IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday
6 hours ago, AnotherLee said:

Keeping up?

"How many videos are uploaded to YouTube every day? Around 3.7m new videos are uploaded to YouTube every day – that's around 271,330 hours of video content based on an average length of 4.4 minutes."

YouTube Stats: Everything You Need to Know In 2024! - Wyzowl

Since YouTube is owned by Google, this TED talk segment is relevant (video is cued to start at the 3:00 mark):

• Smile 2

Ummm, nope.   I do not think John Wayne would agree to be in a beer-flavored water commercial.   Just sayin"

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I didn’t know R. Lee joined the Army? :dontknow:

He flew a helicopter in 1st CAV!

image.thumb.png.4c4717b8bdfb0e1b65c7702841ebead5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

There was a subtle joke in the clip I posted. ;)

I was born blonde...

• Haha 1

Richard is probably still out cleaning up his hoe but I figured he’d of caught the gaffe. R. Lee called his men “soldiers”. :spittake:

19 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Richard is probably still out cleaning up his hoe but I figured he’d of caught the gaffe. R. Lee called his men “soldiers”. :spittake:

Marines don't like that...

• Smile 1
6 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

Marines don't like that...

Yeah he may have mentioned that once or twice here on the forum. :spittake:

• Plus 1 1
  • Thinking 1

Ya'll funny.

I played a soldier once, actually several times as a child,....then I grew up and quit playing children's games and became a Marine:classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
On 2/5/2024 at 5:59 AM, Rougarou said:

Ya'll funny.

I played a soldier once, actually several times as a child,....then I grew up and quit playing children's games and became a Marine:classic_biggrin:

Spoken like every Marine I've ever met.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Remind me in Eureka to tell you a story about taking 3 Marines on a flight. Too long for here

Just keep it in parallel, if you know what I mean and I think you do!

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I dunno...Not sure the trooper should have been cooking along at 140mph+  lots could go wrong just to chase a motorcycle speeding.  @9Mary7

Trooper probably has a family who would like to see him tonight.  

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Cutter horses are used to separate a single animal from its herd and keep it separated until ranchers can do whatever they need to do with it (brand it, treat it, put it in a pen/trailer, etc.).  Like just about anything else, it's become a competitive sport that you regularly see at rodeos.  The cool thing is that once the rider gets the horse zeroed in on a particular animal for separation, the rider stops giving the horse instructions, and the horse starts making its own moves to keep the cow isolated.  In this video (cued to start at 0:30), the horse and rider take a minute to pick a cow out, and then the horse goes on autopilot around 1:27:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Skywagon said:

I dunno...Not sure the trooper should have been cooking along at 140mph+  lots could go wrong just to chase a motorcycle speeding.  @9Mary7

Trooper probably has a family who would like to see him tonight.  

Looks like he has excellent car control so...:dontknow:...... Arkansas drivers are obviously used to this as they are using their mirrors and moving over. Trooper is over-driving his siren so you won't hear him till he's next to you. It's a dangerous business...don't think I would've continued at 100+ on city streets but he knows what he's doing. Arkansas frowns heavily on people that run from the police, seen video of them PIT ing cars at 75-80 mph. I think they are in competition with Georgia State Troopers for the highest speed PIT.:yes:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
8 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Cutter horses are used to separate a single animal from its herd and keep it separated until ranchers can do whatever they need to do with it (brand it, treat it, put it in a pen/trailer, etc.).  Like just about anything else, it's become a competitive sport that you regularly see at rodeos.  The cool thing is that once the rider gets the horse zeroed in on a particular animal for separation, the rider stops giving the horse instructions, and the horse starts making its own moves to keep the cow isolated.  In this video (cued to start at 0:30), the horse and rider take a minute to pick a cow out, and then the horse goes on autopilot around 1:27:

That's not a horse.  It's a border collie in a horse costume!   

When I was a younger man, I had a rancher friend that said I could take his horses out for some exercise in the winter.  I had no idea that cutting horses were so obsessive about their job.  Well, I had a girl friend who liked to ride, but no horse.  Perfect.  We saddled up one day and were just moving at a leisurely pace when we came up on a  couple dozen cows.  When we got about 15 yards from them, my horse just couldn't stand it anymore, took over, and went into I'm-in-charge-now cutting mode.  Totally caught me by surprise.  It was fun after the initial WTH moment.  Impressed by date as well.  She thought I was doing all that fancy work, when actually I just had to make sure I was set up for all the cutting moves.  

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Looks like he has excellent car control so...:dontknow:...... Arkansas drivers are obviously used to this as they are using their mirrors and moving over. Trooper is over-driving his siren so you won't hear him till he's next to you. It's a dangerous business...don't think I would've continued at 100+ on city streets but he knows what he's doing. Arkansas frowns heavily on people that run from the police, seen video of them PIT ing cars at 75-80 mph. I think they are in competition with Georgia State Troopers for the highest speed PIT.:yes:

They definitely don't play in Arkansas. There is a YouTube legend with the ASP, Trooper Jacob Byrd and his high speed pit maneuvers. 

We lost a Georgia State Trooper a few weeks ago who crashed chasing a motorcycle. Glad to see they caught the guy on the bike and charged him with murder. Hopefully the charges stick. 

• Like 3
Joe Frickin' Friday

Just a nice soothing clip to calm you down before you go off to bed:

The guy doing all the work is Hafthor Bjornsson, whom you might have seen in Game of Thrones or the Northman.  That's 1043 pounds, not even his biggest lift.

• Like 1
  • Smile 2
22 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

It looks like a fun bike.   :bike:

Great fun I’m sure, but the scenery would get a little boring after awhile. :bike::spittake:

IMG_0702.webp

• Smile 2
  • Haha 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Making sure your buddies don't get farther up the hill than you did:

Joe Frickin' Friday
24 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

What the.........?

Did his seat belt come undone?  Stuck throttle?  Brake failure?  All three at once?  No idea, but I'm sure he wasn't Mr. Popular after that.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
  • Thinking 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

No idea how you get this many contrabass saxophones in one place at one time, but it's kind of a unique sound:

Joe Frickin' Friday

I'm generally not a fan of skateboarders scuffing up every surface in sight and causing traffic mayhem...but for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, I like this video:

• Like 1
Hosstage

I'm a little torn myself. Mad skills, but damn it you kids, go to the playground, that's what they're there for! And get off my lawn!

• Haha 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
2 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Mad skills,

See, it's not even that.  I mean they're better than I ever was, and certainly gutsier and tougher (he rashes his palms hard several times, and his pants are torn to shreds by 2:40), but it's not like they're sporting flashy top-dollar gear and doing Tony Hawk-level tricks with expert cinematography.  The guy isn't even showboating for the camera really, he's just doing his thing while his buddies watch.  Just a bunch of low-budget boarders having a good time and shooting some footage, I guess.  Something cool about that.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
duckhawk64

I still ride a skateboard and a unicycle and a 6' tall , seat height, unicycle.  I only ride the 6 footer once or twice a year. I use a step ladder to get on it. I am plus 59 years old. 

I have never done the tricks the kids do nowadayson the skateboard. I just do it for the balance to help me be a better mortarcycle rider.  

No iceskating this winter in Wisconsin because we had almost no ice, but I missed it. Same with downhill skiing. 

It's hard to watch people wipe out on youtube videos, but they are great to watch. 

• Like 1
Hosstage
On 3/6/2024 at 2:08 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

See, it's not even that.  I mean they're better than I ever was, and certainly gutsier and tougher (he rashes his palms hard several times, and his pants are torn to shreds by 2:40), but it's not like they're sporting flashy top-dollar gear and doing Tony Hawk-level tricks with expert cinematography.  The guy isn't even showboating for the camera really, he's just doing his thing while his buddies watch.  Just a bunch of low-budget boarders having a good time and shooting some footage, I guess.  Something cool about that.

Good point. I watched it again, and they are a bunch of hoodlums having a good time trying not to get killed. They did beat hell out of themselves. Fun to see them having fun in success and failure.

Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, fourteenfour said:

I watch all of this guy's videos.  Really well done, and really informative.  

Joe Frickin' Friday

Two ultra-orthodox Israeli Jewish street musicians, brothers Aryeh and Gil Gat, deliver an outstanding cover of "Sultans of Swing."  The whole song is great, but if you just want the guitar solo, head to 3:15:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
RandyShields
6 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Two ultra-orthodox Israeli Jewish street musicians, brothers Aryeh and Gil Gat, deliver an outstanding cover of "Sultans of Swing."  The whole song is great,

Yes it is -- one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands.  Just outstanding. 

• Plus 1 3
bendbill
On 3/14/2024 at 10:51 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Two ultra-orthodox Israeli Jewish street musicians, brothers Aryeh and Gil Gat, deliver an outstanding cover of "Sultans of Swing."  The whole song is great

It was an enjoyable performance.  Note to self--don't judge guitar players/singers by their payots

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
duckhawk64

I'll be modifying my current workout and adding some of these.  The PT I went to wanted me to overstrengthen my areas of weakness to avoid strain injuries. She nailed it. I haven't had any low back flare ups from pushinig mortarcycles on their center stands , sideways, or lifting dirtbikes up on pedestal stands for a long time. Stay fit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, duckhawk64 said:

I'll be modifying my current workout and adding some of these.  The PT I went to wanted me to overstrengthen my areas of weakness to avoid strain injuries. She nailed it. I haven't had any low back flare ups from pushinig mortarcycles on their center stands , sideways, or lifting dirtbikes up on pedestal stands for a long time. Stay fit.

Good Stuff for sure !!   Motion is Lotion!   And "Sitting is the new smoking"  ... get out and move! 

• Like 1