IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Skywagon
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Welcome back ya lurker!

That^^^  was afraid you might have fallen through a lake and frozen to death.  

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
Rougarou

I have several cans of wasp spray strategically located on the property 

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

I have several cans of wasp spray strategically located on the property 

As do we!!

• Like 1

Use a hose-end sprayer with dish soap in it.   Spray bottles work for stragglers flying around when there is not a nest to deal with and no need to drag out a hose.

For the hard-to reach-places, up high, I used a window wash bottle for the garden hose.   The brand is Windex.   It will stream up high and works great.   Of course, Richard may opt to use a ladder configuration for posting purposes.   :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 1

Now I’m a subscriber to stupid stuff but I’ve got one question… Why? :dontknow:

Hosstage
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Because, watch this!

• Like 1
Rougarou
10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The same reason people race in ovals, circuit tracks, straight strips, rally roads and any other condition of racing.

• Like 1
Rougarou
9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

He passed without much fanfare. :( Pun intended. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/-cpihY3tMh8?si=nKzm1AeXcBAi2mZF

Growing up, NASCAR was mom's go to viewing, so, ya, you stuck watching them when there's only one TV in the house.  When people ask me about sports, I always say the last time I watched a NASCAR race, Cale Yarborough was still driving, Indy, Johnny Rutherford was still driving, baseball, Reggie Jackson was still with the Yankees, football, Jim Plunket was still with the Oakland Raiders, basketball, ABA was still a thing with its red, white and blue balls.

So, seeing the news last week that Cale Yarborough passed away, it is kinda sad.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Growing up, NASCAR was mom's go to viewing, so, ya, you stuck watching them when there's only one TV in the house.  When people ask me about sports, I always say the last time I watched a NASCAR race, Cale Yarborough was still driving, Indy, Johnny Rutherford was still driving, baseball, Reggie Jackson was still with the Yankees, football, Jim Plunket was still with the Oakland Raiders, basketball, ABA was still a thing with its red, white and blue balls.

So, seeing the news last week that Cale Yarborough passed away, it is kinda sad.

I met him 2 years ago at a car show.  Great guy!  I loved the raving of that era.  But I’m an old fart. 

RandyShields
3 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Slick dance routine:

Really beautiful movement.  Kind of a combination of dancing and mime.  I couldn't help but think that Gene Kelly would be doing something like that if he was in his prime today.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, duckhawk64 said:

Dubstep. My son used to do it.

On my best day I could not come close to doing that.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

1967 short film, "Vicious Cycles:"  It starts out looking just a little bit like Mad Max, but...it's not.

• Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
ESokoloff
1 hour ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

1967 short film, "Vicious Cycles:"  It starts out looking just a little bit like Mad Max, but...it's not.

I remember seeing this Loooong ago. 

Just now revisiting it I see that it was filmed not too far from home (Agoura Hills/Calabasas, CA area) 

image.thumb.png.888bd724487d329f1665b1625a0b8bb3.png

4 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Agoura Hills/Calabasas, CA

The old rest area has been a local park for years, one of my buddies lives in the housing tract there........ and of course those roads are all gone. Interesting to see!!

ESokoloff

I’m guessing they used Agoura Rd which still retains some of it’s charm between Liberty & Palo Comado Canyon (formerly Chessbro). 

ESokoloff
8 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

I’m guessing they used Agoura Rd which still retains some of it’s charm between Liberty & Palo Comado Canyon (formerly Chessbro). 

Note the palm tree on the left, hill in the background, oak trees & power lines on the right. 

Then

image.thumb.png.022c4de88104428bb0f7c1fb0c7887c2.png

Now (2015) 

image.thumb.png.fb8948ae68a511305215158069169eac.png

Location on Google map

https://maps.app.goo.gl/X289c8w5L5maNpGt5?g_st=ic

Joe Frickin' Friday

Pro tip:

When you're part of the ground crew on a heli lift operation, don't pull the tether cable into the rotor disc (FF to 1:40 to see close-up):

while the bottom guy whipped it, I think rotor wash pulled it in more so than the whipping of the line.  I dunno

ESokoloff
13 hours ago, Rougarou said:

while the bottom guy whipped it, I think rotor wash pulled it in more so than the whipping of the line.  I dunno

I saw the guy in black grab the line & perhaps a combination of him pulling down & the bird rising  built tension on the line to the level that caused the guy to loose his grip & it slung up like a slingshot into the rotor.  

Wasn't the line that caught the rotor blades attached to the bottom of the 'copter?.......Looks to me like it was....but my eyes are sleepy and I haven't had my coffee yet.  

How timely. Today, I let our little mutt off the leash for like the first time, figuring she’d hang with the shepherd. Nope, she blasted off around the back of the house! Not today but on a weekly occurrence I see a Coyote or Fox following the little stream out back. I’m running around the house chasing the little sucker, I wasn’t in a bathrobe though! :classic_laugh: Who knew to grab them by the tail, seemed to do the trick. :dontknow:

• Thanks 1

That's a pretty small coyote.  Likely not full grown.   It'd been a different outcome with an adult.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Is this takedown staged, or is it the real deal?  This guy made it seem so easy:

He knew how to make his larger opponent go to sleep. Or tap out before.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

He knew how to make his larger opponent go to sleep. Or tap out before.

That much was clear, but I'm wondering how he got into a position to apply a sleeper hold so quickly and with so little resistance from his opponent.

• Thinking 1

Good question, maybe the bigger guy never played “king of the school yard” :spittake: He had no experience wrestling kids growing up. :dontknow:

• Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

When your dog really is your best friend:

• Like 3
Joe Frickin' Friday

Cockpit footage of a super hornet carrier landing, all the way from the downwind leg until he gets parked at the stern of the carrier.  The neat added touch on this one is the continuous narration (added after the fact) that helps you understand exactly what's happening at each point.  Very interesting to see how tightly coordinated the aircraft's movements are after touchdown, with control being handed off from one deck crew member to another in a continuous chain, all the way from touchdown until the plane gets parked at the back of the ship:

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Cockpit footage of a super hornet carrier landing, all the way from the downwind leg until he gets parked at the stern of the carrier.  The neat added touch on this one is the continuous narration (added after the fact) that helps you understand exactly what's happening at each point.  Very interesting to see how tightly coordinated the aircraft's movements are after touchdown, with control being handed off from one deck crew member to another in a continuous chain, all the way from touchdown until the plane gets parked at the back of the ship:

It's gooder to see this stuff in real life.  Spent two years on carriers, Saratoga and Kennedy.  When it was time for me to rotate out, I got to ride the COD,....which means, I got launched from the catapult.

The most dangerous place on a carrier is the flight deck, the rainbow coalition does a phenomenal job of controlling their environment up there and down in the hanger deck.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

When you’re built just a little different. :cool:

Ok that’s just nuts! 

• Plus 1 1
BerettaRacer

This is the Schilthorn Mtn, Switzerland, the tram is up to the peak, Piz Gloria.

Back in the day, the then new restaurant at the peak of Piz Gloria was used as the "bad guy" Telly Savales' hangout in the Bond movie, Her Majesties Secret Service

The restaurant was built for the view over to and across the valley to the North face of the Eiger and the Jungfrau Ridge

I had ridden this tram a few months before on a ski trip. In the still pics The North face of the Eiger is on the far left. Also known as the "Wall of Death" or "Murder Wall". In the 70's Clint Eastwood did a movie there, "The Eiger Sanction" it didn't age well. A much better movie, based on the true story of an attempted climb is the 2008 German made "North Face".

Lauterbrunnen 016.JPG

Lauterbrunnen 024.JPG

Lauterbrunnen 031.JPG

Lauterbrunnen 034.JPG

Lauterbrunnen 067.JPG

Lauterbrunnen 006-4.jpg

• Like 5