IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Quite possible but most cop horses are desensitized to that I would think. 

And ya, I’m sure the paperwork would have been brutal, a ricochet off the dogs melon could have hurt somebody, maybe he was following his protocol. :dontknow:

The horses in my field dont even flinch when the shootin is a happening

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Again, them Bobbies are too damn polite, he should of put a slug in the top of that mutts head! And I like dogs, but… :classic_angry:

It looked like they only had tazers and expandable wands, but no guns.    They should have called for an Armed Response Vehicle.  It happened too quick, though.

:dontknow:

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

It looked like they only had tazers and expandable wands, but no guns.    They should have called for an Armed Response Vehicle.  It happened too quick, though.

:dontknow:

Zap the damn dog

• Plus 1 4

Nice, ^ this is the first dog I could ever get to do that trick. Believe it or not, she learned it this afternoon. (Maybe I was subconsciously role playing a British Bobby) :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Nice, ^ this is the first dog I could ever get to do that trick. Believe it or not, she learned it this afternoon. (Maybe I was subconsciously role playing a British Bobby) :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

Took the rottie about 20 minutes to get the jist of it (bacon treats,...many, many bacon treats).  Most of the times, she would take one shot to get her down, than another in the head to go down.  She was a big dog.

Also, she was taught hand signals.  One finger up, she sat, point down, she laid down, fist, she stayed, hand facing her she stopped, circle your hand above your head, she came. 

She was the best one and last dog I'll own.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

another in the head to go down.  She was a big dog.

Haha, I’m talking to the little one during the training today, “you’re five pounds one shot is all you need”. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Remember the Good Ole Days when we had oil threads to keep ourselves entertained??  Then it was tires, then batteries, or was it batteries THEN tires?? Then LED vs Halogen war was trying to get airspeed when some yahoo comes along with testing, comparisons, and stuff like knowledge and facts and ruins ever'thing.  We'll just have to settle for somethin like electrical tape to argue about now

Merry Christmas anyway everybody..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAmpVnZD9TI

• Like 1

‘Tis the Season  :whistle: to be droney fa la la la la! :classic_biggrin: 

This, like the Fourth of July drone show is just an amazing feat of precision. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Something for Christmas! 

My words might be jumbled a bit 'cause I have trouble seeing what I'm typing thru the tears.......Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2

In a similar style of that video, here’s my attempt at storytelling. True story.

I know of stories that trooper tells and understand some heartache with the ring of every bell. A little girl much that same age was exiting her school bus for the Christmas stay when without warning tragedy stuck, and within minutes, we were running for our truck.

As she stepped off and started to walk she slipped in the snow as the bus began to go. Now what happened next could only be described as a catastrophic event. The wheels of the bus so big and so round rolled over that little girl who lay on the ground.  

We called for help from the sky but the weather was so heavy a helicopter couldn’t fly. We did our best and hurried her off to the nearest hospital in that cold and windy frost.

As with most calls I didn’t look back because dwelling on too many can have a cost. 

Now as the years rolled by that call faded away until just recently it was brought up in a very good way. A coworker’s nephew just had his wedding day and I asked about his bride in the most respectful way. Now how this came up I will never know but she was that same little girl we picked up off the snow so long ago.

author unknown 

:spittake:

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1

When my wife introduces herself to her 4th grade class and gives a brief history, she tells of the Marine Corps and her travels because of me along with her experiences as a Marine wife.  One year, one of her former students comes back, he's a senior in hi skool.  He lets her know that he joined the Marine Corps because of the stories she told.  I thought that amazing.

• Like 7

My commuting fantasy, though I favored  a stealthier version, tucked behind the grill. 

Debated with myself often while stuck in traffic,  machine gun or rocket launcher?

4 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

I’m guessing there are some flat spotted tires there going to go thump thump tump

Well, if he can get the thump thump thump matching, I-10 would be a smooth ride

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Roug… off topic, bu a quick question since you mentioned 10. Do you know if they have finished construction from Lafayette to Beaumont. Haven’t been that way since Covid and it was a mess then

1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

Dipshit is right 

You got that right!   He should say a prayer and play the lottery, that 18-wheeler did an amazing job !! 

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Some aerial footage of a house in Michigan that exploded yesterday.  YouTube won't allow an embed, so if you want to watch, you'll need to click through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLc3JZ5q75g

Just the aftermath, only offered to show the scale of the destruction.  As you can see, the house is completely gone, nothing left but a basement.

This was about six miles from my house.  We had a magnitude 4.2 earthquake  in Kalamazoo in 2015, and it shook our house more than any thunder or nearby earth mover ever did.  But that paled in comparison to the way our house shook yesterday, from six miles away.  I went around looking out all of the windows, expecting to see a plume of smoke from a crashed airliner nearby.  So much energy, wow.  

Unfortunately, it ended up with four people dead and two in critical condition.  This was at 3 in the afternoon, so presumably at least a few of them weren't sleeping.  I know they use oderants in propane and natural gas, and I'm at a loss to understand how nobody could have noticed the smell before it went kabang.

ESokoloff
4 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I know they use oderants in propane and natural gas, and I'm at a loss to understand how nobody could have noticed the smell before it went kabang.

Looked like a propane tank by the cars.  
If so, the leak(s) wouldn’t have been smelled by anyone at a higher altitude as the accumulating bomb.  

Natural gas is lighter then air but unfortunately propane is heavier & would have sought the lowest elevation. 

RIP to the victims.  

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Pipe organ power-up/power-down (video below).   When he flips the switch on, it takes time for the blower to spin up and for the spring- or gravity-loaded bellows to fill to the point where full wind capacity is achieved.  In the interim, you get some eerie sounds - and the same thing happens in reverse after flipping the switch off:

Back before electric motors were a thing, the bellows were human-powered:

• Thinking 1
On 1/2/2024 at 11:44 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

ZFG kitten:

WOW .. that was amazing!   Kitty must have been scared to death! 

ESokoloff
On 1/2/2024 at 8:44 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

ZFG kitten:

Here’s where the video was shot…..

https://maps.app.goo.gl/UYLPZGLAprto1V6H9?g_st=ic

Check street view for conformation. 

We live on the outer fringes of undeveloped Santa Monica Mnt & gave up on cats after the second one went missing.   
Hawks, Falcons, Owls, Coyotes, Bob Cats, or even Mountain Lions & Bears make cats an infeasible pet around here.  

1 hour ago, ESokoloff said:

Here’s where the video was shot…..

https://maps.app.goo.gl/UYLPZGLAprto1V6H9?g_st=ic

Check street view for conformation. 

We live on the outer fringes of undeveloped Santa Monica Mnt & gave up on cats after the second one went missing.   
Hawks, Falcons, Owls, Coyotes, Bob Cats, or even Mountain Lions & Bears make cats an infeasible pet around here.  

Your link brings up Ladera Heights.......

ESokoloff

Based on the street sign “Slauson”, I looked for a church on Slauson with a pine cell tower nearby on Google Map. 
I believe the car was parked on the East side of the Mickey D's  (McDonald’s) with the Home Depot sign & Mr Fish Mex Grill in the background.  
Go to street view to confirm.  

ESokoloff

Here’s a still of the video

image.thumb.jpeg.14be03b21dfdc10b0c1b69dc738e385e.jpeg

And here’s a view from Google Map 

image.thumb.png.139a4f87d2a26ac76a502f01cbb71df4.png

Scott9999
On 12/30/2023 at 5:38 PM, Skywagon said:

I’m guessing there are some flat spotted tires there going to go thump thump tump

Imagine that (probably elderly, inexperienced) RV driver cost the trucker or his company anywhere from $5K on up.   Likely ruined that set of tires, so that some or all are no longer safe.  (Nope, not a big rig driver, haven't even done it as "Walter Mitty".)

Rougarou
3 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

Imagine that (probably elderly, inexperienced) RV driver cost the trucker or his company anywhere from $5K on up.   Likely ruined that set of tires, so that some or all are no longer safe.  (Nope, not a big rig driver, haven't even done it as "Walter Mitty".)

Welcome back ya lurker!!!!

• Smile 3