IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday

Playing chicken with a bus driver who just ain't chicken, thus revealing the protesters to all be...chicken.  If you look closely at 0:36, he's got a spotter in the bus with his head pressed up against the glass and looking pretty much straight down, watching to see if any protester disappears under the bumper.

• Smile 3
7 hours ago, Lowndes said:

OK. Back to the regularly scheduled programing.

THE BEST CNN clip of ALL TIME: https://youtube.com/shorts/ajgQFqvdTwM?si=zMZYmK4xKKY7Y-af

Wait. Don't go there....

I don't understand the problem.  :4315:

Dictionary

Data from Oxford Languages
Look it up

boob
[bo͞ob]

NOUN
  1. NORTH AMERICAN ENGLISH
    a foolish or stupid person:
    "why was that boob given a key investigation?"
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 11/26/2023 at 3:27 PM, TEWKS said:

So what the heck happened to that guy?  He didn't hit that pothole on the inside of that turn.  Did he drag hard parts on the right side of the bike?  It didn't seem like he was leaned over that far, and the road wasn't sloping up toward his centerstand.  

Did he just stall it?

• Like 1

And, he probably lives in an area with a lot of straight roads. He looked very uncomfortable negotiating that hairpin especially with the ascent added in. To be honest, I felt awkward first time experiencing roads like that over there. And I thought I was an ok rider at the time. :dontknow:

• Like 1

He was mentally preparing himself to stop drop, as he had his feet off the pegs prior to turning in.   :dontknow:

Hell, even the guy that just went by him was looking back to watch.

Yeah, blame it on the bike; those self-driving GS bikes cannot handle pavement all too well.   :burnout:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

And, he probably lives in an area with a lot of straight roads. He looked very uncomfortable negotiating that hairpin especially with the ascent added in. To be honest, I felt awkward first time experiencing roads like that over there. And I thought I was an ok rider at the time. :dontknow:

Same here. The tour was for "expert" riders with at least 30,000 miles of riding experience. I figured, yup, that's me, I've got a 1/4 million miles of riding, how hard can it be?

Holy hell, I was not an expert rider at all! I never dropped it on those corners, even with my wife on the back, but I sure beat hell out of that clutch getting thru them. Eyes up and find your line!

He went in way too tight and realized he was screwed right away, panic.

I consider myself much closer to expert status after ten days of those switchbacks.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Eyes up and find your line!

He was probably not in the correct gear as well. Wrong entry line....etc. Easily negotiated turn with the proper mindset. 

• Like 3
On 11/28/2023 at 11:46 AM, fourteenfour said:

I've trained to go overboard on one of those, strapped in and stuff, but never got launched.

But I have done this:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzljCXDA1VY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuWx-a_ADar/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

And this Navy Captain is a legend within the Navy

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgmX9hHje0_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Joe Frickin' Friday

Matt Spears takes the knobby 'Busa to Moab.  Equally cool is the 85YO dude they came across who is ripping around on the rocks on an e-bike. 

Hot tub at 5:00, Hell's Gate at 7:00 (9:40 if you skip the build-up).

This one is borderline Full Throttle stuff right here, but participation in animal breeding conservation is serious business.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Lesson learned, don't go skydiving/gliding with an amateur pyrotechnic payload strapped to your body.  Lucky he didn't burn up his reserve chute:

• Haha 1

in aspen they have emergency cut off switches for that with a full time operator, and that was in the 60's/70's. one time a (somewhat chubby) buddy and i got on one of the big lifts at snowmass and he didn't get situated properly while it was gaining altitude and fell out about l5 feet up. luckily he landed in 4 or 5 feet of powder so no harm. they stopped the lift and i yelled, i'll wait for you at the top tony, everyone laughed.

• Smile 1

Isn't that what they experience when they wipe out going down the hill?   Seems minor compared to a sudden tree encounter.

• Thinking 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
17 hours ago, roadscholar said:

in aspen they have emergency cut off switches for that with a full time operator, and that was in the 60's/70's.

According to the press conference afterward, there was a loss of electrical power, after which the operator...made mistakes.  They didn't specify, but if I had to guess, I'd say that the loss of power meant that the weight of all the meat on the "up" side propelled the whole thing in reverse because nobody set an emergency brake.

Same sort of thing happens on escalators sometimes:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Something you don’t see everyday.

Years back I attended Winter Carnaval in Lake George (back when they had snow :-) )  and part of the lake were frozen clear.  It always freaked me out to walk on the clear ice!! 

• Like 2

Our lake is freezing this year with no snowfall, should make for interesting walks on the ice. It will also bring out the ice boats, which is cool to see, and rare, snow shuts them down most years. They get out about every 4 or 5 years for a few days.

• Like 1