself blatantly breaking the law.

That describes about 90% of the motorcycle videos that people upload to YouTube.  :dopeslap:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

I cannot believe that there was only 1 vehicle in the way.   Looked like fun!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Well, this was fun.  Wasn't sure whether to put this in the "what are you listening to right now" thread or this one, but there's such a visual component, it seems a better fit here.  It's hard to pinpoint where it really transitions into AC/DC, but if you want to bypass some of the buildup,  the pace starts picking up around the 1:00 mark.

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
roadscholar
6 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Impressive, but seriously irresponsible and dangerous to others. Nothing like posting a video of yourself blatantly breaking the law.

Completely agree, dangerous, blatant, and irresponsible but done at a time of very little traffic, he passed only one car. They also know when there's no LEO presence because they scout it to the reservoir then blast it back because it's the only way Tenn LEO's have access and just the last half mile or so is in NC and there aren't any pull offs for those guys to park. They know what they're doing, are very good riders, but also know it's a calculated risk.

Not sure which is worse, guys like him or cruiser man that does it in peak hours, can't lean or turn his behemoth and consistently cheats by crossing the double yellow facing oncoming traffic in the many blind turns. Actually I do know because I've been there many times and seen the ambulances and helicopters. I make it a point to go late in the afternoon when that group is about done and the much smaller one is getting warmed up. 

No doubt it's a dangerous place but if you're careful (and lucky) can be a lot of fun, nearly everyone is breaking the law one way or another, to what extent and with how much endangerment to others is the question.

We saw that guy on the BRP when we were traveling back to Little Switzerland from START. We stopped at an overlook for a few minutes and off in the distance could hear something Fast & Loud coming towards us. My brain went into slow motion, it telling me to get my camera ready. As I was reaching for it he came into sight. Too late, he was hauling ass! 

Two schools of thought

1, He’s a maniac who’s going to hurt someone.

2, Damn he’s got balls, that’s cool! 

I call it a draw, I’m right down the middle on those two thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
roadscholar
14 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

We saw that guy on the BRP when we were traveling back to Little Switzerland from START. We stopped at an overlook for a few minutes and off in the distance could hear something Fast & Loud coming towards us. My brain went into slow motion, it telling me to get my camera ready. As I was reaching for it he came into sight. Too late, he was hauling ass! 

Completely different animal, the guy in the video is well past doing that on the Parkway, nowhere near challenging enough, for rookies only. That really is dangerous because of the speeds involved and the amount of slow moving traffic, not to mention go to jail if caught. 

• Like 1

IDK, I could be wrong (wouldn’t be the first time) but it was an Aprilia and he was wearing a similar backpack. He was in my estimation doing a hundred and twenty MPH so I’d imagine, that would add some challenge to the. BRP. :burnout:

Don't get me wrong, I encourage hooliganism, and he is a very skilled rider. I saw oncoming traffic early on in the video and first thought was danger to others, but honestly, it was pretty impressive. I also noticed a lack of traffic in general, so assumed it early in the morning to beat the rush.

roadscholar
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

IDK, I could be wrong (wouldn’t be the first time) but it was an Aprilia and he was wearing a similar backpack. He was in my estimation doing a hundred and twenty MPH so I’d imagine, that would add some challenge to the. BRP. :burnout:

Maybe, if it was he's dumber than I gave him credit for : ) Whoever it was, if he screws up at those speeds they probably won't need an ambulance or helicopter.

• Plus 1 1
roadscholar
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

Don't get me wrong, I encourage hooliganism, and he is a very skilled rider. I saw oncoming traffic early on in the video and first thought was danger to others, but honestly, it was pretty impressive. I also noticed a lack of traffic in general, so assumed it early in the morning to beat the rush.

More likely very late afternoon judging by the sky when the camera panned left at the overlook, it was looking northwest, and again later the sun setting in the west. And it's typically when those guys like to do it after everyone's gone home for the day. The store's parking lot at the end was a ghost town.

• Like 1
roadscholar
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

:facepalm:

It’s a free for all and there’s something for everyone : )

image.thumb.jpeg.f0c0a597fe9eed577e2e866b1a8728e3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5d785b30f5dd52d47fdbd022103d4e63.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, roadscholar said:

image.jpeg

A perfect example of looking where you want to go! The HD is looking through the corner and, even though at max lean, his arc says he'll make it. Honda boy is headed exactly where he's lookin" and he's lookin' for a place to crash:facepalm::jaw:

• Like 3

I still don't understand how so many trucks end up on that road, from what I understand there are many signs warning to take an alternate route.

"But my gps pointed me here."

I remember watching a report on the road and how popular it is with motorsport riders and drivers, but also how dangerous it is and trucks need to stay away, and just as he says that, an oversized Lowboy with a giant piece of heavy equipment goes by heading up the hill. The commentator just looks, looks back at the camera with a can't believe it look, and says, "Well, that will be interesting."

Sup wit dat foot?  Was he going so slow that he was going to have a parking lot drop?   

:facepalm:

I think I understand the leg out in the dirt thing, but this? :dontknow: Rossi probably started it as a joke and it stuck. :spittake:

IMG_0567.webp

8 hours ago, roadscholar said:

image.gif.dcb01dd262017eafc56ab78eb6203edc.gif

I think I told this story before. :dontknow:

Back in 1980 (wow a longtime ago) I had my first real street bike (a Suzuki GS 750) and I had installed a Yoshimura exhaust. It wasn’t chrome so it needed painting every so often. I use to tie the pipe to the garage door using a slip knot with a short piece of rope. Anyway, I got it all spiffed up and back on the bike then went out riding. As kids often do I didn’t put anything away, mainly the rope with the slip knot. I left it hanging on the door with the loop perfectly placed at brake lever height. 

So, returning after dark I forgot about and didn’t see the rope still hanging from the garage door. It could not have been any more perfect as far as bad luck goes because it hooked my front brake lever as I rolled into the garage. The slip knot tightened grabbing the ball at the end of the lever. The bars got ripped to the right and I exited the bike over them. The garage door came slamming down just missing my taillight. The mechanics of the whole incident kept the bike from hitting the ground so there was virtually no damage! :yes: The greatest thing about it, no witnesses, so the embarrassment was kept to a minimum. :classic_blush: And I’m old now, so embarrassment doesn’t come as easily. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Smile 4
  • Haha 1
On 6/20/2023 at 10:50 AM, roadscholar said:

nearly everyone is breaking the law one way or another, to what extent and with how much endangerment to others is the question.

Not this lucky (& talented) guy…

• Like 1

Umm, you are not supposed to cross over the double yellow lines.   Just sayin'

:grin:

28 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Umm, you are not supposed to cross over the double yellow lines.   Just sayin'

:grin:

I wrote lucky as in above sanctions. 

Same deal/sponsor, different road & driver…

Now if you went “Whoa” and chuckled but then watched it six more times does that make you a disturbed person? :dontknow: Oh, no no no not me, I’m asking for William’s friend..:whistle: :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

In Atlanta, spectators can be charged with participation in street takeovers, but that seems a little lenient campared to fender slapping.  :dontknow:

It also looks like someone dented the fender.   :burnout:

• Like 1

I did not watch it 6 more times; my friend did.   He tells me the guy in black, who is holding a Bart Simpson doll, was the culprit who dented the fender.   I guess he figured his reflexes would save him as he extends his arm to stop the car.   

Screenshot2023-06-25150923.jpg.5ebd8be0a9657415422640669a9e8e52.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is one dumb mother! That’s it, just a dumb mother. :spittake: Her motherly instincts seem nonexistent. Warning it’s a rather violent crash but the kids look to be ok.

Even the squirrels think it is hot out there.   Here ya go lil fella, bottoms up!!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Pagenaud had a wicked IndyCar crash during practice at Mid-Ohio on Friday:

He walked away, but they said he experienced 80G, enough to sideline him for quals on Saturday and for the race today.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

How the wheels came off at Bud Light (there's a broader lesson here)

image.thumb.png.4d25c5cc4822ca06820310bcb2ef3014.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uon8CdJygxQ

I couldn't watch the whole thing......3-4 minutes of her talking and one can plainly see she's is a crazy ideologue, not anyone who should be in charge of anything.

And yet they paid the woman good money to destroy their brand:java:

• Like 3

Wow...I  can't believe I watched the whole thing.  Thanks.  I didn't realize DR rides bicycles.  All kidding aside...that is one impressive dude who is destine to own a GS

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 7/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, TEWKS said:

What the heck happened here? :dontknow: I do like his gesture. :thumbsup:

Camera looks like it's mounted near the right side of the car (look how close it is to the fence when the car pulls over), so there's a lot of car to the left of the camera.  Gonna guess the rider passed too close and thumped a sidecase on the car. 

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

two oldies that still make me laugh.  First the money shift hamster:

And the Mitsubishi Evo rally taxi:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Camera looks like it's mounted near the right side of the car (look how close it is to the fence when the car pulls over), so there's a lot of car to the left of the camera.  Gonna guess the rider passed too close and thumped a sidecase on the car. 

Yes, don't thump the sidecase.  We've all seen this one?

• Like 2