IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

From see through ice to invisible gate! :dontknow:How..Why…Damn that must hurt!

Hat trick!

Man, that's like the 11'8" bridge, except more painful.

4 hours ago, Red said:

That guy was smokin'.  Was it an ebike?

Looks like all three were truckin' along.  Wonder if it was a downhill run leading to that gate?

• Like 1
On 12/11/2023 at 6:30 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Hat trick!

Man, that's like the 11'8" bridge, except more painful.

Looks like all three were truckin' along.  Wonder if it was a downhill run leading to that gate?

A closer look shows the main pathway turns left onto the street....... going straight to the gate requires the rider/victim to deviate to his/her right in order to continue towards destiny.:java:

Joe Frickin' Friday

Be careful.

Twenty years ago, my dad said that it's easy to get complacent about safety when using a chainsaw.  He said this while bleeding profusely from a nearly-severed thumb, caused by his own complacency while using a chainsaw.  He was holding a small branch with one hand while using the chainsaw with his other hand; the saw jumped out of the kerf and rode down the branch to the thumb of his gripping hand, slicing it up pretty badly.  The connective tissue and skin got repaired at the ER, but it took a surprisingly long time for the nerves to grow back and restore full sensation.  Yikes.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:33 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Be careful.

Twenty years ago, my dad said that it's easy to get complacent about safety when using a chainsaw.  He said this while bleeding profusely from a nearly-severed thumb, caused by his own complacency while using a chainsaw.  He was holding a small branch with one hand while using the chainsaw with his other hand; the saw jumped out of the kerf and rode down the branch to the thumb of his gripping hand, slicing it up pretty badly.  The connective tissue and skin got repaired at the ER, but it took a surprisingly long time for the nerves to grow back and restore full sensation.  Yikes.

My first real job outta high school was in a photo finishing lab. It's the place where your film (remember that?) would get sent after you dropped them off at the drugstore. We serviced drop off locations across the entire state.

Some outlying counties would use us to process crime and accident scene photos. The absolute worst one we saw come through was a chainsaw accident, and yep, the guy was standing on a ladder trying to trim branches. You can imagine how ugly partial decapitation is. And it was sobering even for us, the crew of callous and invincible twenty-somethings as we gawked over the finished prints.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

pop goes the weasel:

I liked how it blew, all seemed well considering, then came crashing down and pure mayhem. Fire isn't funny, but that was kind of funny!

Joe Frickin' Friday
30 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I liked how it blew, all seemed well considering, then came crashing down and pure mayhem. Fire isn't funny, but that was kind of funny!

Craziest thing, when it exploded on impact it sprayed fuel/fire all over the table and the unoccupied chair, but absolutely none on the guy.  Talk about luck.  He didn't even know it was coming; he never looked up.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Did I post this already?  Hot metal + hydraulic leak = "I'm leaving early."  Twenty seconds to go from "uh-oh" to "uninhabitable."

56 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Did I post this already?  Hot metal + hydraulic leak = "I'm leaving early."  Twenty seconds to go from "uh-oh" to "uninhabitable."

I think it was posted long ago, but damn, that is terrifying!

• Plus 1 2
18 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

If it were a truly honest parody soccer mom would have used expletives with her kids.

"GET IN THE F!@#%+G CAR, NOW!!!"

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Looks like fun!     :yes:

On one of your trips across the pond you should make time to visit the Mach-Loop. Looks like one of the coolest places on earth to be an aviation buff! :thumbsup:

I know, right?   I will have to look into that.   I recently visited 2 museums (https://www.britishcommercialvehiclemuseum.com/  and   https://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/) with a few more to go; the https://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk/ will be the next priority.

That location in Northern Wales is within striking distance on an A-road from our visiting base in Tarleton.   I (meaning Laura) will have to work that into our busy schedule on a future trip.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder, y'all.

• Like 1

This one’s a little long but if you’re a Travis fan, you’ll like it. 

Breaking new ground umm…air and his hand in the process. :4316:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Didn't know where to put this, but thought here was fitting.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czt7zs6Rff4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

maybe the cars thread, it's about morons impeding traffic in cars. florida is trying to alleviate the problem but unless they start enforcing it probably won't do much. for more info see the cars thread.

16 hours ago, roadscholar said:

maybe the cars thread, it's about morons impeding traffic in cars. florida is trying to alleviate the problem but unless they start enforcing it probably won't do much. for more info see the cars thread.

I also like the comment the deputy gave toward the end when he asked about weapons.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

Re crash video.  Ouch.  Just goes to show you that some of the best riders in the world can lose control of their machines and have spectacularly scary crashes.

7 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I also like the comment the deputy gave toward the end when he asked about weapons.

"You should; it's dangerous out here."    Classic!!

:rofl:

8 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Yeah ... I lived in Jersey my first 40 years and was raised driving on the Garden State Parkway and always was taught to keep right pass left.  I moved to NC in '96 and they just recently passed a law about not hanging out in the left lane!   Jeeesh thought that was common sense.   The best was last year in Virginia they had a flashing sign on I-81 that said "Hang out in our state parks not the left lane" 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Yeah ... I lived in Jersey my first 40 years and was raised driving on the Garden State Parkway and always was taught to keep right pass left.  I moved to NC in '96 and they just recently passed a law about not hanging out in the left lane!   Jeeesh thought that was common sense.   The best was last year in Virginia they had a flashing sign on I-81 that said "Hang out in our state parks not the left lane" 

Ya, it ain'ta law yet in NC that can cause a fine or pull over by LEO.  There may be signs posted that the left lane is for passing or slower traffic keep right, but it ain't a law yet enforceable, but there is a movement.

Joe Frickin' Friday
58 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Chainsaw Artist :cool:

Nice craftsmanship.  A bit scary, there's no brake on that chainsaw and he's doing a lot of tip work - maybe it helps that the bar is shorter, so not so much leverage if it kicks back on him?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Ya, it ain'ta law yet in NC that can cause a fine or pull over by LEO.  There may be signs posted that the left lane is for passing or slower traffic keep right, but it ain't a law yet enforceable, but there is a movement.

Yes they are adding to a "left lane" law already in place  ... Current N.C. law makes it illegal to drive in the left lane at any speed lower than the posted speed limit unless drivers are preparing for a left-hand turn. House Bill 724 would add new guidelines for the rules of the road to keep left lanes clear.   The proposed bill would make it illegal to drive in the left-hand lane of a controlled access highway except for overtaking other vehicles --- along with a few other exceptions.  But it's kind of like adding COMMON SENSE verbiage. 

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/04/19/keep-it-moving-proposed-law-would-mean-100-fine-left-lane-cruising/

Joe Frickin' Friday
11 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Again, them Bobbies are too damn polite, he should of put a slug in the top of that mutts head! And I like dogs, but… :classic_angry:

A gunshot might spook the horse out from under himself.  Seems like he maybe coulda swung a collapsible baton though.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

A gunshot might spook the horse out from under himself.  Seems like he maybe coulda swung a collapsible baton though.  

Quite possible but most cop horses are desensitized to that I would think. 

And ya, I’m sure the paperwork would have been brutal, a ricochet off the dogs melon could have hurt somebody, maybe he was following his protocol. :dontknow: