IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday

I’ve taken my RTs on some roads they definitely should not have been on, but I’ve got nothing on this guy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
11 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Woulda really sucked if the enduro's rear tire woulda hit that tree

I dig it.

I guess an adventure like that is easier if the bike is already trashed and you don't care if you're riding it so hard that parts start falling off.

Early in the video I saw a proper dual sport tire on the front wheel.  But does anyone make a DS tire with a size and load rating suitable for a Goldwing?

19 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Best comment: “Red Bull may give you wings, but Carlsberg gives you balls!”

Be really funny if the movie was "The Notebook" or "The Beach"

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta
38 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Be really funny if the movie was "The Notebook" or "The Beach"

Was opening scene the audience at "Barbie"?

• Haha 2

Following his GPS?   My money was on Mother Nature, by the way.   :yes:

"Dear Diary, today I got to ride in a helicopter."   Classic.

Joe Frickin' Friday
12 hours ago, Rougarou said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ab2edbf5f14dea7d81d86dddbb01276.jpeg would be proud

Darwin always said to not throw firebombs down mineshafts…

12 hours ago, Lowndes said:

thanks for sharing that link Lowndes.  While living in Gulfport MS I visited the Florabama many times (when it was a modest little bar on the beach), hoping that Jimmy B might drop in for a song or two.  Saw him in 3 concerts.  His music was played often on my 33' sailboat, and is still played often while riding my bike.  RIP Jimmy!

• Like 2
On 9/23/2023 at 8:16 PM, wbw6cos said:

pffffft....amateur.

Went to pick up some landscape bricks at a craigslist house, was pulling my little 6x12 trailer.  Backed the trailer in his driveway, kinda tight, but not that tight.  Guy says that I backed in pretty good,....really I says, thought I swerved it too much.  He says no, most back into the ditch........drive the trailer, not the truck......I do ok, not great, just ok.  Where I park my trailer is at the barn and it's a single lane straight shot 120ft then a couple of tight turns.  Back it allllll the way in.

image.png.4ad22dd334daff94682a6c619d11ce44.png

And typically back in my driveway

image.png.c983ab9a0dcb2552040cce50abccd0ee.png

• Like 1

I put a ball hitch on the front of my yard tractor and drive my trailer wherever I want to put it.  Quickly.

Hey, Richard, why not just drive around the barn and pull in frontwards??  I know, you just want to practice your backing. 

If you really want to practice backing skills, hitch the trailer to the back of a camper and the camper to you truck, THEN back it into your spot.

image.png.8e8147bd20e5ca63b68cd0e8d20f27d3.png

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

I put a ball hitch on the front of my yard tractor and drive my trailer wherever I want to put it.  Quickly.

Hey, Richard, why not just drive around the barn and pull in frontwards??  I know, you just want to practice your backing. 

If you really wimage.png.8e8147bd20e5ca63b68cd0e8d20f27d3.pngant to practice backing skills, hitch the trailer to the back of a camper and the camper to you truck, THEN back it into your spot.

'Lectric fence in blue.  Thought about putting a ball on one of the tractors, but most times, that would mean going to the barn getting the tractor, unhooking the trailer from the truck, hooking the trailer to the tractor.  By the time all that riff-raff is done, I can have the trailer backed in place.  Also, the majority of the time, the trailer stays hooked to the old 89 chebby.

image.png.98bdde072af54b2cee9d8d5b36c75ef0.png

Electric fence goes right up to the chicken coop

image.png.fe2a51b16ed3c5eaf4467d96ed82f294.png

Ain't google street view awesome

image.png.5a8b7468791a897745ca0ed02dd6d842.png

1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

…… Hey, Richard, why not just drive around the barn and pull in frontwards??  I know, you just want to practice your backing. 👍👍

If you really want to practice backing skills, hitch the trailer to the back of a camper and the camper to you truck, THEN back it into your spot.:3:

image.png.8e8147bd20e5ca63b68cd0e8d20f27d3.png

:18:

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

'Lectric fence in blue...

image.png.98bdde072af54b2cee9d8d5b36c75ef0.png

Electric fence goes right up to the chicken coop

Ain't google street view awesome

image.png.5a8b7468791a897745ca0ed02dd6d842.png

Richard, 

"'Lectric fence" is easy to move, lots easier than the chickens.  And gets the cows away from the chickens and prevents a collaboration to overthrow the current administration.

And YES on street view.  Really nice place you have there!! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

Richard, 

"'Lectric fence" is easy to move, lots easier than the chickens.  And gets the cows away from the chickens and prevents a collaboration to overthrow the current administration.

And YES on street view.  Really nice place you have there!! 

Thanks much, tis fun work maintaining--seriously, I do consider it fun.  

The blue compound is where the horsey's play-red are lectric gates(the one stays open).  the yellow highlight is what we got for our oldest daughter, the black is the total area.

What's in white is what I'd like to buy to prevent anyone from getting that close or clearing or anything.  

image.png.97c428624f721e7837957b4a183fe9aa.png

• Like 2

Wow, you better buy that up because even nicest of neighbors can become arseholes, if they get too comfortable in the hood. :rofl:

image.gif

• Haha 1

All that circiled in white was wooded a couple of years ago.  Even the locals didn't know there was a pond there.  Previous owner had everything in blue for "generations".  We found out about the sale when we heard machinery whirring in the distance and notice them clearing all that mess out.  A local guy we know, knew who previously owned the property, but didn't know he sold it, so, he calls pretending to want to buy it.  Found out that the previous owner never wanted to sell as folks would only want a chunk of it, this new guy made an offer for the whole thing.  So, I snoop the new owner's info and make a call to him asking about a 3ac spread I'd like to get to keep the area "natural".  He comes by and says he's not opposed to selling the chunk of land, so I research the sale price on the whole lot, do the Math for Marines and make him an offer a bit above the per acre price he paid.  He crawfish'd out and did say he's got no plans for the back "40" for the next ten years,......ugh,....what happens after that ten years is up.  A guess a good thing is that right at the border of our properties it's fairly steep, so I dunno what he'd do with that other than clear it out, but I'm not in agriculture.  That front bit he cleared, he grows boxwoods, cypress trees and ornamental evergreens.......so long as he's not going to make it a subdivision, I guess I'll be ok.

image.thumb.png.776bfb2427fc2f5f9679cec03cb88482.png

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

Every time I've gone to Japan, there's been at least one evening/night where I've heard some motorcycle hooligan revving the crap out of their engine somewhere out there.  It always sounded a little bit odd/rough, but I just assumed they were pinning the throttle and bouncing off of the rev limiter, and that the engine was just irregularly stumbling each time ignition resumed.

Turns out it's more complicated.  The riders are performing a "cutting call," creating a particular sequence of sounds and rhythms by rapidly blipping and "cutting" the throttle, together with coordinated clutch blips.  It's a big enough thing that there are organized competitions.  Here's a short compilation; skip to about 2:35 for the best visual display of what the rider is doing with their hands.  Also, the woman at 1:43 took third place in a national "Q-1" cutting call competition in 2019:

If you're struggling to pick up the rhythm/musicality, well, you can count on Andre Antunes to find it for you:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

It's tougher to find neutral on my 1250 than it was on my 1200, and I've been on other bikes where neutral was really difficult to find.  Neat to see that Kawasaki makes it easier, and I wish BMW would have done the same:

Joe Frickin' Friday

Ejecting from a fighter plane hurts.  The ejection seat itself subjects a pilot to somewhere around 15G, which frequently causes spinal injuries.  But the other factor is the wind.  Here's what your unprotected face experiences at 300 MPH and more:

2 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

It's tougher to find neutral on my 1250 than it was on my 1200, and I've been on other bikes where neutral was really difficult to find.  Neat to see that Kawasaki makes it easier, and I wish BMW would have done the same:

Yup ... they have had that feature for years.   Attending Americade years back I would demo ride a lot of new bikes and the Kawasaki always had the positive neutral finder.  They also had a 2 step center stand on the Voyager which was SUPER easy to use.   Two features that others never adapted. 

Not sure if this has been posted yet but interesting for sure.   Much like when we were encouraged in the 90's to "buy American cars" .... if you can determine what IS an American car.